Rusted from the Rain [Zombie Apoc./Survival RP] [Inactive]

"Couldn't hurt to try," Will added with a suitable shrug, walking alongside the young man, casting a look over his shoulders, looking at the nearby buildings. "Though finding something to just break the chain might be easier."

He was quiet a moment, his brow furrowing in thought.

"Why don't we try and get a truck or somethin? Might be safer, drivin' round insteada walkin. Load that thing up, and drive outta town? No way the whole world is like this. Gotta be someplace with people. There's just gotta be."

"Course we might needa hit up a TJ Maxx too before we go," Will added, looking back down at his jumpsuit. No need to advertise his past if he didn't need to...

Ember peered around the corner just as the guy walked into the building, shouting his greeting. 'Maybe he's just crazy,' Ember thought as he closed the door behind him. Her eyes flickered about as a windchime rang nearby, and she ducked back into the ally. Though she was just at the edge of a neighborhood, she was still uncomfortable with being around the homes. Far too often when people got turned in their homes, their undead selves remained trapped in their homes, or stuck wandering the neighborhood. She'd seen hordes moving throughout houses and culdisacs from rooftops before, and the thought of being stuck on a narrow road surrounded by zombies seemed like a situation that was far too realistic for her liking.

After glancing around and finding a railing to clamber onto, Ember managed to pull herself up onto the first floor balcony beside where the guy entered, and waited. After a little bit she began wondering if he might be staying the night there, when suddenly the guy exited again, taking to the street. Pulling her fire axe off of its harness on the side of her backpack, she gripped it defensively before shouting a quick greeting.

"Hey!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Damien glanced over at Will, looking over his prison uniform. Clothes wouldn’t be a bad idea. And there was one place that clothes, food, medicine, and other supplies were conveniently kept: Houses. “Here’s my plan. We break into someone’s old home, get you a new getup, get some food hopefully, and find a hammer to try and break those cuffs off you.”

He began walking faster now, searching for a place to raid, preferably one that didn’t already get ransacked. He kept on talking as he moved, “A car can be loud. And without gas, it can only get us so far. But there is that option. I’d like to go onto the outskirts, disappear into a neck of woods.”

He stopped in front of his pick in houses, walking up to the door. “But first we get some supplies and go from there.” He leaned against the door, putting all his body weight against it. He slammed into it, trying to force it open. The door creaked, but remained intact.

Damien sighed, taking a step back and looking over towards Will. “You’re a big guy. Want to try your luck?”

Hearing something Parker paused, glancing around himself with a chip half in his mouth. Now, Parker was pretty sure he'd start imagining things eventually. He excepted the random voices in his head and a few odd shadows that would flash through the corner of his eyes. It was something that can with being a survivor of a Zombie apocalypse with no one around for him to really talk to. What he didn't expect was for them to start so soon, it had only be a few days after all.

"Shit, if I'm already goin' crazy I ain't got much hope..." He grumbled with a shake of his head. The streets around him were empty but still he had been sure the voice was real, it had been painfully real and painfully female. The last girl he had encountered - one that wasn't undead - had been Abby. His stomach clenched at the thought of his younger sister, it hurt to remember her. Still he ventured to look around once more, finally catching sight of the figure a few feet up on a balcony not far away. He blinked, were his eyes tired or was that a girl?

"Erm..." Parker stammered, realizing that he had been staring at her in dumbfounded silence for a few minutes. "Want a chip?" With that he held out the bag to her, taking the time to pluck another from it so that he could toss it lazily into his mouth. He still wasn't completely sure if it was his imagination creating the girl in front of him but figured either way she was probably hungry. Or at least he would have imagined a hungry girl, one that ate actual food and not human flesh.

@Rapido

He didn't... seem dangerous, Ember speculated as the stanger offered her the bag. Watching him carefully, she hopped back down and edged towards him. She still held her axe defensively, but the sight of the chips made her stomach rumble. In a city as populated as Chicago you would think finding food would be easy, but all day it seemed that potential stores or homes had undead crawling about, and she hadn't been ready to take any risks for the chance of a sandwich or something. Carefully she reached out and plucked a chip from the bag and tossed it into her mouth. Ember eyed him up and down as she chewed.

"Thanks," She finally said with a half-grin, "Glad to know I'm not the only survivor left in this hell hole."

