Roleplay Section

Illusionus

Belongs in that dumpster

Tracy Palmer

"Mhm. No, yeah. Look, I'll be fine. I know about the conduit sightings in the city, but... I know... Can I just say something please? Thank you. Almost the entirety of the DUP is here in Seattle. Wherever the conduits are, I'm sure they'll take care of things. Thank you. Just trust me when I any I'll be fine. Alright. Oh, one last thing. You should be getting the check in the mail by the end of the week. You're family. You need it. I'm earning enough to share, I'll be fine. Okay. I'll talk to you soon. Love you. Bye." A young man takes his smartphone away from the side of his face and taps the screen before returning it to the pocket in his jeans. He takes a sip of the coffee on the table he sits at and looks around him. The room the man is in is fairly quiet but with occasional chatter from the people around him. This was a nice, little cafe that he would occasionally go to when meeting someone or to just decompress at. In this particular instance, he was waiting for someone to arrive to talk business. He looks at the analog clock up on the wall behind the glass food-display counter and sighs. "She should be here by now. I hope nothing happened." Taking another drink from his cup, the man takes out his phone to check his messages. The phone screen showed that he had received no new messages. "I hope she's just running late."

Tagged: @purplepanda288

Last edited by a moderator:
The smell of the ocean salt breezes out from the ocean to the small dock Alt is standing on. The wooden raft bobs up and down rhythmically in tune with the water, causing the man to close his eyes and stand still in the one spot too close to the edge of the raft. It is peaceful here.

The cries of the seagulls and the distance noise of traffic is more than enough to bring Alt thinking of the city north of Seattle. He shouldn't but cannot help but to think of the atmosphere of the two different cities on the opposite side of the American-Canadian border. The great big buildings, the ocean front view, and the weather are all too much the same. In his mind's eyes, he could see the green bridge of the Lion's Gate and the banks of North Vancouver, where he and his friends spent a night around a campfire eating smores and telling secrets. Alt opens his eyes and blinks shaking the thought from his head. 

He should not fool himself like that. The environment may feel similar but the people here are very different back at home. Tension, paranoia, Alt cannot pinpoint the exact feeling he is reading from the Americans, but whatever it is, it is not good. 

He climbs up from the raft, to the docks, and stops just before the walkway that follows the Pacific Ocean. Across from the docks, on the other side of the narrow, two way street, is a cafe squished between a bookstore and a small giftshop for tourist. The weather is cool with the high sun barely peeking through the curtain of clouds. Strands of grey hair waves on top of him as Alt crosses the street to buy himself a cup of warm coffee.

STRING OF HANGINGS DOCKSIDE

Body found dangling from rooftop - Third in past month - Has the "Hangman" Returned

Late yesterday, a man's body was found hanging from a warehouse in the Pioneer Square area by police. The suspect has yet to be formally identified but is believed to be affiliated with gangs who have plagued the area in recent months. This is the third case of hanging in the past weeks with authorities now suspecting it is the work of a serial killer rather than inter-gang violence, due to the method and similarities to previous murders believe it to be the work of the so called "Hangman". All victims so far have had criminal records or connections with local gangs such as the Akurans, but police are urging residents to stay safe and keep their eyes open and report any suspicious activity. Authorities are unsure if this the work of a Bio-terrorist or a lone vigilante due to the rudimentary nature of the crimes. When asked if this was a case of Bio-terrorism, the Department of Unified Protection gave this statement. "We have no comment on this case or others like it at this time. If this is proven to be the work of a Bio- terrorist then we will investigate and apprehend the offender." The head of the D.U.P, Brooke Augustine.. Continued on Page 3...

Gordy looked up from the newspaper he had been reading and checked his watch. It was almost time for his shift. The bearded boatman ripped the article from the paper and slipped it into his backpocket, scrunching the rest into a ball. He got to his feet, minding the puddles on the docks and heading towards the bar, chucking the crumpled ball into a bin as he passed.

