• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Return to darkness

All her remaining gold coins and even her reward that will be waiting for them when they finish the expedition, Freya was willing to pay. Veronica's charcoal eyes sparkled and she patted the human on her shoulder.

"I shall teach you, my young apprentice. And I will also be looking forward to my payment." Veronica replied, her grin still a fixed on her face. "But it depends, will you survive this journey? Hopefully you will."

Gerald eyed the bag that was placed before him with slight interest. He sat quietly as the others went about their business. He was here for more important matters...

He took the pouch and his sword and rose, striding out of the keep. The sun shone off of his armour as he stood in the courtyard. He closed his eyes and simply stood there, breathing deeply, allowing his body to relax. He missed his home. He missed his family. For a few brief moments, he allowed himself to grieve, for those he had left behind, and for the woman he would never see again.

A single tear ran down his cheek before he wiped it away, readying himself for the journey ahead. Steeling himself and setting his shoulders, he opened his eyes and faced out of the gates, into the town. "You shall never be forgotten, my dearest... But now I must continue on. We will be reunited once more, I promise you..." Having said that he made his way into the town, heading first towards the stables.

He had never bothered with a horse before, his own incredible speed always seeming sufficient. But considering the distance, and having to travel in a group, it seemed the most logical thing to do...

Mena shook her head in disgust as the girls finally got bored of her. "Bloody human girls."

She looked around frantically as she realized that the group was gone, and ran after them all, feeling oddly out of place with the tall and imposing figures around her.

She took the bag of gold and walked out, wondering if anyone had even noticed her. She walked to a stall and struggled to see the things on the tall stands, balancing precariously on her tiptoes and peering over the stand.

(I'm really sorry guys! I went camping and got back about an hour ago.)

(It's ok..if you want you can come catch up with me and eril)

Solitaire said:
((Ahh but DND prices and the prices here are different. Hence why 500 each, they don't know how long they're going to be out there. So, fixing armour, buying all the supplies they need, maybe a pack horse to carry it... they probably won't have a lot left.)) 
Caliond looked at the woman that had spoken to him and he shrugged. "Well, I guess... food, water, bedding stuff... torches? I mean, if we're going into the darkness, we'll need lots of them. I don't think everyone even has armour, some of it might need fixing. There's probably other stuff too."
Anna asked him: "Do you want to come to the market with me? I'm not really used to the big city, so it might help."

"To the traders, then? Can't say much for stuff in the city, don't know it, but I'd bet my life on a caravan's goods," Elril grinned, before realizing the impact of his statement. As it happened, he would actually be betting his life on it. As far as things were concerned, the goods he got here may very well determine if he lived or died in the coming weeks. The young man shook his head, he didn't want such thoughts ruining the excitement of the day.

Rather, he picked up the pace and followed Bronze into the market. If nothing else, this atmosphere was familiar and comfortable. Some of the things here he didn't recognize, and wouldn't be much help there, but at least the basics of travel were pretty normal. He laughed, "Oh, horses have the good sense to do what they like, I rather appreciate that. Good to meet you as well, Bronze."

Elril took the lead when they got to the fruit stall, and he began pointing out that they were buying in a larger amount and worked for the king. He tried to steer their prices towards something that could feed the horses and people within the first few weeks. Elril took every cut he knew, down to simply being willing to mention any competitor's stalls. He figured that the rest wouldn't be interested in this, so after a bit of dealing, he simply stepped aside and mentioned, "Should be fair enough to go here, since they're going to offer better than their competitors. How much do you need?"

[[ooc// If I'm needed, you all have full permission to move me and use Elril to do whatever.]]

Lyra quietly sat and calculated the stuff needed, like medicines, burn balms (lots of those, with her around), armor, and food. Rope would probably also be a good investment. The armor couldn't be too heavy for her, so it probably wouldn't be much, nothing like the stuff knights had. She didn't know how to ride, so a horse was out of the question.

Apparently this group didn't even know how to y'know... be a group yet. Caliond watched as people just walked past him as he waited for them to catch up to him so they could go together and work in together. Well, this was going to be fun.

"Well, I guess we should follow after them." Caliond shrugged as he looked back at Veronica. "This... is going to be interesting."

Veronica was ignoring everyone passing them, only keeping her attention on her wealthy apprentice before Caliond spoke to her.

"Hm? Oh sure. Don't want them to hog the best gear." Veronica replied, ready to follow Caliond and tugging Freya with her.

"Oh it will be interesting. Lets see if we can survive the marketplace first." She giggled.

