• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RPN Discord Server?

I dunno their business model. I assume for a site this size we'd have to pay. I'm also not sure how much I would personally use it.

That said, voice chat like teamspeak or ventrilo has been a pretty good addition to a few online communities I've been a part of, mainly gaming clans/groups and tends to encourage people to get to know eachother. I could also see it making some elements of an RP easier to write.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's completely free.

Then again I haven't looked too much into the pricing.

I was just thinking cause I read when SB got taken away, I saw a few people who primarily use mobile found that the teamspeak app cost money.

[come out of corner] OMG that discord thing is so... so CLEAN.

even if there's no official discord server for rpn due to costs or upkeep or anything, couldn't we make an unofficial one?

then again on their page they advertised to "small groups of friends or large guilds" so maybe? though the final decision whether or not to make an official one is up to the staff. ramble over.

p.s. i'm going to try to get my skype group to use this. because two of them play tf2 all the time and we can't hear eachotheer talk over their tf2. [grumble, grumble] ramble 2 over. [hides in corner hoping not to be noticed]

It's looking to me like it's completely free. I like how fast the homepage loaded, even as fancy as it is, and it would be nice to have that more accessible on mobile. I think this could be a nice option worth looking into. :D

i've only delved in a wee bit, but there seems to be custom-set ranks with permissions. and the ability to be in say "tf2" voice chat, but "general conversation" text chat. [blame the tf2 category on my friend]

there is also the ability to have users be moved to an afk chat after a set period of time (customizable), and some other cool things, which i would explain but i feel like i'm fangirling this or something. (can you even fangirl an app?) oh well, i should stop being overly helpful right at this moment...

Zbs6z0h.png

HNht3B2.png

arFsEgZ.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back