Idea Roleplay Adoption

Wylrin

So I tend to personally come up with more roleplay ideas than I can handle. I figured others might share this similar issue, or would like help creating and/or refining their roleplay idea.

This is a place where you can post your roleplay idea, then see if anyone is interested in "adopting" it. Basically, you can put a summary of your roleplay idea here and see if anyone would be interested in making a roleplay out of it. I know I tend to have lots of ideas, but not necessarily the means of making the roleplay.

So yeah! Feel free to post your roleplay ideas below and see if anyone would like to build upon your idea! :3

I like this idea! I tried GMing an RP once, but I found I'd much rather be a player than a GM.

Basically: A coup was launched within the capital city of a kingdom. The Royal family is slaughtered, but the prince/ss makes an escape through a secret passage alongside a few others, either a worker in the castle, a thief in the wrong place at the worst time, etc. The Regenters, loyal to the new Queen/King, try to hunt the survivor, but they manage to flee the city. In the following days, the Loyalists, being the prince/ss and their allies, go around to different forts owned by lords still loyal, get other allies and build something of an army. The Regenters would get to do stuff, too.

It could definitely be improved and expanded upon, but that was the idea.

I love this idea. Here are some plots that I've been slowly retiring over the years and that anyone is welcome to take:

Muse A's sister is getting married soon and is expected to be chosen as her Maid of Honor, but she suddenly finds competing with her sister's best friend, Muse B. Before long, the two women are competing for Maid of Honor and find that while they cannot stand each other, they are secretly attracted to one another. Will their story end in happiness and romance or a bitter rivalry?

Lemmas Peak is a small village hidden among the Alps in Europe. This lovely village is home to many supernatural creatures such as witches, vampires, fairies, werewolves, and much more. While a magical barrier protects the village from curious humans, this does not appear to be the case in December. In fact, humans often find themselves warped there by mysterious means! It is lucky for them that many creatures are open to sharing their holidays with them.

After hearing a mysterious melody, troubled humans find themselves in a strange world filled with various supernatural creatures! Confined to a mythical town known as Luminescence, the humans quickly learn the rules of this world: Should they wish to stay, they must find a supernatural lover to dance with at the monthly Lunar Dance. The clock is on and the humans have thirty days. Will they find their special someone or simply be sent back home?

In an attempt to understand depression in teenagers, psychologists have joined forces with English teachers to develop a new assignment. The idea is that high students will be randomly paired and expected to write anonymous emails to one another. The rules are relatively simple in that constant contact must occur, it'll happen for the entire school year, all emails will be monitored, and students are forbidden from revealing their identities before the end of the project. Anyone can be paired with anyone and one can only imagine what hijinks might ensue.

During medieval times, a mysterious disease escapes dark European forests. What begins with coughing eventually leads to the infected transforming into horrendous monsters. Farmers, knights, religious figures, and civilians alike arm themselves in an attempt to drive away the darkness that threatens them.

These might still appear in my own interest checks from time-to-time since I've been rotating them time immemorial after becoming a Roleplayer, but I encourage anyone to take them and do more justice with them than I ever could. I'd love to see the result, too, if anyone ends up taking these.

So my knowledge of Harry Potter isn't the greatest, but there's an idea that keeps coming to mind. This roleplay would take place some time after the defeat of Voldemort. The basic premise is that it's a normal school year at Hogwarts, until it isn't. Wizards around the world are losing their magical ability, and a band of children/teenagers at the school are determined to find what's causing it.

So my knowledge of Harry Potter isn't the greatest, but there's an idea that keeps coming to mind. This roleplay would take place some time after the defeat of Voldemort. The basic premise is that it's a normal school year at Hogwarts, until it isn't. Wizards around the world are losing their magical ability, and a band of children/teenagers at the school are determined to find what's causing it.
Could I maybe do this with a generic magic school; One that's got mythical creatures in addition to witches and wizards?

