• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Return to Middle Earth

Questor

It was never told who Sauron was or where he had come from. All that was known was he appeared in Mordor and forged the one ring that bound the other rings of power to it. With the one ring he began to conquer the lands about his desolate domain. The elves were always good at keeping secrets and Sauron was one of them. He had been an elf at one time.and Elron knew him well and had come to Middle Earth with the other Elves. Somewhere in the bowls of Mount Doom as he explored it, an ancient evil took control of him and when the rings of power were created, he created the one ring and through horrible torture and magic he turned his fellow elves into the orcs and waged war. The humans and dwarves never knew this and even after his defeat that knowledge was not told to any one. But the elves were ones for keeping records on everything and in them was the history of Sauron. In those records it also told that Sauron had a brother that had traveled far to the east after he had explored the bowls of Mt Doom with Sauron. What became of the brother. The records never showed. For he seemed to have just disapeared, or so it seemed. But they did fabricate a story about how Sauron came to be. Some powerful entity in the begining that turned evil as he joined another of his kind in trying to rule the other powerful entities or gods as many might take them to be. That was but to cover up the true identity of Sauron, for the elves feared that mankind and the dwarves would turn against them if they knew the truth.

Now many years had past since those troubled times when a few Hobbits showed the world what they were made of. Mordor was destroyed and remained a wasteland. Gondor flurished under Arragon. Rohan grew strong again and was a strong ally to Gondor. Samwise raised his family and then one day a grey ship arrived and took him to the Misty Isles, the last ring bearer, even if it was but for a short time. Merry and Pippen also married and raised families. Many a times they visited Gondor and Rohan, but eventually died and were buried beside their kings.

The orcs had scattered through out the lands as did the mercenaries that had flocked to Sauron. There were still many battles and troubles through the years following Sauron's second defeat. The elves were gone, the dwarves retreated to their mountains. It was the time of man now. But a new trouble was brewing further east, past Murkwood and the Lonely Mountain.

But from the west, across the ocean came a few Gray Ships. They were not there to pick anyone up but to let some off. A number of Elves had returned. They had been born in Middle Earth, and not on the Misty Isles. This was their home and where their hearts lay. Some were returning to Rivendale. Here they would raise their families and hopefully over the years would begin to repopulate the elven city. It was the time of man now, so they kept to themselves mostly. They did not let humans know they had returned and with their magic, kept them from finding Rivendale again. But a few set out to find adventure and their own ways. Lothran was one of those. He had been at Helms Deep and at the battle before the Gates of Mordor when Frodo and Gullom had fought within Mount Doom for the One Ring and it was finally destroyed. He had seen the lands of Rohan, Gondor and the like. He wanted to see what lay beyond the Lonely Mountain to the East.

He journeyed with his elven friends till they reached Rivendale and then he continued on east through Murkwood and on to the Lonely Mountain. Here he paid his respects to the New King Under the Mountain before traveling on. He died his hair black and kept it long to cover his ears, and he wore his hood up over his head most of the time as well. He had heard other elves long ago had traveled east but no one had heard from them or seen them. They did not return to the Gray Haven and take ship back to the Misty Isles. Another task he had set for himself. Find them and see why they had not heeded the call, and if it was because they wished to stay, perhaps join them.'

Lothran rode eastward, beyond where anyone knew what lay ahead. Over grassy plains and through forests but finally by a great river that ran from the north tot he south he came to walled town populated by humans. He was briefly stopped at the gate but then allowed to enter. For a human town it was remarkably clean. The streets were paved by flagstones and the buildings were built of wood and stone and looked as if they were kept in good repair. At an Inn, the Eagles Rest, he found out the name of the town, Sacoran. It was a river port, one of many along the great river.

He took a room and placed his personal gear in his room before sitting in the Inn's tavern to get a decent meal and some drink. He had been traveling for a very long time and camping out in the open. He hoped for a good meal. He leaned his bow and quiver of arrows against the wall behind him. His two twin swords he carried on his back under his cloak. He surveyed the room as he awaited his food and drank sparingly of the mug of wine he drank from.

