• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Year One

Maroon was right when he said not to ask every Faunus what makes them different, or at least Sapphire agreed with him. "It's not like it's hard to tell, anyway.." She muttered, "All it takes is some common sense to know just how different we are. For example.." Sapphire trailed off, and lifted her head into the air, breathing in deeply. A faint smell of smoke filled her lungs, then the scent of multiple Faunus, always easy to detect. She couldn't help but let the edge of her lips pull up into a small and barely noticeable grin. "Two blocks away from that tree we just passed," She began, pointing to an old oak tree that stood out from any other, "A shop just got lit on fire.." Sapphire took another strong whiff for dramatic effect, "By.. a few of our fellow Faunus. What a shame, those White Fang."

"Anyway.. some of the canine Faunus can easily smell and track things from incredibly far away.. if you couldn't tell." With that, Sapphire continued on her silent streak, doing her best to hide her grin. It seemed the White Fang were slowly turning up the violence, yet she couldn't help think, 'Knowing those fools, one accidentally started a fire..' Her grin faded into a scowl, and she took a seat near the Gorilla Faunus and the ax wielding human. @noremac @NecroKnight

Maroon's nose was not quite that strong. He peered out the window and sure enough could see a tendril of smoke rising. Returning to the conversation, "They seem to be getting more, uh, active. From posters to news headlines."

noremac said:
Maroon's nose was not quite that strong. He peered out the window and sure enough could see a tendril of smoke rising. Returning to the conversation, "They seem to be getting more, uh, active. From posters to news headlines."
"Yep.. They're pretty extreme, but hey, they're fighting for the same thing the majority of us are fighting for. Equal rights. Of course a major dictatorship would kind of suck for everyone." Sapphire began out loud and then switched into her thoughts, 'Everyone that's not apart of the White Fang.' She shrugged, her ears sitting causally on her head. "They probably had it better off with those posters.."

"Personally I don't get any of this stuff," Mocha munched on her apple, "but maybe that's because I'm a dummy?" she shrugged.

Mocha didn't have much she wanted to prove or point out, but she did believe in ignorance. Perhaps that is the one way to be truly happy? Regardless. Mocha couldn't care, she didn't have to after all.

She chomped down the apple and licked her lips. "So where you guys from?" she asked.

Nooguy said:
Looking over to Alex, Alani would grab another bun from her rucksack before giving a quick whistle. "Hey, big bad axe dude, catch!" She'd call out to the short haired youth before tossing him a bun as well. It seemed the rather uncomfortable silence which hung in the air not too long ago had been lifted much to everyone's apparent relief. However, she would wince at the rather loud and boisterous yells coming the girl who called herself Mocha, Alani's ears folding back at her shouts.
Spotting another soul who seemed to be distancing themselves from the group still, Alani grabbed a sweet roll before getting up and walking over to them. Coming to lean against the viewport Helios was looking out she'd clear her throat. "Hey, big tall and broody, You gonna keep up the angsty silent act? Here, made this just this morning, why not come out and add your own flavor to the madness?" The faunus would ask with a slight grin on her face as she handed the wrapped sweet roll to him. "The name's Alani, others call me psycho, bitch, or psycho bitch so take your pick?" She'd state before tossing the roll up in the air for him to catch.
"Thank you for the food" he said reaching out and catching the food. Getting up he made his way over to the group and sat down. "My name is Slate it's nice to meet you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex easily caught the bun, thrown by Alani. "Thanks, red-girl," he replied to Alani, this kind of food was familiar, as it was something, that had been cooked to him before.

"I am from the forests - beyond the cities. And I am Alexander, or Alex."

Sapphire watched the group slowly and surely form. She found it funny how a simple thing like bread brought them all together. People sure were different than she'd expected. "I come from... Vacuo." She had to take a second to truly remember where she was from, as over the past year The White Fang has moved more than she could count.

"I'm from a small town at the edge of Vale, near Vacuo." Maroon put in. "Almost in Grimm territory." Maroon had grown up fighting Grimm. He began to wonder what sort of lives the others had lived. There were less grimm near the cities and more populated areas. There were still there though.

