RWBY - Hunters of Atlas [Inactive]

Rasia had rushed off, she didn't want to implicate her family to her failure. So she moved into the crowd, ignoring the words of those around her, not even hearing the boy speaking before she left. Surely he hadn't noticed the attempted attack, then again.... She moved deep into the crowd into an area where people only know of the event, not who had caused it.

Rasia sighed in relief.

Rasia turned around to watch the Headmaster, knowing there would be a speech soon. She noticed the boy who stopped her from walking off, she did want to thank him, but... The Headmaster began to speak.
“I don't have a problem not being recognized because of my family... I just can't be the reason why people might think less of them.”

As the gate's wail ceased, the students began moving forward. Apparently the bridge's gap had been covered somehow. Rasia moved with the crowd, she felt constricted, and couldn't stand how slow most people were. However, she knew that if she moved someone may come to notice her. Before that happened, she had to redeem herself from what some thought was a suicide attempt, but worse what many knew was her lack in observation skills. Of course she didn't lack in them, she... was simply entranced. Neither an excuse really.

As Rasia was about to pass the Headmaster, he spoke to her, of course warning her to pay attention next time.

Rasia knew the boy was still keeping an eye on her, though she didn't entirely know why it was still unnerving being watched when not training.
“Maybe I'm just over thinking things... Of course I'd be suspicious of him, or at least conscientious of him.” Rasia blinked once, twice, “We're going to the same place, of course he'd follow. But, is...” she trailed off into what was truly bugging her.

Really I was just enthralled by something I've never seen before, sure I failed myself most of all here, but I know I'm good. I will prove myself later." Rasia tried, and somewhat succeeding to get back to her usual spirits. “Yes, it isn't like we've gotten into the tests and the exam yet. I know I'll pass, difficult or not!!” Her confidence returning, and a smile grew on her face.

Excited as she was Rasia kind of popped up from a slight slouch to full eagerness, halting her forward movement.
“Yeah, and to start off!!” she spoke to herself loud enough for those around her to hear. Then she darted off down one of the side streets, remembering the layout of the roads from her memory of what the city looked like from the Airship. Not with a slight jog, but a full on run towards the Academy, no longer hindered by the crowds.

Zewl watched her seperate from the crowd. He frowned, they were supposed to follow the signs to the Academy, not go gallavanting somewhere and exploring. Zewl was deciding on whether to follow her or stick to the crowds. He looked down and clutched his pendant and ignoring everyone else, stepped out of the crowds and followed her to make sure she won't get to any trouble. Again. He silently stalked behind her, like a lion following it's prey. "Honestly..." he whispered. "...I hope you don't get into trouble."

Elise stared up at the faunus girl, awaiting an answer, only to be interrupted by the headmaster's speech. Then came the opening of the gates, producing a sound perhaps able to scare off a Nevermore. She had to cover her ears to prevent them from exploding. And by the time it died down, the faunus girl was gone, leaving Elise stunned.

Did she smell? Was what she said offensive? Was she ugly?! Whatever it was, Elise didn't have time to think about it. Everyone was now pushing forward, advancing to the reason they were all here for. Pharos Academy. It was pretty straight forward. Follow the signs and stick to the crowd. Not much fun getting pushed along with the crowd though. Still, she did like everyone else, mostly because the mass of peers was forming a near impenetrable wall preventing from doing otherwise.

Well, not like she wanted to separate from the group yet. Elise was more focused on finding that faunus girl. One of these days, she was going to ride that box.

Cromwell watched the future mill past him into the city. Most stayed together in the monstrous gaggle,while others went off on their own routes. The city was safe,if cold,so he didn't have them get back to the main crowd. Besides,if anyone wanted to start anything with any of them,they were all armed,and at least moderately trained. At least none of the missing people were Hunters. The Headmaster was shaken from his musings by one of his staff addressing him,Sterling Knight.

The man was Cromwell's head of combat instruction,as well as the first year teacher,by his own insistence. He also took part in the Headmaster's Tournament seven years ago,and made it to the semifinals,where he lost to Cromwell. The fight might've been short,but it was more intense than any of the others. They left so many craters and tore so many chunks from the stands,the tournament was put on hold for a week while the damage was repaired. It was also an extremely close fight. With Knight in total control of the avenues of approach,Cromwell did a straightforward lunge,straight through Spark Lightning's electical field. Cromwell was soundly electrocuted for it,but Sterling would've had a sword impaling his head if his Aura was down,giving Cromwell the win.

