• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Return to darkness

Asura took out enough cups and a bowl witch he filled with cookies he bought at the market and also added some berries while he was at it placing it in the middle for everybody to grab some, once he had the bowl and cups set up he looked at the fairy who looked at everybody then flew up from the teapot witch flew up with her as she went around and poured a cup for asura, sayr, mena, anna and lyra after she finished pouring she set the teapot down, and flew tot he bowl and grabbed herself a blueberry then flew to asuras shoulder and started eating it carefully.

Bronze neighed to asura who was about to enjoy his tea but then sighed "thanks for reminding me bronze.." he said grabbing an apple and rolled it to the horse who scooped it up and ate it one bite and chewed on it loudly and looked at the other 2 horses and flicked his tail in ease, "Elril i have been meaning to ask you..do you wanna learn how to use that stave and learn magic as well...from me?" asura said a little shyly since he never been a teacher to anybody...not that he knew of witch made him a little upset but he quickly took a big sip of his tea as it took its effect and made his body feel like he was floating in the ocean and each gentle wave that moved him seemed more calm then the next as if rocking him back and forth, asura showed a face of pure bliss and relaxation.

(think of different effects for you characters like their most relaxing moments)

Caliond had been organising everything in his rucksack, making sure the important things were in one side and the food in the other. He'd been listening in to the conversations around the campfire, but when he heard the word 'tea' he stopped listening and set his rucksack aside.

"Did you say tea? I love tea." He smiled as he moved over. "I'll have a cup for sure... if you have a spare cup." He'd forgotten to buy one.

Gerald sat quietly within the group, oiling and polishing his armour. Small grunts of appreciation sounded from within his throat as he finished each piece and checked it over carefully. After a while he finished the final piece, his helmet. Removing a small strip of worn linen from his pocket, he wrapped it around the base of one of the horns which adorned his helmet. It had belonged to his wife, and was one of the last things he still had to remember her by. If he returned from the quest, he would finally make his peace with her passing. If he was slain, he would leave this world with her by his side. Once he had finished the helm, he drew his sword and set to work on it, holding it as delicately as one might their child. He gently removed any notches in the blade with a whetstone, restoring it's keen edge. After he had removed any imperfections it had gained, he applied a thin layer of oil to the blade before replacing it within its scabbard. With a barely audible sigh, he looked over his armour and sword, pleased with what he had done. He was sat cross legged in the peasant clothing he had bought at the market. Rising, he removed the tunic and simple cloth trousers, leaving him in just his underwear. His pitch black scales shone in the ruddy light of the campfire, looking as if they had been oiled and polished rather than his armour. Flexing his claws he turned away from the camp, eyes scanning the forest around them. After a few.moments of deliberation, he decided on a course of action. Turning back to the others he opened his mouth to speak "I am going to hunt. Any that wish to join me may do so, but decide quickly. I do not wish to delay it longer than I must." He gave his offer simply, watching quietly. His impressive physique almost seemed to glow by the light of the flames. Thin lines criss-crossed across almost every inch of his body, jagged thunderbolts across his otherwise perfect body. Wounds he had ordered be inflicted upon himself, one for each opponent he had bested. Amongst his sect of people, it was a time-honoured tradition, and was a very attractive trait when looking for a mate. Those who had proven themself in the fire of battle were seen as worthy of creating a bloodline. Those who forgo to test their mettle had chosen the life of celibacy, withdrawing themselves from the eligible pool of mates. He waited for a small while to allow those who wished to come to gather what they needed, before setting off into the thick darkness that surrounded them...

Elril, contrary to his usual gung-ho spirit and wish to unite the team, had been reading at the edge of the group on his wooden wagon. The young lizardman had already started nesting himself among the hides and bed roll that he brought, shoved into a compartment between everyone's goods. He was absorbed in the tomes before him, hmming and hawing as he dove into the oceans of text looking for treasure. On his lap sat the rowan staff, the cage atop it carefully kept out of people's path. He had taken great care to separate himself from the action so far, however interesting it seemed. After all, if he was going to be any use to the group he had to study now and get at least a few basic utility spells memorized. Not that it was getting anywhere, this was just a theory book...

Hearing his friend's offer, however, Elril set down the books and leapt from the side of the cart. He quickly advanced on the group while his mule stirred from its oats in annoyance at the sudden noise. With a sharp-toothed grin, the young Denith raved, "You'd do that for me? Asura, I'd be glad to learn!"

"I wasn't aware you knew much about magic," he admitted, finishing his approach and grabbing the other's hands in excitement. "Thank you very much, I promise I'll make it up to you however I can."

Lyra took the tea and sipped at it. It warmed her immensely and managed to make her more wakeful. She asked the party: "So, what's the plan for when we actually come in the forest? It's dark and dangerous there, after all."

Mena smirked at Lynx and raised an eyebrow, and walked her tea back to her seat, where she precariously balanced on the same log that she had fallen off, glaring at the thicket being her. "Lass, if anything, the forest would be dim and annoying." She commented while pulling branches out of her hair and cringing.

Caliond looked at Mena over his tea. "Dim? No... it'll be dark. Like before. That's what torches are for, I hope you guys all bought some." Dim? Did people not understand the difference between dim and dark? Especially after the months of being in such pitch black darkness you'd think they'd know. He shrugged to himself.

