Rissa's Writing Resources

RZA

rip dale gribble
RISSA’S WRITING RESOURCES
A massive collection of webpages, guides, and tutorials that I’ve collected throughout the years.

Inspiration First

There are many more places to draw inspiration from, these are just ones I frequently visit.

• Personally, I think a lot of people underestimate the power of google and just how much it's capable of. One thing that I've learned when it comes to searching for pictures: simplicity is key.
  • Pinterest is a wonderful site & with its boards, a person can store picture references for any story.
  • Please respect the wishes of the artists on DeviantArt and ArtStation and if stated, do not use their pictures for anything but inspiration for your writing.

Worldbuilding:

Holly Lisle’s How Much of my World do I Build?

Chuck Wendig’s 25 Things You Should Know about Worldbuilding

Victoria Strauss’ An Impatient Writer’s Approach to Worldbuilding

Veronica Sicoe’s Top 5 Worldbuilding Must Haves

Need help creating fictitious pantheons? Well look no further

• Elfwood has a nice tutorial on how to create a pantheon.
  • Inkwell Ideas has a great guide written by Joe Wetzel and has tons of other links in the sidebar.
  • I highly reccommend anything from TVTropes, like this short but informative page.
  • Springhole has a very interesting page (with links to more tutorials) on creating fantasy pantheons.
  • This page has interesting views on crafting a pantheon and is well worth the read.
  • This is an interesting read on the creation of your fantasy world.
  • A great reddit page where the OP talks about the creation of pantheons.
  • A guide focused on the creation story of your world helping design it’s belief system.

A few links regarding ConLang Creation:

1. Council of Elrond » LotR News & Information » How To Create Your Own Language
  2. The Language Construction Kit
  3. Create a Fantasy World | Worldbuilding | Language | Fantasy Scroll

Highly Recommended Generators:

Writing Magic:

Some random but well worth the read links:

1. A great link regarding progress in Fantasy Settings
  2. A guide on creating Realistic Fantasy Animals
  3. A long guide on how to Create Your Own World
  4. Fantasy Scroll has a three part guide on creating your own fantasy world here.
  5. WriteWorld - WriteWorld is a wonderful place to find inspiration and tutorials on many things writing related.
  6. You can find a list of everyone they follow here, for even more inspiration.
  7. WriteWorld's Writer's Toolbox has tons of resources.
  8. Clevergirlhelps has a wonderful masterpost of writing links.
  9. This page has a small collection of links that are quite useful.

Hope y'all find these links as useful as I have!

Hey, this really does look helpful; I immediately noticed the worldbuilding for lazy writers bit, haha. I'll have to remember to come back to this and give it a more thorough read! Thanks for putting the effort into making this!

Holy shit, those pictures in ArtStation are so good. Thank you so much, man! I'll be sure to use them for my RPs when I need 'em and I'll also take a short look at the other posts too.

Damn, those posts are so elaborate... I think... I'll... read them later.

Last edited by a moderator:
SkyCommander said:
Holy shit, those pictures in ArtStation are so good. Thank you so much, man! I'll be sure to use them for my RPs when I need 'em and I'll also take a short look at the other posts too.
Damn, those posts are so elaborate... I think... I'll... read them later.
Yeah ArtStation is a wonderful place to gather inspiration, just remember to respect the wishes of the artists! And lmao, I think they're all a bit elaborate. Ya definitely need some free time to read em through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back