Despite the loss,Cromwell quickly took on Knight as the Dean of Combat Training. If Knight had any other opponent in the semifinals,he would've made it to the final round. As per the usual,Knight made his presence known in the most suffocatingly formal way possible,then he dropped the butler act and started talking to him like an equal and friend. However,what he had to say made Cromwell groan and sigh,at the same time. "Worse news,first. That way the bad news'll seem like good news. What do you have for me,Sterling?" He held his hand out for the Scroll that would have the details that couldn't be relayed in a simple conversation. "And please tell me it isn't about the missing people."

Losing his jovial tone, Sterling sighed, looking weighed down with the enormity of the information, tossing Cromwell the scroll with the finer details of his findings in it.

"
Well, the worse news is it's exactly as we feared." Sterling explained, referencing the missing persons case he had explicitly asked to be in charge of. Nobody would do any harm to Pharos or Titan on his watch, and go unpunished. "Seele is involved." He practically hissed, almost spitting to clear the taste of that horrid name from his mouth.

Taking a step back, his shoulders sagging as he propped his hands up on his hips, Sterling turned to the sky.

"
The bad news is that the lead came up dry, other than the information that they're stirring in the shadows. It seems strange Grimm are being spotted as well, variations, sub-species. Cropping up all over Titan. We can only assume the worst and keep on our toes, wary of that name." Sterling wrapped up, bringing his gaze down from the sky to Cromwell's visage once more. "... Sorry to stomp all over such an important day like today with awful news." He added for good measure.

Alto's attention was on the headmaster himself, who actually stood at the edge of the chasm, where a bridge would soon be. The girl that had caused such a commotion by the edge of the chasm recovered quickly, although she was quite red from the embarrassment. When Cromwell raised his hand, the crowd milling about fell silent, listening as the headmaster gave a welcoming speech. Alto felt his heart clench in his chest and he wasn't sure if he was excited, or nervous. There was no issue with him treating others equally, although the number of Faunus in the school did surprise him.

With that, Cromwell gave the signal and a bridge started to form over the chasm- branching out from the city to touch their own half. When it was connected, Cromwell gave a final "Your future awaits" before allowing him and the rest of his peers across the bridge. In amongst the crowd was another older man, shocking blonde hair, that approached the headmaster afterwards. Alto brushed it off as simple teacher talk, and kept pace with the crowd, as to not slow down anybody who had ended up behind him.

Briefly, since he hadn't gotten to do it on the airship, Alto looked at his fellow companions, the people who may end up being students with him. Some of their weapons were out, while some lay tucked away in luggage containers. The boy briefly regretted carrying Rotta-Cidre so openly, as he did have a case for the weapon- it looked something like an instrument case. Realizing it was too late for such regrets now, he readjusted his luggage and started heading towards the Academy.

The air was much thinner here given Hiyas was located, but his hometown was also on mountainous terrain, albeit lower. It would take Alto a while to adjust, but the city itself was quite a sight and he was thankful that the many buildings blocked him from the cold and dry wind. Ignoring the others need to explore, he instead headed directly to Pharos, following the posted sign to get to the Academy proper.

Rasia was nearly full sprint before she began to speak loud enough for the boy to hear her. “I hope you can keep up, I'm not stopping until I get to the Academy” she paused a moment to steady her breathing again, “I want to be the first one there, thought it would be quicker moving around the crowds, no more sight seeing after what happened last time.” She turned one corner and then the next, knowing exactly where she was going.

Not a wrong turn was made the entire run.

As Rasia came within sight of the Academy doors, she saw both the crowd down the street behind her, and the Academy proper ahead of her.
“Pharos Academy, although it almost seems to be more Arena than Academy” she thought while slowing down only slightly.

While running to the school Rasia focused on her surrounding. This place was important, from the keep, to the colosseum, to the rest of the courtyard, and the mountain behind it all. The Keep was where Pharos academy was, the ceep having been repurposed into the school itself. The walls made of the same dark grey materials as the rest of the city was made of; Though now it seemed to be some sort of stone and steel mix. It was clear that most of the structure was hidden inside the mountain itself, with the walls abruptly being cut off every direction they met the cavernous walls.

The colosseum on the other hand was nearly the entire courtyard, with what seemed to be an entrance to the North near Pharos, and three entrance to the South, from which the students were coming from. The Southern entrance in the centre led downward to what seemed to be the path to the arena's combatant section, while also being flanked by stairs that led up in both the Eastern and Western directions respectively, for the spectators. The walls of the arena of course rivalling that which initially caused Rasia's awestruck stupor before.

