• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rookie's Stage | West Wing |

The Regal Rper

Mad Scientist

tumblr_mmt1ogRbns1r8zaxto1_500.gif

West Wing
The right wing of DWMA and the area that holds classes many of the magic based classes found in the Magi Curriculum. Like the East Wing, the format is very much the same with intricate staircases, complex hallways and secret passages. The only difference being four alchemy labs for potion making located on each floor, three rooms located in the Aethrmy Casting room; a room used for spell casting and target practice. nd a open field at the back of DWMA northwest from the academy's gardens.

This field usually acts as a flight practice camp for both departments of the EAT and Magi curriculum. But on occasion the field has been used to teach students about the sentient Mythics themselves.

Last edited:
Owen smiled listlessly to himself whilst he scribbled hasty doodles onto a pad of paper on his thigh; it wasn't that he didn't care about his Soul Studies class enough to listen, but he didn't have much interest in something he had already learnt from his... soulmate? The scribbles were done without him looking, his eyes' locked ahead of him on his chattering teacher whilst his wrist moved behind his desk. The doodles were nothing important, just emblems and made-up insignia, a handful of stylised signatures that he was thinking of making use of. He was broken from his listless daze as a meek looking old man waddled into his classrom; the stumpy man took a couple of steps towards the teacher, whispered in her ear for a few seconds, and promptly waddles away. The teacher sighed to herself and looked straight at Owen.

Her voice was nasally, but sharp "Owen Hartworth, you are to leave class now, and head to the West Wing; knock on the door besides the storage department on the first floor."

Owen slipped his notepad into his satchel and stood up, slinging it over his shoulder and onto his side. "Yes ma'am; any reason to leave my bag here? or should I just take it with me?" he beamed a smile, loosening his grip on his satchel strap, ready to respond to eother answer

"I don't know how long you'll be, so just take it with you, get's it out of my hair anyways and I won't be hanging around after class" she sighed again to herself and waved her hand to the door, as if to usher him out of the room a little faster.

He did just that; and was out of the room before she returned to the chalkboard. It was a leisurely stroll; he didn't run, but didn't dawdle; it didn't take him long to get to the West Wing and find the door he was supposed to knock on.

KNOCK KNOCK
At the very least, it looks like someone has fixed our boredom problem, the ZooKeep is a fun place... it depends on what you consider fun to be though.. It's atleast interesting"

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

ebdd11a5658a88ca057e804b06f63024.jpg

ZooKeep

A knock on the old wooden door was all that was needed to get a response. On Owen's third knock, a spyhole emerged and after but a second, the peek hole blinked. Fish-eye lens gained a bright yellow dot of light that swiveled down to look at the boy below and after staring at Owen for one good long minute, the door's peephole blinked again, closed then rescinded back into the mass of peeling paint that had been slowly chipping off the wooden door for who knows how many years.

For a good few seconds, nothing happened as Owen was made to wait. Then all of a sudden the brass door knob turned, twitched, and like the peephole- submerged itself into the metal strike plate of the door lock only to be replaced with a new door knob that cried with the face of an eagle and the mane of a lion. This new door knob spoke and it said the following in a low, pleasing voice.

"Owen Hartworth? Welcome to ZooKeep. Miss Morgana and Miss Amy will be waiting for you atop Plush Meadows. Follow the red trail to their location and do not deviate from that path. The mythics do not like being disturbed at these hours.."

With that said the sapient door knob opened the door thus allowing bright light to fill the narrow hallway in which Owen presided and without any warning the ground ascended where Owen stood, only to slide him inside the magical room just as the door closed behind him and returned to a normal one back at the academy.

Once the young lad regained his senses, he'd find four trails presented before him; each trail had an archway at its entrance, each archway possessing an array of different flowers. Four trails, four colors. Red brick road paved the center, white was at the far right, green was at the far left, and black paved a path next to red. All joined at the center where Owen now stood on plain grey pavement, now all he had to do was pick one.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Owen didn't second guess himself as he strode forwards to the red trail after recalling his instructions. The sudden change of scenery with the door was something he though to be somewhat unsettling, but it was par for the course in this place.
Don't be a bore, go on a wild ride in the ZooKeep, I wanna see some cool stuff, you life is boring as hell, don't even do any killin n' shit
Not doing this, I'm following the path I should be following; fun or not, I don't think it's best to disobey instruction

Fuckin lame...
He carried on down the trail, following along as he whistles to himself gently, a soft, melodic tune, though nothing recognizable as an excerpt from a song or hymn.

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

At the end of the trail, Owen would find a metal archway with stairs that led up a slope towards a small hill. The archway glowed the colors of the rainbow and the lights trapped within twinkled, sparked, shifted and turned, only changing into one particular color that matched that of the student's wavelength as he passed under it before resuming its ever bizarre transition and shift from color to color.

Once he reached the top of those stairs, Plush Meadows came into view and with it came the warmth of a strong breeze. Tall grass and the distant view of a lake greeted Owen's vision with a bridge to close the gap from one end of the lake to the other. Not too far away from that bridge was a copse of trees that stretched out into a forest where other Mythics no doubt presided. And sitting on vibrant green grass, no more than a few meters away from the entrance to that forest, were two women, one very large feline-like creature...thing, and two glasses of orange juice.

