• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RpN 2.0 -Teaser-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meredith said:
We're trying to be up-front with you guys as we can. I'm sorry that you don't feel the initial announcement was enough, but it's been sent and is hardly getting changed, seeing as this thread has already been seen by over 650 users.
Complaining isn't productive - asking questions is. Questions you guys had were answered. That's why we don't lock update threads. :P

Which brings me back to the point of this thread - does anyone have any questions?
Yes, so, would coding on this site self-destruct (for a lack of a better term) because of the new change? And since I'm really drowsy right now and I'm half-listening/reading everything... The current system with BBCoding and such breaks something right?

Meredith said:
But it's been said lots of glitches are getting their own buttons, so long as they're not site-breaking. :P
But does that mean they'll be carried over, because wouldn't they be differently coded? (I'm not a coder, apart from BBCode)

Oh oops I'm asking a ton of already asked questions...

Though I'm sure I'm thinking rather cynically about this. Old habits die hard amirite? I'm sure it gives an oppurtunity for others who didn't learn BBCoding to produce same results. ^^

So about the ETA. Is it somewhere at the END of this year, or roughly, in a month or so?

Gives me time to brace.

Ooh, actually while I'm here.

What's up with conversations? Because my BBCode always seems to die a little/get shrunk together if I ever try to send them through conversations. It's just a small awkward thing that I noticed and wondered why it happened

GingerBread said:
Ooh, actually while I'm here.
What's up with conversations? Because my BBCode always seems to die a little/get shrunk together if I ever try to send them through conversations. It's just a small awkward thing that I noticed and wondered why it happened
It's because the message size thingy is smaller, so naturally BGs, borders, and etc. would try to adapt to that change with... varying results.

mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/4930-meredith/ said:
@Meredith[/URL]
Which I want to see what makes it over and what not. =w= / That and the possible giant thread of suggestions and what not in what to transfer over to the new system. So, thangs won't disappear.
Pyosimros said:
Yes, so, would coding on this site self-destruct (for a lack of a better term) because of the new change? And since I'm really drowsy right now and I'm half-listening/reading everything... The current system with BBCoding and such breaks something right?
GingerBread said:
But does that mean they'll be carried over, because wouldn't they be differently coded? (I'm not a coder, apart from BBCode)
@mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y

Maybe you could make a suggestion thread in Site Questions and Information recording glitches you guys would like to see? Like a sort of... coder's collaborative venture, to have people look at?

@Pyosimros

After this update (which is a big one) BBCode tags won't work. That is, they can't be typed into the text box. We're just going to be using buttons on the editor instead. @TheDarkWizard knows more, but most BBCode should carry over. :)

@GingerBread

I know TheDarkWizard is working on that - that's more of a 'him' question - but most (if not all) BBCodes should carry over, to my knowledge.

Pyosimros said:
So about the ETA. Is it somewhere at the END of this year, or roughly, in a month or so?
It should be some time before 2017 - other than that, we're not sure.

Pyosimros said:
It's because the message size thingy is smaller, so naturally BGs, borders, and etc. would try to adapt to that change with... varying results.
Ahh, that's annoying. Sucks when I try to show code to people when it's like half done or something :/

I assume it's smaller because of the sidebar? I wonder if that could be put at the bottom or something, so that the page could be full size, and maybe limit the number of pages allowed to 20 or something like that

Or a shared private workshop would be great, though I guess that means less now that the BBCode is changing, or maybe not. I dunno

Meredith said:
Quite alright, @Stickdom ! We're all confident that you guys are going to like this.
Also, @GingerBread - it is a more flexible system. We are improving on a system that is going to break when the site updates - and keep in mind, this update does a lot more than just overhaul BBCode.

This system is going to update the text editor and hopefully make coding more useful and accessible. :)

If you guys would like to ask questions about the update (bbcode, the app, colours) that you have, feel free. This is getting really repetitive, though~
Regarding the change of the BBcode, but in a different note: Since the removal of the BBcode isn't necessarily retroactive, what's going to happen to the myriad posts which are literally filled with coding? Are they going to stay the same or will we have to go back and redo all of them?

Stickdom said:
Regarding the change of the BBcode, but in a different note: Since the removal of the BBcode isn't necessarily retroactive, what's going to happen to the myriad posts which are literally filled with coding? Are they going to stay the same or will we have to go back and redo all of them?
Most coding should carry over. :)

[QUOTE="Vladimir Amikov]So, it takes the joy out of learning BBCode. Welp, there goes that out the window.

[/QUOTE]
You still have to learn how to use the buttons. :)

Plus, there's around a million other things in the update. Have any questions about 'em?

Meredith said:
You still have to learn how to use the buttons. :)
Plus, there's around a million other things in the update. Have any questions about 'em?
I bet it's really hard to use a button. Sooooooooo complicated. *voice dripping joking sarcasm*

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Vladimir Amikov]I bet it's really hard to use a button xD

[/QUOTE]
It's hard to use a button when you don't have fingers. The struggles that Staff-chan faces...

[QUOTE="Vladimir Amikov]I'm sure it can't be as complex as you say it is, though.

[/QUOTE]
Well, no. Typed BBCode won't work after the update, though, and buttons should making coding easier for the average user.

It looks like it'll still be fun to play around with, though~

Meredith said:
Well, no. Typed BBCode won't work after the update, though, and buttons should making coding easier for the average user.
It looks like it'll still be fun to play around with, though~
I hope so. I was really hoping to get the motivation to learn it, though.

Meredith said:
It's hard to use a button when you don't have fingers. The struggles that Staff-chan faces...
[QUOTE="Vladimir Amikov]Aw, that sucks.
I'm sure it can't be as complex as you say it is, though.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe she can push them with her Shark fins :o !

Fullmetal32 said:
Will it be for Android and iPhone?
@Fullmetal32[/URL] -

I do beleive it'll be on Andriod, but I know it'll be out on Apple devices.

@Vladimir Amikov

I get that, yeah. There's still some time hurry hurry

@The Dark Wizard

I'd assume buttons would be easier to push than tags would be to type. But still... I've heard rumors that staff-chan uses her microphone to dictate most of her writing on the site. Care to confirm or deny those allegations? :P

[QUOTE="CRiTiCAL ERR0R]edit;; HTML capabilities mayhaps be an option?

[/QUOTE]
Not sure if this was mentioned in the past 10 pages or I just missed it, but I need to know. Is there any chance for the new editing system thingy ma jiggy can support html coding? pls, I need something to fill in this growing hole in my heart.

I'm excited for all the other updates c;

Profile customization seems cool (I guess my pure, innocent profile will be no more in the near future)

I'm really curious about what PM enhancements will be implemented. (no joke, is it possible to give us more details)

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Better RP search, much more powerful activity system that can be tailored to your exact needs.

[/QUOTE] If this is gonna be exactly what I am thinking...ily
Can't wait to get the app as well <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yunn said:
Can't wait to get the app as well
I am so exited for the app I think I just might have to flip. Might though.. [textsize=70]might..[/textsize]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back