Roleplay

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It is the year 4E 305, and the Stormcloak rebellion of 100 years ago won their war for Skyrim, effectively separating it from the rest of the Empire. Despite this, and the subsequent defeat of Alduin at the hands of the Dragon-born, Dragon have begun to slowly re-inhabit the rest of Tamriel, causing much strife across the land. And so, the rise of a 'sport' has begun in the last few years. That of Dragon Hunting.

(Post in character here, after your character is accepted.)

Arianna walked through the street of Whiterun, it was the traditional skyrim winter cold but sadly for her the weather was clear and sunny. The rays of light were stinging her face despite taking the precaution of wearing her hood, marring her view of one of her favourite places in Skyrim and no doubt drawing attention to herself. She knew how shifty she looked walking with a hood in brought daylight and hated it. However this was her life for now, the life of the vampire, and she would not let it bring her down. 

She soon entered the Bannered Mare feeling the comfort and warmth of the dark Inn immediately and breathed out a sigh of relief as she took of he hood. She sat down in a free seat and ordered some mead and just listened. Age of Oppression was sang beautifully the pretty bard in the corner but she didn't pay much attention to it. What she was really hearing is the gossip looking out for possible dragon sightings of any places that would have any need for her.

An armored khajiit roamed the area right outside of the Whiterun city.  Dolali was squatting, getting close to the ground as to gather the lavender that seemed to be common in the hold.  She imagined it was a silly sight--a warrior who is in a position as if they were preparing to defecate while picking flowers like a little child.  But she found that lavender, when combined with tundra cotton (another plant that is common in the Whiterun hold), can create potions that make the drinker more resistant to magic for a time.  Not particularly useful to the average citizen, but it helps when Dolali is attacking a camp of bandits that turns out to have a mage among the band of criminals.

Dolali turned her gaze to the walls of the city, and then remembered there was a shop that sold potions and alchemy ingredients, as well as having a table for the purpose of alchemy.  She made a mental note to visit the alchemy shop in the city after she finished gathering, and perhaps go to the inn for an ale or two.

It turns out living apart from your parents is somewhat expensive.

A young, striped gray Khajiit sighed to himself, and did his best to engross himself in the bard's song. "Age of Oppression", it was called, a song once sung by Stormcloak supporters back during the Imperial-Stormcloak war. 

It wasn't really cheering him up. He had seventy gold coins left - quite a lot when he'd been with his parents, but not nearly enough when a night at the inn was 10 gold pieces, and a decent meal cost just as much. He had maybe 2 budgeted days, maybe one extra night, before he had to start living on the street. 

It was a good thing, Ivar decided, that he wouldn't be staying here long, then. He'd be going for the very first dragon that came his way. And so he sat near the edge of the counter, a mug of mead cradled in one claws, and his greatsword rested on his hip, watching natives and adventurers speak their tales while the Age of Oppression played in the background. Perhaps he'd even get a word in edgewise.

The weather was not  what Nixisa would call good,  even in the more temperate areas of this land she was cold.  Despite her people having come from the seas and therefore from fairly cold water she had been born in the dessert and was more used to heat than she was to cold.  Still Nixisa was rather sure that she would not be killed by the cold as a regular snake might be as her target in this cold land was the college of winterhold.  While one might think the centers of learning in Cyrodiil would have the same collections that the college  would have but  as far as she knew the mess that had started over a hundred years ago was still going strong after the dissolving of the mages guild.  This left  the college as seemingly the oldest  center of learning with the largest collection of books  around, they even apparently boosted some from the Falmer before their time with the Dwemer.

This was all well and good  but first Nixisa had to deal with the things in front of her  namely  the guards of the city. Now while few in most civilized areas simply banned races, though with the stormcloak rule there was no telling how  far they might go.  Now while more recognized races were allowed in, Nixisa had found few knew what a Lamia was and even fewer would realize she wasn't hostile.  Nixisa had come to plenty of cities only for guards to think she was one of the many monsters that inhabited the land or some deadra , as well they were to ignorant to know better and anything not normal was a deadra,  and she had been forced out at least until she could  cast a few illusion spells upon others.

[SIZE=11pt]Now  [/SIZE]Nixisa had to figure out what to do about white run as she could use a rest  to re supply and warm up.  She really did hope that the college would have a way to warm their interior spaces up.  Simply looking to the gate Nixisa  saw two guards, another in a tower; so she would really need to work fats to calm them should they figure she was some kind of deadra or monster.  Well there was no way of knowing what would happen until you did it so Nixisa slithered up towards the guards.

Jarl Grey-mane sighed a bit softly as he looked around his hall a bit. He sighed a bit softly, as his wife stood next to him. He sighed again softly, as he continued to command the area he commanded under the Free Skyrim Empire. He continued to shake his head as the peasants approached him in turn, each with their own problems.