One of these women, looked in Owen's direction, and while her expression couldn't be seen, the half-elf prof. waved the boy over from her seat. Once Owen got there, the first thing one of the two women asked with a bright smile was: "So? What do you think?" she asked with one hand gesturing around the scenery, while another continued to pet the sleeping giant panther like beast resting its head on her lap.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Owen smiled in response to being addressed "It's a nice place, peaceful, and relatively quiet in comparison to the hustle and bustle of death city; I quite like it"
Say 'that is a very big pussy'
Don't be gross
Do it
God no why would I even say that
It would be fucking hilarious
As well as being rude and uncalled for?
YES!
Not happening
He kept his smile as he took a couple of steps closer to the two, cocking his head slightly and letting his eyes stray to the beast he was approaching "She or a he?"

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

A short looking, tufted-pointy ear twitched and the lithe yet clearly built black feline without whiskers made a point to snort then shift it's head away from whatever direction that intruding voice was stemming from. "She", the woman responded, speaking lightly and pausing her soothing pets to allow the predator time to adjust. "Her name's Kuva." She said with a fond smile. "Hope you won't mind her being unresponsive, she had a lot to eat and she tends to get sleepy after a big meal and get grumpy if she doesn't get her five hours." The instructor stated, continuing to run her fingers through Kuva's line patterned coat when a gentle nudge came from the feline's head.

Odd way of phrasing it wasn't it. How could any animal, let alone a Mythic be responsive in anyway or form? Even if they were magical creatures, not all of them understood what was being said right? Whatever the case was no thought could be put into it, as a new voice joined the discussion.

"I suppose you're probably wondering why we called you here." The other woman, blonde, maybe a few inches shorter and farther away- resting among the trees said, called really. She was at best no more than a meter away from where the woman with light brown waves sat and no more than a few inches added to where Owen stood. From where she sat a closed magazine was in her hand, but now her almost amber red eyes focused on the young meister in their midst. "Take a seat", the short haired blonde instructed from her seat among the shadows provided by shade. "Let's have a talk. Just the three of us. We've been looking through the roster and it seems you and a few other students have signed up for our class this year. Given that you're not an elite-"

"Oh!" the other interrupted, still mindful of her volume. "Before I forget, do mind Kuva", The wavy brunette informed as Kuva's ear twitched and a armored looking tail waved lazily into the air, "she doesn't like strangers." The woman said with an innocent and harmless smile.

The blonde continued once her partner was done, "Given that you're an Omega in the One Star Division, I'm sure you're well aware that this is an AP class and all credit you receive simply allows you to continue into your Elite year with fewer classes to worry about, and possibly even shorter time to graduate into the Two Star ranks--" the blonde coughed for a brief second- "Right, but before that, where are my manners. We've yet to introduce ourselves. My name is Amy Kanker. You may call me Miss Amy, nothing else. The one next to you, my sister, is--"

"Morgana." Morgana replied, her radiant sky blue eyes moving away from Kuva and up to greet Owen with a freckled smile. "Morgana is fine." She responded, a kinder informal manner in contrast to her sister's more formal and direct tone. And just as she said this Kuva's rather pointed, almost blade armored like tail came to rest inches between the instructor and student. If one weren't perceptive it could've been considered as nothing of real importance, but if anything it was Kuva's subtle way of saying 'keep your distance and no one gets hurt'. A reminder of Morgana's earlier warning, but clear the beast did not like her naps being interrupted.

"So Owen." Morgana said her attention now devoted to the young boy. "We hear you were admitted in DWMA not long ago. A few months before last year's school semester started or somewhere around that time. What do you think of DWMA? Have you made any friends? Found a partner perhaps?" All innocent questions, but one that hinted at these two maybe knowing more.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Owen gently scratched on the back of his head with a smile; narrowing his eyes a little as thought for a brief moment on his response.

Cat seems aggressive, what is it?
A mythic, looks like it is this Morgana chick's plaything.. you guys call 'em pets right

Yeah... is it common for mythic's to be like pets?
It isn't common, but nor is it something inconcievable
Enough about the cat, what about them? Think they can see you?
Probably, though they haven't said or done anything so it doesn't matter; if someones strong enough and they're looking they could find me mixed up in you easily
What should I say?

Whatever, ain't like I care.
Owen kept his smile as he carried on "The school has been fine, though I wasn't a big fan of the dormitories when I first came, so deciding to live alone comes with plenty of problems; since I started after the beginning of the school year, I wasn't around when everyone was picking partners; so I've been without since I've been here.. friends is a different matter, I certainly don't have anyone that hates me here, I think... Though I'm not really very close with anyone, my studies have taken priority, so things have been a tad on the lonely side"
Although sometimes I wished the company I do have wasn't someone I had to talk to
Shuddup man, get to the point, still don't know why they called you here
His smile faded a little, but didn't vanish, he cleared his throat "As you already know and have said, I am Owen Hartworth, though forgive me but I'm still not entirely sure why you called me here, I doubt it was just to ask me about how I've been doing after all"

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

A good-hearty chuckle sailed through the air- cutting Morgana off before she could speak and giving Amy the chance to brush off her jeans and make her way to the two as she spoke. "I suppose it was a bit too obvious in inviting just one student out here on their lonesome. See Ana? I told you we should've called him in during a class."

