• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Grimm Encounters

Allcure

The One and Only
Welcome one and all to Beacon.

Here, within these walls you won't just become heroes, you will become legends! You will forge teams, friendships and hone your skills. But not all is well at Beacon. Sinister forces lurk in the shadows, waiting to strike...

Rules:

1) Standard RP rules apply (no god moding, no insta hitting, be nice etc.)

2)No generic OC's, Please try to be creative

3)Though I don't insist upon it three sentences should be an appropriate aim while posting. If it really isn't needed however you can use shorter posts.

4)No joining the RP until your OC is accepted (which I will do by liking the post)

hello

The streets of Vale were awash with people from all colours of life, some simply going about their day to day business, but the vast majority were students. Specifically new students from all over Remnant, waiting for the airships to arrive to carry them to Beacon academy itself. Many of the students stood alone or in groups but all of them were excited, whether they chose to show it or not.

Kaitlyn was one of the ones sitting alone, perched on a step, one of many leading up to platform on which the airships were soon to arrive. She was wordlessly eating a pretzel she had bought a few hundred yards down the street, picking chunks of cautiously with two dainty fingers before popping them in her mouth. She herself wasn't all that fussed about heading to Beacon, sure becoming a huntress was a noble cause and all but Kate was looking forward to the freedom more than anything else. She smiled to herself at the idea of being truly independent, her eyes scanning the crowds of similar aged students simply milling around.

Maroon gazed wonderingly at the endless displays of armor, weapons, and dust that every shop window, it seemed, in Vale displayed. Earlier he had bought four canisters of dust, one for each element. The clinical containers were small and easily strapped to his belt, but it was still more dust then he had ever had at once. Dust had to be conserved back in Maroon's village. Also on his person Maroon also had a yellow and red dust crystal. His heart pounded with anticipation. The leaders of the clan had never permitted him to use crystals, saying his semblance was not yet strong enough. Maroon hoped to find out soon.

A particularly shiny shiny suit of armor caught Maroons eye. "Remnant's Most Versatile Aura Controlled Armor!" The golden writing on the window boasted. A robotic mannequin wore the armor and demonstrated how different pieces could mechanically extend from the breast plate to protect against any attack. Maroon looked in his empty wallet and sighed. "Some day," He said to himself as he walked up the steps to where the Beacon airship was to pick them up.

Tristan was walking down the street's of the vail with his headphones in as usual. He went near to the platform and saw a girl on the steps he looked at her. "Hay you ok down there" he said smiling his music can be heard from where she was. he tilted his headphones so they were down to his neck, the music blazing out and can be heard still. "You look like your staring into space anyway name's Tristan" he said smiling. he then sat next to her "so you excited to become a hunter i am my dad been to the same school im going to what is it called again beacon academy right" he said thinking if he got the name of the school right.

Wng5b8.png

Activity: Being excited

Companions: None

The day to go to beacon has arrived! Everyone is excited for it of course, Lily is no exception. Actually, if could look around the hordes of aspiring hunters and huntresses, it's not so hard to miss the purple haired girl that's been jumping around and yelling "THIS IS IT!" on the top of her lungs.

Just before arriving at the waiting area, her uncle had prepared her an extensively long list of things to be careful of, things to that she have to be aware of, things she shouldn't forget and the list goes on and on. He even gave Lily snacks to eat while traveling, she hasn't eaten since the night before, she's THAT excited. As she parted ways with her uncle, she stood for a bit to feel the cool breeze touch her skin and make her hair seemingly dance as the wind carries it.
"Alright!" she says, pumping herself up for an adventure. "I gotta do my best from now on!" further instilling positive vibes onto herself, she proceeded where the the other students were.

At the sight of the many different students that aspire to become hunters and huntresses for many different reasons such as following their family's footsteps, a life long dream from an inspiration or just plain excited to do something adventurous for once, like Lily's reasons, specifically (Other than being chosen for her semblance, it was something she could have wanted anyway.), her chest was overflowing from the merry greetings of some students talking to each other, bragging about semblances and weaponry. She, however, in spite of being a real chatterbox, chose to just scream and shout her excitements out before actually socializing with the other students. Hence, what she is doing now.

Maroon had never been to a city before. Initially Maroon had been so awed by the large buildings, diverse shops, and plethora food stalls that he didn't have time to think of anything else. As he walked up the stairs Maroon started to take note of the people around him. They were all the same age as he was and almost everyone had a ridiculously large weapon. Some of them were staring at him, Maroon realized, and they smelled of fear. Self-conscience of the hair that gave him away as a faunus he covered his head with the hood of his tattered grey cloak. Maroon was use to these kinds of receptions, although he had never been in such a highly armed place. He heard whispers of "faunus!" and "white fang!" Suddenly anxious Maroon quickened his pace up the stair case, not noticing the people who jumped out of his way. He leapt the last few steps and found himself flying towards a girl who was screaming. Completely caught off guard Maroon screamed to.

