• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Resurrected

Yeah, I though about that after I posted. I'll start.

Kate was about half way done unpacking all the boxes. Not that she had a lot of stuff, she just wasn't very efficient in unpacking it. She decided that it was about time to take a break and eat something, maybe explore the house a little. She went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge, it was an old house but it had been updated a little. Her selection of food was pretty weak, so she just made a basic sandwich and started to explore. It wasn't long before she had made her way to the attic, and what she found was not entirely normal. In fact, that was an understatement, because she found a coffin. There can't be anyone in there. She thought, no, it has to be empty. Left from one of the previous owners or something. After weighing the pros and cons she decided to open it, and succeeded in cutting her had while doing so. She pulled her hand away quickly, but not quick enough to avoid getting some of the blood on the coffin. She audibly cursed at herself and looked around for something to stop the bleeding.

Inside the coffin, a old vampire laid in there, asleep. The old vampire sniffed the air softly. The familiar scent of, of blood. The old vampire slowly opened his eyes. He slowly opened the coffin. He slowly walked out of the coffin. He saw the woman walking around. He smiled softly. "Well, well. Someone has found my coffin." He said softly.

Kate turned around quickly at the sound of a voice. "Who are you? How did you get in here?" She asked quickly. Then she actually heard what he had said. "What? What do you mean your coffin? You were in there?" This made absolutely no sense. Unless this was some kind of prank. The thing was she didn't have a lot of friends, and she knew none of them would try and pull something like this.

The vampire chuckled softly. "Oh this is no prank, whatever that is." He looked around. "Not much has changed." He said softly.

"Ok, look. I don't know who you are, or why you're in my house. So you have approximately two seconds to explain yourself. Or I'm calling the cops." Kate said, taking a step back. She had her cell phone with her, but she though it would be best not to call the police after only a few days of living here.

The vampire held his hands up. "I'm just the previous owner of this place. I'm just a vampire. I won't hurt you, since you freed me from my slumber."

Kate raised an eyebrow. "Vampire?" She asked. Not freaking out as much anymore. "You're being serious, like 100 percent serious? You're a vampire." Well, it would explain the coffin. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it, but she wasn't freaking out anymore.

Prudenzio nodded with a soft smile. "I'm serious. 100 percent vampire. And I now live to you serve you madam." He said with a bow. Since she was the one that freed him, it was something to pay her back.

(I'm so sorry I haven't been on. I've been super busy for the past few days.)

"Right..." Kate said slowly and walked past him and out the door. She headed down to the kitchen so that she could wash her hand and bandage it. She assumed that he would follow her, but she really had no idea. It probably wasn't the best idea to have a bleeding hand around a 100 percent genuine vampire though.

Prudenzio smiled softly. He saw a shadow on the floor. He slowly leaned down and reached over. His hand went through the shadow and it went into another shadow that was in the kitchen. He slowly put his body through. A moment later he was in the kitchen. "So it's just you that's living here?" He asked as he looked around.

And don't worry about it. I know life gets busy at times)

Kate walked into the kitchen and saw that he was already there. She glanced behind her and then back at him, "how did you-" she started to ask but then just let it go. Obviously there was a lot she would have to get used to. She walked to the sink and started to wash her hand in the sink. "Yeah, just me." She said.

Prudenzio nodded slowly as he looked around at the modernized kitchen. "Really now? Interesting." He said thinking out loud.

She finished washing her hand and grabbed a first aid kit from under the sink, one of the few things she had actually managed to get unpacked. "Is it really that interesting?" She asked. "Honestly, I think it's pretty boring."

Prudenzio slowly shook his head. "Sorry, I was talking about your kitchen set up. It's something... That can be considered a blessing or a curse." He said softly.

"Definitely a blessing." She said, putting the bandage on her hand. "Maybe you could cook in a place with ancient appliances, but I cannot." She turned to look at Prudenzio. "So how long did you live in this house...wait, actually first, how long were you in that coffin?"

Prudenzio tried to think of how longs it's been. "If I remember correctly. August 17th..... 18.. 43?" He said trying to remember the date. The most troubling part was the year.

Kate couldn't hide her shock, she had been expecting a number a lot smaller than that. Maybe a few decades. "1843?" She asked, obviously surprised. "That's close to 200 years! You've been in a wooden box in the attic of this house for 200 years." What would he do when he actually saw the interesting changes that had happened over the last 2 centuries?

Prudenzio nodded slowly at her. He could tell she was shocked with his answer. The year was foggy, but he was close to certain that was the year. "Two-hundred years?" He said softly. He couldn't believe. He'd never planned for being asleep for that long.

"Yeah, my math is probably a little off, but pretty close to 200 years." She said, mostly repeating it to herself and not so much to him. "You've got a lot to catch up on. Do you remember why you were locked in a box in the attic?" She asked. That didn't seem like a thing someone would do by choice, especially if they were a vampire. It seemed like there would be more fun things to do that be stuck in a coffin.

Prudenzio tried to remember why he was asleep. That part was also foggy. He shook his head. "I-I can't remember why I was asleep up there." He said softly.

Kate shrugged, "You'll probably remember at some point." She looked down at her hand, lost in thought for a little while. "Um, so I should probably keep unpacking...you can just, I don't know, do whatever it is you do. You can't go in sunlight right? That's a real thing?" She asked. "Because if that's a real thing then I'll show you around town when it gets dark. I have a feeling it's going to be really different for you."

Prudenzio stood up and stretched. "For now I can't. I can help you with unpacking." He offered to her. Mind as well help the person that woke him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back