Idea π“‚€ 𝙍𝙋 π™Œπ™π™€π™Žπ™π™„π™Šπ™‰ π“‚€

KaramelKarma

Κœα΄Ι΄α΄‡ΚΚΚ, α΄‘Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄‡'s ᴍʏ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄ sᴜΙͺα΄› ?!
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
PREMISE
Decided to shoot my shot and ask if anyone would be interested in a battle royale for the ultimate prize type of RP? Just to clarify, this is NOT an official interest check! Just a gauge to see if an RP like this will pick up!

❀ The basis of the RP will be the animes Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night. Knowledge/viewing of the anime itself wouldn't be necessary!

❀ If you are interested, don't hesitate to show it by liking this post or by commenting down below. I will also gladly accept advice/help on this project in the form of a co-GM or two!

These are the few fundamental ideas I have:

SETTING
The setting would most likely be an alternate city from the anime's original Fuyuki City, or even an entirely new, exotic place.

PLOT
The plot would center around the Holy Grail War, where seven Masters chosen by the Grail itself will be equipped with their own personal Servant (reincarnated heroes of legend and myth summoned from across all ages) to a fight to the death, the Holy Grail being the ultimate prize!

❀ The rules would all apply, though I do want to tweak a few to make it more flexible.

❀ For those unfamiliar with the anime (therefore you would not know the workings of the Holy Grail War), no worries! I will make sure to provide a comprehensive guide to the way the War is conducted within the IC itself (I plan on using a good IC bbcode for this RP as well). The plot of the animes will have no bearing on the RP.

❀ Though the foundation of the RP would be a simple battle royale, the relationships between contestants will be crucial in deciding the outcome of the RP, and provide a truly profound, engaging dimension to the fighting itself.

❀ By relationships, I am referring to the alliances and rivalry forged between Masters, as well as the personal relationships between a Master and their Servant.

CHARACTERS
There would be 7 Servants paired with 7 Masters, making this a 14-player deal. Of course that is an astronomical number, so depending on the interest, I will cut that number down to 4-5. Another option would be to let people play double (they would be allowed to play one Servant and one Master, but no Master-Master or Servant-Servant).

❀ Part of the fun will be the fact that two people will be paired together, one as a Master and one as the Servant. The pairing decision will be made by me (as well as a possible co-GM), and the players will not know. However, if two people want to be together (especially if they have cool ideas for a relationship, powers, etc), then I will gladly make exceptions!

MISC
Players will be able to choose from existing Servants (not Masters) from the anime, or create their own Servant or Master. Which means they can create their own Noble Phantasms too (I'll have to take an active role to make sure it isn't totally OP, etc; though). For those unfamiliar, Noble Phantasms are what a Fatality Move is to a Mortal Kombat character!

❀ The Servant/Master roles will be applicant-based, but depending on interest I can switch it to reserve!

❀ FCs would be anime, but depending on the style I can allow realistic drawings as well!

❀ This would be pretty close to a semi-literate RP because of its philosophical nature, so writing samples may be a thing in the character sheet!

CONCERNS
Because this is a battle royale, characters will die. Now, I was trying to think of a way to kind of circumvent this, but, especially taking into consideration the anime, this will have to be a fact that players deal with. The upside is, players will have a chance to be prepared and end their characters in a very meaningful, plot-impacting way.

❀ Another concern is figuring out a way I can design the RP in a realistic, functional fashion. I will take more time to research and try out methods like the Dice function here on RPnation.

TLDR
I hope this little appetizer gains enough interest so I could take the main course seriously and get to working on actually creating it!

❀ Those who do this will be apart of a tag list on the real deal once it's up on the Group Interest thread!

Alright, I've said my piece! A good cup of tea is awaiting my attention so this is sayonara, fellow RPers β™‘

Last edited:
Awhile ago I considered running a high fantasy battle royale RP. They can be tough, though, since a lot of players simply don't like the idea of killing off their characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back