Roleplay

MegMath13

We're All Mad Here!
beautiful-beauty-black-body-Favim.com-2779837.jpg.8958e7ecf65c17e2aa51ddcdd8ef8ca4.jpg
Nikia sat silently a sketchbook in her hand. She was sketching a design for a new character. Not that she ever wrote the stories she imagined in her head but she did draw the characters. She was waiting for some of her high school friends to get here. She had single handedly renovatedan old school bus and planned on taking them across country in a week or maybe two. She just wanted to reconnect with her friends

@TheBlackSwordsman @illicit @BrokenRemedy @Sizniche @Rainzen @Miss Obsess @spookie spook

Last edited by a moderator:

tumblr_m77ugzc5Zz1qin9awo1_500 copy.jpg

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @The Little Demon

Alex squinted at the sun as she got out of the car, walking to the trunk she took her suitcase out and slammed it closed, giving a quick goodbye to the driver she spun on her heel and mindlessly walked on the sidewalk, staring at her phone. She wasn't sure exactly where to go and the GPS said she was close, she had been relying on a GPS a lot lately, not that it bothered her, but she had never been one to trust online navigation. Her boots clicked loudly on the floor as she turned the corner, looking up from her phone just as she ran into someone, mumbling a quick sorry she sped up as she walked. She was excited, after years she was going to meet her high school friends again, although she had made many friends in her travels she missed everyone a lot. She had always wondered what they were like now, what they were doing. So when Nikia had called her up, she was more than ecstatic to come on this trip.

Just as she turned the corner a gust of wind blew, her hair blocking her vision and her hand immediately shot up to her fedora, which had almost fallen off. Once she had successfully moved the hair out of her face, her eyes immediately locked on a familiar figure, sitting down and writing something in a notebook on her lap. A large smile grew on her face and she let go of the handle on her suitcase. "Nikia, is that you?" She said, making herself known.

Alana Mays

She checked herself one last time in her pocket mirror after reapplying her lip balm, snapping the mirror shut and slipping it into her backpack's front pocket. Before leaving her apartment the girl had fussed over her outfit--she was meeting her high school friends from 4 years ago, for christ's sake, and she was determined to surprise them by how much she's changed since then. The thought of the countless phases she went through made her cringe. So, with suitcase in hand, she straightened and headed towards their meeting spot. Although Nikia had reminded her many times not to bring any technology, she couldn't resist but grab her camera with her along with some disposable waterproof ones. I mean come on! Our memories of the road trip can be kept within photos and never forgotten.

Nikia was the very first person Alana noticed when the meeting spot was in view. Head down, eyes glued to her sketchbook with pencil in hand. Typical Nikki. Then, a female figure approached her and they talked. At first, Alana had no idea who she was but her outfit gave it away. Fedora on her head with an "adventurous"-ish vibe was of course Alex. As Alana approached the two, joyful memories flooded her mind and a smile played on her lips.

"Oh my gosh, Nikki and Alex! Hi!" She greeted, resisting the urge to throw herself onto them for a group hug.

tumblr_n165dhTohj1sqdmfko1_500.png

Kelly Jones

@The Little Demon @Miss Obsess @illicit

"Dana I am going to be fine I swear to god if you don't stop fussing and open this door they are just going to freak out." Kelly burst, interrupting his sister's tirade. Dana was six years older than him, and so hadn't been a part of her younger brothers friend group in high school, although the siblings had always been close so most of them had met her plenty of times and would likely remember the petite blonde woman. "I Still don't think this is a good idea, what if something happens? What if your leg gets damaged what if-" Kelly rolled his eyes. "You built it. You would know wouldn't you?" He was grateful for his sister's reluctance, the more she tried to talk him out of this, the less time he had to try and talk himself out of it. She sighed. "Ok fine. Go. I love you." He went to open the door and froze. "Nope. I can't do this. They haven't seen us yet, I'll just call later and say something came up." Kelly wasn't the same person that he was when they knew him, and they knew very little about what had gone down in his life since graduation. Not that he hadn't talked to them, Kelly was just really good at smiling and directing the conversation toward other people. 