Morgana merely 'hmph--ed', and continued the petting process as Kuva rested, ears occasional twitching at the faintest of sounds. "You know I don't like doing these things in front of others. And you know how quickly word spreads around this school. It's like I said, better done in private than where nearby nosy Tom's could go spreading untrue gossip."

Miss Amy waved her sister's remark away with a dismissive hand, "Whatever. Owen, you're here for one reason. And that is to be a star in your class' first meeting. Our classes, you see, aren't like your other average classes in contrast to those in N.O.T. The higher up you go, the more you'll see in that in both E.A.T and Magi curricula, classes such as ours- those that deal with core concepts like combat, teamwork co-operation, scrying, physical training, etc- are not meant for a large body of students because it makes the training process difficult for both the instructor or instructors, as well as the students themselves. Thus we have the option of breaking classes that would normally be joint, up into groups and scheduling certain times. Lessons and how they're taught get a different treatment. To give lessons a certain impact some professors choose to take rather mild takes while others take a more...hm", one thin blonde brow arched up while the other moved down in thought, "I want to say, 'daunting' approach. Yes," the half-elf nodded with a smile to herself. "Daunting sounds nice." Her tone dropping into a more menacing level.

"Ahem!" Morgana, continued. "Yes, well, what my sister is trying to say is that we called you here to participate in a little project we only recently started applying a year ago. Well, not a project." Morgana considered the word for a sec with a nip on her bottom lip, "Mmmm, I'd say more of a mock trial session. Nothing big, nothing I'd say that fantastic. You'd just be playing an important role in letting both my sister and I, in evaluating your current skills. And of course, given that you are Weapon less you are free to bring in someone of recommendation to aid you in this one session as well."

"So-- What do you say?"

"Interested?" The sisters said collectively. Meanwhile, Kuva sneezed as the question hanged in the air.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

"Ah well...-" Owen was cut from his chatter as Adam's voice erupted and filled his mind.
This sounds fun, like ultra fun, maybe we get to kill stuff, I wanna hurt stuuuuff, you're so boring, please please please pleaaaaaaaase do it, might even be able to put everything you'be learnt to the test properly. DOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT
Owen paused for a moment before thinking on everything they said "I'm a lot more than just interested, though you haven't really explained to me what this 'mock trial' entails, the vagueness admittedly adds to my curiosity and piques my interest, though I do have my questions, if you cannot answer them or don't want to for some reason or other, just say. And, I do know it is rude of me to be so inquisitive rather than cooperative, but this school is a weird place, and the most regular of things I could agree to will probably end up being disastrous or have unseen consequences." The boy takes a moment for a deep breath before shyly scratching the nape of his neck and smiling again "If you're alright heading out my questions, then here goes; first of all, why have you selected me rather than Amy other candidate? Secondly, as I inquired before, what does this trial entail? And finally, what weapon or weapons are you recommending to me?"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

• Owen's reasoning was an understandable and predictable one. Perhaps better than the ones who'd blindly follow without asking any questions. Amy and Morgana both glanced in each other's direction and then wordlessly, Amy turned on the heel of her boot to make her way towards the tree trunk she'd been resting at. As she did this, Morgana spoke to Owen and said: "She'll be a minute." And then turned her attention to Kuva's coat.

The blonde known as Miss Amy went around to the tree's back and almost out of sight thanks to several stray branches. With one finger-less black gloved hand she dipped inside the hole to pull its contents out from the tree and with the other glove less hand she lifted her leg, fingers dug into the back of her boot, and out came an auburn brown wand.

While Miss Amy was away doing whatever, Morgana's attention remained fixed on the mythic; particularly, on Kuva's coat. It was tough to tell, impossible to see, but if one looked very very very closely- patterns could be spotted along Kuva's body. Very faint lines that connected to the white speckled fur on the feline's back, surrounding the hard white segmented black spines, almost projecting out of her back, down the vertebrae, all the way up to the armor covered tail. It made Kuva's spine look almost insectoid. Segmented and connecting to the body, but in actuality a completely different concept and function.

Plop

A silver folder hit the ground, Kuva's ear twitched in turn. "Take a look at that. It has the names of all the students to be in your class for the next couple months, and it has their ranks as well." Amy's voice stated, and if Owen had bothered to look, he would've seen the wand spinning in her hand. "Ana, I'm off to call him. Did you put the fruit where I asked?"