She seemed a bit timid as she inched forward, eyes glaring at him as if he was about to jump her. It was amusing to think someone thought he was dangerous, he wouldn't hurt someone that was alive at least. When she finally did take the chip it seemed like the tension in the air disappeared, a small smile flashing across her face that made Parker lift an eyebrow cockily.

"Haven't eaten much in the past couple days?" He questioned, "Take som'more, I have... peaches so it's not a big deal if I share." His peaches, his damn peaches. He did have them and at the moment they were about the only thing he had other then a bit of tuna and a bag of stale chips. He had fuckin' peaches. God that still made him angry but he shook it off as he was a bit to preoccupied to worry about his past decisions.

"Name's Parker." He stated after that, shifting his shovel around he held out his other hand in an offer to shake her hand. "Though I'm still not fully sure if you're an illusion or not, it's nice to meet you."

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy was friendly enough, and though she hoped it wasn't just for show, Ember felt some of the stress in her bleed out of her.

"I had a better stock of food a couple days ago, actually, but I ran out and then lost the place I was staying at." She shrugged, going for a couple more chips hungrily, "I hope you're not an illusion as well, Parker. The name's Kimb--- Ember. It's Ember."

Smiling wider now as she loosened her grip on her axe, "Fuck it's been forever since I've had peaches. I love peaches!" She wiped her mouth and added, "I've also got some fresh filtered water in my bag if your needing any. I'd hate to eat your food and not offer anything in return."

Picking up an apple, Chelsea played a little catch with herself as she cautiously looked around the store, checking for any signs of danger. So far all was clear allowing her to breathe a sigh of relief. "Didn't think they'd fancy their five a day." She mumbled more to herself as the lack of human companionship began to take effect and talking to herself became more of a comfort. It also helped her to remain somewhat sane, somewhat meaning that there was only so much of her own company she could take.

Grumbling a little louder, her stomach reminded her of the reason she decided to take refuge in the store. "Hmm, I guess these will do." She eyed up a bunch of grapes that looked relatively appetising still. Grabbing a sufficient amount for the time being she propped herself up on the counter where customers would usually pay and began to eat, legs swinging as she enjoyed every mouthful.

It was then, out the corner of her eye, she saw movement. Stopping mid-mouthful she remained still and quiet. Waiting.

"Hello??"

@Damien

"I'm sure there's at least one car with gas. Sure beats walkin anyhow," the prisoner replied with another shrug, watching the houses as they walked by.

As the two came up to the house, chosen at random, Will watched Damien throw himself against the door, folding his arms. He was content to let him try for a little bit. Give him a second to think. Briefly, of course.

"Try my luck?"

Taking that statement somewhat further than what was likely intended, Will stepped past Damien to the door - and tried the doorknob.

@ Will

The door opened at Will’s simple solution that Damien had overlooked, making him look like a complete idiot. Well, obviously he wasn’t going to be the smarts on this merry adventure zombie survival, but at least he still had his aviators. That made him an important part, or so he told himself, after the self mental berating.

“That’s almost cheating,” Damien grumbled as he pulled out his knife, just in case, and crossed over the threshold of the house. In all the movies, they had to break down the door, and as soon as they stepped inside, the heroes were always attacked.

The small house seemed clear, though, except for a rotting corpse, obviously a female, lying on the ground. Damien went to kneel next to it. The flesh of her jaw had completely been ripped off. Flies buzzed around her body, and the death smell that rose off of her was worse than anything he had ever smelled.

Damien swallowed hard. His first reaction was to retch all over the place, but he held himself back from doing that, just barely. Sometimes he thought he was just in a bad dream, and that he would wake up in his dorm room, sweating and cursing. But this moment brought him back to the realization that this was real. The smell, the sight, the death…Real. All of it real.

Perhaps it would have been better if he had died with his friends. At least he wouldn’t have to live through this.

He clutched his knife tightly before, forcing himself to get a good look at what was before him. It wasn’t going away anytime soon. If he was going to survive, he had to get used to it. He had to get used to doing the hard stuff, and that included this. Quickly, he brought the point of the blade down through the eye socket of the corpse, twisting it deep within its head to make sure it stayed dead.

He withdrew his knife slowly, keeping it held in his hand as he took a look at Will. “Let’s see if there’s a basement. That’s probably where all the tools would be.” He stood from his kneeling position, wondering over to a door that he assumed lead to the basement.

Will chuckled softly, a wry grin on his face as Damien past him and entered the house. He didn't think would have worked, but he was glad it did. Score one for the old man.

