Experiences RP Groups, the good, the bad, the ugly.

I found that groups within the single digits can be fun, but bigger groups can lead to a harder time trying to integrate. Also, I do think that medium matters in that something like Discord has greater potential of activity due to its ease of access.

I found that groups within the single digits can be fun, but bigger groups can lead to a harder time trying to integrate. Also, I do think that medium matters in that something like Discord has greater potential of activity due to its ease of access.
in my experience, Discord is great for organizing you world building. espeially if you have multiple people in multiple places in your setting. But the actual space for RPing on Discord sucks so bad. It is not geared for people that lay down heavy entries. that character limit is a buzz kill.

And my problem with /discord groups has always been this:

1.Joins group

2.Fills out stupid self roles and makes introduction "Hi everyone, dur-dee-dur"

3. Goes through laborious task of reading lore, coming up with a character and then editing, re-editing, then re-editing again until the character is copacetic with the approval team

4. Post character to accepted channel

5.Make a "Looking for RP" post, to include the kind of RP narrative I'd like to undertake.

6. Waits a day or two

7.Bumps the "Looking for RP" post

8. Repeat steps 6 and 7, ad infinitum

9. Leaves group after deleting character from accepted channel

10. searches for new Discord group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back