A She elf had come back to Middle Earth she had voyaged to Rivendale. She had settled in but felt weird being back in Rivendale. With a sigh she grabbed her bow and bag and set out for the world of men. She wondered what had changed and what had stayed the same. Did the hobbits still live in the shire, did the dwarves reclaim the Lonely Mountains. What had become of Morose and the kingdom's of men. She had to many questions and was to un yielding to stay in Rivendale for to long. She set out east and made her way into the world if men. She had been here for the Tales all knew to well and now she was back to hopefully make a name once again for her Elvein kin. She went to find Lothran she had not left to far behind him. She slowly followed him as to not be seen. Yes she had wished to journey with him, but would he accept her an Elf. It was time of Man and Elves seemed to have disappeared from Middle Earth. There return could mean a great deal of turmoil for her people. As he kept going east. She noticed him stop at a small inn.She Hade made her way through the gates and put her hood up as she followed Lothran inside. She watched him go up to what she assumed to be a room. The elf woman placed her self in the back in her black cloak she watched the men with interest. She had not interacted much with the humans since Bormir and Aragorn. She was the daughter of Elrond No not Arwen, But her sister she was never mentioned in the Lord of the rings, she how ever followed her father on the last boat away from Middle Earth and now she had returned. Her skin and looks were just fair as Arwens but her hair was white gold and her eye's were as green as the tree's.

Irish Ice Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Elyria was young by her race's standards. A mere two hundred and eighty eight, though for a Sylvan Elf this was rather young. Unlike her kin she and many of the Elves of Thranduil's Realm did not leave for the West. They remained here, fading into the forests that had been restored and renamed from Mirkwood to Eryn Lasgalen or Wood of Greenleaves in Common tongue. Standing tall and proud as the daughter of a Sylvan Noble and Noblewoman, Elyria was raised during the end of the 3rd Age and now here in the 4th Age. Word had traveled fast that some Elves had sailed from the West back here to Middle Earth. An interesting prospect in this Age of Man. Her parents had traveled to Rivendale to meet with these newcomers and tell them of Eryn Lasgalen, leaving Elyria there though she was free to do as she pleased. Taking a horse, her bow and her grass green cloak Elyria set out towards the lands of Men to seek out adventure and to make a name for herself. She came to a small town that held an inn where she decided to get some food before continuing on. As she walked into the inn she noticed one of her kin standing the corner draped in a black cloak, she smiled to herself while ordering some bread and cheese. It was rare for Elves to be outside of their realms of Rivendale, East Lorien or Greenwood. She looked towards the she and spoke up, "If you want to join me you may," Elyria's voice playing through the air as sweet as the smell after a summer rain.

Lothran sat and ate his food and sipped his wine as another hooded figure entered the tavern part of the Inn. He sat there with the hood of his cloak concealing his face. It was in shadows and one could not tell if he was looking at you or not. But he observed the new comer and then noticed the bow. He had no idea if any of the humans in the tavern would recognize or not an elvish bow, but he did. The clothing to he recognized as one that had come with him and the others. She had followed him in further into the land of man and had kept her distance. He smiled. She would not be there in Rivendale when Elron sent others to fetch her back. The only other daughter he had would not be long in Middle Earth if she had stayed. He had lost one daughter to Aragon, King of Gondor. He would not want to lose her too. A third figure appeared and again like Elrond's daughter this one carried an elvish bow and wore the Green of cloak of Greenwood, that was once called Murkwood. The silver leaf clasp on the cloak also told him she was an elf.

Many of those in the tavern also took notice of the two and then of him sitting there with his hood up. Only those wanted by the authorities, or perhaps hiding their identity for another reason would have people concealing their features under the hoods of their cloaks. He knew why one of the elves were there, but not the other. He saw the new one approach Elrond's daughter and talk to her. Both were fairly close to him and he whispered in elvish, "Sit down and stop making people notice you. They are already suspicious and we do not want trouble."

(still waiting on Phantom King to post but can continue till he makes his entrance post.)

Elyria was taken aback by this brutish demand being placed upon her. Someone wanted to be noticed less... fine she would make this an interesting night. She pulled back her hood revealing her bright red hair and her pointed elven ears. She heard gasps coming from many of the people and saw some were whispering. She crossed the very short distance and looked at the hooded figure who had demanded she sit down and draw less attention to herself. "I don't like being told what I have to do." She said sternly sitting gracefully across from this hooded figure. By his voice and just his ability to whisper in the ancient language she deemed he too was an elf. "I am Elyria of Eryn Lasgalen, Daughter of Lord Galadon and Lady Etheril, a kin to your kind. Now tell me your name?" she said calmly and in sindarin. Some big brutes on the other side of the room left the Inn but not before giving an ugly look at the two before disappearing out the door. That would have to be dealt with later, Elyria imagined. She had had to kill some human men earlier on the road here because they had tried to assault her... wrong choice for them and now their lives were forfeit. Though just to be safe, she moved one of her daggers from its sheathe in her boot to her lap placing a hand on it if necessary. If there was one thing she hated more than being told what to do, it was having to hide. Elyria was glad the humans now knew that she was an elf and they were all probably putting it together in their minds that the figure across from her was as well.

