• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Roleplay level filter?

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort
Hey!

I'm not sure if I'm overlooking this, but how about a filter like the Fantasy/Futuristic/Fandom/Realistic ones, but with Simple, Casual and Detailed for the interest check section? I've found myself often clicking on RPs that sound interesting, but are simple which I'm just not interested in at all. It'd be great to be able to sift these out right away. I'm sure others have similar feelings towards at least one type of RP. Is that possible at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you click on one of those genres at the top should have the prefixes 'Closed', 'Detailed', 'Simple', and 'Casual'. And when you click on one of those prefixes the page will change to show only those roleplays who have the specific prefix chosen.

This is the only thing I can think of for your suggestion, unless you wanted a more intricate system.

Just to add, this is what Novel is speaking of. Not only can you specify which "level" and which genre, but you can also filter for one on one partners or for groups. Unfortunately, you can only choose one subject per category. For example, you can ask to filter for people who are looking for a detailed fantasy group roleplay, but you cannot filter for users who are looking for detailed and casual fantasy and science-fiction group roleplays and one on ones.

LifeNovel said:
When you click on one of those genres at the top should have the prefixes 'Closed', 'Detailed', 'Simple', and 'Casual'. And when you click on one of those prefixes the page will change to show only those roleplays who have the specific prefix chosen.
This is the only thing I can think of for your suggestion, unless you wanted a more intricate system.
Oh, shoot, I was a bit vague, I meant in the interest check section!

You can use the search function in the upper right hand corner to accomplish that with the site's new tag system.

Simply click on the magnifying class, then click 'More' to narrow down your search. Type in "detailed", then direct the search to specifically look at content within the Interest check forum. Any threads that have been tagged as 'detailed' by the thread creator will appear in your search results.

You're welcome! You can use that method for any other accessible part of the site as well. The search function on RpN is very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back