Aliases: Commander Rho; Rugged Rho

Faction: Azeron (Leader)

Organizations: Barrier Blockade; Spirit Forgers

Magic Type: Artifact Knight

Family: Lucia Alexander (Daughter): 8

Appearance:

3010_ba30-e1424849537262.jpeg

Personality: 

Warrior, leader, hero, father; such words to describe Rhovanion, but in his heart he yearns for peace. Mostly bold and brash around his faction, but a caring and lovable father to his daughter. He does what needs to be done, hopefully in the name of peace and justice.

Backstory: 

To be born as a descendant of Zeron Alexander was to be born with the heart and soul of Azeron itself. Rhovanion knew this very well. From an early age he began his training in the ways of spiritual smithing and artifact containment. By the age of 10, he crafted his very first Agrot dagger. Slowly and indefinitely, him along with his father - the Azeron Leader - studied artifacts: the insides and outs of the enchantments behind them, and how to use/manipulate them properly. By age 15 he was already well past any expert-level Azeron members, and forged his very own Dugolz greatsword. Needless to say, a basic life of an Avarice villager was implausible; from the day he was born, Rhovanion was a warrior. But things change.

Upon turning the age of 17, Azeron and Semangat had initiated their 2nd War against one another. By this point in time, Rhovanion was a Master clansman in Azeron; a title few held (as to be expected of an upcoming leader, he would think to himself). However, at the spark of the war, an odd emotion filled his heart at the sight of a beautiful woman: Aela Valentine, who too was a highly skilled individual, though unknowing of that fact at the time. Aela was the brightest blossom in a garden of roses. The time they spent together was magical, and they were always together. Rhovanion's father, preoccupied with the war, was blind to Rhovanion's affair, until came the time they needed him most. Before, his father would protect him by keeping him concealed from the war. Rhovanion became a village citizen. He settled down, bought a home, and for the first time, he felt what it was like to live life without stress and fear of violence. For 4 years Rhovanion and Aela were together, and by the age of 21 (Aela 22) they were to be wed and have their first born. Yet the Semangat were still advancing.  Azeron special forces were killed in action, and Master clansman were to be called onto the front line. The wedding was to be postponed as a result.

Bidding his pregnant fiancé goodbye, he dreadfully followed the order of his father and faction. Three months into deployment, Rhovanion was kidnapped. He awoke into enemy territory hours later, but to his surprise, Aela was there, along with a small baby girl in her arms and the Semangat leader. He was chained and stripped of all armor and weapons. The kidnapping was to lead Rhovanion's father to a Semangat hideaway, and  to discuss the secret affair between the heirs of both factions, that of which Rhovanion had just learned of himself. During the tense arguing, fights broken out, and tears shed, Rhovanion desperately tried to find a way to resolve the dispute between Azeron and Semangat, or else he could risk never seeing his fiancé and child. He overheard the start of the war: a stolen rune that was a symbol for the Semangat, and an alliance broken. Semangat was to deploy secret squadrons to retrieve the rune on a Friday outside the barrier and needed the aid of Azeron, but Rhovanion's father decline the proposition, causing their alliance to crumble.

He offered to retrieve the Rune, in return for the war to stop and for the factions to live peacefully; all for his family's sake. After assuring the Semangat leader that his father will not stop him, he agreed, and a ceasefire was ordered. Aela too, offered to go, thinking it would be unfair to both factions if Rhovanion were to do the Semangat's quest alone. Following a long, tedious, and mournful debate, the quest was set out. Their child was in the loving hands of Lucia, a nanny to Aela when she too was an infant. The lovers left on a bright Thursday morning, and were to be back Friday night before the rain. The extensive journey was excruciating, but soon came to an end. An enormous Drake demon was guarding a nest. Within the nest lied the Drake's eggs and the rune. Unable to sneakily grab the objective, they were forced to combat with the drake.

"Lucia," she whimpered, as the pain seethed throughout her entire body, "her name is Lucia.."

The Drake was almost outmatched, until it flung Rhovanion against a towering, dying tree. Putting her heart above duty, Aela shoved Rhovanion aside just as the Drake stroke with its tail, impaling Aela. Rhovanion, lashing out in rage, delivered the final blow to the Drake as he pierced its heart. Desperately, he tried to remove the tail, healing her, kissing her, but nothing worked. Aela smiled. Her weak, frail, lifeless hand placed a gold wedding ring upon Rhovanion's ring finger, before saying her final words: "It's a beautiful name, isn't it?" He watched, tears streaming - but in emotional shock - as a golden glow slithered onto Rhovanion's sword. It wrapped around the hilt and blade before finally fading into place. Her ribbons (which were decor on her attire) were off of her dress, and woefully Aela's life came to an end. Rhovanion gave in to his emotions, and hugged his now dead wife close to him as he cried that entire Thursday night.