Here's another idea that's a bit more developed. If anyone would like to use this idea for a roleplay, by all means, feel free to do so! I'd love to see what someone might create from this idea. :3

It is said that the world of Lumino was much like ours. The days were peaceful and the nights, though dark and concealing of the beasts that prowled, were no more dangerous than any other time of day.

No one knows what changed. Several studies by the wise folk all suggest different things. All that is known is that, countless generations ago, the darkness became more potent. It crawled into the flesh of those exposed to it, eroding at their minds and, some believe, their souls. Anyone caught by the night without a light was turned into a horrifying creature now known as a voidwalker. These creatures have a hunger for flesh and a primordial fear of light in all of its forms.

This event, known today as the Darkest Night, was a devastating blow to the human population, many of whom were subjected to the darkness one way or another. What remained of humanity was stricken with loss and driven by fear. Amidst the chaos, a small group of priests, accompanied by adventurers and guardsmen, traveled far from civilization to the holy site of Gleam. Here, they prayed and pleaded with their god to save them.

Their god heard their pleas and created a great, glowing stone in the sky, now called the moon, to light the humans' nights. Thus began a new era, one where the moon shone on those who would otherwise succumb to the corroding darkness, known as the void.

Countless generations passed, the light of the moon doing much to protect the people of Lumino from the void. But all would not remain well. About 100 years ago, an entity calling itself Abyss proclaimed that the night would reign eternal. It is speculated by scholars that this entity is the same one who brought the void to Lumino all of those centuries ago. This appearance of Abyss, a creature blacker than the Void itself, fired a shot from an ebony bow, its arrow piercing the moon and shattering the great light. Pieces of the moon were scattered across Lumino, though many more were lost to space. Again, the night was the domain of the void.

Now, Lumino has gone 100 years without a moon. Tinder and candles are used as common currency among the good people of Lumino, who must combat the darkness with whatever form of light that they can.

You are an inhabitant of the small village of Wick. Perhaps a simple farmer, perhaps a daring adventurer. Either way, your entire world is turned on its head at night. Will you be brave enough to combat the darkness? Or will you succumb to the void?

The common currency of this world is referred to as tinder and consists of anything that can be burned to generate light.

The rare currency of this world is referred to as luminestones (pronounced loo-min-ess-stones), a crystal that stores sunlight and generates light.

Luminestones are fragments of the moon that have fallen to Lumino.

Magic is quite prevalent in this world. However, magic capable of generating light, such as fire spells, is exceedingly difficult to master.

There are no stars.

Flammable materials such as wood are typically used as fuel for fires, so books are nonexistent. Instead, stone tablets are used.

Wick is a small village that specializes in cotton production. Wax is a small village that specializes in beekeeping. Together, Wick and Wax produce candles.

Timber is a lumber village.

Glow is a small village that specializes in growing bioluminescent fungi.

Light, the capital, is said to capture lightning as light sources.

Since I don't GM anymore, I have to wait for people to come up with something I'm interested in. However, this usually just means I'm perpetually waiting.
It would be totally awesome if I could ever see someone trying to GM one of the following settings.

