[Rushing Toward a New Age] Prelude 25 (Jerias and Hanif)

Coyotekin

Catalytic Diplomat
Missing part of the intro. Should have that by tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:35:30 PM] <QuicksilverFox85> "Not a problem I have, I will admit." He smirked as the woman shuffled off. "You seem to have done well for yourself, Jerias. Congratulations."

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:36:40 PM] <coyotekin> "Ah, thank you. Many jobs, traveling, and having learned the ways of trade has helped quite a bit. I am by no means rich, but I am definitely doing well for myself. Such happens with changes in one's life I suppose."

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:48:33 PM] <QuicksilverFox85> "Indeed, indeed. The last few years have been...interesting, but in a good way." At this close a distance, Jerias would easily notice the thin black tattoos that adorn Hanif's hands, appearing to continue under his robes.

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:52:50 PM] <coyotekin> "Ah, those are new. Very intricate work I might add." He said while motioning toward the tatoots. The madame personally returned with the tea, two very lovely girl at her side. "And these two would be more than happy to serve you and keep you company if you should need." she said, giving a cursory glance to Hanif while focusing truly on Jerias. Jerias waved her off. "Thank you for your hospitatility, but

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:52:50 PM] <coyotekin> my friend and I have catching up to do and haven't seen each othr in several years. So, we would like privacy." With that he slid a few silver pieces on the table. And while the girls were quick to grab the coing, the madame was much faster and snatched the coins before the girls could get halfway. She smiled a faux-courteous smile and nodded, and soon Jerias and Hanif were alone.

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:56:29 PM] <QuicksilverFox85> "Hmm?" He glanced at the tattoos, then smirked. "Ah, yes. Got these not too long after we met." He watched the madame and the girls, shaking his head as they departed. "Very odd..."

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:58:07 PM] |Join| Jaxtopher has joined this channel (~Jax@Rizon-C8EFD42B.dartmouth-secure.border2-cfw.dartmouth.edu).

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:59:12 PM] <coyotekin> "Yeah, many different things have changed since we last met. I get a lot more attention than I used to, but I people also listen to what I have to say more often as well. It's come in handy as I worry about Creation at times."

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [04:59:39 PM] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif nods. "What sort of worries do you have?"

[sunday, May 20, 2012] [05:01:10 PM] <coyotekin> "Looking throughout history it's been seen time and again where enemies of Creation sweep in without warning and we are never truly prepared to defend ourselves.""

[17:06] --> You have joined the channel #RushingTowardANewAge (~coyotekin@Rizon-AF756275.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net).

[17:06] *** Channel modes: N, no colors allowed, no messages from outside, private, topic protection, z

[17:06] *** This channel was created on 04/25/12 12:02 PM.

[17:10] <QuicksilverFox85> "That is true. The fae are the best example, of course, but other things have been piling up as of late from what I hear..." He shook his head, frowning.

[17:12] <-- Esbilon has left this server (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).

[17:13] <coyotekin> He nodded, with a slight look of distatste at the mention of the fae. "Yes, they are trouble indeed. Sadly, as bad as they are you are right, they are not the only enemies out there. I feel it is almost my divine mission, to help safeguard Creation against its enemies." He took a drink of the tea and was reminded of how tea was not usually his drink of preference. All the same he drank it down so to not

[17:13] <coyotekin> let it go to waste. "What about yourself, what do you do with yourself nowadays?"

[17:24] <QuicksilverFox85> "Divine mission?" A knowing smirk made its way onto his face. "You have changed, Jerias. Not a bad thing, of course..."

[17:25] <QuicksilverFox85> "I continue as I did when we met, serving as the voice of Sol Invictus as best I can."

[17:29] <coyotekin> "I suppose you can say I serve the sun as well. Although that is not something most want to readily admit in this day and age for fear of many possible punishments." He shifted around a bit, adjusting his long coat. A brief flicker of gold could be seen along the insides, but moving like leather with the coat. "What brought you to such a path?"

[17:31] <QuicksilverFox85> "This place is more open than most, despite the Realm's presence. Two of the People has history with the Sun, so I have been welcomed in some respect." He glanced at the flash of gold and nodded, the stirrings from his bond confirmed.

[17:32] <QuicksilverFox85> He dropped his voice a little lower, oddly canine eyes looking into Jerias'. "How long has it been since He Chose you?"