"Mhmmmm" was the instructor's only reply as she used a rather small brush to flick away any and everything she saw unnecessary around Kuva's spine; her sister already had her back turned to them. "Excellent. I'll be back in a few. You can explain things further without me." And with that, Miss Amy pulled her jacket tightly down and left without so much as another word.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Last edited:
Owen smiled as his eyes lit up and he flicked through the dossier/folder he was handed "So you asked me here not because I'm right for what you wish, but because I am unproven? correct?" His smile dimmed a little when he began to process everything she had said, still, he flicked haphazardly through the folder, gathering as much information as he could about the people with in, especially his classmates; after all, the weapon would just be for a test, whilst he would be with these others for the entire year.

COMBAT! She wants us to have a weapon so that means we getta smash and kill shit right? Booyah! Plus I think she's smokin, eh?
Don't be gross Adam, she's a teacher

She's YOUR teacher, not mine, I can do what I like
You can't do a thing unless I let you, remember?

For now, asshole.
Sigh, enough of this, what do you think of our future classmates?

Could probably bully that Mido kid
We're not going to bully anyone

But we could?
No

Whatever, fuckin' nerd. Sounds like they've been digging quite deep from all the questions they're asking
Yeah... Well if I don't make a big deal about them prying they wouldn't have as much reason to be suspicious
Fair enough, by the way, you might wanna be more considerate about the weapon you pick if you pick one at all; if they're good enough they'll figure me out, remember?
Sigh, we'll pick out the lower ranked one, Jamey Chester then?

We could probably deal with the trial without a weapon you know
Only if I gave you some control, and you realise that isn't happening.

Whatever, just be wary of these two, I don't wanna get my soul eaten till I get my fill o' bloodshed
Fine. It's a shame you're a necessary evil or I would just rat you out now.

Owen's traditional smile shifted to a glare for a split second before returning to it's former expression "So, it seems like you two have shown some interest if you went as far as to dig into my past? Well, our Phantom Lord may not have requested you spy, but it seems you did anyways, though perhaps the better term would be enquire, unless you've had someone following me around all the time?" He bit his bottom lip for a moment, looking as if he was pondering something deeply, although his conclusion was already decided. Owen slipped a hand into his pocket and played with a coin as he answered Morgana with a smile "I think I'll take... Jamey Chester as my weapon for this trial, I assume Miss Amy is to brief me?"

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

• While Owen had been contemplating his decision for a temporary partner, Morgana had decided to get back to cleaning Kuva's armored spine. She only glanced up once or twice to look at the boy and ignored the grimace he made entirely, choosing instead to focus on his question about the briefing. "Yes", she replied, her tone much gentler in contrast to the few minutes prior. "Amy will be briefing you." The freckled brunette stopped her work to look towards the forest entrance for a few seconds before turning her attention back to Owen with another small smile. "Shouldn't take her too long to get back to us. If Amy's going after Nikur it'll take her a few more minutes than usual." The smile widened just a tad, "He is the mischievous sort, after all. Its in his kinds nature. I suppose I should warn you just in case to be aware. He's not dangerous, unless provoked,
    but he is quite inquisitive so you may want to make sure he doesn't climb on to your shoulder and steal anything on you.
    " She added to explain.

Turning her attention away from Kuva for a brief second, the half-elf considered Owen's choice. And after a minute of pausing her work to think, she picked up her sleek black wand from the grassy ground and with a circular wave the dossier in Owen's hand flipped three pages and in a burst of green light several pages appeared that never existed to begin with. "Something for you to look at about Jamey while you wait." Morgana explained, still sporting that small smile as she went back to taking care of Kuva's spicules.

Psych Ed.212

Recommendation Choice: Jamey Chester
    Student Name Student Rank
    Jamey C. Chester
    a589b179d3ed42f00a4539824942652d.jpg
    Elite

Personal Details

Weapon Form: Three-Section Staff
    iasWZxB.jpg

Years of Combat Experience: 9

Time at DWMA: 7

Current Partner: Mack Slammer

Temporary Partner:Owen Hartworth

DWMA Experience
    Jamey Chester is a One Star Elite. The highest rank within the One Star division. An adequate martial artists and a skilled Weapon who focuses on defense but also packs a wallop when used for offense. In Jamey's time at DWMA he's had two partners since moving back to the States. Both he and his first Meister, both skipped the first two years of their Beta year due to passing their aptitude tests, with exceptionally high scores. As well as doing exceedingly well in their individual skill tests. The details of their dissolved partnership won't be disclosed.

Partners

• First Partner - Tazmuir V. Klovic
      • Second Partner- Mack Slammer

Personality
    Soft spoken, quick witted, humble, and polite. Jamey rarely ever voices his true opinion on someone or something unless it is absolutely necessary. He doesn't enjoy being the center of attention and he prefers peace and tranquility in contrast to crowded environments. He tends to observe first, comment and critique last. However he has no qualms against offering extremely blunt and hard tongued advise whenever necessary and doing so in a way of whether or not the situation calls for it.

Several minutes went by and all of a sudden both Kuva's ears twitched and stood up. Morgana merely smiled at the reaction. "Seems as though Amy has returned."

