• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Roleplaying Questions !!

PaigeMadison

hold onto hope if you’ve got it ♡
Hey!! Sorry if this isn't the place or these are obvious questions!! I've roleplayed on two other sites before and they've both been different so I'm trying to get a feel for this new style of RPN : )

I've been reading through threads of people searching for 1x1 partners, and I see the term "doubling up" on there a lot and I have no idea what that means, haha. Can someone explain it to me?

Also, say I wanted to make a thread with one other user, but with 4 or so characters. Would I put that in the 1x1 section, or the group roleplay section? Because it would be 1 member with another member, but we would have multiple characters so it wouldn't be 1x1 characters?? Does that make sense??

Thanks a lot !! I love this site already hehe

I believe "doubling up" refers to each person playing more than one character? It's not something I do myself, so I'm not sure.

1x1 refers to the number of players, not the number of characters (actually, you can have 2-3 players in a 1x1, but 4 or more should go into the group sections). So if it's just you and one other person, it can go into 1x1.

Welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy it here.

I believe "doubling up" refers to each person playing more than one character? It's not something I do myself, so I'm not sure.

1x1 refers to the number of players, not the number of characters (actually, you can have 2-3 players in a 1x1, but 4 or more should go into the group sections). So if it's just you and one other person, it can go into 1x1.

Welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy it here.
Oh alright !! That makes a lot of sense !! Thanks so much-- I want to make a roleplay search thread and I was nervous I'd put it in the wrong place, haha. Thanks so much for letting me know !!

Kaerri would be correct in saying doubling up refers to playing more than one character. Some people like to mention it in their interest checks as a lot of RPers are only comfortable playing one at a time :3

Now this is informative. I thought doubling means....well every time I see someone mention it it's after they state, for example, they only play female characters(or male characters) that they are willing to double up in a MxF setting that it means if someone plays a male to their female they will play a male to the other person's female. I thought it was something to do with romance and what not.

I know that this is how a lot of people compromise. For instance, "I'll play this character for a pairing you like if you play this character for me in a pairing that I want to do." So it can be romantic. But doesn't have to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back