• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sacred Sword

Characters
Here

Octo Girl

An android bent on Resurgance
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"In the midst of war, an ancient evil lurked over the world, consuming whatever it touched. Husks of the consumed walked amongst the earth as mindless zombies. It seemed that the world had come down around the people of the earth, but there was one light in the darkness. The goddess blessed a single sword, one that would be able to slay the darkness with one swing, but only to its heart. The Hero to wield the sword was hand chosen by the goddess before her mortal form vanished into the air, as though she had just been dust. Her relics were spread across the world. The sword, hidden away in the jungle of remains. It is a jungle riddled with remains from wars before. The Spellbook, taken in by a wizard to seal away the magic from the wrong hands. The crown, given to the royal family that shared her bloodline.The Cloak, her cloak was able to keep the evil away from her body keeping her from becoming corrupt. It is guarded by a dragon which only the Heir can defeat. The Final Relic, The spirit orb. This relic is in an unknown location to anyone.

The war to end all wars, the war against darkness. This war had been the biggest any had seen and had taken all races to work together to defeat. The hero had slain the beast, but in turn lost his own life. No one has seen the final resting place of the hero, as soon after the Jungle of remains had sprouted. The sword had caused this, shadowing itself from those who wish to do harm with its powers. This is all I know of the subject, but hopefully you can fill in the blanks for me."

~Old Hodded Man, Storyteller

Last edited:
In the midst of the crowd, the old man told the same story day after day to the children in the center of Jinlon, The Kingdom of Peace. Under the shade of the fountain that poured a pink, sparkling water. This is where he always told the story. Terra sat with the children as the story had always intrigued her. She had a spellbook that was supposedly from the story, but it couldn't be as it was incomplete and only had some potion recipes and simple spells.

Still, hearing about the goddess had always interested her. Once the old man finished, he stood up and walked towards the inn he always went to after telling the story. Terra stood up as the children walked away. She could hear the hustle of the streets, carts being driven by motorized horses, And the sight of various adventurers wielding weapons she could only dream of. She was about to take off when she managed to remember what she had been here for. "I am always forgetting..." She said with an embarrassed laugh to herself. "I have to find the wielder..."

Jinlon is and has always been the largest gather spot for adventurers. It is on the coast and is a dockside kingdom, earning itself the tile of "The welcoming kingdom" for any explorers and adventurers coming from over seas. It is where you can find various entertainers, mercenaries, guilds, and pretty much anything under the stars.

Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Magadude Magadude Deathadder Deathadder Zamasu Zamasu

(Rp has started)

Gormer walks off the boat he was traveling on to get here. He then travels through Jinlon, kinda more distracted from his thoughts than actually paying attention to directions. I'M ACTUALLY HERE! Come on Gormer, calm down. This is just the same continent as THE sacred blade! The blade that I don't think anyone has actually found out what it actually do. The only thing I could fine on it's powers is that it can 'slay the darkness' , but I don't really know if that's literal or not. But still, I could be the first one to actually find out what it does. He grins while thinking, his grin getting bigger as he walks into a crowd. Then he instantly breaks out of his thoughts as he looks at the adventures with their weapons that he's never seen before, and rushes over to them to inspected their weapons better. This only makes the adventurers uncomfortable and they back away from him.

After hearing the old storyteller's tale for the past two weeks, Rinzler smiled as the children sat in awe. She was there every day listening to his voice weave the tale of a fantasy. So far, his story was the only thing that entertained her for the short time she'd resided in Jinlon. She'd memorized near every single word he repeated. The occasional change in a few words didn't alter the tale of the goddess and her belongings. While stretching her arms over her head after the story ended, she thought to herself, Perhaps this is my next adventure. She'd completed her most recent job and collected her pay a week prior, so she's been relaxing and enjoying her time here in Jinlon, showing up for the old man's fairy tale. Laughter came from near the fountain pulling Rinzler from her thoughts. At the fountain was the source of the sound: some of the children began to return to their families or to play with each other. How innocent they were as their laughter filled the air.

She decided that she needed to return to the blacksmith's where one of her swords was being resharpened. Dodging through the crowds of people, Rinzler easily reached her destination. After retrieving her short sword and making her payment, she stood outside the blacksmith's to inspect the work done by him. Satisfactory, she thought when she stared at the partial reflection of herself in the dagger. However, while leaning against the wall of the blacksmith's, she looked up as a few adventurers seemingly were sneaking away from something or someone. This piqued her interest as one adventurer passed by grumbling something about his 'precious weapon being stared at'. A quick look at his bow and arrows strapped to his back, she was sure that his weapon of choice wasn't extremely valuable, but Rinzler was intrigued in who was doing the staring...