Last edited:
FUCK
Not good
If we kill the monkey we will be fine

We are not killing the monkey thing
PROTECT US YOU FOOL! I REFUSE TO DIE
Already dead

Shut the fuck up and deal with this
How?

AHHHHNOOONONONONONOAGHNONOGAHHHHHHHNOOOOONONOIOOOOONOPOOOOPLEASENOOOOOGODNODONTDIWWHYWHYWHYWHYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWWYWHWYHWWYHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWYWY
What the fuck!?

Owen looked very clearly as if his mind was tearing apart, and winces of pain could be seen on his face, like a particularly severe migraine.

I'll change the subject and assume they'll forget... no that won't do
KILL THE FUCKING MONKEY THING

We are not killing the monkey FOR FUCK SAKE CALM DOWN, we can do something about this.

Owen paused for a moment, before putting up a shit-eating grin, acting like a fool "Ehhhhh? what do you mean by two presences?" he waved his arms above his head "Like souls or living beings? Do I have tapeworms? Oh god that explains my recent appetite" He whistles absent-mindedly, eyes moving erratically as he sheepishly attempts to avoid eye contact, palms and forehead damp with sweat as his heart races.

That was fucking awful
Shuddup I'm nervous y'know

Doesn't give you a reason to be a fucking retard
That's rather offensive, calmed down now?

Meh, seeing you act like that has let me... relax?
Glad that my suffering can help!

No problem
I was being sarcastic!

Don't care, now deal with this, but better.
Owen paused for a second, hesitating before deciding on how he would continue "Perhaps I should go to see the nurse and get checked on properly?"

YOU'RE STILL DOING THE TAPEWORM THING!
SHUT UP!

Perhaps I went overboard with profanity, but I like to think that's how two people who weren't particularly big fans of each other could communicate if they were one, unfiltered. If the profanity is a bit much, please say and I'll cut back :xFsmile:

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

For a moment neither Morgana or Amy said anything, they merely stayed silent and watched Owen's transition from turmoil to frayed nerves. Even if he was trying to put off what had just been said, the quiver in his voice or the way his eyes kept shifting his eyes, shifting his stance, and the general body language he was displaying gave him away completely. Clearly the boy was a horrible liar. And Miss Amy would've poked even further, if Morgana hadn't shot her sister a look that made her sigh.

The two professor's remained silent the entire time, up until Owen started to ask for an immediate excuse to visit the nurses office. Both sister's shared a brief glance, then only Amy sighed as the two returned their attention back to Owen.

Out of the two of them, only Morgana offered the boy an appeasing smile. "Nikur", Morgana said in an almost tired voice, "Don't tease people about their insecurities, we've been over this before haven't we?"

Nikur, using Owen's shoulder as some sort of anchor while he swung side to side, patted the boy's cheek with one hand, matching the boy's previous shit-eating grin. "Ooo-ah-ah!"

Morgana's smile faltered, "No. That wasn't funny. Now, come over here and stop bothering Owen. I don't think he likes having his emotions read like an open book."

Nikur's grin faded into a frown and after standing there atop Owen's shoulder and bicep for a time that was long enough to make Owen feel some sort of stiffness, the monkey hopped off, landed. Then made his way over to his two caretakers. Plainly silent the entire time.

While Morgana took care of the fuming and disappointed monkey, Miss Amy turned her attention to Owen- changing topics and completely brushing what had happened under the rug. "Let's get back on track shall we?" The statement was clearly rhetorical.

Morgana picked up for her sister. "Owen, as we've explained before dear, you're here because we wish to use you in an activity we started doing about two years ago. This activity will involve, these two: Nikur and Kuva." The four-armed monkey in question waved a hand away in dismissal, clearly peeved all his fun had been stripped away while Kuva merely responded by barely opening an eye and lazily moving her head in Owen's direction before yawning and planting her head back on Morgana's free lap.

"Nikur and Kuva are going to be your class' main sparring partners." Amy continued. "We ourselves will of course participate in the future class activities, but for your first class few sessions with us, we want to see how skilled you all are in your own fields and with your current skills. So, Nikur here is going to make you his captive--"

"OO-AH?!"

Amy continued ignoring the primates growing 'giggles' if they could even be called that. "And Kuva here will play the role of guard in both defense and offense. If your wondering what I mean by 'captive', I mean you are going to be held as Nikur's literal captive. All you have to do is try and escape within a given time limit we give the class. Kuva, will of course face off against your classmates on her own and in doing so her duty is to prevent them from getting near you. All you need to do is try and escape Nikur's clutches and if you do manage to do that before time's up, you've got to remain out of his reach till time's up. We'll go into further details when class starts two days from now, but we needed to let you know what we were planning. So it didn't come as a surprise to you when it actually happened."

"Well, that and Kuva may be less inclined to attack you if now that she knows what your role is in all of this." Morgana added after Amy's explanation.

A few seconds were given for Owen to process what he'd been told before Amy finally broke any concentration he may have had. "So, do you have any questions?"

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

I'm going to strangle that fucking mongrel monkey
Not doing it

Gotta be it's fucking captive
And?