10678813_1010018555679994_6828824547183041829_n.jpg

"Is everything okay now? Is the food enough? Your clothes? Maybe I should've given you more clothes in case y-" She was shocked to be cut off by her only daughter in the family. "Mom! This is enough, in fact it's too much!" She shouted to her mother just outside the ship that will bring her to Beacon. She sighed and looked at her mom. Currently she has three bags with her, a knapsack for food, a big suite case for clothes and a normal suitcase for other stuffs. Her mom only chuckled at her reaction, she gave her mom a questioning look then her mom said, "I was just messing with you earlier. But I'm serious about those bag you know. You should always have extras in case you run out." She gave her mother a blank look after a few seconds she smiled and told her mom. "Don't worry about me! I'm trained by the most amazing hunter of his time right, Grandpa?" Her grandfather gave her a shocked look as he was suddenly part of the mother-daughter conversation. "Well, you don't know what can happen so still be careful." He gave her a reassuring smiling hinting the words. 'You got this kid.' Her father came into view and gave her Lightning's Cry, "Now, now, she'll be just fine I'm sure of it. Anyway, here is your weapon. Take very good care of it." She smiled at her father and nodded. "You should go now." He patted her shoulder, and with that she waved goodbye as she went to the platform where she would board the ship.

As she was getting there she thought to herself. Okay, Kay Amber Avalon, you can do this! I'll be friendly to everyone that I will meet...... But what if it felt awkward? No! I can do this, I can make lots of friends! Can I? Huuu.... What if I can't? I may be approachable but still my bluntness is just soo... What's the word? Automatic? With that she just sighed and continued her walking. When she got there the first thing that she saw was a Faunus flying towards the screaming purple girl. She blinked a few time after the thing that she had just witnessed. "What was that? Would they be fine? Maybe I should take a peek or maybe not." She decided to do the latter and looked for a place to rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wng5b8.png

Activity: Being excited

Companions: None

The formerly ecstatic purple haired girl had been silenced in complete shock of a random person who randomly appeared before her and started screaming as well. "W-w-whaaaaa!" the girl literally turned starry eyed, holding both of the random man's hands whilst keeping an extremely happy expression etched on her face. "You must be just as excited as me!" she shouted at the man that's just completely in front of her. "Omg omg omg! This has got to mean something! Maybe ohhhhhhh-!" she paused, moving back from the man momentarily whilst comically pointing at him then returned to grabbing his hands. "You and I must be meant to be as friends o-or!" she gasped "M-m-maybe...something more than friends!? Oh my gosh! No please! It's my 1st time! (Having a bf or having this much contact with the opposite sex too.)" she blushed, completely embarrassed at the man who had yet to have a chance to actually talk back. "But, let's take things slowly though, okay?"from her excited and upbeat behavior, she went extremely sweet and even gave the man a simple yet meaningful smile. "I'm Lily, Lily Rune. What's your name?"

Kaitlyn was shaken out of her daze by the sudden appearance of an admittedly strange boy who seemed more than eager to begin a conversation.

"Hey... I'm Kaitlyn, just call me Kate and yeah Beacon, that's right." She spoke, not even trying to hide her confusion. "How can you not know where you are just about to go?" She questioned looking the boy up and down. He did look like the eccentric type, music blaring from his headphones. But before he had time to answer a rather distressed looking boy almost ran up the stairs past her, coming close to knocking her out of her seat.

"Hey!" She shouted in protest after him but he was already out of earshot. He had looked rather agitated, she noted. Checking Her scroll she noted the time and turned back the boy.

"Tristan was it? Well come on the ships almost here and-" Kate began to speak, being broken of by the screams. "And I have to know what this is about." She said turning her back on Tristan and moving up the steps, thowing the remains of the pretzel in a bin forty feet away and smiling to herself when it sank directly in before continuing upwards.

Tristan looked at the girl her confusion he try'ed to follow her as closely he can, moving around people trying to get on. He then saw her he then dashed towards her "hay" he said trying to get her attention. He then try'ed to get nearer to her while pushing and shoving people. eventually he caught up to her and looked at her.