The mirth was short-lived though, his smile vanishing as he followed the kid inside. A body on the floor; an overwhelming stench of death. Another grim reminder. As if he hadn't enough already. As if there wasn't too much to take in as it was, in so little time.

"Guess I'm gonna have to get used to that. Smilin one minute, solemn the next..."

He watched quietly as Damien knelt next to the thing - and was alarmed when the knife was plunged into the eye socket. His mouth opened in surprise, and he'd been about to open his mouth in protest, before he stopped himself and allowed a moment to piece it together. That must be what the kid had meant when the 'dead' were 'rising.' Will had been unfortunate (or fortunate?) enough to miss that particular phenomenon in the bus. One minute everything was fine, the next, anarchy. But he supposed he didn't need to see it to believe it. The kid wasn't a liar. And that was enough.

"Good idea," he mumbled in agreement, giving the body one more sidelong stare before turning and following Damien.

Damien firmly nodded towards Will, the previous experience seeming to have taken all of the joking out of out the Australian. He supposed that was a good thing. Being on guard and having on a serious face when delving into a dark dungeon of a basement was probably a good idea.

He opened the door and began to walk down the stairs, keeping one hand on the wall to help guide himself as his eyes adjusted to the dark, and using the other to keep his knife held out in front of him. Finally, his feet touched the ground, and he rounded a small corner.

There was some light that shown in from a window or two, so it wasn’t completely dark. It might have been impossible to rummage around otherwise. Against the wall sat a toolbox, which Damien walked to while sheathing his knife, opened, and folded out, before turning upside down to empty its contents.

And out fell a plain old hammer with a clawed end and pieces of duck tape wrapped around its handle. “This should do it, hopefully.” He picked up the hammer as he turned to face Will. “So, er…Do you have any method of doing this? Or is it just bang on the chain until it breaks?”

"I've never done it before," Will answered uncertainly. "Might be easier if we had a vice to use, maybe crush a link, or weaken it - or maybe a hacksaw. Definitely a hacksaw if you feel like you might mash my hands on accident er somethin."

Will frowned, and looked around the basement for any other potentially useful item. This might end up being much more of a chore than he anticipated. Maybe a hammer would work? He didn't think so. At least not in any kind of timely manner. They might be here all night trying to get rid of just a single link.

After spotting movement from the corner of her eye Chelsea gathered up every ounce of courage she had to go and explore. Jumping down from the counter she fished out her dagger that fit perfectly in her boot. Holding the weapon out in front of her slightly she took cautious steps in to the back of the store which looked like it formed part of the owner's private home.

Taking in her surrounding's Chelsea was surprised that the place was still intact. It was nothing like what the movies portrayed, homes torn apart and blood splattered on the walls. Still cautious she took slow and stealthy movements across the hall and to the stairs where she heard a scraping coming from the top.

Her heart began to race, her breathing picking up pace as she expected the worst. The scraping continued as she got closer to the room that it seemed to coming from. Slowly, with her free hand she reached for the door handle. Hand to metal she paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "Come on Chels, you can do this." She gave herself a bit of a boost. "I mean it might only be a brain eating zombie on the other side of the door, it's nothing." She couldn't help but add a little sarcasm as it made it less frightening.

Letting out a deep and slow breath she turned the handle and pushed the door open, carefully as not to alarm anyone or anything. With the door ajar she poked her head around the corner and felt her heart drop to a normal rate once she realised that there was nothing there that resembled the walking dead. Instead it was a small, cosy room that was shockingly neat and tidy. Stepping in to the room a little more, tucking her dagger away again, Chelsea noted the draws were still open and the doors to the wardrobe too. It was clear that who ever inhabited the room had grabbed what they could and left in a hurry.

"So what was that scratching noise?" Confused, she sat on the bed only to jump straight back up when she heard a whimper coming from under it.

"What the...?!" Her hand clenched at her chest as for a moment she thought it had stopped beating. Regaining her composure she knelt down and lifted the over hanging blanket only to find a pair of beady, black eyes staring back at her. It whimpered once again and backed away a little more.

Looking closer, Chelsea saw it was only a puppy; a German Sheppard hiding under the bed. A small smile crept up on her face as she beckoned the tiny creature out. At first the puppy was a little reluctant but after a few words of comfort and a gentle voice the puppy came out from under the bed and bound in to her lap, licking at her face with joy.

