• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rising in the Sand. [OPEN]

General Deth Glitch

Two Thousand Club

Rising in the Sand!
pe_desert_waterfall.jpg

The world ended. No one is left to remember what happened. For a time people struggled to find their way, scouring the wastes for food and, most importantly, water. Those who had yet to learn the dangers of salt water attempted to drink it, they didn't last long. No, indeed, all that is left is sand and the sea. Some found their own oasis, others made the salt water safe and drank that. If you were innovative you would find food, be it nice or not. Another generation and people, as always, want more from life than simple survival. Some band together to form safe communities, others to steal. Now, as yet another generations passes, there are bastions of strength, fortresses for those willing to extort others for their own gain, hidden havens for those fearing the others. Will you make your future at the expense of others? Will you fight the forces of greed and selfishness for the future of humanity? Perhaps you will make your way by being at the service of others, giving them what they want in return for what it is you want.

Think of this like Mad-Max, but without a guy called Max that fucks up all plans and is infinitely badass.

You can do anything you want in this world, but ultimately this RP is about the rise of these different 'leaders' and their competition for supremacy over this continent. However, despite this don't feel the need to RP as one yourself. You could perhaps be the leader of a mercenary convoy, able to help them in their ambitions of conquest or, if you wish, roam the land as a badass getting in everyone's way.. just don't call yourself max or you would make me a liar.

((You need to apply, thank you.))

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chosen One!

Markus was cleaning his blades, another attack. He knew he had to find out who this heretic was, wandering the wastes leading people astray. The attacks were coming fiercer and faster. Something big was on the horizon, he knew it. The local warlords had established themselves as powers, unlike those hiding in the wastes still fighting each other to be the 'big dog'. He knew where he stood with them, it was a mutual deal. For now. He didn't bother them, they didn't bother him. But he needed to bolster the ranks of his loyal followers, his god could only do so much to ensure victory so, while he sated merlin's thirst for blood, he needed more followers to lead into battle against this foe. The few who were deemed more important than the rest were brought to him, the only survivors not given to his men as slaves. He eyed them, had a small talk with one of his nearby men and had them all dragged into the temple bus. He looked one up and down, smiled and said "Who is this false god you worship, tell me of his lies, tell me who lies about his god." in a calm voice. The man spat at him, Markus motioned to the man left of him. The man who was sitting furthest away from the one who thought it was to spit was brought to the altar, his head held firmly over the sacrificial basin by some of Markus followers. Without turning away from 'Mr. spitting man' he cut the head off of the man, blood gushing into the basin as the head just fell forwards and hung there, held up by the hair. "What does the lying man say." he said, this time with a noticeable edge to his voice, his smile unwavering. The spitting man was looking shaken. This time Markus grabbed the next man himself, This man WILL talk though Markus as he looked at the unwilling participant and, with unspoken help from his men, held the man's neck over the basin. Markus looked at the spitter and slowly cut the man down the chest, visibly cutting through organs and, sometimes struggling through cartilage. The spitting man was all that was left of the trio brought to Markus as the second man's blood spilled into the basin, some of his organs following suit. The man looked terrified but he placed both arms on his chest, the form of prayer markus had seen before from them and then the man looked up, wide eyed, and suddenly ran at Markus. In a swift movement Markus stabbed the man at the top of his neck, cutting his way out. The man gurgled and then fell to the ground. Then Markus looked furious, every time they had refused. This was not the first time he had interrogated them, but this was the first time one had had the determination to attack him. Markus kicked the limp body out into the desert heat. He lifted it onto its knees, sitting as though pleading for help, head limply resting on his knuckles. Markus screamed a curse at the dead man and began hacking away at his dead body, blood flying everywhere. "MARLIN CHOSE ME!" he screamed "I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!" as hacked away "YOUR FALSE GODS LIE!"

King of thieves

King arthur, known to some as the King of the Thieves, sat in his throne, on the back of a modified dumptruck. He looked over the market, it was busy today, this likely meant some news from off of the peninsular, something he should know. He rose from his mighty throne of scrap and strode down to ground, flanked by some of his 'knights'. He knew his scouts would return soon with news from the market but he wanted to be among his people, show he still cared. So as people groveled at his feet he decided not to kick them away on this sunny day, but to merely take a step back and smile. He thought that he was being exceedingly generous. Then a scout arrived. "My liege, there is dire news to tell" the scout said politely, that was one of the prerequisites to be a scout, you must speak to the king like that, it was a cushy job, work maybe twice a week at most and have the luxury of staying within one of the halls, for some even Camelot itself. "The people tell of a great force rising in the wastes, a force to rival that of the Chosen one and his divine followers of Merlin. It is said that even the chosen one himself is worried. They speculate he may turn to us for support, as you look kindly upon all who show courage and are the man with the resources to back such a mighty man." The scout said.