Alice Randle

Alice was running down the busy streets of Seattle, her home for five year, dodging around random civilians  whom all had their own places to be. Under the thick mat of red hair was a small ear piece transmiting out to all operatives of the rebellion. Good job on findin the information, we can now find the other loose conduits. Well go out for drinks later. And remember May Cole smile on you. All the while she looked down at her rist watch, alarm ran down her like a lot of ice. She was late for her meeting, again, with Tracy. She changed the direction she ran, finally spotting the coffee shop. Alice slowed down as she opened the door to the shop. Hey Kimberly! Get me the usual. The red headed female called out to the bistra, whom was on duty.

Alice sat down across from Tracy, while she was sweaty from running she wasn't giving off any offensive odors. Or mabye it was the over powering smell of coffee keeping her stank at bay. Hey Tracy, sorry if I'm late. The other operatives went out on a mission and I was stuck as the relayer. So what's up? 

Carceen inhaled deeply and climbed off Marcus, wrapping her half of the duvet around herself. 

"That was so good..." Marcus panted, catching his breath for a minute before sliding out of their bed. Carceen took out her contacts and closed her eyes, now exhausted. 

"Babe, can you pass me a smoke"? She muttered, getting her lighter out from her skirt pocket, the skirt on the floor along with the rest of her clothes. Marcus gave her the cigarette, Carceen squinting and lighting it up. She took deep puffs and coughed softly. 

"So good..." 

Marcus climbed back into bed, something else now in his hands. He kissed her neck and sighed.

"More bills, honey..." He showed her the sheets of paper that'd come through the mail.

"Sweetie, I'm not wearing my lenses, so I can't see it. Besides, we can just sell more dope, pay the bills, then get high afterwards. Then, maybe..." 

She kissed him and stroked his chest. "... we can make out again"? 

"We can do that anytime. But we're running low on the dope". 

Carccen sighed a huge sigh, getting out of bed. 

"Let's go and get some then"!

Tracy Palmer

The young man smiles at the woman and chuckles to himself. "Well you should be sorry. You kept me waiting for not even ten minutes." Tracy's sarcastic tone was completely counteracted by his naturally warm smile. "You're completely fine. Gave me plenty of time to let my coffee cool off a bit." He shakes his coffee cup in front of him before taking another large sip from it. "I hope that everything went well for you guys though. I would offer help, but ya know. I got beats to mix; a family to support. You know how the deal." Tracy's eyes dart around the cafe to check the scene and the people around him. "Alright, so here's the deal. I've got another gig coming up real soon. And I mean real soon. Yeah know the one right? Down at the nightclub in the Rainer" He lowers his voice and leans toward Alice across the table. "The DUPes must be onto me. They've begin to focus around that area saying that the area 'requires vestigial ion for a possible bio-terrorist threat'. I can't not show up to the performance cause that would ruin my rep. But if I do show up, the DUPes will be there looking for me and maybe you." The young man leans back in his chair. "So the question is what could we do." He holds up a hand. "Now I won't make you be part of this if you don't want to. You're a fiend and I don't want to drag you into anything that might put you in danger. Even so, I'm just not sure of what to do." 

@purplepanda288

Gordy got to the bar, the Watering Hole, and old quaint wooden saloon that had been on the docks for years. Stepping in he went straight to the bar, catching the apron thrown from the man behind the bar whose shift had ended and tied it on. With a quick nod, as the two boatside barmen went their separate ways and Gordy looked over the bar.

Most of the booths were empty with only a young couple and a businessman within any of them and in front of him at the bar were two regulars, an old stocky man with a white beard and a bald athletic man with an anchor tattoo on his arms, each of them at completely different sides of the bar. Gordy had never asked their names and vice versa so he had nicknamed them Whitebeard and Anchor. They kept to themselves usually so Gordy never minded them on his shift and their drinks were full so he just had to stand back and wait until they needed a refill or until they left.

He wiped down the bar, as the older one looked over his paper. "Any of you's read the paper?" asked Whitebeard

"Yeah, another thug was killed round here yesterday" replied Anchor.

Gordy remained silent as the inebriated elder grunted "Found with a rope round his neck, he was.  So that makes eight people so far, six criminals and those two loud teenagers that came round here."