• Post nuclear apocalypse, wasteland mutants living in a blasted landscape. Meanwhile the rest of (non-mutant) humanity has rebuilt a dystopian megaplex of a metropolitan cityscape. Here, some sci-fi tech exists, but nothing too crazy. Basically something like a generic Judge Dredd analog, w/out such a hard focus on the law enforcement. And for gods sake, not based on Fallout.
  • A space opera with elements of starship battles, smugglers, and far-placed colony worlds. In this setting, playing as a cadre of space pirates or some other criminal antagonist. And definitely NOT as military or colonists. That's been overdone to high hell.
  • Dragonslayers! I consider this setting/sub-genre to be almost iconic. I actually don't know why we don't see more of it. Whether it be guilds, mercenaries, or the king's guard: a group of individuals sent out to slay dragons. Whether this be a regularly standing bounty for the creatures, or an edict sent out across the land to slay a specific beast terrorizing the kingdom.
  • Goblins. Just anything with goblins. Or any medieval fantasy setting (that isn't D&D) that would allow a goblin to feasibly get along in a party. Maybe they are pirates, bandits, or treasure hunters. Just as long as it isn't some goody-goody plot or anything that has some kind of political overture or focus on warring nations. An adventure out in the provinces and wilds!
  • A Star Wars setting set back in the Old Republic. And I don't mean the same setting as the MMO. Specifically, something in the midst of the Inter-Sith wars. Ideally, my year would be set in 3679 BBY. Less centered on the Jedi/Sith and force users, and more about the Scum and Villainy.
  • Futuristic Sci-fi Arena combat. Interplanetary, so as to include alien species. Basically this would be the Colosseum: 9000 A.D.
  • Carpathian styled vampire/witch/werewolf hunters. But without the vamps and werewolves being OP and romanticized as fuck. Think less Twilight and more Nosferatu.
  • Wild West Fantasy. Basically, your classic Wild West scenario: Cowboys, cattle rustlers, train robberies, banditos, etc. but with fantasy races like orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, and the like.
I'm sure I could actually go and dig through my folder of writing stuff and pull out a lot more. But these are just some ideas off the top of my head. I'd be happy to elaborate on any of them. But I am not at all interested in GMing any of them or otherwise be involved with the plot. I want to RP as a player, and be unawares of what lies ahead. And of course, these are all meant for group RP.

Last edited:
One thing I've thought of (but don't currently plan on doing) involved a ragtag group of medieval soldiers that basically go around stealing, burning, and harrying the countryside whenever they aren't attached to the main army. They'd probably be low-ranking foot soldiers/archers, but I also thought it'd be funny to see "mounted sergeants" (commoners) LARPing as fake knights and acting completely contrarily to chivalry... not that the real knights are any different though.

One thing I've thought of (but don't currently plan on doing) involved a ragtag group of medieval soldiers that basically go around stealing, burning, and harrying the countryside whenever they aren't attached to the main army. They'd probably be low-ranking foot soldiers/archers, but I also thought it'd be funny to see "mounted sergeants" (commoners) LARPing as fake knights and acting completely contrarily to chivalry... not that the real knights are any different though.
attach legit bandits into this troupe, so as to open up a non-soldier role to the players, and this sounds like a pretty dope idea!

Goblins. Just anything with goblins. Or any medieval fantasy setting (that isn't D&D) that would allow a goblin to feasibly get along in a party. Maybe they are pirates, bandits, or treasure hunters. Just as long as it isn't some goody-goody plot or anything that has some kind of political overture. An adventure out in the provinces and wilds!

I actually have a roleplay concept that involves goblins and orcs. They aren't the main focus of the roleplay, but one of the six main factions in this universe consists of orcs, goblins, and other species of that nature. Here's a synopsis for the roleplay idea in question:

It started with simple skirmishes, presumably before recorded history. Humans against undead, elves against orcs, dwarves against demons. It is all the world of Asunda has ever known.

Desperate for aid in their struggle against the undead, the humans reached out and formed a shaky alliance with the elves and the dwarves. The elves and the dwarves agreed to assist them in their plight, but only for returned assistance in their own respective wars.

The undead, seeing that their human enemies were conducting diplomatic ventures, sought out allies of their own. An equally shaky alliance was formed among the undead, the demons, and the orcs.

Three wars turned into one massive world war, both sides are struggling not only to defeat their foes, but to cooperate with their new allies. Tensions among humans, elves, and dwarves are just as prevalent as tensions among undead, demons, and orcs. If something doesn't turn the tide soon, the six kingdoms may engage in an all out, every man for himself, six-way war.

As it turns out, there may be a way to end the war once and for all.

