• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ▌ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴇʀs ► ᴀɴ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴɪᴄ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Quincunx

inactive
◀ premise ▶

In a water-covered world, humanity's archipelago is called Ros. Despite advanced technology, few have explored the surrounding seas, and fewer have returned. This is because the oceans are infested with Cetea - serpents, krakens, leviathans, and more creatures that tear boats and people apart. To defend the islands, sailors, and rarely explorers, there is an ancient school of Cetea-killers called Wave Breakers. The Wave Breakers use their quick minds and powerful weapons to go head-to-head with Cetea from boats and the shore. The other islanders venerate them as heroes.

One night, Ros's soon-to-graduate class of Wave Breaker trainees wake up on a cruise ship, far at sea. They have no memory of how they got there, and they can only speculate as to the ship's origins. Their phones are gone but their weapons and equipment are with them. While nobody but the Wave Breakers are aboard, a video on monitors around the ship explains: the ship is on course to an island called Kalina, an AI is navigating, and the ship is stocked with food and supplies for the remainder of the voyage, one week. The course cannot be reversed, but the Wave Breakers can alter the ship's course short-term in case of attack by "sea monsters, however you name them, or pirates." It is also up to the Wave Breakers to fend off Cetea and malevolent seafaring entities.

Can the Wave Breakers survive the voyage? What happens when they reach their destination?

◀ setting details ▶

Tech Level
Powerful computers. Cars. Smartphones. Holograms. Internet (localized to Ros). Small simple robots. Nanotechnology. Solar power.

Rebreathers. Firearms. Electric, incendiary, and cryo ammo. Laser/energy weapons. Nanotech armor. Hardlight.

This is not an exhaustive list, and you might notice that it's fairly nebulous. Part of the fun of a futuristic RP is making up fun new technology, so I encourage you to get creative with your characters' weapons and equipment.

Naming Conventions
Realistic and fantastical names are both common in Ros. Last names commonly incorporate the names of fish, sea creatures, coral, etc in the first or last name.

Character Appearance
The graduating Wave Breakers are 18-22 years old. They wear modern-looking, if anime-inspired, clothing. It's not out of the question for their outfits to incorporate swimwear (since they fight sea creatures) and futuristic devices or materials (due to Ros's higher tech level). That said, a full armored battlesuit would be out of place.

Illustrated face claims are required, and it's okay for characters to have unnatural hair and eye colors.

◀ rules ▶

Who am I looking for?
Partners of any gender, aged 18 or older. (I'm 22; I don't feel comfortable playing with minors.)

Who do I play?
I will play male and female characters, and would like you to do the same. For this plot, I am expecting us to play 3-4 characters apiece. I also like romance, and will play M/M, M/F, and F/F pairings.

Where?
I am open to RPing in threads or Discord.

When?
Depends on how long and in-depth our posts are. The more detailed the posts, the longer it takes for me to write them. I usually post in evenings, when I'm off work.

How's my writing?
I'll try to mirror your length, whether we're swapping one-liners or exchanging multiple paragraphs. I don't like to go above 3-4 paragraphs a post, because it simply takes too long to write. Regardless, I will always try to give your characters something to react to, and I expect you to do the same.

How long will this plot last?
1-3 months. When a plot lasts longer than that, I usually get bored and want to jump to a new idea. (If we click and have some common interests, I hope we can run more plots!)

◀ notes ▶

Build With Me!
The premise isn't at all complete; I purposefully left it this way so we can jointly create the plot. Feel free to pop into my inbox with a suggestion for who kidnapped the Wave Breakers, what Kalina is like, etc. It's also missing themes (courage? camaraderie? isolation?), so I'd love to discuss that as well.

BBCode
If you like to code, I'd really enjoy us making fancy bbcodes for our character sheets and IC posts. I definitely enjoy the polish. (As a disclaimer, I only know how to use divs and accordions, not BBCode+.) If you don't like to code, don't worry! I'd never turn someone down just because they didn't use codes.

Closing
Thanks for reading all of this! If you're interested, PM me. Please do not comment on this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back