Roleplay buddy break ups

So I guess I just broke up with my RP buddy :D

the only reason I really joined this site was to meet new RPers so that I can keep RPing and keep my mind off the break up.

It was a pretty serious relationship and we were friends and RPing years before we got together, but all that is over now.

It feels so sad since none of the RPs I do again will ever be quite and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to find new RP partners and how to get over stuff like this. ALSO share your stories, I wanna know about all your experieces

My advice: Fester in bed and weep for hours on the tragedy of you letting the bond of muses slip betwixt fingers, you fool! At least, that's what I do. Minus the festering and weeping and hours. Close enough, right? You're on the right track with finding new people, I can tell you that much. However I can't say I've ever really been in a situation like your own, because the rarity of intimacy in muse partnership dictates that I just can't let that happen! However if the fates were to sully my path like that, I would actually probably do the aforementioned. A good cry is helpful!

[QUOTE="Under the Bridge]You make it sound like you were dating.

[/QUOTE]
:D we were... and then I guess I just wasn't good enough and now she has a new RP partner and yeah, :,) feeling replaced woo!

UnderprivelegedChilo said:
:D we were... and then I guess I just wasn't good enough and now she has a new RP partner and yeah, :,) feeling replaced woo!
I dare not assume the specifics, because you know what they say about that. However, something like this isn't exactly like bumping naughties with another person, you understand? If it was a matter of you feeling neglected, then don't, because it may just be a misunderstanding. You can have a definitive favorite activity, and a definitive favorite person, but people still get burnt out sooner or later. It's just Human nature. You wouldn't want to only talk to your significant other for the rest of your life, would you? Nor only do one thing with them for the rest of your life, would you? You wouldn't, and neither would they.

Before I spill into a tangent about life as a whole, I'llllll just cut it short and say that maybe y'all just need some space.

Faeyrin said:
I dare not assume the specifics, because you know what they say about that. However, something like this isn't exactly like bumping naughties with another person, you understand? If it was a matter of you feeling neglected, then don't, because it may just be a misunderstanding. You can have a definitive favorite activity, and a definitive favorite person, but people still get burnt out sooner or later. It's just Human nature. You wouldn't want to only talk to your significant other for the rest of your life, would you? Nor only do one thing with them for the rest of your life, would you? You wouldn't, and neither would they.
Before I spill into a tangent about life as a whole, I'llllll just cut it short and say that maybe y'all just need some space.
nah, it was more of a break up because we didn't feel compatible. However now they've moved onto a new partner and with that are started to feeling uncomfortable with any and all interactions with me. Basically its just like a doubley awful break up and having a little hole in your heart :/ because all your characters mean nothing, and their stories will remain unpublished novels.

Hey there :)

I'm sorry about you loosing your partner; I know the pain. I had a MLP RP partner that I had so much fun with when I was about 9 (a very long time ago, it seems like,) and one day she left the site and never came back :( But I've adapted, and met many new people here that I adore! All you need to do is go to 1x1 Interest Checks, and from there you can look for a partner suiting your wants/needs, or you can post your own topic, telling people what you look for in a partner, what you RP, etc. I hope this helps, and I hope you find a new partner :)

I don't think I've ever gotten so attached to a specific partner that I felt bad when they left. I mean I have several roleplay buddies that I skype with but most of them are just that - people that I talk to about roleplay or stuff.

I think the longest relationship I ever had with specific people was when I was in a x-men group. This was when I was a newbie so the people of the group helped me improve my skills exponentially. I would chat with them every day and talk about all kinds of things. Then I went to college and RL slammed me with stuff. I haven't talked to them in awhile but I wouldn't say I miss them or that it was a bad feeling.

Granted I didn't leave on a sour note either. I just left cuz I was busy and they accepted that.

First, allow me to say that I am sorry. I'm sure people will tell you that you are weird for becoming so involved in a story and your roleplaying partner but there are plenty of people who understand you too. I am of the latter group and I know exactly where you're coming from. I had built a wonderful relationship with my best friend through a long role-play spanning five years then, as it often does, life decided to give me a slap of reality. I could spin the whole woeful story of how we are not quite as close or how much I wish we could see each other more often but its better that I didn't. My advice to you is to keep attempting to make new role-play partners like you are now but also don't give up hope on your friend. They may be/start missing you more then you realize and want to come back to write with you again. Both are going to be tough but if you keep your love of writing alive you won't regret it and you will only improve. Again, this is from personal experience so its up to you to take away whatever you want from said advice.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck! May we both find fulfillment soon.

yeah, count me in for the people who totally understand how devastating it is to lose your rp buddy. i am very unfortunate to have at least 4 long-term buddies that i've known for 5+ years and we're so close that we've added each other on facebook and talk a lot about our personal lives. i even met one in real life and we send each other bday and christmas gifts. these people are irreplaceable so if i lost them, it's not like anyone could take their place.

i have been dumped by people i thought i was getting really close to and that sucks as well. recently, my long-term buddy (that's why i said 4, not 5) just disappeared. she hasn't signed on for a year + and she lives in brazil so there's no way of knowing what happened to her. trust me, it spikes my anxiety.

all i can really say is you have to distract yourself. i would make watching animes and kdrama a hobby + listening to music. i would try to read new books. trying to find a new rp buddy when you feel like this is really difficult because you're craving a very specific connection that you and this person developed together.

i will agree that if your friend does return in your life and seems apologetic, you can be forgiving. life gets weird for all of us.

Love is a race, my friend. Break their heart before they break yours. And if you do especially well, the universe itself will say "HEADSHOT". And you'll get like bonus points or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back