Sorrow arrived in Avarice for the factions of Azeron and Semangat. The night he arrived, he returned the rune, but also the body of his wife. Another war almost broke out in depression for Aela, but Rhovanion knew only more senseless death would come of it, calming both factions. Since the mission, each day with his daughter was a blessing. He raised her, along with the help of the Semangat faction. For his heroism and grief, he was rewarded the Conjoiner's Steel from the Semangat leader himself. In time, the people of Avarice accepted a grave loss, and with time came thought. Rhovanion has since fought for peace and justice for the people, and especially their daughter.

At the age of 24, Rhovanion's father retired his leadership due to old age. As he became the faction leader, Rhovanion was gifted the Blessing of Azeron, and his first action as leader was to give his daughter Lucia the authority to choose her own fate, as well as the order that none in Azeron could pressure her to do otherwise. Aside from the over-protection of his daughter, he proved to be a well-rounded, natural leader and commander. He took his role very seriously, and to this day has and still is drastically changing Azeron for the better. He understands that violence, war, and death is uncertain, and inevitable. But there is one thing he's always certain of: Lucia is a very beautiful name.

Items and Belongings: 

Seeker’s Greatsword – A greatsword surrounded by ribbon. The spirit of his wife blessed the ribbon when she died. Since, the ribbon has irremovably wrapped itself around his sword, rendering his weapon invulnerable. With the sword he forged himself and the ribbon from his wife that entwined it, he dubbed this sword The Sword of The Seeker.

Guardian’s Embrace – The pair of gauntlets worn on both arms come from two different sets of armor, and both of which were enchanted and passed down between factions and families for generations.

Skills and Abilities:

• Strength & Stamina – Due to intense training and conditioning, he has massive amounts of strength and stamina. He has a lack of speed, but he is by no means slow.
  • Spirit Forge – Rhovanion is known to be a master in forging, enchanting, and blessing weapons, armor, and artifacts.
  • Natural Leader  – Over the 5 years as Azeron’s leader, Rhovanion has become quite infamous for his smooth tongue and perfect knowledge in leadership.
  • Artificial Knowledge – Since there is such a vast selection of Artifacts, Rhovanion is known for being able to have a mastery of few and knowledge of many. Mostly, he can learn to use new artifacts in time, but there are many he can’t/doesn’t/won’t ever use.

Spirit:

• Seeker’s Bloom – The ribbon was said to have a hidden power, fronting as both spiritual enchantment and an artifact for his greatsword. Elders he’s discussed this with say that the power of this ribbon can be unleashed, but at the price of what he has left of his wife, he isn’t sure if he wants to release it at all.
  • Conjoiner’s Steel – See below

Artifacts:

• Forged Seals (Agrot) – Rhovanion mainly carries an abundance of Kril Artifacts, as they are his favorite to maintain. Aside from a couple of potions here and there for healing and enchanting his physical being, he mostly carries Agrot in the form of paper-thin metallic seals. Some examples of seals he may carry are:

Reflera: This seal allows the target to withstand twice as much damage taken than normal and reflect it. He enchanted this seal to break before draining too much of his stamina, so only a short amount can be reflected.
  • Magmaga: Target is as blinding as the sun and/or as hot as magma. Lasts for less than a second; Rhovanion managed to manipulate the enchantment to work for the seal’s shine to occur the direction the seal is pointing.
  • Elemental: Target gains an elemental buff momentarily. Can be used on weapons and armor; usually lasts around 2 seconds. List of Elemental Seals:

Fira – Fire Seal; Sets the target on fire.
  • Thundaga - Thunder Seal; Electrifies target. Can stun, but mostly used for shock.
  • Curaga – Healing Seal; Heals target
  • Aerora – Wind Seal; Target gains ability to summon strong winds momentarily.
  • Gravira – Weight/Enhanced Gravity Seal; Makes target significantly heavier.

[*]Azeron’s Bane (Dugolz) – Aside from Rhovanion’s Seeker’s Greatsword being an invulnerable metallic weapon, assigned to it are some of nature’s most powerful enchantments, causing his sword to be a Dugolz artifact. Although he can cast some spells from it, he rarely drains the energy from his sword, as it takes far too much of his stamina for even some intermediate spells. However, a basic spell he uses quite regularly is Formara, so he can shapeshift his sword into other weapons, and it drains the least amount of energy (still high compared to normal artifacts). Shapeshifting his sword will render it vulnerable, and if damaged too much will immediately revert back to its original form (obviously some weapons are more durable than otheres [i.e. sheild > bows]). You’ll find him shapeshifting his sword into a bow, a spear, and even a shield for a very short period of time.