Saphiel sighed and sat she glanced at Lothran and raised and eyebrow under her hood he spoke Elvish very well. She nods."you speak wonderful Elvish."She said. Her voice was soft and sweet. She kept her hood up. She wasn't ready to show who she really was.

Saphiel saw her woodland kin stand and reveal herself. She sighed and shook her head.Saphiel sighed her woodland breatheren were not as discreet as the Elves if Rivendale. Saphiel ordered something to drink and looked at Lothran. She spoke in Elvish how do you know our people so well and the language.

Irish Ice Queen

"Come now Saphiel, I know you have been following me all the way from Rivendale. You know perfectly well who I am and why I am here." he spoke in elven. He then switched to the human language. So Elyria you do not like being told what to do. Do you know you may have put us in danger here? We are all three from the west and have no idea of what has befallen our brethern that journied this far east." He surveyed the room and saw the amazed look of the humans and had noted the departure of a few. It seemed that they had not seen an elf before in their life time, but they had heard stories of them, that was evident. "It could be that these people hate our kind or at the least do not tollerate us." But it seemed that there were no hatred towards them. Only inquisitive looks and from the whispers, he gathered that their kind had not been seen for hundreds of years.

He turned and looked at Elyria and now that it was known that they were elves, he lowered his hood. "I am Lotharn, son of Lord Belchon of Rivendale, Lord Marshal of the Forests of Rivendale." His father like him had been at Helms Deep and then at the final battle with Mordor. His father had joined the battles with his men to honor the pledge given ages ago to the King of Gondor.

The owner of the tavern and Inn approached their table. He looked at all three of them with an uncertain smile. "Greetings fair ones." he said. I am Greek the Owner of this Establishment. As you can see we are not use to haveing your people among us. We have not seen or heard of any of you for several hundred of years. We thought you had all left after the Great War of the Undead."

Elyria blinked at the boy sitting in front of her. "Lotharn, you do not understand. I have never been to the West. My parents and my kin live in Eryn Lasgalen, or as your people knew it Mirkwood before it was cleansed of the evil. Humans should not bother us, they are kind and a curious people, as for your father, I believe he fought alongside mine in that War long ago. As a matter of fact my parents departed for Rivendale to speak with its new rulers about treaties and what not between there and the Sylvan Elves of Eryn Lasgalen." Elyria said happily taking a nibble of some Lambdas bread she had brought with her. The Inn Keeper was nice, inquisitive but nice. Elyria turned to him and smiled happily, "Our kind either departed to the West or retreated into Greenwood, it would make sense that none of you have seen our kind." Turning back to Lotharn she was curious why he was here, and not in Rivendale. "Why are you wandering about Lotharn son of Belchon, and not in Rivendale with your kin?" She asked while smiling.

Saphiel smirked."of course I was following you. I did not wish to stay left behind. I want adventure and I do not wish to be Locked up by my father Elrond.I Love him, but like my sister I must be allowed to follow my own path."She said in elvish. Saphiel and sighs and rolled her eye's. Her kin had made it impossible to leave her hood up. She pulled it down and her white blonde hair fell around her shoulder. Saphiel had sharp green eye's and pointed ears. Her skin was pale and flawless. She looked around the tavern with a small sigh as the owner came up.her eyebrow raised in an almost amusement. She smirked at least he knew his manners.She nods to him and tryed her tounge with human language."Thank you I am Saphiel of Rivendale, and yes we did leave after the war, well not all of us." She gave her kin a small sharp look. She needed to learn to not have out bursts as she did earlier her kin was to young to be out and about. "Thank you for your kind words."She said and nods to the tavern keeper. She was much older than her kin and had more experience and wisdom with the ways of men then her breatheren from the woods.

Irish Ice Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
"I do not think he means the war with Sauron." he told the other two. I believe he talks about another war. My pardon for my companions lack of knowlage of your lands. We have traveled far from the west, and most of our kind there have returned to the Misty Isles from whence the elven race came from. We have heard nothing of our breathern that had come this far east. It has taken us several months to tansverse the distance from the Lonely Mountain to the west here." Eyrn Lasgalen was months away from where they were. The people here may not of even heard of the lands to the west as none there knew what laid over the great plain.

"Lonely Mountain? Never heard of it. None has crossed the great plain and returned. We feared there was a great evil there like the one that almost destroyed every thing in the Eight Kingdoms." The Inn Keep said.

"You have mentioned a great evil here and a War of the Undead. We are strangers here and know nothing of these things. Pray tell us about them." Lotharn asked the InnKeeper.