"Awweh, you're such a cutie." She laughed and ruffled the dog's fur. "You get left behind did ya boy? Huh?" She cooed earning a small bark in reply. Checking his collar she noted his name, Charlie. "Well, Charlie. Looks like your owners won't be coming back and in a human-eat-human world, finder's keepers." Chelsea claimed and stroked the puppy some more, luckily to have found a companion as she sorely missed her friend.

For a moment she mourned her friend before being brought back to reality by the wag of Charlie's tail hitting on the floor as he sat obediently before her.

"What do you say we head out of here, huh? See if we can find us some living people as I'm sure we're not the only live beings here." She stood up and brushed off her clothes, looking to Charlie who sat there, tongue hanging out of his mouth, tail wagging at a high speed. With a little giggle, Chelsea walked to the door. "I'll take that as a yes then?"

Charlie answered with a bark and eagerly followed her out of the room. "I guess we best get some supplies first. Let's see what they have around here. Then we'll get going." She spoke to the puppy that ran ahead, down the hall. Chelsea was glad to have found him as it made talking t

Kaito chuckles as he finished his observation as it was time for him to move shop. He followed a simple principle collect and adapt this philosophy would keep him alive. He went down into the makeshift room he had and got all of the supplies he needed. He had on a back pack as he works a shirt, with black pants and a lab coat. He exits the house in the back door and he heads out to see what else was left of this wasteland of a world. He heads down the street as he could see thier was a few house some still lookin nice and other that looks broken

Without a word Parker slipped off his backpack, unzipping the pink bag so that he could rummage around inside it. He never thought the peaches would come in handy or that he'd actually get ride of them somehow but it seemed he had found his chance to dispose of the useless fruit. Pulling out one of the cans he shook it around in front of him, the slosh of liquid inside greeted his ears as he looked expectantly at the girl.

"Want to open one?" He questioned, "Something sweet for someone sweet?" He flashed a grin after that, looking around for something to open the can with. He hadn't' even realized he didn't have a can opener until that moment but there had need one inside the house before. "Hold this." He placed the can in the girl's hand, figure if she ended up taking off he wouldn't loose much. Jogging inside he slipped past the corpse and popped open one of the drawers to pick out the can opener.

He then returned, waving it as he jogged up to her smiling. "I found something useful!" He chimed happily.

Rolling her eyes at his comment she took the peaches and waited as Parker jogged back inside. He was interesting, to say the least, but at least he didn't seem to be a creep.

When the first outbreak occurred and she barricaded herself on the roof of her dorm as quickly as she could, a couple other people had joined her. Besides Rachel there had also been Joey. He had seemed safe enough, but after a couple days things took a sudden turn from bad to worse. While Ember had been out grabbing food from the nearby cafeteria (everyone had been in a panic and there wasn't much time to grab much food or supplies) Joey had... taken advantage of Rachel. The girl didn't even need to say anything. Ember could tell. When the three of them had to go out again for supplies, Ember had doubled back with Rachel and barricaded them on the roof again. She had watched as Joey ran across the campus, pursued by his peers-turned-undead. She had watch as he fell to the ground and was torn apart. Rachel cried. Ember didn't.

She'd never liked Joey anyway.

Of course she lost Rachel only a few days later.

The thought of Joey began to put her on edge again, so she quickly shoved her memories back into the deep recesses of her mind as Parker quickly returned. "Now if only we could use that to open up zombie heads as well," Ember commented, raising an eyebrow at the can opener in the man's hand.

Kaito was walking down the road as he could hear some talk at the end of the street. He was caution as he put his hand in his pocket as what in thier was his m9 gun. He looks over and he could see a woman and a man near a house. The girl seem to be eating something as he can see. They didn't look infective and this made him grin a bit. People still alive well this was a big surprise well what he was waiting for it be ride not to introduce himself. He pushes up his glasses as he walks closer to them

"So other survives the end of the world huh well that really interesting" he said as he still had the grin on his face as he looks at both of them. He didn't trust them as both of his hand were in his pockets as his hand were not seen but they were holding weapons just incase they decided to try to play him

With Charlie by her side, Chelsea searched high and low for other survivors. So far it seemed her quest was pointless as no other living soul was to be found. On her way she had come across several corpses, far from fresh, much like the fruit in the store she first inhabited; but luckily she had yet to come across any of the undead.

Sitting in a car she had managed find unlocked she pondered on her options whilst sharing a nutrition bar with her trusty sidekick who was happy to receive every morsel of food that she offered.