Anchor took a swig of his drink, wiping the froth from his mouth "They all had it coming I bet. You know how many layabouts and arseholes who come round these parts nowadays. They're all just asking for it."

Whitebeard gave him a quick look before responding. "So what you thinking? You think he's a Conduit?"

"Hah" laughed the tattooed tippler "I thought Conduits all had flashy lasers and superpowers. He's probably just a normal guy, cleaning up the streets, like Zorro or that guy who was good with a rope.... Indiana Jones."

It was a whip thought Gordy, who had moved on to cleaning glasses now but he didn't really care either way.

The conversation carried on for a little bit as the two finished their drinks, with still no word from Gordy and eventually the two left, Anchor leaving first and with a tip of his hat so did Whitebeard shortly after.
So now Gordy was alone at the bar. Just the way he liked it. He grabbed the two men's glasses and proceeded to wash them. 

Today was going to be the day. 
Hector had spent years planning for it. They had made sure to try and keep any ink anyway from him but he had been here for years now and had managed to steal what he needed bit by bit.  It was slow going but at least he hadn't aroused suspicion, people were bound to misplace a pen here or there or at least so they thought. He hadn't got as many as he wanted but it would have to do. By using a fork he had managed to hide in his cell he had picked the lock of the shackles attached to the hands and was free to use his powers.
That was the easy part. Hector knew he couldn't break out of cell from the inside. These DUP's built every cell to the specific requirements of it's occupant but he didn't need to. All he had to do was make them think he had. He had spent years trying to master it but he had finally cracked it, Camouflage. By manipulating the ink from his tattoos he could blend into his surroundings. However it required a lot of ink and he had only mustered enough to maintain it for a minute tops if he was going to have enough left to stand a chance fighting his way out.
Hector could hear the guard approaching to do his regular sweep of the cells. It was now or never. Hector snapped the pens he had gathered, letting the ink soak into his skin and stood back against the wall and concentrated.
"What the!" exclaimed the guard, pulling out a keycard and sliding it against the door panel. "Control, we have an emergency. We have an.." but he was cut off as Hector slammed the guards head against the wall causing him to collapse to the ground. Hector stamped on the prone guards head.
"Take that, fucker." 
Hector took the guard's keycard and stepped out of his cell. He swiped it across the door panel for the cell next to his and entered. A dagger appeared in his hands as he used his ink powers and cut the shackles of his fellow prisoner.
"Stand back, kid." said Hector, as a flaming skull shot from his hand blowing a hole in the back of the cell. "C'mon! We don't have much time." he said as he jumped through the hole and into the snow covered forest outside. He was out of ink, it was all down to the kid now.

@arcaneSentinel @Runakei

It was quiet. It always was in the early morning. Though, this specific morning seemed a bit off than usual. The warden hadn't come to collect him, though, perhaps that idea wasn't the odd part, though, as the previous three nights, she'd forced him to train until he was crippled by the exhaustion. It was only then that he was placed in his cell in order to rest. It had got to the point that even for a Native American like himself - His eyes had grown pale and his eyes seemed void of life as he sat in the corner of his room, resting his body. At least that was until he heard some crashing and screaming coming from the other side of his cell door. 'It'd best not to get involved... You have it better than most... Consider yourself lucky,' The warden's voice seemed to echo in his head. It was no doubt that the woman had broken him to her will. 

As he sat there, helpless, his eyes widened when the door opened. 'A-Already? B-But I can barely move as it-' his thought was quickly cut short when he saw another inmate that he'd seen many times before slashing away at his shackles. and blowing a hole through the wall sending in the cold blast of air. Life seemed to return to his eyes and his body rose from a practically crippled state as his home was mere inches from his grasp. Taking a step into the snow with the male a sudden wall of very thick roots sprouted from the ground to cover the hole behind them as he took off behind the male in a very sporadic and energetic way that was seeming to be fueled by the pure adrenaline as well as the forest feeding him it's energy.

Looking over to the male who he'd hoped had a plan, "Where are we going."