[17:34] <coyotekin> "About a year or so ago after we first met. You could say that his light burned some new awareness about how things worked and should work in Creation. A tough lesson to be sure." His eyes a deep amber, with the light catching in just the right ways to reveal, or perhaps with a trick of the light, a myriad of colors depending on how you looked into his eyes. "And yourself?" He asked curiously

[17:38] <QuicksilverFox85> "I can imagine." He smirked. "When we met, I had only begun to relearn myself as a man, not as what I had become since She Chose me. Those such as yourself helped me in that fact, so I have offered my services to Him as well as Her."

[17:39] <coyotekin> He looked confused. "What you mean her?""

[17:40] <QuicksilverFox85> "The Argent Mother, my friend."

[17:43] <coyotekin> He stopped to think, his mind moving through references to one ruler or another, or perhaps spirits. It seemed like an eternity to him in his mind, but it was only about a minute to Hanif before realization hit Jerias. "So, you worship them both?"

[17:45] <QuicksilverFox85> "I do. One Chose me, while the Chosen of the other saved me; I thought it fitting."

[17:47] <coyotekin> It dawned on him. "You're a Lunar. That's amazing. You're actually the first of your kind I have ever met. Than again, I am the first of my kind I have met out here too. What I can't yet figure out is why I feel like I know you so well. After all, we only met the one time and spoke very briefly as it was."

[17:55] <QuicksilverFox85> "There are a number of the Chosen outside of town, actually, working under a former Bride to help remove the Realm from this place. Someone with your expertise may be beneficial; the khan is a solid warlord, but I do not think she had much of a plan for what happens afterwards."

[17:56] <QuicksilverFox85> "As for the connection..." He smiled warmly. "Something that was given to us as a whole not long after our Creation. A bond between one Lawgiver and one Steward, meant to last the Ages."

[17:58] <coyotekin> "I wonder why such a bond would be made. So it is meant to make us boon companions and brothers than. I see. Interesting. So I take it you know each of the castes than?"

[18:03] <QuicksilverFox85> "Of those present or in general?"

[18:04] <coyotekin> Utilizing a bit of his Essence he allowed his caste mark to show, that of the Zenith caste.

[18:10] <QuicksilverFox85> "I do, yes." He nodded at the caste mark, smiling. "Right...just as I remember it."

[18:12] <coyotekin> "Than you have a better idea than I do at least. Although I do not feel very priestly. All the same I feel a drive to help the people of Creation have some sort of stability. Thankfully I am working for an organization that is on the right track with it, and I have benefited greatly for it."

[18:14] <QuicksilverFox85> "Oh? And who would that be?"

[18:15] <coyotekin> He hunches closer before looking around and whispering, "The White Lotus. I am told he is a great man, and he seems to be given what he has accomplished so far."

[18:22] <QuicksilverFox85> "Can't say that I have heard of him. Any working towards the good of Creation is a friend of mine, however."

[18:23] <coyotekin> "So what keeps you busy? What do you seek to do with yourself now with these changes?"

[18:25] <QuicksilverFox85> "At the moment, I am offering my assistance to the Bride of Ahlat I mentioned before. Things are building on the horizon, and the Silver Lady saw it fit that I be present for it."

[18:27] <coyotekin> He stopped for moment and held his hand up as if to pause and than waited before moving toward the door and quickly opening one screen and quickly grabbing outward, only to drag in the madame herself. "Hello there. You weren't spying on us by chance? And especially after I was so generous." She seemed a little frightened at first before bringing back her usual bluster and sense of propriety, or the

[18:27] <coyotekin> illusion thereof. "Of course not, I was simply coming to check to see if you either of you honorable customers needed anything else."

[18:28] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif looked at the woman, a bit of steel in those canine eyes.

[18:29] <coyotekin> "What do you think my friend?" He looked ot Hanif. The smell of fear while barely noticeable to anyone else was evident to Hanif's naturally keen senses. The madame brushed Jerias' hands off of her. "If you need nothing than I shall be going."

[18:32] <QuicksilverFox85> A decidedly lupine grin formed on Hanif's face. "I see guilt on her face, my friend."

[18:36] <coyotekin> "I do as well. "Jerias quickly shut the screen in front of her before she had a chance to do anything. "I think you should let us know what you were up lest you find some difficulties for yourself. Your business could fall, your reputation could be destroyed, or....perhaps I could make a better deal than what you have been offered. " He said to her, lips so near her ear. She cringed a bit at the threats,

[18:36] <coyotekin> proof to the Exalteds' keen eyes of her guilt. Upon hering of a potential counter-offer her breath caught slightly, but barely enough for most to notice. "Ha, what could you offer that I could ever want?" She asked with utter contempt, although she didn't attempt to leave.

[18:56] <-- QuicksilverFox85 has left this server (Quit: Leaving.).