"What do we do, Charlie boy?" She asked the occupied pup who clearly was not listening, more interested in the wrapper from the food. "That's fine, I'll talk to myself." She huffed and looked about the vehicle.

Glinting in the sunlight it was as if she had come across a miracle. "KEYS!" She screeched making Charlie jump in fright.

"You know, this apocalypse seems to bring me a lot of luck." The overjoyed red head beamed from ear to ear, jingling the keys in her hand.

"Either that or its just because there is no other competition. Who am I to complain." She carried on as she stuck the key in the ignition and turned it away from her, bringing the car to life with a bit of a struggle. "Come on! You can do it!"

She gave it another go, giving the gas pedal a bit of a push to get the car going.

After a few tries she felt a sense of accomplishment. "Oh yeah! Check me out boy!" She did a small dance before buckling up. "Safety first, don't want to be harming ourselves if we bump in to a zombie."

Reaching.over she buckled Charlie in also and checked for any cds before heading on the road to continue her search for humans.

"Let's hope they're out there somewhere so we can figure this all out together. No way am I fighting this crap alone."

Right after his first encounter with one of them, Lukas had rushed over to the school he'd worked at, to see if any of his co-workers knew what was going on. He stayed here despite its emptiness, because he didn't dare go back outside. For the first couple days, he stayed holed up in a classroom. However, a group of what he guessed were four men moved into the classroom just across from his. Not wanting to be noticed by the men, he moved to a janitorial closet. He'd been here since.

One Mississippi... Two Mississippi... Three Mississippi... Four Mississippi... Five Mississippi... Six Mississippi... Seven. Ping!

One Mississippi... Two Mississippi... Three Mississippi... Four Mississippi... Five Mississippi... Six Mississippi... Seven. Ping!

And so time crawled on. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. The pinging came from somewhere close outside of the door, though Lukas wasn't sure what it was. He didn't know how long he'd been here, but he knew it was longer than seven seconds. More importantly, he knew it was long enough for... Something to happen outside. The loud, nervous chatter of the men was gone, replaced by inhuman moans and shuffling, never breaking. Not even at night. Most of the time, it was distant, and Lukas could focus in on the pinging to take his mind off of it. But, sometimes, if Lukas had to shift his position or opened a can too loudly, they'd come closer. The only thing separating Lukas from whatever it was was the small, wooden door of the closet.

Lukas knew he couldn't stay here forever. Not for much longer, in fact. He was running low on both food and water, and needed to feel the sun on his face. Even if that meant facing whatever was outside, he had to go. But, despite this knowledge, he stayed. His growing hunger, dry tongue, and the dark stuffiness of the closet simply weren't enough to make him go. Not yet, at least. He didn't know what was outside of the closet. Nor did he know what was outside of the school, in the rest of the world. He couldn't go, but he couldn't stay.

Parker glanced at the can opener before swinging it around a bit. "I could try." He said truthfully, "Might risk gettin' a few corpse teeth in my arm though, that the reason why I have this!" With that he held out his shovel, proudly showing it off. It was rusted and covered in a thin layer of zombie blood but it was the thing that was keeping him alive in this hell-hole so it was just a good as the Excalibur. Popping open the can of peaches he passed it across to Ember with a smile. "Eat up!" He then stuck his fingers into the can, pulling out one before he turned to scan the streets for the undead.

What he saw wasn't a zombie though, but a man. Or what he assumed was a man. Twirling his shovel in a large loop, he gripped it with two hands and glared at the approaching figure. He was almost about to drive the shovel into the guys head when he spoke, lifting the tension of him being a corpse. "Don't expect that you're the only one still kickin'." Parker grumbled lowering his shovel with a glance over at Ember. To be honest he had expected there were others, but not that two of them would somehow find him within the same hour. Within the same few minutes actually.

"Well, two's a crowd and three's a party. Right?" He chimed giving them both a smile. "Though, I didn't expect such an odd party."

Knocking back the peaches and draining part of the can, Ember kept her gaze on the new stranger while she ate. Even though Parker had turned out to be friendly didn't guarantee anyone else they'd meet would be good. Ember still didn't trust Parker since she'd just met him, but she was willing to give him a chance.