He smiled and took a seat with them. Greek began his tale around the same time the Sauron appeared for the first time in Middle Earth. Here a powerful wizard appeared and began creating undead from the humans, dwarves and the elves that populated the lands. The Wizard was named Ulron and he created a Cidadel of Evil in the Southern Mountains where he created his undead and marched them into battle to conqure the Eight Kingdoms. The War lasted many years and the dead was brought back to life to fight those that were once their friends and allies. It was a horrible war. The Elves, Dwarves, and Humans all joined forces in one massive army that fought the Evil One as he was soon called. They forced him back to his Cidadel of Evil and with a great sacrifice of one of their greatest leaders and Wizards the Evil one was defeated and inprisoned in his Cidadel. But to was the Great Wizard Nefrand. "To this day Nefrand is trapped with in in one of two towers. The Evil one is trapped in the second. it is said that three keys were formed when the great seal was placed on the Cidadel and that the three keys were scattered to the far ends of Middle Earth so they could never be brought back together."

Elyria listened closely as she nibbled on her bread, taking in what Greek was saying about an army of Evil that had been plaguing these lands. Her heart felt for these people, suffering from the evil that plagued this land. It was much like how when she was younger evil crept into Greenwood corrupting it and giving it the name of Mirkwood. It had taken a large Elven army and Galadriel's ring to cleanse that. The joining together of forces made her smile as unity seemed to overcome evil even against great odds. She turned towards Lothran and smiled to him. "Sounds much like the struggles of the War of the Ring, wouldn't you say?" Elyria said softly and in Sindarin. She then smiled towards Greek and said thank you for the information and his hospitality. It had been a long time since such dangers had been posed to the people of Eryn Lasgalen since the cleansing. "Lothran what is your plan, and if it isn't too much of a bother would you allow me to come along?" She said with one of her smiles.

Saphiel sat back and listened. She watched Greek and listened. She was interested in his story. She looked at Lothran and sighed. She drank slowly and sighed. She heard her kin jump in and ask to go. She almost choked and coughs."It sounds nothing like the war of the ringm trust me I was there.You, how old are you? I mean you look only 200-300 years in age."She said.Saphiel rolled her eye's. Her Kin was crazy and very young. "I was actually coming to talk to you, before my Kin here revealed herself as an elf to the whole entirety of man kind. My father knows I am here. I actually have something from him for you."Saphiel said in Elvis. She handed him the parchment. " He knew I had the heart of my sister and wished to travel. He only would allow her out in the world with someone he trusted. She sighed and let him read. The note her father had given to her before she left.

It read

Dear Lothran,

I am glad yo have you as an allie and for you to help us back to Rivendale where we may take hold. My daughter is just as strong head as her sister. If she catches up to you. Please look after her, Her Name is Saphiel. If you dont want to look after her, please send her home.

It was signed Lord Elrond. It was written in Elvish.

Saphiel crossed her arms as she watched him and then looked at her Kin. This she elf was going to definitely cause trouble, yet she wanted to teach her to be more discreet.

Irish Ice Queen

Lothran looked at Elyria. The war of the Undead and the first war between the forces of Middle Earth and Sauron sounded alike. But here the Evil One had not returned to cause more trouble as Sauron did in the War of the Ring. Evidently the Evil One was still trapped and unless the three keys were brought together he would remain so. What was his plan? He didn't really have one. He would seek out the Elves, for he knew how to get past their magic that hid their communities. "Yes you may come. We will find the elves of these lands and see why they decided to stay."

He took the letter from Saphiel and read it. He raised a brow as he did. Elrond had let his other daughter return to Middle Earth. Had the old Elf gotten soft in his older years. Perhaps after the War of the Ring, when his older daughter made her choice to marry Aragon he had softened some, and could see that not mater how much he tried to stop his daughter, he would not be able to. So why not give his blessings and hope that she remained safe. When he looked up from the letter he saw the look Saphiel gave Elyria and raised a brow. This was going to be an interesting time with the two of them.

He then turned his attention back the Greek. "You said the three keys were scattered. How?"

"One was given to the Elves to hide and one to us humans, and the third to the Dwarves. I said they were keys but they look nothing like one. They were three round blood red jewels that fell to the ground before the great Wizard Germaine. It is said that the elves sent it far away from these lands, and the Dwarves hid theirs in their city under the mountains to the east. As for the one we humans received, no one konws where it is. No one knows who it was given to and that was long ago and the secret of where it was hiddened died with the the person it was given to."