"I'm just worried about what's in there. No one even knows... "

Asura stood up and walked to a tree" I'm sorry but know your life that leaves with this I'll serve a good purpose" he said as he broke off a big branch and took out a small knife and carved a rune and spoke a few words as the branch stretched out becoming a stave standing tall to his shoulder "first things first if I'm teaching you, you will need to defend yourself as well if you wish to survive my training methods, I'll also teach you basic spells for now then I will help you summon a spirit so you may have an ally and friend to help you control your mana" Asura said as the fairy finished making a red scarf as she set it down in her sewing kit and flew on top of the staff and the whole Staff caught flame with her as the wood became charcoal black with red lines making runes all over the staff and it looked as if the whole thing was alive "the fairies name is Carol she will help me teach you how to control fire till it flows around you like the blood in your veins" he said as fire swirled around his body till it started making big ball fire over his head then shrunk to a small ball witch he held in his hand, while looking at elril he threw the ball to him making it float around him

Sayr Looked at the trick with the fire, taking a small sip of the tea that had been given to him. Although he only knew one bit a magic, he was never a natural, and what one spell he did know always had a tendency to blow up in his face, because of this he took little to no interest to the magic show and took out both blades that he still had tied to his belt. "these get awfully heavy after wearing them all day.." he thought to himself. Slowly He drew both the Tachi and The short curved sword that paired with the Tachi. He looked at them for a moment, both blades were totally renewed from the visit to the smithy this afternoon, they were free of small breaks and cracks and nooks that combat puts on a blade, Along with this both were sharper than they had ever been, The steel of the blades glinted in the fire light as he began to set them in his lap to examine them a bit closer.

Elril watched in amazement at the display of magic. Truthfully, he had seen it before in small amounts, but only on extremely practical, simple spells. His own father had some talent for magic but very little training, resulting in his own ability to predict the weather and calm animals and things of the sort. Elril had always been fascinated by just that, hoping one day to develop his own magic potential.

That said, what he saw here was far beyond what he thought magic was capable of.

"Carol," he repeated in awe as he watched the effects. "How will I know if I can even use magic? This all seems beyond my reach."

Elril's golden eyes followed the flame that danced around him, clutching his staff tightly so it didn't accidentally light aflame.

Mena shrugged. "Alright lad. Whatever you say."

She sipped the tea, and felt all other knotted muscles relax, and she let out a small squeak when she nearly fell off the log- again.

Anna watched in amazement at the magic. "I can do magic too," she said, "but it's not much. That's what I get for going with the cheapest option."

She then produced a few sparks from her hands. It wasn't much, but again, she wasn't much in the magic department.

She brightened up and said: "I also can do archery. Anyone want to see?"

Caliond looked over at Anna and raised his hand. "I'll watch! It'll be good for us to know what we can all do. C'mon show us!" He sipped the tea slowly, savoring the flavour from where he sat nearish to the campfire. "I've never been any good at archery. I'll stick to my sword."

Anna dragged a tree stump over to act as a target, got out her bow, and selected one of her practice arrows. She carefully nocked the arrow, made sure it was placed and held right, drew the string back to her cheek (harder than it looks), and let the arrow fly.

It hit somewhere to the left of the center. Anna carefully set her bow and arrows to the side and out of the way, and then jumped and cheered that she'd actually hit the target.

Lyra arched her eyebrow, and clapped slowly. She herself was a rubbish archer. She asked the people around the campfire: "So, is everyone going to show of their skills tonight?"

Sayr sheathed his blades as Anna used a tree stump for firing practice and was quite surprised when she was a pretty good shot. Sayr could fire a bow if it was necessary or if he was about to die, but he hated the feel of a bow, it almost seemed far to light for it to do any damage, and he hated not being able to feel the weight of the strike making it so that he could not judge the damage done. His attention was then drawn to Lyra who asked the group if there were going to show their skills. He sat puzzled a moment wondering what a swordsman could swing at out here other than a tree making a fool of himself. "I don't think there much I could actually show my skills with" Sayr responded almost laughing a bit at his own statement.

"That is the first step. Learn to draw on your mana" asura said as bronze came over and snorted "I was getting to that" he said as he closed his eyes and focused and bronze did the same next to him after a few seconds he opens his eyes and looked down at his feet as dark red mana flowed around him and a light greenish brown was flowing around bronze as he they both looked at the young denith "anybody can channel their mana they just need to practice" he said as he noticed mana flowing of the helmet of the big denith but he shook his head and watched the other teacher started showing her skills off

"I see," Elril nodded. "But what am I doing to find that mana in the first place?"

Unlike the other, he couldn't really see this mana. Maybe Asura's fire spirit was to help on this? Either way, it was exciting to finally see all of this. Maybe he'd be an actual mage before long, rather than having to rely on those scrolls he got to practice? Truthfully, he wasn't too sure he could actually do this, so he was still ready to practice using and making basic scrolls later.

Elril commented to the others, "Yeah, I think we're all going to see what we can do tonight."

After a while, he gave a sharp-toothed grin, "Hey Anna, why don't we learn together? I don't think Asura would be against you sitting in on the lessons, would you friend?"

Anna was interested. "Really? You mean a chance to learn real magic? Of course let's do it."

Lyra sipped her tea and wondered what it would be like if she taught magic. Really, she barely considered herself competent to do magic, let alone teach it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back