RWBY - Hunters of Atlas [Inactive]

Zewl woke up when Cromwell announced what was to be done. "You ready for this?" He asked Rasia as he stood up. He activated his semblance and grinned as everything slowed down. 'Alright, I need to grab my stuff, the bindings ought to be loose enough to pull them. Then I rappel out the ship. Should be easy enough.' He deactivated it and leapt into action, quickly retrieving his items and grabbing a rope. He let out a whoop and rapelled down screaming "Ohmygooooo*please insert continuation and a few pauses for breathing* oood!" At the top of his voice. As he was about to reach the end he noticed something about the rope. It was short.

15 feet

His eyes widened and he quickly let go of the rope and undid the rope keeping his bag closed.

14 feet

Out came his weapons and an even smaller bag.

13 feet

He quickly grabbed them and put them in their respective places in his coat

12 feet

He grabbed hold of the cloth that was once his bag and started to parachute down

11 feet

He noticed he was still going too fast.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 feet

He braced for impact and squeezed his eyes shut. He then felt multiple things brush against him . He opened his eyes and saw that his makeshift parachute was hanging on a tree branch. He let out a sigh of relief and let go of the parachute, plopping onto the ground with 'thud'. He looked at the tree and said. "All things considered...it could've gotten a lot worse." He started to walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
With an objective in mind, Tio made one last check with Yolmak, pulling it to a half-draw before moving on, though while she did so, the light caught unnaturally on the greatbow. Looking off to her right, the faunus girl saw someone, probably one of the other intiates, waving at her, they must have reflected some light to her to catch her attention.

Habitually, Tio rolled the dial on her goggles, modifying the zoom to such a point that she could make the student out more clearly, and while they hadn't been on the same airship just now, they had been just the day prior, and this young man had been a pretty smooth talker if she remembered right.

When the other student disappeared behind the ridge between them, Tio figured that she should probably meet them halfway, and if she'd understood the rules of the test properly, the two of them would be working together for the remainder of it. While she also moved to meet on the hill between them, Tio already found herself getting flustered just imagining a conversation with her future teammate.

Don't worry Tio, it's just a test, you've taken tests before, no big deal...

HUGE DEAL Tio! How much did you say to that boy yesterday, Colin?

I uh, I told him my name and I said something about my weapon, that's good right?

Heck no! You're going to need to talk to this one a
lot more, and you can't afford to take frazzle break like you did last night!

By the time she'd handled her little debate, Tio was halfway up the middle slope, and finding herself increasingly glad that it was cold enough to redden her cheeks so that the blush there at least looked natural. Subconsciously Tio found her free hand already wandering up to her horn again, yep, this was definitely the hardest part of the test.

Elise had spent the entire ride to the testing area trying to ready her mind for battle. Clear your mind. Focus. Overthinking leads to failure. However, once the ship doors opened and that first gust of cold air hit her in the face, all the preparation she had done might as well have never been done. Her eyes went wide as she caught sight of the ropes, with the kind of twinkle a child got when he sees a toy he likes.

The airship was beginning to empty as students descended to the forest below. And Elise was one of the first few off. Running toward one of the doors, Elise grabbed a free rope, jumping off the ship and sliding down the rope at a quicker, and more reckless, speed than the students around her. "Woohooooo!!!" As she approached the ground, she let go of the rope, swinging herself to land in a soft pile of snow with a solid thud.

Her hands stinging from mild rope burn, she rubbed her hands on her clothes, a bit damp from the snow. She didn't risk it touching the snow directly or it might make it worse. As others began to land, Elise ran off randomly into the surrounding forest. At ground level, it'd be impossible to see any glimpse of the tower they were supposed to find. And due to the the mountain's sloping ground, just climbing a tree wouldn't help much either. So her best hope now was to find any hints while in the forest, and hopefully find a decent partner along the way.

Elise walked through shrubs and past trees, eyes and ears alert to any signs of life. "Hello? Anyone here?"