This other guy on the other hand... he gave her the creeps. She narrowed her eyes at him, taking in his bloodied white coat, his face, his demeanor. Taking a step back she rested her hand on the hilt of her axe and tucked her hand holding the can closer to her chest defensively. Parker greeting the stranger, of course, but Ember refused to speak just yet, instead eyeing him suspiciously from where she stood a couple steps behind Parker and waiting to see what this stranger would say.

Kaito looks at the 2 survivors as he hve them a grin as he notice thier hands on thier weapons. He knows his demeanor isn't the most healthy type when meeting new people. He just gave the girl a chuckles as he notice her hand on her ax as he gave them both a deep bow like a gentleman. He can't be rude thought he was taught to be a gentleman.

"Where are my manner I should introduce myself. I am Dr. Kaito and you both are...." He said as he stand back up and goes back to his relaxes manner.

He adjust his glasses as he get a good look at then as he examine everything about them. He notice thier clothing weapons and many other things. He was cautious though as in his pocket he was fingering his scalpels.

Parker could feel the tension that filled the air, though he personally didn't care much about it. If the guy was human still and not a corpse then he obviously had some sort of value. As long as that was true Parker couldn't turn away an introduction, it was like giving up hope on humanity. So, shifting hi shovel around so that it was gripped with his left hand, he reached across the space.

"The name's Parker." He said, offering his hand for the man to shake. "You're a doctor, huh?" Parker then bent down to pick up the remainder of his chips since he had somehow dropped the bag in the confusion when the Doc had approached.

"Mind if I call you Doc?" He asked casually sticking a chip in his mouth. "Course ya' don't! You seem like a good enough fellow." With a laugh he patted Doc on the shoulder, looking over his clothing. "Doc... sorry to say this but you need a change of clothes. Those are just bloody gross..." He flashed a grin, pointing toward the houses. "To be honest all the houses have a good selection of stuff that people left behind. Course if that's not good enough for ya' than a department store or maybe mall?"

The moaning had grown distant. He was on his last two cans of food. The pinging had stopped. The time had come: Lukas could no longer put off leaving his cramped closet. It was such a comfort to him, but at the same time, it was anything but. It was a closet, afterall, and he'd been in here for... How long? Longer than seven seconds.

~

Slowly, Lukas stumbled to his feet. He had to duck down a bit, as a shelf came down to about where his neck was, when standing up straight. The action took more time than he'd like to admit; He'd moved around as much as possible in his time here, but still, he was very stiff and hadn't stood much. He was starting to feel the affects of something take a toll on his body. He wasn't sure what exactly, though. Boredom, lack of sunlight, insanity, malnutrition, dehydration, a combination of all of the above?

The man took in a deep breath and held it for a moment, listening carefully for the sound of shuffling, moaning, or anything on the other side. Whatever it was out there, though, stayed away. It was his chance, he had to take it. He fumbled in the darkness for a while, until eventually, he felt the cold, wooden doorknob brush against the back of his hand. Frozen, he took one last moment to think this over. He knew time for thinking was running low, but still... What was out there?

With yet another deep breath, he grabbed the knob and twisted it, carefully pushing the door open about six inches. The hall, lit by the sunlight washing in from the windows, blinded him. He shielded his eyes for a few seconds, allowing them time to adjust. When he felt confident in his sight, he ducked his head out to peer down the hallway. He'd spent countless hours in these hallways, mopping up spills and pushing dirty pencils, hair, and wrappers around. Silent, he'd always pay close attention to the conversations between students. They never quite made sense, but always made him feel like a bit more part of the world.

Now, though, the only thing the memories did was make him feel empty.

~

Down the hall, Lukas saw a lone man with his back to him, shuffling down the hallway seemingly aimlessly. Feeling a surge of hope, Lukas clutched his machete and called out. "Hey! You good?" In a flash, the 'man' was lunging at him. Lukas only had a split second to react, but miraculously, he made the right decision. He lifted his machete up and, the moment the 'man' was on him, he swung it down into his skull.

Struggling for his breath, Lukas stumbled backwards, not even bothering to remove the machete from the corpse's skull. It flopped down onto the ground, completely lifeless.

Lukas took a few moments to recover, but only a few, and then bent down next to the corpse. Not only was this man dead, but he had been dead for a lot more than a few seconds. His skin was already unnaturally purple and, in some places, rotting. Plus, he had the worst smell Lukas could have imagined. Feeling as if he might hurl, Lukas yanked his machete out and stumbled backwards, then fell onto his butt. What has the world turned into?

Users who are viewing this thread