"Then the people are wise. He will turn to me, of that I don't doubt. But will he then turn against me? I know he wants a place to live, after I burned his village to the ground, you know they say he is from MY peninsula, people say it was me who burned his village to the ground, what better revenge then to steal my men and use them against me?" He laughed "No, we will back him, for the right price. I sell him so rubbish about my devotion to his cause and his god, buy us many years of his protection, then sell him troops, as many as he can afford. Then I get paid to look after my safety, that is if this force it wastes loses this battle that is apparently to come. For it is said he will wage war on us all. That's what those who brought the rumours of his existence many years ago said." The King smiled at the scout, put out his hand so the scout could kill his ring, and then headed back up to his throne. "Back to Camelot, get me away from this filth." he said before smiling and waving to those that watched from the market.

Joshua sat in his Great Hall looking over his servants. His throne was a large assortment of materials compounded together to resemble something of fortitude, lavished in comforters, cushions and fabric to make it a comfortable resting place or seat for many - It was justly a bed. He sat in it square, both arms reaching outwards to mount firmly on the armrests as though they were the corners of his Kingdom.

The BarrenAegis

Raising his voice, Cody, beckoned his Judges attention. The King turned his head to glance at his head advisor and gave him the queue to begin reading the census.

"Wild life found flourishing in the wilderness this week. Three shrubs - already dried out and dead. Dried grass... clear impression of capacity to bear potential growth. A few flowers... and insects still thriving off of what's left of our food supply, The dried vedura..."

Cody sighed... it wasn't much of a better review than before. Had the rest of the world been thriving, they never would have known it. They were confined within their boarders by vast distances of barren waste, rocky mountains, cold nights and enemies. People didn't travel outside the boarders, It was forbidden by Royal Decree.

Clenching his jaw, and give his neck a stiff stetch, Joshua put out his left hand, "Give me that." He received the Chalk board from a devout follower. Cody didn't have to thrive under Joshua's rule to assert that Joshua was a fitting King. Cody would have elected Joshua to rule himself had he been dragged before him in bonds.

What Joshua had done was Enforce with a mighty hand Dictatorship over a substantial region of mountainous terrain on the boarder of a vast desert. Setting for himself a Citadel overlooking the plains, while his kingdom thrived in the more promising territories.

Broken into three Districts, The BarrenAegis had two Barons: Charles the Lizard, and Andrea the Giant (without any intended reference to the man who happens to share this name. Andrea is generally average large. (6'2")). They rival over loot, and distribute it between their two factions with bias and prejudice. Words of mouth and Feats of Might determine all earnings. Ironically, One Baron was presumably representative of one of the characteristic more than the other, while all demonstration indicated otherwise. Cultural profiling.

Joshua, handed the Chalk board back to Cody, but before allowing him to accept it, he flicked it aside to land on a servants stand where drinks and food would be brought. "Yeah. just go have a day. I'mma be out of here before these knobs by the looks of it." ~ A few men were gathered in small distinctly separate groups discussing various topics about the town, lizards, food, other towns, the heat...

The Judge scowled as his Advisor departed. War... if we're gonna get up, we're going to war.

The Three

Even outside the Walls the crowds stood thick to witness the sending ceremony, one of the rare occasions where the Triplets of the Triumvirat would be seen together. All eyes where pinned onto the Stagetower that throned up on the Tower of the

wallship. When a small girl in a pure white dress stepped out of the entrance and set up a microphone to announce in the tiniest of voices, barely heard over the mics feedback.

"The Mothers of Mothers."

The mainly female crowd within the walls began chanting: "Mothers. Mothers. Mothers!"

Finally the three women emerged the Motherly in a Blue dress, to her right hand the Keeper in her red coverall, weapon belts and impressive shoulder pads and her head held high proudly to her left the dreamy apparition of the Sister, with her pure white labcoat over a jumble of colourfull clothes, her eyes behind makeshift glasses. The tiny Girl kneeld down in their middle holding upward the mic for them to speak. All the women and the better adjusted of the men allowed to live in the Oasis proper in unison stopped their chanting, while the curious crowd of strangers and tranders in the bazar outside the walls still maintained a certain buzz of conversation, but all eyes where on the three holy women.