Arianna decided to leave the bar after finishing her mead before paying and exiting the inn to the near blinding light. She felt his hunger build inside her again but she wouldn't feed now of course to open and risk. She walked up to the keep to see if she could offer her services to the Jarl. She arrived a few minutes later stepping into the great Hall and noting the Jarl was holding court. 

Dolali soon ran out of things to harvest.  Well, other than that farm, but she doesn't randomly grab plants from a garden, unlike plants in the wild.  The khajiit stood up, and got a bit lightheaded as a result of the blood rushing back down to her legs.  She reminded herself to stand up and stretch more when gathering alchemy ingredients.  Dolali waited a few minutes for the bloodflow to be returned to normal before she began to approach the gates of Whiterun.

As Arianna passed by the Gildergreen, there lay an unfamiliar sight at its base. Sitting crosslegged underneath the tree was an argonian in simple peasant clothing from far away. He breathed in and out slowly, and with deliberation. He seemed to be doing something subtly magical as one could evidence from the small globes of light shining from his hands, one golden, the other deep red. He hadn't appeared to notice her at all, or indeed anyone just yet.

The Jarl nodded softly as the last of the peasants left his hall. "And what do you need?" He asked, his eyes going over Arianna, almost glaring at her, as if he had grown tired of listening to the peasants that day. "Make it quick, as the family will be sitting down for sup soon." He said, waiving his hands out, indicating towards the servants who were busy preparing the hall for the last meal of the day.

Arianna bowed her head respectfully, inwardly thinking that she was of with a great start. "I do  not mean interrupt, jarl, I am a mage and a warriorfor hire and I am offering my services to you and your city."She said officially trying to be as respectful as possible. She kept her eyes low seemingly as a show of respect and to avoid questions about her eyes.

The Jarl nodded slowly, sighing a bit softly. "Is that so?" He asked, as his wife leaned over to whisper something in his ear. "Are you sure?" He asked her, turning to look at his wife, who then nodded. "Very well..." He grumbled, as he nodded back. "My wife tells me that she has heard some of the ladies of the court complain about a lack of goods, particularly silk..." He sighed, shaking his head. "The Khajit Caravans haven't been coming here for a few months now, and some of the goods we get from them have begun dwindling. If you can find out why, then I will reward you."

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

The Khajiit placed his hood in such way that it would cover his face, after an almost full hour of walking, he reached the city of Whiterun, it wasn't his favorite place to be, since Stormcloaks and Imperials alike hated certain races, like the Khajiit, Argonians and even specific Dunmers, when arriving at the gate, as expected, he was halted by a Stormcloak wearing standard Whiterun Hold armor and shield. "Ugh, let this Khajiit pass, he is not here to steal from you or anything involved" The Khajiit spat out, knowing that it would probably piss the guard off, but since the guard was already stressed out from working, he just nodded and allowed the Khajiit to go in. 'The Inn, Khajiit should go there...' He thought as he walked towards the Bannered Mare, quietly opening the door and taking a seat on the nearest chair, trying to blend in, but it wasn't working very well, since  he was a Khajiit in the middle of Nords.

@ Anyone in the Inn

Last edited by a moderator:
The Khajiit placed his hood in such way that it would cover his face, after an almost full hour of walking, he reached the city of Whiterun, it wasn't his favorite place to be, since Stormcloaks and Imperials alike hated certain races, like the Khajiit, Argonians and even specific Dunmers, when arriving at the gate, as expected, he was halted by a Stormcloak wearing standard Whiterun Hold armor and shield. "Ugh, let this Khajiit pass, he is not here to steal from you or anything involved" The Khajiit spat out, knowing that it would probably piss the guard off.

@ZeiruliousMakavar Since you control NPCs

(As I said, I only control the important NPCs such as the Jarls or Emmbasadors. So unless you plan on having that specific guard important to your character's story, there's no need for me to control them.)

(As I said, I only control the important NPCs such as the Jarls or Emmbasadors. So unless you plan on having that specific guard important to your character's story, there's no need for me to control them.)

(Oh, huge derp, but if you want to control it for interactions... I guess most people are off right now?)

The Jarl nodded slowly, sighing a bit softly. "Is that so?" He asked, as his wife leaned over to whisper something in his ear. "Are you sure?" He asked her, turning to look at his wife, who then nodded. "Very well..." He grumbled, as he nodded back. "My wife tells me that she has heard some of the ladies of the court complain about a lack of goods, particularly silk..." He sighed, shaking his head. "The Khajit Caravans haven't been coming here for a few months now, and some of the goods we get from them have begun dwindling. If you can find out why, then I will reward you."