Before he could think on it any longer, Dana reached across him and opened the door of the white Ford Focus that had been parked across the street from the meeting place for a solid five minutes while the siblings argued. Dana got out her own door and walked around to pop the trunk. "What, do you need help?" Kelly flipped her the bird and got out of the car, walking around to grab his suitcase and backpack from the trunk while Dana waved energetically to the group. He had jeans and boots on, his prosthetic was hidden, so he didn't need to catch them up on everything that he had purposefully left out of all of their contact with each other for four years immediately. He could wait for a good time to do so at least, so he crossed the street with a grin on his face. "Ladies! Long time no see!" 

View attachment 243096

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @The Little Demon @illicit @Rainzen

First it was Alana, and then Kelly showed up. Alex found her mood improving more and more, she finally got to see everyone again, and it felt great, and she found herself with a sudden urge to hug everyone, maybe when everyone arrived. She directed her attention to Alana, "Wow,  Alana you've changed so much!" Alex exclaimed, keeping the mood. It felt like a cliche scenes from the movies and she couldn't have felt any better about it.

View attachment 237499

Nikia Ross

Nikia looked up from her drawing putting it down immediately upon seeing Alex, then Alana showed up then Kelly. Which only made her wonder where the others may be. "Hey guys! It's great to see all of you again!" She said with a smile jumping off the steps of. The school bus. "Hey Kelly anything new since the last time we talked.?"

Alana Mays

Shortly after arriving, Kelly also joined the group. Alana almost didn't recognise him! She beamed, she had missed them all so much. "Aww, thank you!" She replied to Alex, having hoped someone would notice, "Your signature fedora hat look, though. It's still here! How many of those do you have again? 100?" Of course, Alana couldn't help but tease Alex about her fedora hats--it was the group's one of many inside jokes.

Kelly Jones

Kelly shrugged off the question, glancing around Nikia to try and get a glimpse of the inside of the bus. It was all very exciting, she had shared pictures as they had been planning this and she had been renovating it, but seeing it in person was a different thing altogether. "Not much, I don't think." He answered, glancing back towards Nikia to make eye contact again. It wasn't technically a lie, not much had actually happened since they had been planning this. Besides, 'remember a couple years ago when I stopped talking to any of you for any reason beyond the occasional text message for about a year? Yeah I got cancer and lost my leg and dropped out of college' Wasn't exactly great small talk when seeing someone in person for the first time in four years. Besides, it wasn't like he was doing badly, he didn't want them to have the impression that his life had delved into sob story territory after high school. "I'm teaching full time at a studio now, trying to put my own theater company together. What about you? Besides the obvious, I mean." He asked, gesturing toward the bus to indicate what 'the obvious' meant.

Throughout high school, Kelly had been pretty heavily involved in athletics and the local dance studio. He had announced his into a performing arts college at graduation, and fallen out of contact halfway through the next school year after the diagnosis of osteosarcoma. 

View attachment 243096

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @illicit 

Alex laughed as she took the fedora off the top of her head, "Honey, If I could I'd have a full suitcase of fedoras next to me right now." She said, pushing some hair out of her face before putting the fedora back on. Ever since her freshman year, she had a strange addiction to fedoras, and berets, and beanies.... but mostly fedoras. It seemed to have stuck even after high school. She had moved to Arizona to go to college but dropped out her freshman year, deciding that she wanted to travel the world instead of being stuck in a lecture hall. Most of the time it went out great, she got a bunch of souvenirs and would often visit home and gift them to family, thinking about it now she found it strange that she hadn't met up with any of her high school friends in that time. 

