Resplendant Destinies & DragonBloods

This is a quote from a different thread that got me thinking of something:

If their resplendant destiny says their charm look elemental' date=' perhaps the red glow is replaced with appropiratly fiery sFX. [/quote']
Would this kind of thing work? If a Sidereal had a RD of a dragonblood, would his anima and charms "appear" differently to those affected by his RD? If not canonically would this be overpowered for a house rule? Or maybe a merit/charm?

Here's the other thread I quoted from: http://patternspider.net/exalted/f ... .php?t=260

I doubt it, as it would make [Exalt] Ways in the Siddie PAoC style moot. Also, if that were true, Siddies wouldn't go around camouflaged as mortals (as most of the Bronze Faction do).

If their resplendant destiny says their charm look elemental' date=' perhaps the red glow is replaced with appropiratly fiery sFX. [/quote']
That's such a big 'if' that it's not even worth talking about. Nowhere does it state that Sidereals gain anima or charm effects when Resplendent as other Exalts. In fact (E:S p. 121) any significant anima flare causes any donned RD to recede. The only thing in Sids that allows anima effects of other Exalts is Exalt Ways, and it doesn't affect charms.

There's no reason to think that RDs have effects they're not stated to have. Silly.

There is, in fact, a canonical example of a siddy using a resplendent destiny to masquerade as a terrestrial displaying an anima banner which did *not* display as terrestrial in nature in Aspect Book Earth.

I think that puts things to bed quite nicely.

I doubt it' date=' as it would make [Exalt'] Ways in the Siddie PAoC style moot.
I'm not familiar with what your refering to.. Is this in the Sid book? I havent gotten all the way through the book as I've been trying to wrap my head around Fair Folk, so Ive been a tad distracted.

Ok if its not normally applicable, what kind of power level and what charm tree would this kind of charm fall? I'm thinking Performance seems appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back