A fight could be heard coming from the colosseum, peaking Rasia's curiosity. Changing her course a tiny bit, she enters the spectators area via the West wing stairs. Upon reaching the seating area, it is quite clear that the arena is meant to simulate all forms of combat possible. The combat area being filled with both structures, and flora alike. A small village, just as newly built as it was torn and burnt, a river running along a side, with bridges on either end of the village, their state similar to the structures near them. Trenches running every which way, trees running amok, bushes sprouting out, hills scattered like waves, open fields squished in between other aspects, and everything else that could be present in a battle was present. Only the animals were... “There's a few birds.”

As Rasia began to return to her normal state, the elements and exhaustion of her long dash from the front gate all caught up to her. Only standing thanks to her propping herself up against the large ballistic proof window. “Heh, even a foot and a half thick, and lined with reinforcing metal.” she smiled, obviously wanting to laugh.

Even though Rasia was from a snow covered cold year round city, she still wasn't used to the thin oxygen, not that the oddly dry wind helped any. Had she not used her semblance, she could not have made the run. She doubted anyone could without getting used to the area first.

A few other students finally catch up, also wondering what was with the very audible fight that now lay before them.

Rasia stood in awe watching the fight, though this time aware of her surroundings, watching a fight between two combatants. The first combatant sporting a long white coat with a light blue trim and cuffs, and the fastening made of brass unfastened. The man standing at ready with his serrated falchion in his left hand, in his right, a pistol crossing his chest, though the angle is too bad to make out its design.

Meanwhile the mans opponent...

Zewl accepted her challenge and rapidly climbed up a building with his weapons and started using his honed hunter's agility to free run through the tops, making sure that he didn't lose sight of her. 'Not that it would matter.' He thought to himself, as he leapt to another building. 'I've got a idea on where it is anyways.' He flipped onto a lamp post, grabbed and and swung away before landing in front of the academy, he waited for her near a window. "Never got your name." He said as she entered and as he leaned back. "And that was a nice run, reminds me of when I'm out hunting." He chuckled.

As blood finally made its way back from her cheeks to her brain, Tio realized that she was almost the whole way across town, now drawing close to Pharos proper quite quickly, though as fast as she'd moved, a handful of students beat her there, no doubt they were the more energetic and accustomed to the thinner air.

What Tio wasn't sure about, was what they were supposed to do once reaching the school, seeing as the gates were closed, but a few stairwells leading up into what she could assume was the arena where many of the school's significant events took place, such as the Headmaster's tourney. The stairwells leading up into the arena were actually quite high-ceilinged, which lead Tio to believe that perhaps there had in fact been other students, or perhaps teachers, of similar stature to herself, the ceiling must have had about twelve feet of clearance, because it didn't look like the faunus girl would need to even duck her head to get inside.

Nowhere else to go, Tio went up the stairs behind a handful of other students, hauling Yolmak's case quite loudly up the stairs, wheels clattering with every step they went over, which must have made her sound like a refrigerator falling down the very same stairs in reverse. In hindsight, maybe coming upstairs was poorly thought out, though it was too late to change her mind now.

In the arena,the two opponents squared off. The man with the falchion was on the defensive,firing off potshots with his pistol. The rounds sounded fairly small,and were bounced off by his opponent's aura. His opponent was a young woman,about his age. On her back was a backpack with a pair of cables coming out of it,attached to the ends of a pair of kamas. Her blonde hair flashed in the clear light of the day as she moved,hurling her chained weapons at her opponent,one after the other,reeling them back after every parried throw.

Her attire consisted of a sleeveless tan vest with dark brown trim,detached sleeves of the same colours fastened to just under her shoulders,a pair of blue jeans with steel kneepieces strapped over top,and a pair of what looked to be hiking boots. Right now,her face was a rictus of concentration,looking for an opening in her opponent's defenses.

After about two dozen shots,the man's gun clicked,and the action locked full-back. Apparently,his mag ran dry. With a quick twitch of the thumb,the spent magazine fell out,and he lowered the pistol to a garter of pistol magazines on his thigh,all without taking his eyes off his opponent. When the magazine slid hope,it automatically cause the gun's action to spring forward,chambering a new round. With that,he slid the weapon into a holster that was,curiously,over his belt buckle,pointed to his left side.

The entire time,the woman with the kamas didn't let up. She kept hurling her weapons,making full use of her reach advantage. However,her opponent was just too quick,batting aside her throws with the flat of his falchion's blade,even throwing in the odd spin of the blade with a casual chuckle and wink at her.