"Seattle. I've got some some friends there who we can lay low with." Hector replied, as they trudged through the snow. "But no more questions. I need you to keep you eyes open for any DUP's." Hector stopped abruptly and looked around before again continuing on. "We won't have long till their out here in force and I'm completely out of juice. So if any show up, it's down to you to take the bastards out." 

They could of tried to follow the road to Seattle, where Hector would be able to hold his own but the DUP's would be their in force so he had chosen a route through the forest. That was the main reason Hector had chosen the kid, most of the other Conduits in Curdun Cay would be as useless as he was out here in amongst the snow and trees but the kid was a completely different story, he was in his element. He would need to stick with the kid until they got to Seattle.

During his time at Curdun Cay, Hector had also noticed that the DUP had a special interest in the boy, training him for far longer then any other inmate. For some reason this kid was important to them and they would most likely want him back alive.That meant at least if things went sideways he had a potential hostage and bargaining chip.

@Runakei

As the male spoke, he simply listened, until eventually, an idea came to his mind, "We might want to stop soon... They'll be expecting us at the forest's break and they won't enter the forest because the Warden can't make Copies of me... So they know  fighting me in the woods. Even in the physical state that I'm in now, I'd be a big mistake on their part. So, it's safe to say we are safe as long as we don't leave the woods." After speaking, Isaac slowed with his running and leaned against a tree, panting. whether the male decided to or not, was up to the male. If he did, Isaac would sprout a tiny Apple Tree that grew average sized apples, however, only a few could grow fully due to the tree's 6-foot size in order to make sure the D.U.P. wouldn't be able to assume their position. "We need to think of a strategy before rushing in head first."

Hector turned around to see the kid had stopped and was leaning against a tree.  For fuck's sake Hector thought to himself. He looked back at the kid and then in the direction of Seattle. He paused, thinking over his options, before walking back towards the kid. "I have a strategy. We keep moving until we get to Seattle and if we see any DUP's you kill them. We are not just going to hide in this forest."

@Runakei

Isaac looked to the male, "An attempt to make me do anything right now would be a very, very, stupid thing to do..." He picked an apple from the tree and bit into it. "You want to be safe... We are safe... You rush towards Seattle, and you'll end up dead faster than you can register what is happening to you. They have copies of you... Soldiers they can use against you... If you want to keep going, go. I'm not going to stop you." He continued to lean against the tree and took a deep breath, "Besides, I was forced to train until my body could not move even with assistance... You're out of juice... You do realize the chances of our survival against an entire convoy of D.U.P.?"

Hector just growled in response, anger covering his face for a few seconds before he furrowed his brow. "Wait. Copies? What do you mean copies?" Hector asked.

Questions filled Hectors mind. Is that what all those tests were about back at Curdun Cay? Was Augustine trying to make copies of all the Conduits there? What was she trying to achieve? She already had an army at her disposal so why was she trying to replicate other Conduit's powers? And how did the kid know?

@Runakei Just a heads up this will probably be my last post for today so we'll continue some other time.

Carceen and Marcus pulled up beside one of the drug dens, pistols already out as the dealers opened fire. Carceen might've just had sex but she'd put in a lot of gun practise, getting adrenalised as she dived to cover, shooting and blowing one of the guy's heads off, blood exploding everywhere. 

Isaac looked to the male who seemed to go from anger to confusion really quickly before asking him what he meant, "Well yeah... What else would she want from extracting DNA? She could study our abilities through mere observation if that was all she wanted to do... I'm not a hundred percent sure that was her intentions, but it seems to be the only logical one." picking another apple from the tree, he'd toss it to the male. "Eat... Gather your strength, the food they fed us was drugged to reduce our abilities... Have something real again..." With a sigh, he'd lean against a tree. "If you ask me, I say we go the opposite of Seattle... Confuse them and go into the city from one of the many back-doors... We'll practically be smuggled in for a price... But it's our safest bet of getting in undetected and without drawing out too much attention."