[18:57] --> QuicksilverFox85 has joined this channel (~Caitlin@Rizon-4B18F1A0.hsd1.fl.comcast.net).

[19:03] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif stood, those steel-filled eyes locked onto the woman. He let Jerias do the talking for the moment, though; if anything, he was curious to see what the man could do.

[19:07] <coyotekin> The woman slowly turned around as she heard Jerias whisper to her. "I can make any wish that you have come true. Nor harm comes to another from it, even though you may desire that. In return you may do nothing to directly or indirectly bring harm to me or my friend here." The woman blinked as part of her realized his words rang true. Disbelife, confusion, hope, and several other emotions moved across her

[19:07] <coyotekin> face within but a few seconds. "That's it? Nothing else? Nothing dangerous?" She asked him. In response he simply nodded.

[19:13] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif nodded as well.

[19:15] <coyotekin> She had been holding her breath and didn't even realize it. A slight smile came to her lips. "Ok, I accept." While she seemed very skeptical given the circumsances there was enough of a glimmer of hope in her eyes to reveal to them her need for this to succeed. "Umm, when will I...." she asked a little hesitantly like being afraid of opening her eyes and losing the dream. "Whisper in my ear what you most

[19:15] <coyotekin> wish for and within a week's time, perhaps sooner, you will notice your wish coming true." Jerias spoke

[19:17] <coyotekin> With that, like some young girl giddy with barely-supressed excitement she leaned forward and whispered into his ear. "He smiled softly, perhaps holding back a chuckle as well, while nodding to her. "Yes." He said to her barely whispered request. In with that acknowledgement she hurried off, barely able to keep the expected decorum of a madame of such a prized teahouse.

[19:19] <QuicksilverFox85> The harsh edge melted away as the woman scampered off, a low chuckle coming from the Lunar as he retook his seat. "That worked well. What did she ask for?"

[19:21] <coyotekin> "Tsk tsk. You should know that wishes are made in secret." He winked. "It was harmless anyway and not what I expected." He chuckled. "She'll e happy either way and we can visit here in the future and not be snooped on. Nice trade-off I like to think."

[19:24] <QuicksilverFox85> "Of course, of course." Hanif smirked. "A small safe haven is good to have wherever you go."

[19:26] <coyotekin> "Too true, and ever since the..... change, I have found those fewer are far between. It helps having so much experience with people throughout the years to figure out what they might need or want. And when I actually come through, much to their surprise, I gain an ally."

[19:29] <QuicksilverFox85> "Indeed, indeed. Something I've had to relearn, I will admit."

[19:30] <coyotekin> "So, you were mentioning a Bride of Ahlat earlier. She was Chosen you say?"

[19:35] <QuicksilverFox85> "That she is. Member of the Dawn caste. I know of at least one other Lawgiver at the camp, but I do not know what castes. There are also at least two other Lunars...as well as one of the fae that has the Dawn's ear more than I would prefer." He frowned slightly. "At the moment, those in the camp other than the Chosen believe me to be a mortal priest, which I prefer to maintain for the time being. Makes thing

[19:37] <coyotekin> His eyebrows areched at the mention of a Fae "advisor". "A Fae? Don't those fools no any better than to trust one? The Fae have ways of draining you dry of your soul with words like sugar, and suggestions of honey." He shook his head.

[19:40] <QuicksilverFox85> "I would have thought so, but the fae had already become firmly entrenched by the time I arrived. I have been keeping an eye on her as best as I can; if it shows its true colors, it will be dealt with."

[19:41] <coyotekin> "Good, I am glad we are in agreement." He then stops for a moment, taking a moment to gather his words. "What do you think of demons summoned for service?"

[19:49] <QuicksilverFox85> "I am hesitant to call upon the Yozi-kin myself, but I can...understand their uses."

[19:57] <coyotekin> He simply nodded to her. "I have learned the ways of Sorcery and understand the oaths that their kind were put under. So as part of their masters' surrender they are to serve the Exalted loyally."

[20:00] <QuicksilverFox85> He nodded in return. "One of the Lunars at the camp is also a sorcerer; you may want to speak with him on that front."

[20:01] <coyotekin> "Ah, good. Than he will understand. I would hate to give the wrong impression when I should summon one or so to get things done. Mind you, it is not uncommon for Sorcerers to summon them as servants anywhere throughout Creation." He smiled, relieved.

[20:02] <QuicksilverFox85> "I am aware, but I am still not fond of the practice myself."

[20:04] <coyotekin> "Well, I can respect that. Maybe in time you will learn to appreciate their uses and purposes as I do."