Currently,they were battling on one of the bridges in the artificial river,stepping over the holes in the bridge without even looking down,and were locked in a static stalemate...Right up until the man reloaded and holstered his pistol. He began to advance on his opponent,and quickly,too. She began to backpedal,but he was upon her in moments. With a smirk,the woman threw a lighting fast kick to her opponent's abdomen. Though it was blocked by his Aura,it still stopped him dead,affording her the time to start spinning her kamas,becoming a whirling dervish of scything blades,forcing him to retreat.

The woman advanced slowly,spinning her kamas,turning mid-stride,and moving her arms,providing full coverage from her opponent's assaults. He oribted her,knowing that if she picked up the pace,she'd run the risk of hitting herself. Suddenly,he swung his sword,but,curiously,she wasn't anywhere near swordlength. After the swing,he used the momentum to throw himself backwards onto his right hand,and rolled back onto his feet in an acrobatic handspring.

Mere moments later,an arc before him,and,much to her chagrin,right BENEATH his opponent,exploded,but not in a fireball. The sound was thunderous,and debris flew everywhere,including his opponent. As she tumbled through the air,the young man quickly twisted on and yanked out his falchion's pommel,along with a tube of some kind attached,slid it into his coat,and withdrew another pommel and tube,and inserted it into his sword's hilt,all while advancing.

However,his opponent recovered quickly. She hurled a kama at a lamppost as she passed,allowing her to use it to swing back into the direction she came from. As she swung around the pole,she let go of the other kama,and allowed it to run the full length of cable,creating a terrifying twenty foot circle of bladed death. However,her opponent was already well within twenty feet,rendering him safe from the blade. With a bark of a laugh,the young woman slammed a button on her pack,and,moments later,showering everything within that twenty foot circle with fiery explosions.

She leapt off the lamppost and retracted the cables,looking cocky and smug. However,as the smoke cleared,her expression became one of disappointment and shock,as her opponent was kneeling,blade planted,and glowing blue,smiling like he just pulled the best prank ever. Before she could recover,he released a massive wave of force,catapulting her through the air,and into the lamppost,where she stopped,slumped to the ground. Her opponent dashed to her as she tried to get up,but he had his blade to her throat before she could do much more than straighten her back. A buzzer sounded off,signalling the end of the match.

The young man smirked,and sheathed his sword as he stepped back,offering his other hand to help her up,which she accepted with a sigh.

~~~

Cromwell was visibly agitated by this news. Seele? A bunch of back-alley butchers,in his book. However,they seem to be almost untouchable,so they must be doing SOMETHING right. When Knight told him about the strange Grimm appearing,Cromwell simply sighed,and said, "Seele might be behind THAT too,knowing our luck." As his majordomo continued,apologizing for raining on his parade,Cromwell waved his hand dismissively. "It's not my day. Never was,never will. It's theirs. The greenhorns. Keep this quiet,as much as possible. The last thing we need is widespread panic and paranoia." Cromwell motioned for Sterling to walk with him. "Come on. We have some things to work out before sunrise. Hope you've got your coffee machine hooked up." Cromwell began walking up the street,towards Pharos.

~~~

As the fighters left the arena,a five note chime sounded off on the academy's and city's PA system,followed by a woman's voice. "All first year students of the Pharos Hunter's Academy,please report to the audience hall in Pharos proper immediately." With the announcement,all of the arena's windows became screens,projecting the image of a woman in her thirties with brown hair addressing the students. With the message over,the windows became transparent once more.

Rhea moved along with the crowd getting detracted by the city which surrounded the school she almost looked like a kid in a candy shop. She paused at the front of pheros feeling a bit intimidated by it but also excited. She heard sounds of a fight going on inside and wondered if there was some sort of demo going on. Excited to see other more experience hunters in action she raced as fast as the crowd would allow into the courtyard grabbing up her suitcase so it didn't trip anyone along the way. The sight of a man and woman fighting greeted her as they exchanged blows and met each other shot for shot. Rhea watched the battled entranced as to what their next moves would be. She took not of the weapons being used, noting advantages and disadvantages compared to others of similar make as well as how they were being used.

Rhea stepped back slightly when the field erupted into explosions taken aback at the skill of, what she guessed, were upperclassmen. Feelings of doubts started to gnaw at the back of her mind as she watched the final moments of the fight. The buzzer sounded sending the match and Rhea let out a breath she didn't realized she had been holding. "How will I ever match something like that...?" she questioned her self. Sure they were there to learn and grow enough to hopefully be that skillied. "Don't get ahead of your self... still have to get past the first exam..." Rhea reminded her self as the announcement for new students to gather was made. Surprised at how the windows chanted in to screens. She wondered what other surprises were in store. Rhea moved with the rest of the students less excited and energetic than when she had first arrived, nerves and doubt dimming her hyper mood.

