• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered roleplays including incest...?

Waraeru

lee taemin stan
so, i saw a few of these floating around the forums and for obvious reasons, that rang alarm bells. but i read through the rules and unless i'm missing something, i couldn't find anything prohibiting it? i'm not sure if there's a reason for it being allowed, or if there just isn't solid clarification on whether or not the topic is allowed in roleplays in general. i was hoping someone could shed some light on this situation??

why is it an issue? people have worse things they wanna roleplay about. frankly and respectfully, i feel it's no one's business.

As long as there is no erotic content, users are free to role play about virtually any romantic situation they wish to. If another user wishes to include incest, that's entirely up to them.

As long as there is no erotic content, users are free to role play about virtually any romantic situation they wish to. If another user wishes to include incest, that's entirely up to them.
i suppose, but by technicality wouldn't it fall under the rule of not including illegal content??

You can't discuss doing illegal content in the real world. Characters in a role play are allowed to break the law but the situations should be treated maturely. At least I think the rules say something like that

Role playing and actually doing are two different things. No incest has actually taken place between to live people.

i suppose, but by technicality wouldn't it fall under the rule of not including illegal content??
If we couldn't include any illegal content in RPs, then doesn't that mean nobody could RP about any kind of violent acts, or drug use, or anything else similar to that? It would be extremely limiting. Writing about something illegal in a fictional medium is totally different than real people discussing or doing illegal things.
I don't necessarily like some of those things in RPs, but I don't think that means nobody else should be allowed to do it.

Your characters may break the law, they can be murderers, drug lords, whatever, you just can't go into specific detail about how they go about doing it.
Incest depends on where you live whether or not it's legal (as with many laws) it's more of a moral/social issue.
It's not something I personally see the appeal in, but to each their own.

Literary freedoms allow characters within a roleplay to partake in illegal or immoral behaviors when it does not conflict with other site policies. Users may not discuss or give advice about illegal or immoral topics out of character. Users who do write characters involved in these topics are expected to address them in a mature, respectful, and delicate manner.

Your characters may break the law, they can be murderers, drug lords, whatever, you just can't go into specific detail about how they go about doing it.
Incest depends on where you live whether or not it's legal (as with many laws) it's more of a moral/social issue.
It's not something I personally see the appeal in, but to each their own.
hm, okay. thank you for clarifying it for me <3

Sadly it is allowed, it seems. I don't care what anyone says, anyone looking to roleplay something like that needs mental counseling.
Eh, I dunno about that. Sure, I disagree with incestuous RPs - people can do them if they want, but you couldn't pay me to do one. Still, I do think it's totally reasonable to be curious about something in fiction but not at all in real life. For example, I'm fascinated by violent and/or manipulative psychopathic/sociopathic characters in fiction, and if they're well-written (and not just stupid stereotypes), then they tend to be my favorite characters in any given medium. I love them and find them interesting. Does that make me a violent or manipulative psychopath/sociopath? No. I can't bring myself to even hurt a fly. Does that mean I'd want to approach a violent psychopath/sociopath in real life? Not at all; I'd want to stay as far away from them as humanly possible.
Fiction is just that - fiction. It doesn't translate to reality. Of course there are people out there that take fiction too seriously and are too influenced by it, but that's an individual problem, and not a problem everyone has.

Eh, I dunno about that. Sure, I disagree with incestuous RPs - people can do them if they want, but you couldn't pay me to do one. Still, I do think it's totally reasonable to be curious about something in fiction but not at all in real life. For example, I'm fascinated by violent and/or manipulative psychopathic/sociopathic characters in fiction, and if they're well-written (and not just stupid stereotypes), then they tend to be my favorite characters in any given medium. I love them and find them interesting. Does that make me a violent or manipulative psychopath/sociopath? No. I can't bring myself to even hurt a fly. Does that mean I'd want to approach a violent psychopath/sociopath in real life? Not at all; I'd want to stay as far away from them as humanly possible.
Fiction is just that - fiction. It doesn't translate to reality. Of course there are people out there that take fiction too seriously and are too influenced by it, but that's an individual problem, and not a problem everyone has.
I certainly see your point. My argument to that however is, it is not a natural thing to be interested in something such as incest.
I do not use the term mental health as a negative label but I do mean what I say--that if someone is writing stories about such a thing, I do not think it is healthy.
Things such as violence, gore, ect--those are added in for drama. It is difficult to have a good story without something like that.
But again, I get and respect your thoughts and totally understand where you are coming from.

For example, I'm fascinated by violent and/or manipulative psychopathic/sociopathic characters in fiction
I understand the point you're making here, but I'm not sure if incest and violence (even to the extent of psychopathy) are particularly comparable? I just feel that violence is a lot more widely accepted and portrayed in the media compared to incest, and that it's even normal for violence to exist in everyday life. But in the case of incest, a lot of the time it's viewed as very unsavory and morally incorrect, to say the least, and I was simply questioning if it should be allowed to be roleplayed and whether or not it being allowed was perhaps a step too far. With that being said, I do completely understand that at the end of the day, it isn't my business and people's roleplays are their own concern.

I understand the point you're making here, but I'm not sure if incest and violence (even to the extent of psychopathy) are particularly comparable? I just feel that violence is a lot more widely accepted and portrayed in the media compared to incest, and that it's even normal for violence to exist in everyday life. But in the case of incest, a lot of the time it's viewed as very unsavory and morally incorrect, to say the least, and I was simply questioning if it should be allowed to be roleplayed and whether or not it being allowed was perhaps a step too far. With that being said, I do completely understand that at the end of the day, it isn't my business and people's roleplays are their own concern.
I find it odd that incest is considered really gross and morally wrong when violence should be considered just as bad. I mean, I agree, I do think incest is gross and I want nothing to do with it even in fiction, but I guess that's just something I find a little strange?? I have certain things I like and dislike in fiction, even if they're all equally morally wrong (if that makes sense), and at the end of the day I feel like it boils down to personal preference.
Yeah, I do believe that what people RP is their own business, only if they're not harming anyone with it. If they leave me out of it and they're not actually hurting anyone by doing these RPs (like, RPing sex with a minor is a really bad idea), then I think it's fine for them and I just leave well enough alone lol.

And i'm just sitting here wondering where someone lives that incest is illegal lmao.

Edit: Holy shit, theres like four countries that allow it. I didn't think it was really that big of a deal to the international community to fuck your sister. im not endorsing incest btw

And i'm just sitting here wondering where someone lives that incest is illegal lmao.

Edit: Holy shit, theres like four countries that allow it. I didn't think it was really that big of a deal to the international community to fuck your sister. im not endorsing incest btw
to dig this thread back up for the sole purpose of saying you don't think incest is a "that big of a deal" really wasn't needed, but thank you for giving me a useless notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back