Solitaire said:
Apparently this group didn't even know how to y'know... be a group yet. Caliond watched as people just walked past him as he waited for them to catch up to him so they could go together and work in together. Well, this was going to be fun.
"Well, I guess we should follow after them." Caliond shrugged as he looked back at Veronica. "This... is going to be interesting."
Anna said "Yeah, it probably would be best if we did things together. By the way, what's your names?"

Anna quite agreed that it was going to be interesting. How could it be otherwise, with a guy who rode a horse into the palace as one of the members?

Yeah, Anna wasn't going to forget that anytime soon. It wasn't the sort of thing that was quickly forgotten, plus she hadn't yet seen what the others were capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mena growled angrily and stalked up to a tall Lyari woman, Lyra. She looked up at her, her hands on her hips. "This may sound really weird, but can you help me get some supplies? I can't, er," she blushed at this point, "reach them."

She looked down at her feet and began fiddling with a small metal watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Htiaf said:
Mena growled angrily and stalked up to a tall Lyari woman, Lyra. She looked up at her, her hands on her hips. "This may sound really weird, but can you help me get some supplies? I can't, er," she blushed at this point, "reach them."
She looked down at her feet and began fiddling with a small metal watch.
Lyra was surprised by the small green-haired girl. She couldn't quite remember the name of her race. So, should she? She decided: "What the heck, I'm going to the market anyway. Sure, I'll come with you."

She then noticed the watch. "What is that? A project?"

Mena beamed and stood up straighter, still craning her head to look at the woman.

"Awesome! This is an experiment of mine, so sure, you could call it that. By the way, I'm Mena."

She winced as a small hand tugged the back of her long hair. "Oi." She pulled off her small backpack and pulled out a small monkey. She set it on her shoulder and slung the backpack back on.

"Charmed to see you. My name is Lyra."

It was at that point that she noticed the monkey.

"And why do you have a monkey in your backpack?"

Lyra, in her career of attempting to stay the **** away from Lyari cities in case she was exposed as the incompetent alchemist she was, had seen strange things in backpacks. A monkey was new.

"Uhhh...." Mena and the monkey looked simultaneously at each other, both with a puzzled expression. Knowing what was coming, Mena rolled her eyes and face palmed. On her shoulder, Samantha did the same thing and nearly fell off her shoulder.

Mena grabbed the damn thing by the tail and plopped it on her shoulder.

"This is Samantha. And I think she tags along because she likes copying me... OH WOULD YOU STOP THAT!"

Samantha had been copying her gestures and facial expressions, and was now laughing loud, monkey like laughs.

Htiaf said:
"Uhhh...." Mena and the monkey looked simultaneously at each other, both with a puzzled expression. Knowing what was coming, Mena rolled her eyes and face palmed. On her shoulder, Samantha did the same thing and nearly fell off her shoulder.
Mena grabbed the damn thing by the tail and plopped it on her shoulder.

"This is Samantha. And I think she tags along because she likes copying me... OH WOULD YOU STOP THAT!"

Samantha had been copying her gestures and facial expressions, and was now laughing loud, monkey like laughs.
"Apparently, yes. Do you think the monkey would be of use on this adventure?"

On second thought, though, Lyra reconsidered that statement. She herself had bought a flute, for no other reasons than that she liked playing the flute. She really shouldn't be the first to cast stones.

Mena shrugged. "Probably not, but it's not like I can stop her. I mean, watch."

Picking her up by the tail, Mena threw the stupid mammal into a nearby apple stand.

With a screech, the monkey bounded back and climbed back up her legs, and sat on her head. "Like I said."

Lyra winced at the screech and asked her: "When did you get Samantha? I've met folk who didn't know what monkeys were, and you're the first person I've met to have one."

She really was interested. Usually the people who had something strange like a monkey around had some good stories to tell.

Mena slowly grinned. "That's a bit of a story."

She picked up Samantha and fondly began stroking the fur on her tiny head. "I was going to find some materials for a project of mine, and I wandered into the forest. You see, I love animals, and I thought heeeeey, there might be something useful in there, and so I went into the jungle, and I found this huge group of bananas, and I thought yuuuuuuummm, and so I started to pick one, but there evidently was a tarantula, but this little girl saw it before I did, and just ATE it! And since then she has hung around with me. Oh, and by the way, don't call her my pet. She's just a companion"

Freya was tugged along by her now mentor. Excited, she followed behind them into the marketplace. "Oh, this place is so huge!" She exclaimed, looking at all the shops. "What should we buy first?" She asked the group, she was in. She mentally checked what was in her rucksack and what would be useful. Counting on her fingers, she had quickly made a mental list of the things, she needed. "Do you fellows have bedrolls? I need a bedroll, or where else would I sleep?" She ranted to her companions before finding a shop, where these were sold. "Ah! Perfect!" She ran into the shop and commenced her own little shopping spree.