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Aria mentaly frowned. Years of training and experience and she was sent to help nobles get their luxury items, than again she did offer her services without making limitations.  Not to mention, caravans going erie may meanbe knew bandit gangs, imperial remnant raids or dangerous animal attacks none good for the larger population. "I will sort it out, my Jarl." She said bowing again and turning to leave. If she was going to look for caravans she needed to find some Khajit , she recalled seeing some back at the Mare so went there. She found one almost immediately as of course they stood up among the nords. "Is this seat taken?"She asked approaching the seat opposite him.

@An Unknown Person

"No, ma'am, the idiot sitting there left minutes ago, said he needed to go back to patrolling, but Khajiit highly doubts that he was really a guard..." Ja'aasha spoke up, while keeping his head low. "And what do you want? Don't act dumb, Khajiit noticed you walking past three empty seats." he nodded towards the three seats by the fire before looking up, finally revealing his face. "Is it because of my armor or because Khajiit entered Whiterun after.... convincing... a guard?" The Khajiit asked with a smile. "Ooh... but don't worry ma'am, he is still alive... you can trust me... if you want." As he said so, he patted his Shortsword holster, trying to signal that he will fight back if provoked.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

She smirked. "No i am not interested in what or how you got here and wasnt acting dump, i rather talk to you sat down rather than standing." She replied ordering a mead. At t least the Khajiit was a sharp one and evidently can handle himself which can be useful with her task."In truth i was wondering if you can help me: are you in contact with any Khajiit caravans that usually frequent the area?"

Dolali walked up to the guards, not knowing about the other khajiit that had passed through, or the possibility that they might not be in the mood for dealing with another khajiit.

"Good day.  Do you mind if I pass through?"  Dolali asked.  "I need to go to the alchemy shop in the city to buy some ingredients and brew potions."

"Khajiit talked with a caravan on its way to Skyrim, owner said his father, Ri'saad, gave him the caravan and that he was heading to Skyrim to do the Whiterun-Markarth route and try to get some septims selling weapons to Stormcloaks, might work, since I heard that the Empire is making the borders a Warzone..." The Khajiit nodded to himself as he said that. "Also, do you know why those guards are trying to stop every Khajiit that walks by? Obviously we are all nice people" He spoke with a sarcastic tone, since he was wearing the Thieves Guild armor.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

(Also, @UmbreonRogue, the GM only controls important chars)

(Oh, hahaha, oops.  Sorry.)

The guards let the khajiit through without a word, which surprised Dolali.  Usually, she had to try to convince the guards of any city gate, and it doesn't always work.  Maybe these guards are in a good mood today?

"Thank you, and I hope you have a good day."

Dolali passed through the gates, and walked to Arcadia's Cauldron, where she began buying the ingredients Dolali needed.

"Khajiit talked with a caravan on its way to Skyrim, owner said his father, Ri'saad, gave him the caravan and that he was heading to Skyrim to do the Whiterun-Markarth route and try to get some septims selling weapons to Stormcloaks, might work, since I heard that the Empire is making the borders a Warzone..." The Khajiit nodded to himself as he said that. "Also, do you know why those guards are trying to stop every Khajiit that walks by? Obviously we are all nice people" He spoke with a sarcastic tone, since he was wearing the Thieves Guild armor.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

(Also, @UmbreonRogue, the GM only controls important chars)

She chuckled. "Yeah with Khajiit like you, it is a mystery." She said sarcastically back falling quite as the need was served. She took it and gulped down half of it. "Just nords being nords I am afraid. The are good people but sometimes pig headed. So the caravans that pass through here aread just looking for greener pastures? The customer base here isnt gojng to be too happy abour that." 

Nixisa  had  made her way through the gates by convincing them that she was a type of Argonian, ignorance was defiantly something she took advantage of when she could.  Now she just needed to figure which stores  to hit up, general supplies, alchemy  ingredients, and maybe a trip to the jarl's wizard.   There was always a chance that the wizard might have a spell tome that she didn't know as while she didn't really use every spell she came across Nixisa tried to learn every spell she could. 

Well anyways she needed to stock up on things for potions and some oils, really some did help  with the cold weather, so it should be the first place to visit followed by the  wizard, then the inn for the night.  Nixisa  slithered on  reading the signs until she found the right one and went into the  shop.  Inside there were ingredients and  potions on display, the range was rather nice though there could be more or one would think there would be more given the central location of Whiterun. Nixisa did notice a khajiit in the store looking  around, she had noticed that there were actually a good number of the beast races around. Maybe it a part of their migration season or something ? Nixisa didn't know  she had not looked into the khajiit and knew more about the argonians. 

Dolali waved at the....person who had just entered the store.  What was she?  The khajiit never seen someone like her before.  Still, she won't be rude and demand what species the woman is.

After going to Arcadia to pay for the ingredients, her curiosity got the best of her.

I suppose the potion brewing could wait.

But she decided not to get to the question right away.  She might as well make some small talk too, right?

"Nice day today, isn't it?"  Dolali casually said to the snake-woman creature.

Users who are viewing this thread