Experiences Roleplaying in online games

Vanschiver

Do any of you have experience roleplaying in online games, like an MMORPG? If so, do you feel that seeing your created characters in a particular setting helps give you a spark to write?

My RPing in MMORPGs is limited to giving some of my characters different personalities, though my actual playing/strategy didn't really change because of the character, but because of the role (tank, dps, etc) I'd be at the time. Though some people went further and I've seen them RP as if they were family. Never was much of a fan of the latter, it felt too forced to be enjoyable, so I didn't get into that.

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but I often imagine those and other characters I've created in settings different than the ones they were created for. For example, I placed a blacksmith I created in said game in a zombie apocalypse scenario. I didn't really write anything about that situation, but it's just a fun thing to do in general, and it might give me more ideas for future...ideas.

No it actually did answer my question, thank you ^^ personally, I didn’t even know RP was a thing until I started playing Everquest. So I’m always curious about how others got their start in this great hobby of ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back