• Azeron Arrows (Ro): Basic arrows enchanted (Aeroga) to fly farther and faster than regular arrows. He’ll sometimes place elemental Agrot seals upon them before firing, but often the Agrot will disable the Aeroga effect, and some elements won’t work on arrows at all. Rhovanion is also only capable of firing three in succession, as too many will leave him fatigued.
  • Azeron Quiver (Suleyk): A quiver that has the sole purpose of keeping the Azeron Arrows and Forged Seals empowered with its Stopara enchantment (an enchantment that stabilizes the energy use in a target).

[*] Guardians' Embrace – Further elaboration of the two armored Gauntlets Rhovanion wears:

• Blessing of Azeron (Darian): On his right arm (notably the one with an oversized shoulder-pad), he wears the Blessing of Azeron, infamously worn by the founder of the Azeron faction Zeron Alexander, who was given this gauntlet by one of the seven legendary heroes and has since been passed down his family for generations. This gauntlet not only gives him additional strength to bare the armor and his sword, but enough strength to lift a humongous boulder with struggle.
  • Conjoiner’s Steel (Murkib): Given to him as a peace offering from the Semangat faction and formerly used by Spirit Smithers, the Conjoiner’s Steel is a symbol of peace. It gives his left arm strength, but also allows him to sense malleable spirits and ancestry through contact (this power isn’t as strong as an intermediate Semengat member’s, but its strong enough).

Quotes: 

"You smile just like your mother." (Talking to Lucia)

"You say run?" (Sarcasm when speaking to faction members)

"I will not falter!"

"JUSTICE!" (Battle cry)

Song: You Say Run

Sorry it took so long. After seeing Alteras' post in Magic about artifacts, I decided to make some changes. Hopefully I won't take so long next time~

Last edited by a moderator:
I only really have 2 problems. The first being "artifact master". Having him make "All known artifacts....easily" is what bothers me. That means he can make artifacts that we create later and he can mass produce them. You can limit that to very difficult for him to make certain artifacts or something along those lines but its too strong right now. 

The other thing is having him change his weapon into a bow or spear is fine, but there shouldn't be enchantments on the arrows or spear/shield. That's just a little too much.

Everything else is fine just change those 2 things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe I hated that his wife died, either way I loved the backstory and I am totally fine with how you added my faction in there.

I'm glad to have such a strong ally .

Although I think I missed something is his wife a relative of the Spirit faction, the part where she was taken at that moment I got very confused. Sorry.

Can you please explain that to ( very interesting by the way ! )

I only really have 2 problems. The first being "artifact master". Having him make "All known artifacts....easily" is what bothers me. That means he can make artifacts that we create later and he can mass produce them. You can limit that to very difficult for him to make certain artifacts or something along those lines but its too strong right now. 

The other thing is having him change his weapon into a bow or spear is fine, but there shouldn't be enchantments on the arrows or spear/shield. That's just a little too much.

Everything else is fine just change those 2 things.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured I may have made him too OP. I'll pm you my changes later before posting them. 

Although I think I missed something is his wife a relative of the Spirit faction, the part where she was taken at that moment I got very confused. Sorry.

Can you please explain that to ( very interesting by the way ! )

My aim was for Aela to be the faction leader's daughter. That's why I suggested I can alter it in some way (like making her your sister or a distant relative or something) to suit your needs, since the Spirit faction is yours.

Also she wasn't taken, she was just brought there when her father kidnapped Rhovanion. I would fear what might've happened to Lucia if she was taken. :(

Thanks for the feedback! I figured I may have made him too OP. I'll pm you my changes later before posting them. 

My aim was for Aela to be the faction leader's daughter. That's why I suggested I can alter it in some way (like making her your sister or a distant relative or something) to suit your needs, since the Spirit faction is yours.

Also she wasn't taken, she was just brought there when her father kidnapped Rhovanion. I would fear what might've happened to Lucia if she was taken. :(

Sorry didn't mean to upset you. I'm just really slow. I think it would be better if Aela was a relative a sister would be nice if you want since it would make more sense with my character.  ^_^

My character is still a work in progress the history is a bit lame she's lame. . . I don't like where it's going so I think I'm going to change her a bit, making Aela a relative would be nice. Once again if you please I don't want to command you to do anything! 
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

Sorry didn't mean to upset you. I'm just really slow. I think it would be better if Aela was a relative a sister would be nice if you want since it would make more sense with my character.  ^_^

My character is still a work in progress the history is a bit lame she's lame. . . I don't like where it's going so I think I'm going to change her a bit, making Aela a relative would be nice. Once again if you please I don't want to command you to do anything! 
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

You didn't upset me xD. And thank you! You can take anything you like or want from my character sheet as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back