Lotharn had leaned one thing during the War of the Ring. Nothing stayed hidden for long, especially when it dealt with a great evil. The only reason that the keys were hidden away was to keep them from being brought together and freeing the Evil One. That could only mean that there were those loyal to the Evil One not trapped. Yes it always seemed that evil had a way of returning. He thanked Greek for his information and stood up. "Come." he told the two female elves. "I have a room here and I think it best that you share it with me. You two may share the bed and I will sleep on the floor." he picked up his bow and quiver of arrows and headed for the stairs that lead up to the second floor and the rooms there.

Elyria listened very intently to Lothran asking the questions of Greek. She was more than a little insulted by Saphiel who was questioning her age. "Well I do have a name and it is Elyria. Unlike you I wasn't a coward and retreated to Valinor I stayed here and helped my kin cleanse the woods and defend ourselves from darkness and other things, not sitting loftily in the West." Elyria said in response to Saphiel's questioning. She hated being questioned of her age, though she was a Sylvan Elf and Saphiel was a High Elf they were merely Kin but no closer than Gondorians to Haradrim. She looked around and saw that more of the patrons had left and realized that it was getting pretty late after all. She was very glad when Lothran suggested that she and Saphiel stay with him, though she wasn't too pleased with having to sleep in the bed with this horrid stuck up and arrogant woman. "I will let the Princess have the bed, and I shall just sleep on the floor. I brought a blanket and I am sure if we needed more, Greek would be willing to accommodate." Elyria said with a smile and a mocking tone when she uttered the word Princess. To be fair Saphiel was the daughter of Lord Elrond, however in the society of the High Elves she was not some princess as she wasn't the daughter of a King but a mere Lord. Elyria also payed little attention to the note that Saphiel gave Lothran trying to hide her interest in it by choosing to ignore it's presence.

Saphiel slammed her hand on the table."my people did not run away and neither did I. I was sent there not by choice, but I did come back here by choice we are not cowards and we know how to act and show respect. "She snapped. Saphiel stood, she had a dark look in her other wise gentle eyes. Her father was right there woodland Kin had taken on the humans nature.

" princess far from it. I am not my sister, but if you wish to give up the bed and a good nights rest. I won't say no." Saphiel said. She was a high elf she knew her place. Saphiel was not happy to be sharing with her woodland kin,but she wasn't going to stoop to anger on her or use up energy fighting any of this.

Death to all Betrayers

Lothran closed his eyes and sighed. These two were at each other throats. He was not one to get in between two women arguing, but this was not the time nor the place for it. He held up a hand and said, "Enough. We are strangers here, do you want these people to think this is how we are?" He looked at the two with a stern look. "Follow me." he said and continued towards the stairs. Once upstairs he opened the door to the room he had rented. Once they were in he shut the door, and said. "We are elves, and should not be acting the way you two were downstairs. It does not matter if you are a High Elf or a Woodland elf, we share the same heritage and should act better in front of humans." He placed his bow and quiver of arrows down against a wall and went to his things. he undid the bed roll and laid it on the floor.

A knock on the door came and it was Greek, with extra blankets. Lothran thanked him and handed them to Saphiel and Elyria. "Make yourself comfortable. We may have to leave in a hurry so I would say get what rest you can." He was referring to the men that had left earlier when Elyria had revealed herself. He had a bad feeling about those men.

Elyria was furious. Her kin did not understand. Saphiel was just as arrogant as any High Elf, and regardless of how she felt she was a coward in a woodland elf's eyes for running to the west. Once Lothran spoke Elyria held her tongue and followed him upstairs and into her room. Once they were in private she turned to her kin and spoke softly, "You two fail to grasp what the exodus of the elves did. Whether by choice," she turned to Saphiel, "Or not, the exodus was cowardice. You both don't understand all the hardships my kin and I have had to go through be cause of your kin's retreat to the west. It has been difficult and many of us Sylvan Elves believe we should forget about our Eldar Kin and that has caused many of us to feel hatred towards you and yours." Elyria said. After speaking she gracefully took one of the blankets and looked at the others, smiled and then bowed before walking out the door. She went back downstairs and spoke to Greek about getting the room next to Lothran's and fortunately it was available, so she payed him and gave him a little extra for all the trouble. She quietly went back up stairs knocked on Lothran's door and poked her head in. "I will be next door if you need me." She said pointing to the room she had rented and bowed again before going next door. She locked the door and placed her bow and quiver on the table next to the bed, keeping her dagger in her hand she placed it in the pillow before placing her cloak and boots on the floor. Elyria lowered herself onto the bed letting out a small sigh when she stretched. Sleep quickly overtook her weary body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back