"Hey, kid, wake up, or we're taking back off with you still here!" the gruff copilot said, shaking Gareth's shoulder.

"Huh? Wha--?" Gareth looked around and saw all his fellow initiates had left the airship without even trying to wake him. Two seconds flat and Gareth was halfway across the bridge, desperately trying to catch up to the throng of people that was slowly retreating into the distance of the city. Barely slowing to look at the massive walls and crowded buildings he never saw anything like in his small town, Gareth pressed on, finally catching up to his fellow initiates around a field where Gareth's relative height caught him glimpses of a fight. I think I'll like it here... Gareth passed up the arena and moved closer to the university proper, wondering when he'd get a chance to eat, or meet some new people. He'd heard rumors of prejudice against Faunus, but in his tiny little township of almost entirely Faunus population, he'd never seen it in person, and didn't really believe it could be real, people are people, right?... right?

As Alto got closer to the Academy proper he saw most students had trailed away to the coliseum, where two hunters seemed engaged in a battle. Instead of observing the battle right away, he took in the faces of his classmates. Some were openly gaping at the abilities showcased while others examined the fight, as if taking notes themselves. It gave Alto a good idea of who the real contenders in the crowd were- those who might actually pass the initiation exam.

Turning back to the fight, he silently rooted for the male contender, simply because of his weapon's capabilities. The explosive round, as well as the automatic function of his two weapons gave him a reminder of his own weapon on his back. It looked as if he was going to be on the losing end of the fight, though- until he surprised both Alto and the girl. A massive force had sent her flying into a lamppost and he had his falchion at her neck before the ending buzzer sound.

Alto clapped, not realizing that this was probably the wrong response until people directed odd looks at him. Dropping his hands to stuff them in his pockets, he looked at the ground as if he found something interesting. Fortunately for him, a P.A. system had started up and they we're ushered to continue on to Pharos proper. Once again, Alto followed the crowd into what he assumed was the audience hall, and Pharos proper.

Although Alto had certainly seen the building from the outside, the inside was still surprising huge for him, a short but room-spanning staircase leading up to it. The room itself was very tall, ornate lights hanging between the arches of the ceiling. It was carpeted, and had two rows of pillars on each side, helping to carry the burden of a balcony as well as leading into the arches. There was a few display cases around the room, as well as a diorama of what looked to be the Academy's history in picture form. At the far end of the hall, was a set of staircases that led to the over-arching balcony. As people filed in, it still seemed as if the room was rather huge for it's purpose.

Gareth, despite his general social confidence, found himself unable to make any conversation, as if the vast majority of the other people in the giant room simply faded into the background, without face or voice. He was jostled around a bit by the seething mass of people flowing in the door, and was bumped into another boy, just a bit shorter than him, with the same color hair, though this boy's was much longer and curlier than Gareth's. "Oof, sorry." Kill him. Run. "Uh... My name's Gareth, you an initiate, too?" Gareth said, extending right hand for a handshake, while his left rubbed the back of his head in what might be mistaken for a nervous antsiness, but was really an attempt to stop the headache he always got when his alter egos tried pulling him in opposite directions. "Woah, nice gun, looks like a custom SR-25, but what's the extra magazine for, besides bullets, of course?" Gareth said, smiling widely at his own joke.

After what felt like a little slice of eternity, hauling her massive metal case up the stairs, Tio found the nearest seat. and slumped into it heavily, not particularly caring what anyone thought at the moment. Catching her breath shortly after, Tio realized that on the other side of the glass, there was a duel getting started between two people she assumed were in their second or third year.

It didn't take long for the towering faunus to realize that if she were in that arena right now, she certainly wouldn't have done very well; her aura couldn't block bullets or explosions like that, all she could do was tickle someone's nose or cool some pies with a gentle breeze. While the fight was spectacular, and many more students filtered in throughout, it still wasn't very long, over in perhaps a minute or so.

While the pair of students inside prepared to leave the arena, the windows suddenly turned opaque, a woman's face appearing on them as she let the initiates know that they were to enter Pharos proper, then disappeared as quickly as she'd appeared, which returned their viewing to the now devastated arena.

As Tio stood to fetch Yolmak, she realized how many students had been inside the room, probably almost every one of the new arrivals had entered before the duel ended, and while it certainly looked a little bit cramped, Tio hadn't been disturbed, no one standing or seated, within her arm's reach, and even a little further.

Awesome, already a thug. She thought to herself, looking over her fellow students for a moment before she spotted the only one interested in talking to her so far, still among the crowd of other students, well away.