Prisoners tend to shank their guards
We are not shanking a monkey

BUT IT KNOWS
I don't want PETA on my ass

PETA don't even care about animals!
What do you mean? the entire point is to protect animals and their rights

Then why have like 90% of the animals in their care been EUTHANIZED
No they-

MONEY, PETA is in it for the money
That's ridicul-

ACCEPT THE TRUTH
Owen shifted again on his feet gently "Honestly I don't see why this makes much sense. Our true enemies aren't well known for taking prisoners, unless as corpses.. perhaps this is applicable to combatting the Witches? or... other people?" He pauses for a moment, yawning widely, a nervous tick; he of course covers his mouth in an attempt to atleast be polite about it. Then moving on to play with a tuft of his hair as he speaks up again "So, like you said, I'm allowed to escape of my own accord? I don't need to rely on the rest?" He posits for a second, humming gently "The point is teamwork though? I assume both Kuva and Nikur aren't as simple as mere animals? I doubt either of them will be a pushover; so taking either on alone would be inadvisable?" He smiles widely "Ah, and as they appear to be more ethereal or spirtual beings, can they be affected by what others would consider to be fatal wounds? Can either be permenantly harmed?" The voice that came out of Owen's mouth was the same, but it carried a colder air to it's words, less curious, and more interrogative.

What are you doing?
What? I'm merely curious
Since when the fuck could you talk with my mouth?!
Since you got so panicked about being found out, idiot.
You're not allowed to kill the monkey
Now you're aware that I've gained some possession of this body back, think on this slight bit, just how much do I have back?
SILENCE. SHUT THE FUCK UP
Fine fine, don't blame me if you end up naked in the middle of Death City tomorrow though
Owen wasn't aware of this, but Adam's control was lost now, he managed to slip in a sentence, more out of sheer luck and by accident than anything else. Though the boy began sweating nethertheless.

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

• Two things happened somewhere in the middle of Owen's internal debate after Adam had spoken.

First, Nikur stopped smiling. The smile had disappeared long before Adam came to emerge. It had disappeared somewhere along the line the mythic primate had sensed a the shifting and change of Owen's Soul. The moment Adam did start speaking, Nikur's indigo pelt darkened just a bit as his expression turned into a neutral stare. A stare that was directed in Adam's direction seconds before those words actually left Owen's mouth.

Second, Kuva's ear twitched and her tail swung outward, all happening as Adam spoke. Unlike Nikur who'd been teasing and giving the boy some attention, Kuva who'd given Owen zero to nothing now gave this new presence aside from Owen her full attention. When Aadam finished speaking both Mythics glanced at each other. It was brief, quick, their eyes locked on to the other for maybe just a second and in that one second they both made a unspoken agreement to act.

They moved as one. Although not in a way one would expect.

Kuva was the first to act all in a manner that was completely bereft of hostility but one that made Morgana aware of what was about to happen. The predator glanced over to her friend, her caretaker, and when she did Morgana merely smiled-
    a smile that spoke more quickly and clearly than words ever could've. Morgana gave her nod of approval. With permission given Kuva yawned and stretched in that reminiscent way only cats do by leaning back and stretching her forelegs out then with a shift of her hips and a wag of her tail one armored spike, one of the many small spicules lining her spine or part of it popped out of her back in the most subtle of ways. The black spike that slid out was the closest to her tail and when it popped out her tail extended into an almost shadowy aura like length, all while the whisker-less beast stared at Adam and Owen like a hungry predator waiting to maim it's prey. It all happened in no more than ten seconds.

The most obvious thing to attract attention, was the smell of something burning. Bright flames of purple aura radiated from all three of Nikur's tails, the flames writhed like fire, the tails glowed white light, and Nikur's three tails grew so did his size as he came to match Owen's height. One swift spin was all it took to sweep the earth away from the student. The only thing Owen might've seen was winding tails like a swinging baseball bat merging into one and briskly sweeping the earth away from Owen's feet. Planting him into the ground with a gentleness but force that was both less harmful but more unexpected.

Before the boy could even hope to retaliate however, something sharp glinted into view. The bladed tip of Kuva's tail rested a foot away from Owen's face. Hovering in the air, daring this new figure, daring Adam to try and make a strike. When it got there he'd never know. Kuva's kind had insanely fast reflexes. They struck like pythons when the right magic was used and when the right muscles were unleashed they became akin to snakes. The fluid movement would've been somewhat difficult to track with the eye but not entirely impossible to dodge had he even seen something like this was coming. Perhaps Owen hadn't, perhaps Adam had. Then again, perhaps this wouldn't have happened in the first place if Adam hadn't just threatened or hinted to physically harm two highly sentient beasts. Beasts who were also answering Owen's question; they understood everything that was being said.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Owens heart rose in its chest as he was attacked, his skin taking a reddish tint as blood rushed through his body, and he stemmed his adrenaline as it tried to fill his mind with fight-or-flight reactions. Even when they backed off his heart still beat wildly. He was scared, terrified in fact. He clutched his chest as he rose from being pinned, his eyes trailing along the four in front of him, pupils consuming his iris. His hands clenched into fists and he opened his mouth wide to take a long, deep breath to overcome his rapid breathing. He coughed a few times, then tugged a few strands of hair out of his head, using the pain to snap himself back to attention. At last, he cleared his throat.