Kate didn't noticed Tristan's presence, but was much more fascinated by the large Faunus and small girl both standing awkwardly before her. She laughed quietly to herself as she witnessed their somewhat comic meeting. The first of the few Airships were coming in and Kate spied one that was heading straight for their platform. It was colossal, bigger than any vehicle Kate had ever seen. Not even her fathers airships were that big. Her personal one back home was smaller still.

She turned to look at Tristan who seemingly wanted her attention. Did he really push through all those people to get to me? Kate wasn't sure whether to laugh at his almost puppy dog demeanour or feel flattered. In the end she went with a mixture of the two, smiling as she spoke, allowing her excitement to show for the first time that day. "Are you ready to become a legend?" She spoke quietly as the Airship pulled into dock, people surging forward.

Tristan couldn't help his emotions he was about to burst into a little child waiting to see Santa "I CAN'T WAI-" he said getting pummeled by other people entering the air ship he got back up covered in a few bruises "i can't wait to become a hunteeeer" he said sort of dazed he then shook it of and walked right into the air ship and looked at Kate "sorry about that anyway i am so excited to go to beacon academy" he said smiling at her "hay wanna see my weapon it's been used in ym family for a few years" he said smiling at her

All Maroon could do was stand there with his mouth open. Friends! More then friends! First time?!?! Maroon had been sure he was going to bowl the girl over but by chance Maroon had skidded to a halt right in front of her. Now she had his hands in hers. He blushed when noticed that he was holding them in return. This was so unexpected all the anxiety and nervousness drained out of him. "NO!" he said a little forcefully as he dropped her hands. "I didn't me..I don't want to be...I mean we're not...I-I." Maroon just paused and shook his head. " My name is Maroon." He said regaining his composure. "I was named for the red tinge in my hair. I didn't mean to startle yo-Is that an air ship!?" His eyes popped at the monstrous flying machine in front of him. Prospective students began to jostle each other to climb aboard but theymade sure to leave some space around Maroon and the bubbly girl.

Leblanc sat in the airship bored as hell. She knew this day would come, she just wished... She just wished it would be more entertaining. The girl in pure white sat there while the Airship landed for its first official pick up. She scooted around on her seat to look out the window. Gosh this place was pretty. Compared to what she was used to seeing anything was pretty. The girl got a bit startled as the door hatch opened up and people began to run inside. Maybe she could meet someone? Probably not, due to people not being anywhere near her caliber. Leblanc got a bit uncomfortable with the amount of people on this ship and tried getting through it.

Kate Giggled at Tristan's enthusiasm, even more so when it was abruptly cut short and even further still when she spied the tall Faunus's gaze of amazement. She watched as the ship came into dock, the doors opening with a slight hiss. She calmly walked aboard and half listened, half ignoed Tristan's babblings. He really is quite strange, She thought casually to herself. "Uh Tristan I don't think getting a Scythe out on an airship crowded with Kids is a bright idea." She pointed out with a smile. "Don't get me wrong I LOVE weapons, just show me when we get there?" She spoke, clearing up any confusion. Seats were filling up fast and Kaitlyn spotted a single one left free on the floor they were on, right next to a girl dressed all in white. "Sorry Tristan, there is only one seat left, I'll see you when we get to Beacon, remember you owe me a glimpse at those Scythes!" She called out to him as she moved over to the empty chair, sighing gratefully as she sat down.

Tristan smiled and shouted " DON'T WORRY I WON'T FORGET!!" he shouted waving her good bye he then went inside the ship after her hearing the people heading inside "hay watch it" he said scrambling along he sighed finally he got a seat he begun to sit down trying to remember something "hmmm i needed to show someone my scythes but i can't remember hmm mm" he said thinking to himself as he pondered and pondered throwout the entire journey

Wng5b8.png

Activity: Chatting; Being excited again.

With: Maroon Trams
@noremac

Lily just stood watch as the reddish haired man was dumbfounded and most likely, overwhelmed with her amount of excitedness. Being rejected in some form unknowingly, Lily giggled as the man proceeded with his introductions but as he continued speaking, his eyes gaped in fascination as an airship had arrived.

"Oh? An airship?" Lily turned away from Maroon and looked to confirm the man's words. "Ahh, I see. Wait! AN AIRSHIP!" her energy went at full level yet again and her excitement lead her to grab her new found friend and drag him along with her towards the airship, ignoring the hordes of student blocking her way, her partner however was unfortunate as being dragged by the excited girl made him bump into almost all the students that Lily managed to squeeze through.

Nonetheless, at their arrival, the two were lucky to find seats for two before it was about to fill up.
"Ah! Lucky!" aware that her semblance may be the case she dragged her partner and had seated next to each other. "Ooooh! I'm so excited! Aren't you?" she looked at her partner. "What should we talk about as we're still heading towards a new adventure?