Htiaf said:
Mena slowly grinned. "That's a bit of a story."
She picked up Samantha and fondly began stroking the fur on her tiny head. "I was going to find some materials for a project of mine, and I wandered into the forest. You see, I love animals, and I thought heeeeey, there might be something useful in there, and so I went into the jungle, and I found this huge group of bananas, and I thought yuuuuuuummm, and so I started to pick one, but there evidently was a tarantula, but this little girl saw it before I did, and just ATE it! And since then she has hung around with me. Oh, and by the way, don't call her my pet. She's just a companion"
"Okay." Lyra nodded for emphasis. Then she looked up.

They had reached the marketplace. Given that this was the capital city, it was big and just a bit overwhelming. Lyra looked at Mena. "So, for what we need to buy. I think it's obvious that we need food, but there's probably somewhere where we can get stuff for you to tinker with, and we also need cooking things and light sources."

Mena nodded. "I have plenty of things to tinker with, however, I completely agree. Also, we will need an update on our weapons-not like I fight or anything- but it seems like FLAPPING MOTHBALLS SAMANTHA!"

Mena grabbed the monkey from off her shoulder, and stuffed it back into her backpack.

Jeffrey was still fumbling on the ground between the crowd members' legs for his missing pot. How could he lose such a precious item?! It was driving him mad!!!

"Ughhh!!" He threw his hands up in the air in defeat. "Why?!?!" Just then a horse galloped past him, barely missing his head as his eyes widened in surprise and fear, nearly pissing himself. He remained there in shock for a few seconds before a loud sound resonated throughout the area. His head stiffly turned toward the entrance of the palace and saw that the horse had actually burst through into the supposed throne room!

"Oh dear..." he mumbled to himself. He surely didn't want to enter now that the horse had caused such distress. He decided to stand up and brush himself off. He situated his knapsack for it to hang in front of his stomach rather than on his back - he didn't trust anybody anymore...He simply waited until the crowd poured out from the palace, straightening his posture, trying to look as presentable and important as he could with his pathetic appearance and organization skills.

"Hello, sir! I'm here for the mission!" One of his hands met his forehead in a salute as he looked straight ahead even though he was addressing the being known as Caliond (though, he didn't know the name quite yet) as he walked close to Jeffrey. "Please! What must I do to join? I am eager to help the King of this land!" Even though he was trying his damnedest, his puny, under-aged figure and relatively young voice did not come off as anything but naive.

OptimisticFire said:
Jeffrey was still fumbling on the ground between the crowd members' legs for his missing pot. How could he lose such a precious item?! It was driving him mad!!!
"Ughhh!!" He threw his hands up in the air in defeat. "Why?!?!" Just then a horse galloped past him, barely missing his head as his eyes widened in surprise and fear, nearly pissing himself. He remained there in shock for a few seconds before a loud sound resonated throughout the area. His head stiffly turned toward the entrance of the palace and saw that the horse had actually burst through into the supposed throne room!

"Oh dear..." he mumbled to himself. He surely didn't want to enter now that the horse had caused such distress. He decided to stand up and brush himself off. He situated his knapsack for it to hang in front of his stomach rather than on his back - he didn't trust anybody anymore...He simply waited until the crowd poured out from the palace, straightening his posture, trying to look as presentable and important as he could with his pathetic appearance and organization skills.

"Hello, sir! I'm here for the mission!" One of his hands met his forehead in a salute as he looked straight ahead even though he was addressing the being known as Caliond (though, he didn't know the name quite yet) as he walked close to Jeffrey. "Please! What must I do to join? I am eager to help the King of this land!" Even though he was trying his damnedest, his puny, under-aged figure and relatively young voice did not come off as anything but naive.
Anna, who was right next to Caliond, told Jeffrey: "You missed the meeting. However, I at least would be happy to have you come. The more the merrier, as the proverb goes."

This person didn't seem quite qualified for the position, but then again, Anna herself wasn't what you'd call a hero of legend either.

"Really?!" His hand dropped in astonishment of another warrior actually speaking to him! A huge grin appeared upon his face briefly before he resumed his 'manly' stature, clearing his voice as deeply as he could manage. "I mean, I would be honored!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back