Hazel wasn't entirely sure of what was going on, but she knew she needed to jump. She watched some students before her jump out before hurling herself out of the moving airship. She slid down the rope with ease, her hands sliding along the rope. She jumped off the rope into the awaiting snow. She looked around. Her clothes were good for concealing her in the snow, however, her weapon was not, dawning itself with bright paint. She looked around her surroundings. All she heard was silence and the wind blowing the branches around a bit and the silent sound of snowfall. She drew her staff and used it as a walking stick and started walking around. Her senses on high alert, she began to walk.

The silence was starting to get to her, having seen nothing for 10 minutes strait. "Hello?" Hazel called out, looking around. She was insanely tired of searching. She climbed up the nearest tree, feeling the snow fall on her cape as she did so. When she reached the top she leaned out of the trunk of the tree, placing a hand over her eyes to look over the vast scape of white.

Rasia was taken from view out the window as the speaker began a message from Cromwell. The students were to make landfall on their own from the moving airship. As the hatchets flew open and ropes propelled downward, she quickly lost her breath, regaining a moment later while gathering her gear.

Zewl awoke, gathered his stuff, spoke a comment and bailed out, all in the time it took Rasia to contemplate how she would get down. She had never been in an airship before, let alone jumping out of a moving one using rope. With it swinging around and multiple people, it just didn't seem safe, a freefall was logically a much better option for sure.

As Rasia peered out the hole only to see the ground rush on by, she took in a deep breath and stepped back about a meter. A quick run forward, followed by a spinning dive through the opening, she prepared.

Rasia was spinning in the air 40 meters high scouting for a target location. The ground moving closer and closer, quicker and quicker to her every second. At around 30 meters in the air with a great rush of wind sends her off course, quickly she pin-points her new target location based on her current sideways momentum. The treeline bellow is approximately 10 meters from the ground, a single tree poking out about 15 meters high, her drop point finally confirmed. At around 18 meters and the appropriate moment in her revolution she launches the pommel to wrap around the tree. The target is hooked expertly, easily proven with the near sudden whip of orbital motion created from the action.

As Rasia reaches about halfway, and her momentum lowered to less than a quarter, the tree fragments and splinters. The razor wire returning to
Libitna and the pommel in its perfect little spot. A quick motion raising the blade of the scythe up to catch a thick branch to slow her momentum more, she swings up and lands on another branch a few meters away.

"All right, now I just need to find the tower." she muttered somewhat forget about finding her partner.

Reaching the peak of the ridge between herself and her future partner, Tio stared awkwardly at him whilst he crested the rise, making his way up to her.

The few seconds it took for the boy in front of her to walk over that small ridge of stone, ice, and snow seemed to stretch on for an eternity while Tio borderline hyperventilated in a tizzy.

What's he going to say, is he going to be nice, or will he be rude?

More importantly, what are
you going to say you giant ball of nerves.

Oh no, I didn't think about that!

What are you talking about, it's all you've
been thinking about.

Have I? I mean, have I really been thinking about that? I thought I was thinking about..

Thinking about
what? Jeeze, do I need to do everything around here!?

I don't know, you really don't do much except for call me an idiot every time I try to do something...

Really!? You're going to get into that now?! Now of all times? We've got to get into this now?

No, I guess not, but still, you're not really helping!

Oh
shut up, someone's got to keep your feet on the ground or you're going to be proud of yourself for going to the washroom in the morning.

I'm not that- okay fine so you have a point but that's a low blow and you know it.

I know~

Throughout the entire debate, there was no doubt that Tio had more or less stood like a totem pole, silent as the grave as her eyes flicked back and forth, though she stuttered out a greeting as she finished, without realizing if her partner had spoken or not, or if he was even still there for that matter.

"My n-name is T-t-t-" she started, left hand drifting to her horn again self-consciously as she just now began to fully recognize the situation.

"Tio..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back