Maroon was surprised at being dragged to the airship. Dragged! And by a little human more then a foot shorter then him. This was an excellent beginning to an adventure. From awe, to anxiety, to pure excitement Maroon was ready for anything now. When Lily asked him the questions Maroon couldn't stop the laughter that billowed out of him. "HA HA HA HA," Head tilted back, mouth wide, excitement was channeled through mirth. "The adventure has already begun and I am more excited then I have ever been! We could talk about anything. Everything!" The Lily's bubbliness was contiguous. "Let's start with the obvious question. Why do you want to become a Huntress?"

proxy.php

Activity: Chatting

With: Maroon Trams
@noremac

As the airship soared through the clouds, under the lazy hazy sun, Lily's excitement cause her to become more and more impatient for their arrival at Beacon. The reddish haired fellow that she's currently seated with at the moment finally caught onto her exhilaration and cast a question on the purple haired wanna be huntress. "Me? Well, it's simple actually," Lily paused for while before continuing. "I just wanted excitement! ADVENTURE! YUP!" almost in an shouting tone, she nodded.

"So yeah, that's all to it! How about you?" actually had another thought in mind "OH! As a hunter, you should have some snazzy weapon with you right? So? What did you have?" she added another question.

"The adventure is what drew to apply at Beacon as well....Uhh, I've never really carried a weapon..." Maroon said as he ran a hand through the hair on the back of his neck, unsure whether or not he should be abashed. The faunus gazed around the air ship noting the bulges under clothing, students showing off their weapons, and even someone who was picking their teeth with a knife. The man sitting behind them, listening to music, was muttering under his breath about scythes.

"I was taught to fight grimm using dust, aura, and martial arts. The only weapons I use are whatever is at hand...I don't know if that will work here though. Maybe I'll have to learn to use a weapon in order to keep up with everyone else." With his semblance Maroon was certain that he would be just fine, but he wasn't about to give that knowledge away. Grinning mischievously, "And you? Do you have a rocket launcher that shoots chainsaws hidden under that cloak?"

10678813_1010018555679994_6828824547183041829_n.jpg

The airship finally came and Kay climbed aboard looking a nice seat by the window. She found one and saw a the purple girl and the maroon boy sit right in front her. They were talking and she wondered if she could join them. But what would she say first? Hello? Hi? Want some food? She rummaged through her bag of snacks and took out a pack of chips and reach out to them and said, "Hey! Want some food?"

@Arrietta @noremac

Kaitlyn placed her back pack at her feet as she sat down before beginning to sort through it. The back pack although small contained an entire plethora of different, seemingly pointless, things ranging on notebooks to batteries. So much clutter that it took Kate a while to find what she was looking for. Pulling out a packet of sugar mice, she chewed on one casually, enjoying the sweet taste of the treat.

Looking up she couldn’t help but notice that a lot of eyes were on her, a few looking particularly hungry. Suddenly realising how selfish she appeared, Kate held out the bag invitingly. “Want some?” The words barely escaped her lips before the bag was ravished b a flood of hungry hands, pinching and sneaking the available treats. By the time they retreated only one sugar mouse remained, appearing lonely in the bag. Even so Kate still took the chance to look around and noticed with surprise that the only person without a treat eagerly between their teeth was the girl dressed all in white next to her. Kate held the last one out to her invitingly, “Uh, don’t you want any?

"I'm fine." Leblanc didn't ever look away from the window. Though she couldn't see much due to the amount of people in front of her she would look between the cracks of their silhouettes seeing the beauty before her. She sighed a bit fixing her outfit. The girl beside her seemed nice, but Leblanc wasn't here to make friends. She saw the girl was still offering it with a smile so Leblanc fully looked in her direction, and awkwardly took the treat.

Kate smiled as the girl eventually accepted her offering, though took note of her reluctance and awkward glance. Kate let out a short laugh before talking "I'm not going to poison you relax". The girls hesitance, though mildly amusing made Kate wonder exactly what was going on in her mind. Following her gaze to the window she though she could probably take a good guess. Airships were nothing new to Kate, sure this one was on a whole new level when it came to size but once you were up in the air the views were all the same. A view Kate noted this strange girl was trying to catch a glimpse of. "Beautiful Isn't it... Have you ever been on an airship before?" She asked, turning her body slightly to face her.

(
@Verrici)

Leblanc made a strange glare at Kate for her laughing. And continued to look out the window, not looking with someone else. "Second time." The girl in white did not want to explain that the last time she was in an airship was where her town was being evacuated due to the incoming missiles. She still had fear of riding in one of these because it only meant war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back