You didn't speak, did you Tio? You just creeped out what might very well be the closest thing you'll have to a friend here; congratulations.

While they slowly started to filter out of the building, Tio made to follow, though it looked like things would be similar to on the airship, and she would need to wait for the others to get out first, lest someone be flattened by Yolmak's case should it run away from her. Maneuvering herself around the bench she'd been seated on, Tio got herself ready for the stairs in the opposite direction, though she caught whispered comments from somewhere, just in time of course to make her feel terrible, the way it always seemed to work.

"-that horn? Yeah I know, freaky as hell," one voice said before another responded.

"Yeah, and what's with the glasses? Pretending to be misunderstood or something?"

The pair continued with their whispered conversation for some time making their way casually down the stairs in back of the crowd, where Tio had no choice to slowly follow, self-consciously putting a hand on her horn in the vain attempt to hide it.

You really think this is a good idea?

When Alto bumped into somebody, he stumbled backwards so suddenly that he almost fell trying to recover. Then he turned with a rather shocked expression "Excuse you?" he noted, frowning when he realized how cold that sounded. Especially since the taller boy had apologized, making Alto turn away to hide his slight blush of embarrassment.

The boy introduced himself and asked Alto a question, making him turn back and actually look this Gareth up and down. "Yes" he answered curtly, "We all are" he added then suddenly froze up, he was saying whatever came to his mind. Of course they we're all initiates- the freshmen we're the ones asked to report here, Gareth probably knew this.

The boy was probably trying to talk to him!

Alto realized in his panicking he totally missed the boys right hand stuck out and looked at it oddly, seeing that his other hand scratched at his head. He had just introduced himself so- oh! Alto's hand shot out and grasped the other boy's hand, albeit probably firmer than he meant to. "Alto" he finally introduced himself, practically interrupting Gareth's question about Rotta-Cidre.

The boy flipped grasped the gun from his back and flipped it forward, jumping when the gun misfired, apparently knocked out of its safety function and lodging a fresh bullet in the nice ceiling. Alto looked up, his face filling with color as he cursed his luck, moving the switch back to its safe position. "Wouldn't you like to find out?" he asked the boy, feeling slighted for even trying to show the weapon off.

Zewl's ears twitched slightly when he heard the announcement. "Welp, that's our que." He said before patting the girl twice on the head and walking off to the hall. Once he entered the hall he suddenly flinched a bit when he heard a gunshot. He walked up to the boy who fired and tapped him. "Quit firing, you could've hurt someone you know?" He stated simply before walking past them and went to a wall that seemed nearly unoccupied.. He then leaned back a bit and yawned.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You're, uh, you aren't good at the whole 'meet and greet' thing, are you? It's fine," Gareth made sure nobody was paying too close attention, then leaned in a bit and whispered "I talk a lot of game, but I'm just as nervous as the next guy," retreating to his own personal space, he continued "It's all about not letting it show. Now, I'm gonna find a spot, nice meeting you, Alto." Venturing off to find a spot a reasonable distance from the gun with the faulty safety, but also close enough that he could keep an eye on his only acquaintance here. He leaned back against a wall by the door, so he could look for approachable faces and relaxed, adjusting his weapon on his lower back so it didn't jab into him, and thinking fondly on his last meal, wondering when there would be a chance for another one.

As the announcement called for everyone to make their way to the audience hall, Elise again found herself being pushed along with the mob she had gotten stuck in. There was a dull pain growing in her neck from trying to watch the fight from the crowd, which consisted of trying to stretch her neck or turn it at impossible angles. Unfortunately, she was neither giraffe nor owl, so she couldn't see much. But the parts she did see left her in awe.

She had finally broke away from the rest of the flock after she had passed the doors into the audience hall. Elise made her way to the back of the room, taking in deep breaths once she had gotten there. The flock had been, oddly convenient, but quite suffocating. It seems it's especially hard to breathe when you've been elbows in the gut. Whether that was an accident or not wasn't really established. But then again, Elise knew no one here so that would rule out most cases of an ulterior motive.

Elise decided to wait in the back for now. She'd look for a spot to set herself once the initial chaos of sheep subsided.

Sterling could only grin as Cromwell reacted exactly as he'd predicted he would. Well, it was hardly a prediction as it was knowing Cromwell almost as well as the man knew himself. His students and the Academy first, above all else, the man would represent them and fight to the death, maybe even beyond for them. Chuckling to himself, Sterling followed in step with his old friend.