Mentions: Magadude Magadude

Deamund clung to the old man's words, feeling the compassion and warmth in them as he finished the tale once again. He had only been in Jinlon a few days in search of information about the sacred sword and the horrid place in which it resided in, but, always managed to find himself at the fountain just in time for the old man's tale. In all honesty, the old man generated an unfamiliar feeling of wamrth in his chest.
It had been ages since Deamund had felt something more than Orion stirring inside of him and he intended to see if it intensified while gathering more information at the same time.

As the crowd dispersed and the old man retreated to the inn, Deamund
Sat up from the edge of the fountain, his scythe laid lazyly on his shoulder, its onyx blade gleaming menacingly from the sunlight. The feeling grew more intensely the closer he got to the inn, a quick smile flashed across his face as he approached the door, quickly disapearing as he turned the handle and ventured inside.

It has been days since first arriving at Jinlon, and already he got the information need from listening to the old man's tale of the fabled Sacred Sword. After the old man's tale has ended and the crowd dispersed, Jack went on to enter a tavern to get himself a drink and think of what's next. He enters the tavern and it is full of adventurers just like him. He went over to the counter where the bartender is. He sat down a said "Give me a mug of your famous beer." The bartender heeded his words and then he gives Jack the kingdom's most famous beer. As he drinks, he begins to take notice of the old man entering an inn. Maybe he could get to him after finishing his drink.

Gormer continues to stare at the other adventurers weapons, one by one with a big grin across his face. While he does so, he mumbles to himself about the details of the weapons he sees not noticing he's talking out loud. This only makes the other adventurers even more uncomfortable. Then he sees a adventurer with a short sword, and stares at it, noticing that the blade looks freshly sharpen. "The blade looks like it's been recently sharpen. If there weren't small bits of evidence of battle, it could possibly pass off as a new blade. The blacksmith of worked on this most of been a really good." He mumbles to himself, not really noticing the girl with the blade but the blade itself. He gets a little bit closer to see if he can find more details about it.

Mentions: Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

Terra sat aside the fountain, skimming through her spellbook. "There has to be some proof in here... Come on..." She murmured to herself as she got to the final page and saw it. Her eyes went wide as she sqw the proof she needed. A note to the goddess from her beloved. The only problem was that the name of said beloved was seemingly torn off. She shot straight up and ran towards the inn, unaware of an evil presence slowly coming.

The Inn was bubbling with chatter. The old man seemed to be out of the main area and had gone to a room. The tavern area was alive with activity. Wenchs ran back and forth while the keeper kept pouring beer.

Magadude Magadude Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Zamasu Zamasu Deathadder Deathadder

Rinzler breathed out a laugh, amused at how this individual was so intrigued into weapons. Interesting how he could see the damage done by her in battle and the work done by the blacksmith. Not being rude and wanting the other adventurers to mind their own business, she asked the energetic man, "Want to see some other weapons? There's an inn nearby where a bunch of adventurers go to stay and find work. I'm headed there actually, would you like to tag along?" The inn she was referring to was the one the old man was staying. She looked at the young man, and noted that he was around her age, perhaps a few years younger given how excitable and curious he seemed. Rinzler started towards the inn. If he wanted to join her or not, she wouldn't mind either way.

Magadude Magadude

Gormer, snapping out of his head when she spoke, finally notices the girl. When she mentions the inn, he nods his head vigorously. Then, as she goes to the inn, he follows her. As he walks with her he starts to wonder about the inn with adventurers, continuing to grin as he does. I wonder if any adventurers in there have any cool artifacts or relics. Or if there's any jobs that awards you artifacts! Or any jobs that take place in ancient ruins!

Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

After Jack finishes his drink and pays the bartender, he immediately goes out of the tavern and goes into the inn where the old man have entered. The inside is full of lively adventurers just like himself. The old man seems to be nowhere within the main room. He looks around the people, mainly the adventurers. They seemed to be a very interesting bunch, wielding weapons that are simple to unique.

The smell of alcohol and cooked meat filled Deamund's nostrils as he walked into the inn. Adventurers of all races, backgrounds, and social status bustled within the inn. Beautiful young women holding mugs of ale and platters of piping hot food whizzed passed him as he made his way to the back, towards the rooms. The shadowy spirit that slept within the young man's body soon stirred, a low gutteral hiss echoing throughout his mind.

"Something calls out into the void, Vermin....that old bag of bones may not have the answers you seek." Orion's words hung in the air as Deamund slowed his pace in pursuit of the old man until he almost stopped dead in his tracks until he felt Orion call out to him once more. "I can feel it calling out again.....in a tongue I do not understand....I shall try to find it source.." the voice hissed once more, deamund ducking behind a wall of barrels that served as the ending and backwall of the main part of the tavern.

His icey blue eyes scanned over the adventurers passing by to the front desk of the inn, letting his shadowy partner 'sniff' them out. "Orion, show me where it's coming from. We need to find the answers we came here for." A Stern and serious tone escaped his lips.

Octo Girl Octo Girl Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Magadude Magadude Zamasu Zamasu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back