The inside of the cafe is a warm contrast to the cool weather outside of the humble building. Just as Alt is about to enter, he holds the door open for a red haired girl who soon after called for the barista (Kimberly) and left to sit with a man with her cup of drink. Alt watches the girl with amusement before he too orders a cup of mocha, to go, and heads over to a table by the windows to enjoy his hot drink for a moment. 

The man from the north chats with the friendly female baristas as he waits for his drink. They did not chat for long, but he leaves the worker with a thanks. He rounds some tables and just before he reaches to the table he decided to sit on, Alt passes the table of the red girl and notices the man she is with. Dark eyes widen as he recognizes the young man.

"DJ!" That is all the surprised man is able to spew out before he nearly drops his cup of mocha. After a recovering from his mess up, Alt apologies to the couple. "I'm sorry, I didn't thought I'll meet you before I see you at a venue of some sort." After the big, special performance a while back, news of the popular internet DJ's whereabouts became scarce. There were only rumours and speculation from his most devoted fan to where his next live show may be.

Prior coming to America, Alt had heard of some rumours that the DJ was in town. Although there are no concrete evidence that the DJ  would be performing in the city, he and some of his buddies in Seattle have decided to hit some club and have fun, dancing and enjoying the music whoever may be mixing. 

@arcaneSentinel@purplepanda288

The kid explained himself but it seemed to Hector the kid was pretty much clueless about what the DUP's were planning, regardless of how sure he was. The kid threw a apple in his direction and Hector instinctively caught it. He looked it over before throwing it away. He didn't trust the kid and his apples. The kid then told him his plan, Hector listened before chuckling to himself. "What the fuck do you know about smuggling people and back doors into Seattle? I bet you've never even littered in your life and you expect me to believe you have criminal contacts that can get us past the DUP undetected? I am not going to risk my life on some fantasy of yours."

@Runakei

The fact the male assumed so easily made him a liability, but, Isaac couldn't deny that he owed the this if nothing else. Exhaling, Isaac pinched the bridge of his nose and looked to the male, "Alright, if you are so quick to decide to be recaptured after being released we'll go knock on their front door half wounded and hope for the best... And just an F.Y.I. no one needs a connection, mobs very often perform human smuggling for a price. And I don't exactly have an alignment that I lean towards as long as I and those I care for survive." He stood straight up and looked at the male, "But, I suppose you thought of me useful for your own selfish reasons. Otherwise, you'd of just made an escape for it without me." With another deep exhale he started walking towards the nearest highway, "Come on, let's go..."

Hector was really starting to hate his kid, not to say he liked him very much in the first place. The kid was right, the only reason he broke him out was for selfish reasons, he was only there because Hector needed someone to cover him in case any DUP's did show. Hector was thinking once they got to Seattle he would leave the kid be but now once he was recharged and back to full strength he would just gut the him. No-one disrespected him like that and lived especially this pompous little prick. Until then though he was stuck with him so Hector followed him as they made their way to the highway.

@Runakei

As they tread to the Highway Isaac spoke to the male without looking to him, "Do you really think it'll work? Do you think she'd really spare you and take me? You know how little she cares about us... She'd probably take me and kill you where you stood since you had no further way to defend yourself." he smirked, "I'm not saying we have to be friends... But to her, we are less than the dirt she walks on and I don't think deals would work very well with her." he hopped down a ledge waiting for him to follow. "Besides, despite what people may say or do.. We conduits have no one else but each other..."

Tracy Palmer

Tracy's head perks up from his cup of coffee and he looks around to see a man walking towards his and Alice's table. He quickly gets up and bolts to the man in a split second, so fast that most people wouldn't be able to have seen him move from the table to the man. The DJ covers the man's mouth before he could finish the sentence he was in the middle of. Tracy chuckles and holds his finger up to his mouth. "Shh." He leans toward the man's ear. "You wouldn't mind keeping things on the down low, would you? I wouldn't want some of my... fans to know I come here for coffee." The young man winks before going back to the chair and new friend over. "Why don't you pull up a chair?" Tracy returns to his seat and takes another swig from his coffee. "So, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? How'd you come to know me?" To the man, this may seem like simple friendly banter, but Alice would definitely know that Tracy was working to get some information out of him. If he knew any information about him, the DUPes would most likely not be too far behind him and Alice. On top of that, Tracy was never used to being approached in public for anything but his infamy among the DUP. This was a strange feeling for him