"What I was asking, was whether or not Jamey would be a prisoner with me, or if he'd be part of the rescue party" He glanced at Kuva and a palpable concoction of fear and anger spread through his mind "Part of me feels like I would have some... let's say personal issues with my wardens?" His lips wavered for a moment, his voice still a little shaky at points until he forced his trademark smile. "I assure you I will still co-operate and serve as a captive" a brief thought occurred to him "Though, pardon me if this is rude, but could I request access to this place if I agree? It interests me, and, as I've just had proven to me by the magically growing Nikur, there's a lot for me to learn when it comes to this places inhabitants" He offered the four of them a wavering smile as he tugged haphazardly on his hair again. Yet again, he paused.
So, looks like we are, at the very least safe?
No response.

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

Morgana was the one to reply. "Jamey will be joining you as a captive. So you will have a Weapon in whom will be able to aid you in your escape. As for your interest in coming to the ZooKeep well..." the wavy brunette turned her attention to her sister and raised a groomed brow in Amy's direction. "Amy?"

Amy shifted. Amber eyes moved down in Owen's direction and stayed there for only a few seconds before she averted her gaze and looked back to her sister. The two shared a silent stare off, then Amy sighed. "Fine...You may visit ZooKeep but only under supervision. From either Morgana or I. We can discuss the details of your means of access at a later point in time."

Morgana's smile turned from her sister's direction towards Owen. "Well, you heard her. You're welcome to come here anytime. Just be sure you notify one of us so we can accompany you. Now then, if there are no more questions, you're free to leave."

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

He smiled in response to their answers, he gave a small nave to both Nikur and Kuva before turning his eyes on Morgana; simultaneously slipping a small, wire bound notebook and a lead pencil from a compartment on the right side of his back; he began jotting down notes about all four of them, and his observations of this place as he talked "so, shall I hear back to class? Or is there perhaps some more you need to say?" He kept scribbling in his notebook, finishing off with a rough sketch of Nikur, both his pre and post transformations were noted about, though due to Owen's panic at the time, the drawing and writing on Nikur's larger body was lacking in detail.

(Sry this is a little small, writing on my work break)

shy-woman-silhouette.jpg

The Kanker Sisters

ZooKeep
|
Plush Meadows

"]You are free to leave. We've completed what we needed." Amy responded as she turned to face the forest entrance. As Amy departed she snapped twice and immediately an Owen sized Nikur turned to follow Amy.

Morgana turned her attention back to Owen and offered him a smile as she too got up and dusted her flora patterned skirt off. "We look forward to having class with you Owen, hope you have a good day. Kuva, come along." Kuva, remained staring at Owen for a few seconds longer before getting up and following after Morgana. All four becoming nothing more than dark silhouettes the deeper into the forest they went.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

• Send New Email
    New Email Received
    Auto (dwmabot_012@dwmacademy.edu)
    Re: Congratulations On Passing!
    This message should not be responded to!

Hello,

Good morning and congratulations to all the receivers of this email! At 9 a.m. sharp, you are to come to Room 215 A. It is located in the West Wing on the second floor. When you do get there, take your seat and wait patiently. I will make my presence known when it is necessary. Bonus points to any of you who do spot me first.​

Yours Sincerely,

Your Instructor.​

Crowley will already be in the classroom before any character arrives. He will not be visible to the eye, but it is possible that his presence can be sensed by other means.

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul RANGYOKU RANGYOKU One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Relevant: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Elenion Aura Elenion Aura National National Phayne Phayne OnyxReaper OnyxReaper (Simply a notification for you, only Phayne and Onyx need to make posts when there characters are completed and reviewed)

Kuroneko

Kuro's tail swished behind him as he made his way towards the classroom. Normally, he wouldn't be so excited to be summoned by a new instructor, but the particular nature of the summons had him a bit interested. You see, Kuro was easily bored in class. Although he could reliably attend his classes on time, he was not so reliable about actually staying awake for the duration. This instructor, however, had already turned this into a game: find the instructor before he decides to reveal himself.

Immediately, he wondered how the instructor would be hiding. Would he be behind some wall, clinging to the ceiling like some spider, or would he just be hiding under his desk? As Kuro pushed open the door and entered, his eyes quickly scanned the room from top to bottom, his smile fading a little as absolutely nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Perhaps that thing about being hidden in the room was just a prank and he wasn't here at all?

No...

Kuro could tell someone else was there. A faint scent, likely all but imperceptible to a human's nose was lingering. Kuro's feline sense of smell could detect it, though. He sniffed the air, his eyes scanning the front of the room as he took some steps further in. "You smell it too, right Chesh, nyaa~?" Kuro purred, his smile growing once more.

"Indeed. Suffice it to say he's here, not that you can see him anyway."

"Smells like Old Spice... Definitely not some kid wearing it, or we'd have caught wind of him before we started down the corridor..."