The Forgotten Lands, ruled by the mighty dragons, are a place far from the main continent of Asunda. With the power of dragons on their side, surely the war would meet its end.

Both sides agree to send out their own respective group to make their way to the dragons' land, hoping to sway them to their side of the war.

You are among one of these groups sent by your superior officers, and, hopefully, you will return with an army of dragons at your back.

I imagine that, in this universe, goblins and orcs are part of the same faction. Each faction, in my mind, has a slew of creatures under their banner. The elves are not just elves, but all manner of fairies and creatures of nature. The dwarves are accompanied by very basic artificial intelligences. So a goblin character could very easily fit into this world, I think. :3

I actually have a roleplay concept that involves goblins and orcs. They aren't the main focus of the roleplay, but one of the six main factions in this universe consists of orcs, goblins, and other species of that nature. Here's a synopsis for the roleplay idea in question:

It started with simple skirmishes, presumably before recorded history. Humans against undead, elves against orcs, dwarves against demons. It is all the world of Asunda has ever known.

Desperate for aid in their struggle against the undead, the humans reached out and formed a shaky alliance with the elves and the dwarves. The elves and the dwarves agreed to assist them in their plight, but only for returned assistance in their own respective wars.

The undead, seeing that their human enemies were conducting diplomatic ventures, sought out allies of their own. An equally shaky alliance was formed among the undead, the demons, and the orcs.

Three wars turned into one massive world war, both sides are struggling not only to defeat their foes, but to cooperate with their new allies. Tensions among humans, elves, and dwarves are just as prevalent as tensions among undead, demons, and orcs. If something doesn't turn the tide soon, the six kingdoms may engage in an all out, every man for himself, six-way war.

As it turns out, there may be a way to end the war once and for all.

The Forgotten Lands, ruled by the mighty dragons, are a place far from the main continent of Asunda. With the power of dragons on their side, surely the war would meet its end.

Both sides agree to send out their own respective group to make their way to the dragons' land, hoping to sway them to their side of the war.

You are among one of these groups sent by your superior officers, and, hopefully, you will return with an army of dragons at your back.

I imagine that, in this universe, goblins and orcs are part of the same faction. Each faction, in my mind, has a slew of creatures under their banner. The elves are not just elves, but all manner of fairies and creatures of nature. The dwarves are accompanied by very basic artificial intelligences. So a goblin character could very easily fit into this world, I think. :3
is this a war-themed RP? Because I'm not too keen on soldiering or "nation fighting".
Like, could I play a goblin NOT involved in the "military"?
I don't mind at all not being part of the main story. I'm good as a side show. In fact, that works better for me. I don't like being in the center of an epic plot. So Goblins being an aside, will totally work for me.

Last edited:
is this a war-themed RP? Because I'm not too keen on soldiering or "nation fighting".

I wouldn't say that it's a war-themed roleplay. It has a war, but soldiers going into battle aren't the focus of the roleplay. The roleplay actually takes place far from the frontlines, in the Forgotten Lands where the dragons rule. I'd more readily compare it to an expedition-themed roleplay or a group of adventurers braving the wilderness to try and make their way to the Forgotten Lands. There may be some skirmishes between the two alliances and/or quests that the two groups go on while in neutral territory.

Though if this is still too war-themed, the roleplay could always focus on a group of adventurers in the form of humans, elves, dwarves, undead, demons, and orcs/goblins who are just trying to make their way in the world by going on quests and such. There might not even be a war at all, but instead just general mistrust between groups of species.

I wouldn't say that it's a war-themed roleplay. It has a war, but soldiers going into battle aren't the focus of the roleplay. The roleplay actually takes place far from the frontlines, in the Forgotten Lands where the dragons rule. I'd more readily compare it to an expedition-themed roleplay or a group of adventurers braving the wilderness to try and make their way to the Forgotten Lands. There may be some skirmishes between the two alliances and/or quests that the two groups go on while in neutral territory.