"
You know I don't need any coffee, as long as my batteries are charged." The instructor joked, a spark of electricity erupting from his hands and snaking it's way up arms and body, his hair flaring up for a moment. He snickered at his own joke while his hand still absent-mindedly played with the hilt of the Spark Lightning at his waist.

~~~

It had been a few days since he'd been tested, he realized while sitting on his bed in the blank cell.

He expected the next one to be bad, ever since the stunning results of the last one. Looking at his left hand, and feeling his aura well up within it, he willed it to transform, the claws of a Beowolf growing from his hand. Blinking a few times, he didn't understand exactly what they wanted. What were they even doing to him, he wondered as his hand returned to normal as he willed it to.

The heavy iron door opened slowly, as a gruff voice spoke up.

"
It's almost time for the next test. Get up." It spat at the boy, who brushed the light blonde hair from his face, revealing horrific and feral red eyes, emotionless and empty.

He complied.

Behind the rest of the students coming out of the arena, still trying to cover her horn from view to no avail, with a brilliant crimson flush in her face, Tio made her way inside, when a gunshot rang out through the room. While she was about to panic, the faunus girl spotted the source of the noise, a misfire by one of the students' weapons, a dark-haired boy who seemed almost as flustered as she did, though he wasn't having any difficulties conversing with the others.

Seeing all of the other initiates milling about, making friends, talking to one another, it made Tio pretty jealous, and while she wished she were there too, joining them, it just wasn't going to happen. Not only were there already a small group talking about how awkward, intimidating, creepy, what have you, Tio just didn't have the confidence to approach anyone, and so the school's only rhino faunus stood at the back awkwardly, just like the mandatory dances at her old school, just like she sat in back on the airship.

While she quietly stood at the back of the room, minding her own business, trying to pretend she was just a statue perhaps, anything to keep herself in the background, the student with the shield from the back of the airship started walking in her direction.

Okay Tio, you can handle this, you've talked to plenty of boys before, right? Piece of cake.

No you haven't, you've talked to your brothers, you've talked to pa, you've even talked to dede a couple of times when he comes to visit, but that's family, that doesn't count!

Why do you always have to make this harder, can't we just be optimistic for once!?

Before managing to calm her internal debate to the point that she was ready to possibly say something, the freshman was already off to the side of her, he'd just been looking to get out of the spotlight as well.

See? No problem!

Oh be quiet, you didn't even do anything!

"So what's in the box?" a voice asked, the voice of that other student.

Oh snot, quick, say something, anything!

"Uh, st-stuff," she immediately stammered out in response.

Stuff? Oh god, you're such an idiot, couldn't you just be normal?

Hey, let's not be so harsh, we said something comprehensible right?

"Sorry, what was that?" the boy asked, stepping closer.

Oh, now he's getting closer, you said something total gibberish didn't you!?

Come on, you can say something smart right? Tell him it's your weapon, go ahead,
real slowly now, enunciate.

"M-my uh, my weapon," Tio said quietly, making sure to avert her gaze as her left hand went straight back up to her horn self-consciously.

"That's cool, what is it?" the other student asked before hurriedly correcting himself.

"Crap, sorry. I should probably at least introduce myself. Colin," he said, extending a hand.

Okay, let's keep calm, this is way further than we've ever gotten before right? Just whatever you do, don't punch him in the face, don't punch, shake hand.

Memories flooded back into Tio's mind in the awkward pause while Colin awaited her handshake, memories of the last boy she'd talked to, the first in fact, and the fact that she hadn't actually spoken, she'd broken his nose and ran for the hills years ago.

Stressed to kingdom-come, Tio stretched her own hand out, having let go of Yolmak's case, clasping Colin's, or more accurately enveloping it. With a curt shake, the faunus girl managed to whisper out one more thing before the panic got the better of her, and she hurriedly turned away, both hands coming up to her face.

"T-t-t-tio!"

"Wow, and I thought I was bad with people," Colin joked, deciding to make his exit while it was still opportune.

Oh my god, you did it Tio! You had a whole conversation with a boy, and you didn't even hit him!

Let's reign back on that a little bit, you didn't really have a conversation, you just introduced yourself.

Deciding to shelf her silent debate for once, Tio rolled Yolmak's case around to the wall, and took a seat on it, moving her duffel bag to her lap. Despite the normalcy of the motion, the silliest grin was plastered on the faunus' face, even if said face was still red as the stained glass lining the room.