"It seems we have found a man of culture."

Kuro, by now, had made his way to the teacher's desk, now staring directly at the chair, his ears perked up and listening intently as he seemed to stare at nothing. "Can't see you, can't hear mew... I'm going to take a guess and say you're a mage. Either that or you're just really good at hiding, but I can't say I've ever heard of a non-mage that good at disappearing...." Kuro remarked, still staring intently at where he assumed the instructor's eyes were judging by where the smell was strongest. Strongest, of course, being relative. Without his sense of smell he never would have figured out the man was there.

A playful smirk spread across the young man's lips. "Well, if we're playing the hiding game... I'll hide in plain sight then." His form suddenly shifted, shrinking, changing as he hopped up onto the desk. Instead of a student though, a dark feline now stood on the desk, stretching out before curling up square in the middle of the desk as if he owned it himself.

Chesh, meanwhile, elected to leave Kuro's immediate vicinity to instead take up residence on top of their instructor's head, curling up much like a fuzzy hat while remaining, as he usually did, quite invisible himself. It's not like Chesh was heavy by any means, fortunately, and, since he wasn't attached to Kuro, he was keeping his tail invisible too, for a change so as not to spoil the fun.

Thus, Kuro and his familiar made themselves quite at home, assuming that, since the instructor would likely not want to blow his cover so soon, he would do nothing really to stop them. As long as Chesh was serving as a hat, Kuro would know where the instructor was just by knowing where his invisible familiar was hiding. As far as the young man was concerned, he had already won this little game. Now it was just a matter of seeing if anyone else would be able to do the same.

So, Kuro stayed curled up on the desk, his nose pointed towards the door so, if he was so inclined, he could look at anyone who entered to see if they figured out where the teacher was hiding too.

Let the game begin again.

West Wing FL 2| Room 215A
????​

As time ticked on, Crowley got bored. Waiting for students to arrive grew tiresome so as he waited, he decided to check up on his little spy. Closing his eyes, he focused on the pendant he was wearing himself. And from it he felt a small response from its receiver that told him Taz was moving and he was with someone, the person who he presumed to be Conor.

He couldn't help but smile warmly. Taz could've ignored him and then he'd have had to utilize his 'Eye-Spy' spell, but he was glad the teen had listened and taken the pendant despite his rather clear suspicions and obvious doubts. At the very least, this would make things easier for him to watch the two's interactions from Taz's own eyes. He was about to do just that exactly till he heard footsteps approaching the room and let his focus slip off the pendant and back to the room.

When Kuro stepped inside, Crowley was aware of it immediately. Like snapping a twig in the ominous feeling of a rainy forest, he turned his attention to the exact direction of the alert and found his eyes greeted with one presence, despite the enchantments telling him there were two.

"Oh?" he cooed with interest and then leaned forward as the mage looked around. And that's when he spotted the two tails and almost instantly Crowley found himself breaking into a grin. He was just about to say something else Kuro wouldn't hear till he noticed the young one was....sniffing the air?

It took less than a second for his furrowing brows to bounce up in immediate realization, "Enhanced smell! Of course! Well isn't this simply amazing! I never get tired of meeting all the interesting students this organization has to offer." But apparently the more interesting topic for today wasn't Kuro's unique physiology but rather his instructor's choice of deodorant. If anything, Crowley merely found the topic amusing, but what he really piqued his interest was the fact Kuro, had a familiar. Which only confirmed the information his enchantments were telling him on this second presence.

He hadn't expected that. It took a lot of magic to keep a familiar grounded to the physical world and a lot of calculation to summon them also. Regardless he couldn't say he wasn't interested in this one's particular magic affinity.

"Can't see you, can't hear mew... I'm going to take a guess and say you're a mage. Either that or you're just really good at hiding, but I can't say I've ever heard of a non-mage that good at disappearing...." And from the way he stared, Crowley could tell the kid had passed his test.

Heh, nice job kid. Not bad at all. Crowley was about to make his voice known till he saw that smirk and heard Kuro say: "Well, if we're playing the hiding game... I'll hide in plain sight then."

Watching Kuro shift from his human form to feline form wasn't much of a surprise. By the simple fact he was capable of keeping his familiar with him at all times, so far, in the physical world it wouldn't have been odd for him to be able to perform Animagus; the transformation of a being from a human to a specific animal. Which confirmed two things for Crowley himself: One, Kuro was a True Mage and clearly one who had enough understanding to be above a One Star Elite status. And two, the young mage really was a member of the Bakeneko race, albeit one of diluted blood.

"Well aren't you just full of a bag of tricks?" he chuckled as the familiar placed itself atop his head. From the feel, perhaps it was feline as well. He could tell this student would be fun to have around, the question was how much of that carefree nature bled into his work ethic and his ability to work with others?

Crowley reclined himself, watching Kuro make himself comfortable on the teacher's desk. "Guess I'll just have to find out when you meet the rest won't I?" he asked with a warm and thoughtful smile. A question, Kuro couldn't hear.

Interactions: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back