[20:05] <QuicksilverFox85> "Perhaps...I've dealt in strangers things, besides."

[20:06] <coyotekin> "So, do you think your companions would seek to meet me?" He asked while nodding at his response.

[20:08] <QuicksilverFox85> "I imagine they would. From what I can tell there isn't one among them that is particularly well-versed in the logistical side of things. Warriors, medics, scholars...those we have covered."

[20:10] <coyotekin> "Ah, good, than I might actually be able to be of use. I admit I am not as outspoken, publicly that is, when it comes to the standards of my Caste I believe. I prefer to work more so behind the scenes to make sure things get done in an efficient and orderly fashion."

[20:13] <QuicksilverFox85> "My take on things as well. I've come to learn that most Chosen flaunt their abilities. Subtlety is more appropriate at times, though."

[20:14] <coyotekin> "They all have their point and purpose, but I seek to accomplish something great. And its survival is dependant upon not being noticed for the most part. That way things can be accomplished to make sure Creation is a better and safer place. So I really wish to see what The White Lotus has planted come to fruition." He said with passion and hope.

[20:17] <QuicksilverFox85> "Indeed. What do you know of the man, out of curiosity?"

[20:19] <coyotekin> "From what I've gathered he may have worked with or for The Guild at some point, but the stories go that wealth and power were not his focus so he left. And yet, it is whispered that he studied similar techniques that the Guild's founder did, seeking to find a way for Creation to support itself through interaction and shared civilization."

[20:21] <QuicksilverFox85> "Interesting...A goal I can certainly get behind."

[20:23] <coyotekin> "Agreed. To be part of something so large, so that no matter what sort of enemy attacks Creation will always find a way to survive. And perhaps, just maybe, we could somehow raise the bar for those living in true poverty. The First Age held many high standards and worked together so much better. To even get a piece of that would be an amazing start."

[20:26] <QuicksilverFox85> "Indeed. I long to see the day that the Host can come together as it once did and make this world whole again. It happened once before, and I think it could happen again."

[20:29] <coyotekin> "Now if only it could be done in times other than war." He stood up. "Come, show me to this camp." He opened the screen door, motioned for the madame. "Thank you for your time. This is for you." He gave her several silver pieces, much to her surprise. "And you are starting to look so vibrant. Very lovely indeed."

[20:31] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif stood and followed, giving the madame a nod.

[20:32] <coyotekin> They left the teahouse with several waves toward them from pretty ladies, even a couple waving specifically at Hanif. "Seems you got some attention there. And not too bad looking from what I could see as we left." He winked playfully.

[20:34] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif looked to the women in question and smirked, but did give them a polite nod. "That I somehow doubt."

[20:36] <coyotekin> "My friend, it is not always about the physical looks. Surprisingly enough, as most of us take forever to realize, if at all, is that it is about how you carry yourself. Your confidence in yourself, your abilities, who you are, make a world of difference. Trust me on this, I have quite a few years of experience in this."

[20:37] <QuicksilverFox85> "...perhaps." He gave the women another look, then shook his head and chuckles. "Perhaps."

[20:39] <coyotekin> "Besides, a well-muscled man like you, confident in your path as a priest, the exotic tattoos, as well as the walk of a warrior goes a long way. It means you have endurance and go after what you desire." He lightly elbowed Hanif good-naturedly

[20:41] <QuicksilverFox85> That actually elicits a laugh. "I will admit, such things have not crossed my mind in some time."

[20:45] <coyotekin> "Think about it. You should relax now and again and be able to smile." They continued to walk, eventually being intercepted by the exotic beauty Hanif saw speaking to Jerias earlier. "Sir, dinner will be prepared on time as commanded. The gear and purchases are in order, and the crew have made the appropriate arragements ahead of schedule." He smiled. "Wonderful. For such efficiency they may drink and find

[20:45] <coyotekin> revelry in town. Remind them to be ready on time in the morning." She nodded and walked awaym her every movement a sensual prayer answered for those watching.

[20:49] <QuicksilverFox85> Hanif nodded to the woman, smiling slightly. "I can relax quite well, thank you. Just in other ways."

[20:50] <coyotekin> He arched an eyebrow at that one. "Do tell."

[20:51] <QuicksilverFox85> "Going hunting, for one. The jungles around the camp are rather lush."

[20:55] <coyotekin> "Hunting has never been a past time of mine, but I am still capable enough all the same. Mind you, I prefer hunting of a different sort, but that can wait for another time anyway." He smiled wryly at his own words

[20:56] <QuicksilverFox85> "I see." He smirked in reply, continuing on out of the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back