@purplepanda288@TripTripleTimes

What was this kid? A mind reader or something. How did he know that he would sell him out to save his own skin. He hadn't said anything of the sort to the kid but he guessed the kid wasn't as stupid as he thought he was. He was lucky that at the moment he hated Augustine more than him but he was quickly becoming his least favourite person. 
"All we have is each other? What the fuck! Are you coming on to me?" Hector said, disgust evident in his voice.

@Runakei

Isaac didn't have to be a smart individual, it was obvious in its own way.As he watched the male make his way down the ledge and onto the road just before accusing Isaac causing the boy to chuckle, "That wasn't my intention... And just remember, you're the one who thought in that sort of manner, either way... This is where we part... I'm not going back to Curdan Cay, and if you honestly think trading me will save your hide, I'll be doing you a favor by opening your eyes to the reality that Augustine is a psychopathic murderer... Do not try to follow me." And with that he took off into the forest on the opposite side of the highway of which they came from; leaving the male at the highway about a quarter of a mile away from the cities main entrance as he made his way around in attempt to find the river that connects to the city of Seattle where he could be able to get in with little to no problem. 

Once arriving, he'd take his time observing the lake/river in attempt to scout out and D.U.P.

Alt blinks rapidly at the sudden appearence of Tracy Palmer right up at his face, cutting off his words and surprising him all at the same time. Alt's black eyebrows shots up high on his forehead as Tracy pulls away laughing and invites the fan to sits with him and his friend. The grey haired man hesitates for a second but is soon quick to laugh joyously and grins at Tracy, and he joins the DJ and the red head friend by their table.

"Thank you," Alt replies, and at the woman he is sitting beside, Alt smiles apologetic at her. "Sorry for the interuption." He scartches his left cheeck lightly, embarrassed, before he introduce himself. Is other hand rests on the cup of mocha he had ordered and the cup rests on the small table the trio is sitting around.

Their earlier interaction still baffles the man, but for the moment he pushes the subject to a side to be viewed later.

"My name's Alt; I'm from Canada." He grins again causing his eyes to creasent happy moons on his face. "I'm here on a holiday, visiting friends." That is probably enough information for this quick chat, right? The DJ doesn't need to know he has been here for weeks, already memorized the DUP's checkpoints and bypasses for most of those. Alt brings the steaming cup up to his lips and blows a small stream of cooled air before he take a small sip of the dark liquid. Mmm.

"Oh, this is good!" He comments on the drink and continues to drink. "Ah, right. I saw, well heard, your stuff in the internet." He beings to explain himself. "I bought some of your stuff, too! Your first album, in fact!" At that, he looks at the star with eyes bright and happy before it rounds up to realization that he is being too loud again... And acting like a total fan. Ah, god damn it. He apologies in a quieter voice and attempts to tries to hide his face as he drinks his cofee-- mocha. "That's about it. I chatted with some other fans of yours in chatrooms and on the comments section in your videos." He looks down at the cup thoughfully before continuing. "Some of my friends are a fan too. Sometimes, they would bring up rumors of your where abouts and even we go to clubs following rumours, on the street, saying you might be there." He shruggs his shoulders and looks at the other man with amusement. "A friend of mine thew a fit when they realized the rumour was all a lie, but I thought it was all fun."

"I actually didn't thought I'll get to meet you in Seattle. Are you going to have a show?" Alt asks with a hopeful demeanor. He had heard of conduits being in Tracy's last shows, but at the moment, Alt doesn't have a mind whether to believe if there are conduits working for the DJ, if the neon rumours were special effects on stage, or if the DJ is actually a conduit himself. Looking back at what happened earlier, Alt might not able to doubt that the DJ is in fact a conduit. 

@arcaneSentinel@purplepanda288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back