The Motherly cleared her throat and started to talk. "My beloved Daughters!" The Keeper was the next to talk it was as if the sentence was passed from one to the other but her tone of voice was much more stern and lacked her sisters warmth. "Today we send our Daughters the Valkyries."

The dreamy voice of the Sister finished the sentence. "To give the motherly gift of Life." they went on in unison their voices strangely resonant together. "Thrice be blessed our Daughters and our Holy Water they deliver."

The crowd in unison answered them, eerie to ears that had never yet heard it. " Blessed thrice by the Mothers." to chant for quite some time again. "Mothers of Mothers!" During this the Mighty roar of three great Engines was heard and the Trinity a giantific War Rig with 2 wide Road Tanker Trailers drove through the crowd that parted in front of it out of the Oasis Gates. Her Captain, a Woman all in leather not dissimilar to the Keeper (but younger) standing on the Tractor units roof. The engine stopped just when she had emerged from the Shadow of Oasis and with harsh blue eyes she scanned the crowd turning around then looked up at the Triplets and bowed down just like the little Girl.

declared in unison and each successively raised their hand so its shadow was cast onto the kneeling woman in the threepart form of te Oasis Coat of arms. Just moment later the mighty Tanker chased down the dirt road northwards accompanied by a swarm of Dirtbikes ridden by leatherclad warrior-women.

The Pharaoh

A dim light passed into the room through the gaps in the mismatching metal plates crudely welded together. In the center of the room two very different people sat opposite to each other. One was covered in dirty rags that by no means could be called clothes. The other wore a clean, shining white suit. Ignoring the difference in appearance, there was present a sense of familiarity in the air.

"Are you sure about it?" asked the man in the suit. His wide shoulders were down, almost as if under some heavy weight. Despite the large powerful body he looked harmless, no, he was vulnerable. The dark skin on his face was making a dissatisfied frown. His name was Felix.

"The east is like a disturbed beehive. Kheh-kheh! When the King of Thieves lowers his head to a crazed fanatic, together two men shall give birth... to the largest army in the world!" chortled the one covered in dirty pieces of cloth. As if ignoring his old age, the atmosphere around him felt unusually carefree.

"They are far to the east, there is no reason for them to come here. We can protect our borders."

"Not against the half of the world." pointed out the old man.

"Why?" said Felix "Ahh... Their alliance is against the savages of the west. With Utopia in the middle, our lands will become the battlefield."

"Truthfully so."

For several seconds Felix was lost in thought, until he slowly stood up, straightened his back and shook his head. There wasn't a hint of weakness in his presence now. The one who stood in front of the old man was not Felix, it was the Pharaoh. Air shook under his voice:

"Utopia will not overlook a threat to its peace. The Pharaoh desires to speak to his people.
Get lost."

"As you wish, my son" The old man smiled bitterly.

TL;DR
  • Utopia is wary of the potential threat from the east. Border patrols have gotten frequent and are wary of suspicious strangers.
  • A convoy is sent to the Oasis of the Fates. A road tanker full of fuel accompanied by a two dozens of guarding mercenaries. A full tank of fuel is a gift. The message is "Let us be in good terms".

The Infector:

"Hey give me a beer!" Said a voice while Kazuma was enetering the bar. The bar stood silent as kazumi came in "get to your own business boys!" Shouted Kazumi which made the whole bar go back to what they were doing. Kazumi sat down on the bar stool as the bartender was making beer out of tin cans. "I'm a big fan you, you know" said the bartender "Yeh yeh just give me a beer" "will do sir!" Said the bartender. The beer got passed down the table and stopped at Kazuma he slowly picked it up and finished it in one gulp. Kazuma slammed the glass down, got up and left without an word. He started walking on the streets of poison city making sure everyone was doing the right job. He finally reached the boat to go to the other island. He went aboard the boat. As he was halfway through the disgusting salt water he made it. He hopped off board only to find 2 bandits keeping 7 people hostage. Kazuma reacted quickly and took out his hose. He started spraying the venomous poison acid all over them, their screams of pain echoed through the whole Island. "Wooooohooo!" Cheered the crowed as Kazuma was walking over to the dead peoples body. Once he reached the body's he spat on them "show no mercy!" He yelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back