• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Detachment & Disconnection OOC

thetasfiasco

Not Drawn to Scale

Detachment & Disconnection

The Atlesian militant force is rivaled by none. It's taught by elementary teachers in Atlas that the combined powers of Vale, Vacuo and Mistral couldn't hold a candle to Atlas economically, militaristically, culturally or technologically. No one expected them to act on their superiority. The Cross Continental Transmit System was the first to go; all communication systems were made useless without notice. Next, supply routes into Atlas were seized, and supply routes out of Atlas simply stopped leaving. All power supplied by Atlas stayed within their borders, and all Atlas tech was remotely deactivated soon after. Chaos in Vale, Mistral and Vacuo ensued.

This is the current out of character chat. We will be using Discord later on.

designed by Fyuri

Last edited:
thetasfiasco thetasfiasco when will the Trooper CS be up again?
Once we have three leaders up. Currently I have three people, including myself, ready to make a leader character. One is currently working on theirs, I'm a lazy bum, and the other is out camping for the next couple days. Sorry >-< Your character sheet will rely heavily on what leader you decide to be under, mainly because your character will be from their kingdom. I appreciate your enthusiasm to get this going, though! <3

Once we have three leaders up. Currently I have three people, including myself, ready to make a leader character. One is currently working on theirs, I'm a lazy bum, and the other is out camping for the next couple days. Sorry >-< Your character sheet will rely heavily on what leader you decide to be under, mainly because your character will be from their kingdom. I appreciate your enthusiasm to get this going, though! <3
Thank you for the situation report. Its good to know what the situation looks like. I'll keep brainstorming then so I can get a character out soon after the CS is up.

I want to point this out now (at four in the morning, fuck me): I don't want this to become romance based. I won't tell you not to form romantic relationships between characters, but please don't force it, and please don't focus your character's personality, age and such around them being in relationships. I want everyone, especially the troops, to be all fucking over the place, especially with personality and age. Over time, this is probably going to include a lot of comedy, and things will be taken a lot less seriously. And that's fine. Much better than having everyone in pretty, perfect relationships with one another. If I'm being honest, I don't see it happening anyways, but it's one of the three ways I could see this roleplay going. The other two are comedic and 100% serious, both of which I'm fine with. Purely romantic? I'd rather we didn't go down that path.

Sorry if this was poorly worded. I'm tired.

I would like to make it very, very clear that this will be happening. I know the lack of characters so far might tell a different story, but we have our missing leader (Danchou Tsubomi) back, and we will make our characters soon. You should all be able to start making your characters by Friday.

Now, a couple things I've failed to mention so far. Your troop characters were either current members of their kingdom's military, students at one of the major academies, or fresh hunters/huntresses. None of them should be over the age of 25. They should all have combat experience and athletic ability- enough for them to be considered for a spot on a team of special operatives. Any characters that don't meet these requirements should be ran past me before work on a character sheet is put in. This doesn't apply to our leaders, as they have their own, more loose rules.

We will have one leader from each kingdom, sans Atlas. Once all leaders are posted, a character sheet for troops will be posted. It will be different for each kingdom. There will be a maximum of four troops under each leader. The leader you make a character under is responsible for accepting your character- the user behind that leader will be your GM, in a sense.

I hope I've maintained all of your interest despite the long waiting period~

Danchou Tsubomi Danchou Tsubomi Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
simj26 simj26 Rantos Rantos Pacificus Pacificus

mhm yes :> or a leader, iduno what calm has planned XD
If so then I look forward to working with you. My character is from Mistral as well, a correlation I only just noticed, and on the off chance your character is the leader then it looks like I will be one of your troopers.

I look forward to the arrangement, may it happen or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back