Though if this is still too war-themed, the roleplay could always focus on a group of adventurers in the form of humans, elves, dwarves, undead, demons, and orcs/goblins who are just trying to make their way in the world by going on quests and such. There might not even be a war at all, but instead just general mistrust between groups of species.
Do you think THIS character would fit the theme? I can of course change things like her point of origin and other stuff in her bio to meet the setting. But would her character in general be something you could work with?

Do you think THIS character would fit the theme? I can of course change things like her point of origin and other stuff in her bio to meet the setting. But would her character in general be something you could work with?

She's a very interesting character! I like her! I just don't know if I should be hosting a roleplay at this time. I get easily overwhelmed when I'm in charge of a roleplay, so honestly, I'd prefer to join a roleplay rather than host one. But I love conceptualizing roleplay ideas, which is why I made this thread a while back. It's my hope that someone can get some use out of different roleplay ideas, be they my own or others'.

She's a very interesting character! I like her! I just don't know if I should be hosting a roleplay at this time. I get easily overwhelmed when I'm in charge of a roleplay, so honestly, I'd prefer to join a roleplay rather than host one. But I love conceptualizing roleplay ideas, which is why I made this thread a while back. It's my hope that someone can get some use out of different roleplay ideas, be they my own or others'.
I understand that completely. Several years ago, I used to try and GM roleplays all the time. But I'm actually not very good at organizing others and keeping them on track. I lose control of the RP, get frustrated, and yeah... i get overwhelmed with trying to respond to each player. So I don't GM these days. Hats off to those that can manage it.

I guess I'm just hoping someone takes an interest in one of the ideas I threw up there, and I would actually have something I'm interested in joining in on pop up in the forums.

Wild West Fantasy. Basically, your classic Wild West scenario: Cowboys, cattle rustlers, train robberies, banditos, etc. but with fantasy races like orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, and the like.

I would love this! Honestly, a Wild West roleplay in general would be awesome, but one involving fantasy races would be really neat! Or maybe like a Rango roleplay where everyone's a desert animal of some kind.

I would love this! Honestly, a Wild West roleplay in general would be awesome, but one involving fantasy races would be really neat! Or maybe like a Rango roleplay where everyone's a desert animal of some kind.
I've never bothered to actually flesh out the character. But this would be another setting where I'd make a Goblin Bandit. (I just really like goblins). I'm not too keen on furry RPs though. Rango was a cute movie, for sure. But I just don't get into Anthropomorphic animal RPs too much.

Hello! Just wanted to pop in to say that I love this idea and I will definitely be back to pitch ideas and/or adopt others. :)

attach legit bandits into this troupe, so as to open up a non-soldier role to the players, and this sounds like a pretty dope idea!

For sure, brigands, hired help, camp followers, stuff like that would all be good!

I'd found this thread a while back, but had nothing particularly polished that I wanted to toss out into the wider internet. But here I am, back again with an idea!

I made this interest check back in March, but I didn't have time nor energy to start it. It also didn't really feel like my vibe, but it was a cool idea nonetheless, so I wrote it down before I could forget. The only reason I lightly coded this is because I typed in google docs and I always choose pretty fonts before I type. You can ignore the notes, they were there for the people looking at the check (I even had rules down and all, but I didn't add them here) -- but I also thought it might give some insight into what period it was supposedly set in (none).

I also made the beginnings of a... tree diagram(?) of events, but it was so basic, I didn't feel like it'd add anything if I put it here.

Virtuoso

A tale of musicians and the devils they sold their souls to.

Vivace, Capital of Music.

The start of the new year marked a wretched period in the history of the Vivacian music community. A great number of celebrated artists and soloists had died of sudden, unexplainable reasons in the half month prior, and even more had passed of illness and reoccurring addictions. It was known that Vivace’s musicians experienced a short life under the spotlight, but there was no instance where quite so many had expired in such a short timespan.

