• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Republic

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url(http://media-assets.bookbub.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/environmental-dystopian_FB-Image.jpg); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Karla; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
You are stronger than you think. That’s what my grandfather would always say to me. He was the person who I would always look up to for guidance or troubles. He never denied, discouraged, or insulted me. He talked to me with respect. Like he cared about me. The first time anyone ever has. He was the most amicable person you could ever meet. Always smiling, sharing his knowledge and wisdom with everyone he encountered. Mian Bernard Khong, may he rest in peace.
He died in the Antebellum War, or as we call “The War before the War.” Resources we’re running low. We couldn’t help everyone. Those were just the facts and everyone knew it. So, they rebelled. They thought that we were hiding something. With stolen guns and foreign weapons, they rained upon us with bullets and bombs. There were many casualties, with my grandfather being one of them. And I hid. Behind the doors my building, behind the doors of my room, behind the doors of my closet, and hid. I didn’t remember my grandfather’s philosophical words there. I just remember his lifeless body.
They’re belligerence was unacceptable. So we fought back. We we’re more ruthless than them. More violent than them. More bellicose than them. And we did it with pride. It wasn’t our fault. They just didn’t listen. We gave them all we could, yet they still deny that we helped them survive in the first place. Many wars followed, each one becoming bloodier than the one before, until finally, a new system was put into place. A simple system.
The majority of the people disagreed with our solution, but their opinion didn’t matter to us. It was a solution nonetheless. No one else was coming up with one, so we we did. And it was successful. The population went down. Resources were replenishing, food and water became more accessible, farmers were planting and selling more crops, and the sun seemed just a little brighter. It was the answer.
However, there were still a good amount who disagreed with it. They called it “inhumane” and “evil.” But what we were doing was right. It was like we were the antagonist in a superhero film. But that wasn’t the case. We saved the planet from extinction. If anything, we are the protagonist. Do we wish everyone could live? Of course. That’s why we stopped the system once the population was at a good count. Unfortunately, it didn’t last too long.
The population is starting to increase once again. It’s been ten years since the last session of the system. But we’re in the danger zone now. We have to bring the System back if we all want to survive. And this time, we have to go even harder. I don’t plan on opposing the only solution that was mentioned, and the one that worked. If we don’t bring the System back, we’ll go back to our same old world, and I don’t think anyone wants that. The System is our only hope.

[/div]
[div class=minibox]NAME? LOCATION? MENTIONS?
[/div]

[/div][div class=credits]credits RI.a RI.a [/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back