Gareth looked at all the people passing and thought of the rumours he had heard about last year's initiation. Not a single person? But there are so many initiates here, that couldn't happen again, could it? Yes. Yes it very well could, and we'd be the first to fall. Gareth slumped to the ground, curling his knees up into his chest. His ears drooped, and his tail lay limply next to him. We're going to die, but what does it matter? Dying now, dying tomorrow, dying to that damned Ursa, we're going to die and return to the Dust. What's the point? A few of the lights nearest Gareth flickered and died, and hopeless tears welled up in his eye. No. I'm not going to give into that bullshit again, Mark, I'll have you lobotomized before I let you take us down with your stupid depression. With Geth's mental outburst, Gareth was able to wrest control and stop using his Aura, so the lights came to life again. He dried his eyes and stood up, leaning against the wall again, like nothing had happened. Deciding that dwelling on the romours again would be a bad idea, he looked around for someone to talk to, but coming up mostly empty. He wondered if someone was going to take the stage and make a speech or something soon, or if they would be left to their own devices until they had to start a battle royale to decide who would be eaten first. He started going over each student he saw individually, and gauging what to do with each if it came to that. Target, target, ally, target, meat shield, ally, ally, avoid, target...

Rasia kept vigil of both the fighters and their weapons, the perfectly smooth movements, the mastered feints. Though the fight had been back and forth for a minute or so it slowed to a lull just as the hoard of students began to sprawl in. The fighters had paused on the bridge, little to no movement. They were nearing the end of the fight then.

Rasia pictured the fight in her mind playing out a number of different ways, all with greatly varying results, while watching the remaining seconds of the fight. The fight could have ended any number of ways, but the man laid his skills out just right and the woman tripped up, though the final bullet in the skull was the cloud trick at the end. The man having noticed where she flew during the attack, then waiting the perfect amount of time for her to attack, these two obviously knew each other well, but he knew her better.
“Skill, combat tactics, and intelligence.” Rasia concluded.

The screen suddenly flashed into the windows that the spectators were all watching through. An announcement giving direction to all the new students. Directions included for some the more 'adventurous' students among the crowd.

Rasia decided that waiting for the crowd to clear would probably be for the best, the boy she raced patting her head and heading off without her.
“I can scan the field in the mean time anyways.” she continued looking throughout the field, as well as the students who began heading towards the exit. Rasia did the same though the exit that she could use and that lead her to the Academy.

As Rasia entered the hall she sat down cross legged next to a large suitcase propped against a wall by a much larger Faunus. What caught her eye was the case, most certainly a weapon sat inside if the Faunus didn't use smaller weapons hidden throughout her attire. It seemed a shame to waste her strength on smaller weapons however.

Rasia decided it must be a larger weapon, a smile growing on her face as she pondered the possibilities;
“A large bow, perhaps a shield weapon, it could definitely be a canon of sorts, doubtful it could be artillery that would required too much room, armour?? Doubtful.” She practically sang her thoughts, and the glowing expression made it clear.

Rasia thought it best to calm herself after what happened last time.
“Pay attention, focus, focus, focus...” she repeated, her eyes narrowing as she looked forward, no longer appearing excited.

Large crowd, seems like some need some trigger discipline, and-” her thoughts cut short as she scanned the crowd.

Cromwell and Sterling entered Pharos proper,just as the woman from the announcement stepped onto the balcony overlooking the hall,opposite the door everyone entered through. "Ladies and gentlemen,welcome to Pharos. Here,you will learn everything you need in order to help protect our way of life from the Grimm,and those who would seek to disrupt it." Her brown hair,though long,was kept in a bun at the back of her head. Her clothes were simultaneously elegant and functional,with an unnatural stiffness at numerous areas suggesting hidden armour.

By the time she finished her little introduction,Cromwell and Sterling have climbed the stairs,and arrived at her flanks. "Thank you,Beatrice. I'll take it from here." Beatrice nodded,and stepped back to allow the Headmaster to speak. "Tomorrow is your initiation exam. It will be harsh. So harsh,that no one passed it last year. It hasn't been changed,nor will it ever be,so long as I am in office. This is to separate the weak from the strong. The dim from the clever. Hunters are leaders,and only the finest may lead. You will rest the night in this hall. Get to know eachother. You could very well be spending the next four years together." With that,Cromwell scanned the crowd one last time,and left,deeper into the keep that was Pharos Academy,with Sterling in tow,allowing Beatrice to finish up.

She stepped back to address the students. "Bedding and your belongings will be produced within the hour. Please remain here until morning. There will be an announcement. Have a good evening." With that,the instructor left,as well,leaving the students to their own devices.

Zewl waited at his wall until he was handed a blue air matress with a ridiculously pink pillow. He glared at the woman giving those to him and she just shrugged. He sighed and accepted the pillow and matress. He glared at the people laughing at the color of the pillow and scared them off. He grudgingly went to sleep, growling as he did so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back