The abnormality of the situation caused a flurry of action in the wider world. Investigations both public and private made their rounds, newspaper headlines spread the word, music enthusiasts raged, but no one could figure out exactly who or what was behind it all. Or even if it was just a terrible coincidence.

That is, no one but the favoured instruments of the now departed. They were the ones who saw the initial encounter with the enticing contract, the effortlessly easy path to the highest stage, and the final dreadful ending of those who would sell their life for talent. And oh, did the devils that caused this mess know it.

In fact, they capitalized on it. They gave the once-beloved instruments a choice. Become human and save their late owners’ souls, or stay as they always were, unable to affect the events that caused their death.

Of course, some refused, fine with how their players came and went. Some were hesitant, afraid of losing their own souls if they couldn’t do as the agreement entailed. But more were willing, for the people who gave them a chance to have their own souls in the first place.

Summary
In a world where objects loved long enough will acquire a soul, instruments given human form try to earn their performers' souls back from the devils they sold them to.

Based very loosely on a certain devil’s violinist.

Note
Vaguely based in a past era without widespread internet, smartphones and modern media — I’m still debating if I want dial or no telephones at all (if you have an opinion, do tell me). This is an alternate world with none of the countries and periods we’re familiar with, so toss whatever flavour you need since this isn’t going to be anywhere close to historically accurate.

I'd found this thread a while back, but had nothing particularly polished that I wanted to toss out into the wider internet. But here I am, back again with an idea!

I made this interest check back in March, but I didn't have time nor energy to start it. It also didn't really feel like my vibe, but it was a cool idea nonetheless, so I wrote it down before I could forget. The only reason I lightly coded this is because I typed in google docs and I always choose pretty fonts before I type. You can ignore the notes, they were there for the people looking at the check (I even had rules down and all, but I didn't add them here) -- but I also thought it might give some insight into what period it was supposedly set in (none).

I also made the beginnings of a... tree diagram(?) of events, but it was so basic, I didn't feel like it'd add anything if I put it here.

Virtuoso

A tale of musicians and the devils they sold their souls to.

Vivace, Capital of Music.

The start of the new year marked a wretched period in the history of the Vivacian music community. A great number of celebrated artists and soloists had died of sudden, unexplainable reasons in the half month prior, and even more had passed of illness and reoccurring addictions. It was known that Vivace’s musicians experienced a short life under the spotlight, but there was no instance where quite so many had expired in such a short timespan.

The abnormality of the situation caused a flurry of action in the wider world. Investigations both public and private made their rounds, newspaper headlines spread the word, music enthusiasts raged, but no one could figure out exactly who or what was behind it all. Or even if it was just a terrible coincidence.

That is, no one but the favoured instruments of the now departed. They were the ones who saw the initial encounter with the enticing contract, the effortlessly easy path to the highest stage, and the final dreadful ending of those who would sell their life for talent. And oh, did the devils that caused this mess know it.

In fact, they capitalized on it. They gave the once-beloved instruments a choice. Become human and save their late owners’ souls, or stay as they always were, unable to affect the events that caused their death.

Of course, some refused, fine with how their players came and went. Some were hesitant, afraid of losing their own souls if they couldn’t do as the agreement entailed. But more were willing, for the people who gave them a chance to have their own souls in the first place.

Summary
In a world where objects loved long enough will acquire a soul, instruments given human form try to earn their performers' souls back from the devils they sold them to.

Based very loosely on a certain devil’s violinist.

Note
Vaguely based in a past era without widespread internet, smartphones and modern media — I’m still debating if I want dial or no telephones at all (if you have an opinion, do tell me). This is an alternate world with none of the countries and periods we’re familiar with, so toss whatever flavour you need since this isn’t going to be anywhere close to historically accurate.
I like this concept a lot! It happens to have quite a lot of elements I enjoy. I really like Niccolo Paganini's legacy as well. (and his works too of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back