Alana Mays

A chuckle fell from her lips at Alex's reply. "I'm actually nearly done with my Bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship in North Carolina," Alana explained, "And I'm moving to San Fran next year for my Master's. You?" Moving across the country was definitely tiring, but Lana didn't mind. The program would take her to Barcelona and Taipei after 4 months in San Francisco, and she'd start her own business. Alana had taken off her backpack and her eyes wandered to the bus. It looked comfy, and she couldn't be more grateful that Nikia had gone and renovated the whole thing for the group. She'd definitely pay her back somehow, maybe take her to an art convention or something. 

View attachment 243096

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @illicit @The Little Demon @Rainzen

Alex sighed, "Sorry, college dropout." She said plainly, she never found herself with an aspiration as she grew up, and didn't find herself as talented as others. So she stuck to being a freelancer, she got to do all kinds of exciting things and once she had enough money she'd move again, exploring the world. "Shouldn't be a surprise, though, you know me, can't stay in one place." she laughed. "But who woulda guessed Kelly would be tryna start a company?" She joked, patting Kelly's back with her hand. 

View attachment 237499

Nikia Ross

Nikia giggled as he looked over her shoulder into the School Bus, "Well that's good I guess, Do you wanna see the inside?" She asked and started to climb the stairs of the bus gesturing for them to follow her "This is where we'll be living for the nespxt few weeks!" She said a smile crossing her face, "I never even tried going to college I wouldn't have done well there." She said 

amelia-zadro-oyster-meet-the-model-1.jpg

Alana Mays

Honestly, Alana wasn't one bit surprised that Alex dropped out from college. She was always the adventurous one, the one who hyped every one up and came up with what to do next. Alana wished she was as brave as her, able to just drop everything and go on an adventure. Alex had nothing to be sorry for. 

"Right?!Alana agreed, turning to Kelly. Following Nikki into the bus, she looked around properly. There were beds, a bathroom, and everything humans needed to survive plus some cute decorations. Alana couldn't help but squeal and pull Nikki into a tight hug; sure she was in college but she lost control when she was excited. "Ahh! Thank you so much, Nikki!" She exclaimed.

View attachment 243096

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @illicit @The Little Demon @Rainzen

Alex smiled at the sight of Nikki and Alana, it reminded her of old times in an odd way, and she always felt relaxed around everyone. It felt weird really, it's been years since she's seen everyone and not even everyone was here, yet she was already feeling nostalgic. She held her hands behind her back as she spoke, "How long did It take you to do this?" She asked, looking around the bus. She'd always named Nikki one of the most artistic people she's met, and this solidified that.

Nikia.jpg

Nikia Ross

"It took me about three months, first I had to find two sschool buses for sell because I made it where it was longer so it could have a bathroom, kitchen and room for all of us to sleep." She said and looked around, "You guys are here first go ahead and pick a bed. I know I said no technology but did someone think to bring a camera?" Nikia jumped as she was hugged by her over excited friend.  "Your welcome but I did this so we could spend some time together."

Kelly Jones

Kelly turned and high fived Alex. "Yeah college dropouts!" At least he wasn't the only one. A dropout and a dancer had been pretty far from what anyone had expected of him after school. Not to mention and amputee. Kelly was pretty quickly distracted from the conversation by the bus though. As soon as Nikia mentioned picking beds, Kelly tossed his back onto one of the lower bunks to call it. "Actually," Kelly said, digging in his suitcase and pulling out a polaroid camera. "I couldn't not bring it. I have a video camera too."

View attachment 243096

ALEX HOPSTAN

MENTIONED: @The Little Demon @illicit @Rainzen

Alex gladly took the high five from Kelly, she was a bit shocked that he was a dropout too, but didn't question it. Maybe she'd ask later, maybe... When Nikia mentioned the beds she immediately chose the lower bunk in the back, "If i don't sleep low I'll probably fall off and break my neck." she laughed throwing her suitcase on it, she opened up one of the small compartments in the case and took out a professional camera she had bought before she began traveling, she had everything saved online so she decided to start with a new slate for the trip. "I brought a camera." she said making her way up to the front of the bus where everyone else was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back