• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

[Rough Draft]The Gaze

To refrain from the pretentious, overtly in depth, and ridiculously too long review and critique that we writers so often feel the necessity to give, I will say only this. I liked it, for its simplicity, its length, and its thought provoking quality; a well written piece that I enjoyed reading.

Good luck with the contest!

Thank you, I have my hopes high for this one. Any suggestions you feel the story needs?

I can not suggest any actual change, that is something you as the author must take upon yourself, otherwise it stops being yours and becomes a collective attempt at what we might call, "Good Literature." I can tell you what I got out of your writing, and then you can see if that is what you want your readers to get out of it. I thought the part that describes the dust coming out of the painting was very dramatic, and unrealistic. That is not a negative comment, I just don't know if that is was how you intended it to be. When I read it I had the image of a finger size hole on the painting quite literally "spewing" and "gushing" dust from itself like a water spout might spew water.

By change of course, I mean ways to alter my writing to further enhance my points and not to directly alter them. I may have overdone the description on it, I attempted to heavily emphasize the destruction of the portrait and thus give more symbolic emphasis to the destruction of "god" in a sense. Hence why the small touch completely demolished the portrait, which would not be all that realistic but it does give off surreal imagery which I did not intend but kept because it seemed alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back