Taking another bun from her rucksack Alani started to munch away as she listened to the others of their little group give forth their answers. Still chewing her food the redhead raised a hand to cover her mouth out of manners. "Originally was born in Atlas but have lived here in Vale for the past few years." She'd remark before swallowing her mouthful of bread. "So...Saphire was it? What's with the whole 'silent ninja' getup? You some sorta spy for the White Fang or something?" Alani asked as she looked over to the other faunus while nibbling on her second bun.

It was unnoticeable, but when Alani mentioned spying for the White Fang, Sapphire tensed. Even if what she was saying was a simple lighthearted joke, Sapphire would take it all too seriously. 'Don't panic. Don't panic. You've been trained for this' She thought quite a few times, her head turning to face her fellow Faunus. A small, almost forced grin crossed her face, "A girl can't be an introverted Faunus without being called out as a member of a cult, huh?" A light chuckle escaped her lips, "All jokes aside, I just don't like people." She said her final statement with a straight face, and her words may have come out a 'little bit' too harsh. Even so, Sapphire didn't seem to notice just how straightforward she was. The girl bit her lip and looked down at her callused hands, hoping the subject would quickly change.

'

Upon hearing the rather sharp quip from Sapphire, Alani's eyebrows would raise as she crossed her arms and leaned back against a portion of the airhsip's cabin. "Sheesh way to quickly take things and make them a personal matter when they weren't, a simple no would have sufficed." Alani retorted as she leaned against a nearby wall, crossing her arms as she simply stared at Sapphire for a bit, her eye narrowing as she seemed to be mulling thoughts about within her head. "Well I can perfectly understand that, but I'm gonna get in your head eventually...just wait." The redhead would remark, her tone light as she handed Sapphire another wrapped bread roll. "And here, I saw how your eyes lit up when you ate it, enjoy it, it's my last one." Alani remarked with a chuckle as she handed the baked good to Sapphire."

Maroon quickly wiped a frown off his face as the last of the bread changed hands. The conversation seemed a little tense, though the non-faunus didn't seem to mind the wolves' talk about the White Fang. Both of his fellow faunus had brought up the White Fang in conversation. Maroon was beginning to wonder if either of them could be a member. Sapphire didn't seem a likely candidate based on how she had talked about the cult. Alani seemed a little bit off, so it was hard to tell if she was being nosy or just had a forward personality. She had called herself a crazy bitch after all. Maroon decided to try and change the subject.

"I wonder when we will get there?"

noremac said:
Maroon quickly wiped a frown off his face as the last of the bread changed hands. The conversation seemed a little tense, though the non-faunus didn't seem to mind the wolves' talk about the White Fang. Both of his fellow faunus had brought up the White Fang in conversation. Maroon was beginning to wonder if either of them could be a member. Sapphire didn't seem a likely candidate based on how she had talked about the cult. Alani seemed a little bit off, so it was hard to tell if she was being nosy or just had a forward personality. She had called herself a crazy bitch after all. Maroon decided to try and change the subject.
"I wonder when we will get there?"
Mocha looked out of the window. "I hope soon. We've been flying for much too long. I want to check out the school!"

She swung her feet.

Sapphire shifted uneasily as Alani stared at her, and she did her best to seem as nonchalant as possible. She took the bread calmly, and unwrapped it, giving it another small whiff before chowing down on the delightful tasting bun. When Maroon changed the subject she eased a bit, relieved that he did so. Her ears perked up when he asked how long it would be to get there, "Soon.. I'm sure of it. In fact it shouldn't be long now." She stood, shifting her weapon into it's neutral form and connecting it to her side before making her way to the window. The scenery was slowly changing, becoming less of a dense forest area and starting to become small towns and cities. They were at the very edge of Vale.

Brushing the subject to the side Alani walk away to glanced out one of the view ports, watching the landscape move beneath them. "I've heard beacon is even more grand than any vid or picture. Stars I truly can't believe I'm really on this airship finally on the path to become a huntress." Alani remarked as she gave a soft sigh. After a few minutes of slightly less uncomfortable silence Alani approached Sapphire, tapping her on the shoulder. "Hey, Saphire was it? I probably came off a bit rough, care to start over?" She'd extend a hand with a faint smile on her lips. "Best get the crap outta the way before it starts stinking, yeah?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back