RpN Newsletter - January

Would you like to see a recipe of the month in the Newsletters?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fellows

The One Account to Rule Them All
RpN Newsletter

xxx
Ello Lovelies!

I'm sure you're wondering what this new thing is all about. Well, thanks to the wonderful suggestion from your local @Fellows, we will have a monthly newsletter! You can expect this Newsletter to have an overview of past news/updates, and other various information that we hope will interest you, such as site statistics and monthly-themed events! The awesomer part in all this, is that it's all pieced together by the Fellows; written by them, and content ideas approved by them. I'll be the one making sure that you lovelies are getting your monthly newsletter on time and that it looks pretty, but everything else is done by the Fellows.

That doesn't mean you can't also contribute! This Newsletter is for you, and new ideas are always welcome. If you have any ideas that you believe that we should consider for inclusion in a future Newsletter, please send me a PM, and I'll run it by the Fellows!

Please Enjoy!

~ @Darth Pai[/size]​

[/fieldset]

xxx
Featured Novel and Song

The first of January: An exciting day, full of wishes, hopes and firecrackers. What better for the quiet after the smoke than a good book and a nice song? This month's Book of the Month and Song of the Month Celebrate one arrival and one departure on this special day.

Book of the Month

Those of you studying literature might recognize J.D. Salinger, one of the American great authors. He is most known for Catcher in the Rye, a tumultuous journey through teenage rebellion, and a favorite of high school and collegiate studies alike. The pick of this month, however, highlights some of his lesser known works. @Dusky wants to kick her depression for good, find a medicine that works, and get her life in order!

[*]@Silent Justice wants to get a girlfriend/boyfriend!

[*]@cloudyblueday wants to figure out and focus on what makes her happy, devote more time to watching how-to art videos, play less video games, spend less time on RPN (it's too addictive!), work out her complicated relationship with music, and stop procrastinating!

[*]@LotusSan wants to make people more aware of problems faced by the trans community!

[*]
@Aura Of Twilight wants to get further used to college (stop procrastinating, make more friends, etc.), improve her writing skills, and build up her self confidence!

You can find the thread here if you are interested!

~

@Syrenrei

[/size]
x
Site Updates

We had several updates to the site this month. Below I've summarized the updates, but I have also provided some links for you to go to the actual News & Update thread if you're curious to know more.

(New) Emoticons

Pooka has created new emoticons for the website! You can view the thread on it here. Shout out to Pineapple for helping implement the new emoticons for us. You may notice that the admins also have some customized emoticons that are relative to their names and/or avatars on the site.

(New) Customizable Sidebar

Thanks to Pineapple and Miz, you can now customize your sidebar. Click here to find our post detailing how! You can toggle to view Fellows on your sidebar like Administrators and Moderators, and you can also change the links that display on your sidebar to be more of what you personally want and need to be there.

(Update) Serious Discussion Forum

The Serious Discussions forums has had an update that you can read about here. A moderator is now required to approve your access to that section before you can post.

(New) Search for Roleplayers

We now have a new Search for Roleplayers function on the website thanks to the efforts of Pineapple and Ghan. You can find instructions here and how to use this function to not only find roleplayers, but to make sure you can be found by GMs! There is a new section to your profile that allows you to select your preferred genres as well as what type you enjoy. Hopefully this will make it easier for you to find groups and recruit for RPs in addition to our recruitment forums.

(New) Chat

Earlier this month I'm sure you noticed we introduced a new chat system that we trialled for a short while. Dark Wizard's announcement of it is here. The Shoutbox button on your top bar now says "Chat" and you have a little bar/button on the bottom right corner that says "Chat Rooms" too. You can use these to enter our shiny new chat channel and you can also send instant messages to people on the site!

(New) Prefixes and Recruitment Changes

Last but not least, you might have noticed there have been updates to both the prefixes for roleplays and recruitment forums! Read the details here. Roleplay prefixes are now simple, casual, or detailed instead of their former novice, intermediate, and advanced- this should reflect roleplay preferences rather than trying to nuance skill/experience. The recruitment forum is now named Interest Checks to help clarify the purpose of the forum: to present fully written out ideas of what you want to RP! 1x1 Recruitment is now renamed Looking for Partners for the same reason- clarity. Advertise in that forum to find the partner or partners of your private roleplay dreams!

~

@Syrenrei

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Fellow-kun! This is so wonderful I bet User-Senpai is going to notice you (>:<)

The song and book of the month are diddly darn Amazing choices if I might say so I also like the new updates along with the emoticons so that is something that people are liking too (^.^)

[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]Might I suggest in the future, featuring works by members too? :D That would be awesome, giving the little guys a shoutout.

[/QUOTE]
Might I ask specifically what you mean? There are two features that show work completed by other members (tutorial and creative discussion) and there will be a third (featured roleplay) which will display work from at least two users on the site.

[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]Might I suggest in the future, featuring works by members too? :D That would be awesome, giving the little guys a shoutout.

[/QUOTE]
We will have a RPotM, which Esme and Kagura will feature a roleplay by a member. There will also be a MotM, which a member will be featured. Along with that, there is a Creativity Discussion feature, a General Discussion feature, and a Tutorial feature, all of which are done by members of the site. The Gen Discussion feature just so happens to be Grey's this round since we wanted to get that current project seen by other members. Next month, it'll be a different thread.

Unless you had something esle in mind? :D

So happy and surprised to see my short story is featured in this first Newsletter! :) I'll keep writing and posting some bits and pieces on this forum, so I hope you'll enjoy my stories!

Auren said:
We will have a RPotM, which Esme and Kagura will feature a roleplay by a member. There will also be a MotM, which a member will be featured. Along with that, there is a Creativity Discussion feature, a General Discussion feature, and a Tutorial feature, all of which are done by members of the site. The Gen Discussion feature just so happens to be Grey's this round since we wanted to get that current project seen by other members. Next month, it'll be a different thread.
Unless you had something esle in mind? :D
Sorry it was late when I replied xD I meant for those of us who are authors with published works! I know there's a fair few of us lurking around here. Perhaps even swap out, one time a writer. The next a painter/crafter etc etc.

[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]Sorry it was late when I replied xD I meant for those of us who are authors with published works! I know there's a fair few of us lurking around here. Perhaps even swap out, one time a writer. The next a painter/crafter etc etc.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, that would take the @Fellows being acquainted with such published members and for them to consider that person's work for a feature. The hardest part here is knowing someone has published works that aren't advertised here on RpN.

[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]True, but that may be solvable via thread? *shrug* It was just an idea

[/QUOTE]
I'll see what the Fellows think. :3

Just noticed something, but the link to the creativity discussion thread of the month is broken as it was mispelt 'rpantion'. Anyhow, good job with everything folks! :D

SkyGinge said:
Just noticed something, but the link to the creativity discussion thread of the month is broken as it was mispelt 'rpantion'. Anyhow, good job with everything folks! :D
Fixed xD

Thanks for catching that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread