• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reopening Requests for Partners (Original & Fandom)

Bexington

Time Saving Summary: Seeking long term partner for multi-paragraph, quality roleplay. Either Original RP (Historical, Fantasy, Apocalyptic, ammended Modern) or The Walking Dead fandom (must love a M/M Daryl Dixon). Skype preferred way to RP but KIK can also be used.

Now for the long version! I have lurked on here before but summer is the time for posting. As far as roleplay (RP) goes I have been at it for many years and have a deep love of RP which - luckily for you - means speedy replies sent frequently right to your door! Or... into your neighbor's yard. Whichever I can reach!

Primarily I RP with gay or bisexual characters, leading to mostly M/M roleplays. However I sometimes do M/F with the right partner and rarely F/F, as I feel those are my weakest. I am also open to trans characters and all sorts! Also I prefer one on one, but do double sometimes. (This is for mains. I often have several sides).

Timezone is not being included since I am online frequently enough that it does not matter (and it would be a shame losing out on someone across the globe). Currently I manage fine with partners from Holland to the west coast of the USA. Please give me a try regardless of your timezone!

Walking Dead - Seeking a Daryl, or in one case someone who wants to play against Daryl. So I am offering both options, although if you are not a Daryl Dixon fan I cannot offer much.

My aim is to explore Daryl's untapped sexuality (and possibly throw him into a fatherly role, because who does not love daddy-Daryl?). I have ideas but in short I am willing to start at any point in canon or go AU. As a heads up, I view Daryl as gay, so this is a M/M Daryl RP. Sorry Beth and Carol fans!

Originals -

Apocalypse: A favorite as I am sure you can tell! If doing an original apocalypse I would like us to decide things like methods of transmission before beginning. Combining it with a historical would be adored!

Fantasy: I do love LOTR which means I eat up anything when you have people riding in horseback towards some elvish kingdom. I enjoy the magic and wizards kind of fantasy as well, but not the HP fandom specifically.

Historical: Who does not love touching back on history? Ancient Rome is a favorite and I am willing to take peoples ranging from that time period up to the middle ages. Nothing later than that please.

Modern: RPs set in today's world are fine with me, provided they have an added element to make them more than simply 'slice of life' style roleplays. I am open to what that being anything from an apocalypse, magic as reality, superheros, etc!

Like everyone I am looking for someone with a good comprehension of English. Not just spelling, gramma, and punctuation, but also of homonyms and varying sentence structure (aka knowing the difference between allowed and aloud, and not starting every sentence in your RP with He/She/They). I love partners who are experienced with RP and write passages that are engaging. Reading vivid characters played by someone who spells properly and does not godmode makes my mouth water!

That being said, when I roleplay I balance time against quality. I am NOT a fan of partners that write 1-2k length replies and get in touch once a day. I would rather sacrifice a bit of quality to tone down details so that we can have a nice back and forth flow of writing, to get a couple replies done per hour. Excessively colorful language is the kind of writing I would rather sell than do for fun. So for me roleplay is about a balance of quality and quantity.

When contacting me please include information on what kind of roleplay you would like. If you have a direction or a plot in mind please let me know when you contact me. I love to receive samples to assess new partners, too. Feel free to throw random intros my way after initial contact, but please at least let me know who you are and what is going on before sending an introductory post my way. We can get in contact here and then take the roleplay to Skype or KIK.

I would love to take a moment and quote something a newer partner said on a different RP seeking forum (which was where we met).

"We've been Rping now together for a couple weeks, and have written over 117K words together. For those of you who don't know, thats the size of two books. Nanowrimo gives you a whole month to write 50k to be considered a 'winner' and collect on all the prizes.

It's not just the quick responses, or the quality of writing and the beautiful slow burn of the relationship authentically growing between the characters, its her characters themselves. They make you want to squeal with how wonderful they are, and it's just... brilliant."

Well I have said everything to cross my mind and if I think of more you know another post will follow this one!

To sum up, I would love a partner that is also into advanced/detailed multi-paragraph roleplay and character building. In terms of originals I am tentatively reopening my door on those, so throw your ideas at me! Fandom wise, if you like Daryl and want to fangirl all over him, well then I am your woman. I await your contact with cupcakes, cookies, and fangirl squees!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just...take you home and keep you? You are amazing and exactly what I've been hunting for. That is, if I meet your standard of course. The only thing I see wrong is I haven't gotten the chance to watch the Walking dead so I don't know who Daryl is. I'm best in fantasy or Apocalyptic settings, though am flexible and can do pretty much anything I have knowledge about. ^^ I have been doing this for 12 years, I'm pretty confident in my writing ability.

I'd definitely be interested in this. As a Daryl Dixon fanatic, I'd really love the opportunity to play him. Typically, I don't do anything canon, but I'd be willing to make an exception, here! PM me if you're still looking and to chat a bit more about what you'd want.

You may take me home and keep me if you have a big enough cage and a bag of Cheetohs at the ready. Lay them down Hansel and Gretel style in front of the cage and I will wander right in. Do not forget to shove some chocolate in now and then or I might die though.

Also I can easily set that right for you - Daryl is the only man to ride a loud as all get out motorcycle through the apocalyse. He nicknames babies and says "ma'am" so you know he has a softer side. Daryl is, in short, the greatest man on this planet. And... Rant over! Okay, just a picture more!

4hw9k9.jpg

I have only started on this site (I am such a newb here) but I am definitely still looking. In a way I feel I will always be looking when it comes to Daryl. I will get in touch with you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Proficiently Awkward - I could not find a way to PM you and then noticed my post count. Whoops! I have not hit ten yet (at seven, now eight) so the site is not letting me PM (I thought I was getting PMs before but they are conversations which are different I guess? So much to learn). Once I find a way to contact you, I will. I promise to find you as soon as I figure it out or hit ten posts, whichever comes first. The fangirl inside me is crying out: "Must... Have... Daryl..."

Nice sample and I like that you use RP-Me. Lazy people unite! I am on RP-Me too, mostly for TWD which is likely why we never connected there! Right now my ad is sitting in queue but I pulled a lazy moment with that ad whereas with RP Nation I rambled.

Our requirements are similar and yours are amusing to read. I like you already! Maybe something in the historical or fantasy department? I am not sure what exactly but I am intrigued.

The format you use sounds similar to a fantasy RP I had years ago. There were multiple worlds and I had a bureacracy full of characters with varying interests plus a few others from the other worlds. Some characters would come up for a bit, then as scenes transitioned so did whomever was written about. Do I have your method about right?

Once I pass ten posts I can attack everyone and I am very close!

Aww, I like that you like me already! That's definitely a mark in your favor. :) (Virtual smack me if I get too wry.) You seem pretty awesome, too.

I haven't been too active on RP_Me for a while, but I'm ready to take on a few more writing projects so I spruced up the old profile. I don't think I saw your post, though.

Either historical or fantasy sounds great. I think with fantasy we could just create a world. Sometimes I get into old world mythology, especially the obscure stuff, like Romanian or Scandinavian mythology. History has so much to choose from... There are medieval things, kingdoms conquering kingdoms, competitive alchemists, royal feuds, Scottish highlanders, etc. Is there anything you're craving? I'm pretty flexible, actually.

Close on the methodology! There's some flexibility here, but what I've been doing, typically, is first setting up the world-- sometimes throwing up a quick wiki with character profiles helps. And then we maybe pick a small number to start with. So for example, I might have three google docs (this is just what I've used in the past for convenience) with three different people chatting. It's kind of nice that way, because then things can happen simultaneously in the world and cause ripple effects. The chats don't go on forever. They eventually end, and someone else starts talking! Like I said, I'm flexible in this, but I like the options for chaos this method opens up. I think it also creates less pressure for the two people who are talking at the moment to hit it off, romantically? Because you know they can talk to someone else and have options.

And I am also working on this ten post thing. Ten seems a bit much. Anyway, let me know what your thoughts are!

I would be excited to plot more on this because it sounds fantastic. Maybe we can do a fantasy with historical influence? Best of both worlds since the size of this world ought to be big enough to hold both. We take some historical point we like and combine it with some fantasy elements, that kind of thing. Just thinking out loud since I am an active plotter. I have a feeling we would create something fun together!

I would love to see an example of this kind of multi-posting and get more into plotting (and I reached ten posts now, yay!) so let us take it to the next level. Not preordaining pairings would make things all the more fascinating to watch unfold ad well! Ooh, my fingertips just tingled.

I think this could be a lot of fun and I am willing to put in the initial footwork to make it happen with a wiki. I might stumble a little at first but I think this is similar enough to something I have done before that I will catch on fast!

As a sidenote completely unrelated to the above post:

I am now hankering for a modern-fantasy(superhero). This would be an in-depth look at villainy from the ground up and I would love to play the evil doer for this. Something along the lines of a torrid relationship in secret while in public they are enemy and hero. Hopefully this would end up being quite gritty with the relationship being very off and on, depending on how their heroing/villainy work was getting on. Of course that private relationship would get caught up in their public lives often, as that is half the fun.

If you are not certain, tell me this does not make you want to do good guy strapped to a table with a laser beam overhead:

. (2 minutes in is when it really gets good! Seriously this is the fluffier, dance-filled version of what I am aiming for!)

Okay, as soon as I read your post, I was like-- it's going to be Genghis Khan. I love that music video. So cute. Those kids just need to smoosh faces, already.

I do have a wiki from a game that's dying down, unfortunately. I will try to message you the link so you can see what it looks like. (Still new to this site!) I will say, though, that this wiki has grown massive over the course of years and was probably too big to start with. I was doing it with long-time friends who have a tendency to throw in a small army of characters into everything they do. I would think that what we do would be much, much more scaled down than this with not nearly so many people. And we don't have to do it exactly like this, either. I'm not sure how you feel about having pics for characters but I'm certainly not married to the idea, although we did do it for this wiki. And there's a lot of extra stuff we really don't need. I'm thinking just a list of characters. This example one ended up being a very complicated RP. Fun, though.

Once the people are created you just sort of decide who would be interesting to have talk, or who needs to talk to have some sort of plot progress and have them chat until they're done. And then you start someone else chatting! And chaos ensues. Since there are more chats going you usually don't have crazy long posts. Sometimes one or two long paragraphs? But we can talk about that.

This is starting to sound exciting! I think all of that sounds good. There are a lot of interesting points in history. I'm interested in most of them. :) Although I will say I'm not huge on Victorian/Eduardian England. Too many social rules. And it would make sense to have some sort of fantasy element built in. Anything medieval or prior to that would fit into it really well, I think. There's always things like tribal magic, court magicians, wizards aligned to different kingdoms, etc. Or we could go more modern with spies, detectives in a magic world, etc. Or a world where magic and science are in opposition? I dig science. I dig it hard. And it might be easy to work your craving to have a good/bad guy forbidden relationship into that? I am totally open to that idea, btw. We might need to just chat through this. I'm working on getting my ten posts! It's really just my first day on this site and I haven't posted enough to get IM, yet. Anyway, just throwing out ideas!

Boo, I can't start a conversation because my account has been active for less than ten hours! Send me one and I'll send you the link to that wiki I was telling you about.

Wow this site is intense!

I have gotten a lot of responses and started some RPs, planned others, etc. In fact I'm having trouble keeping up! So I am updating this posting to say ORIGINALS are off the table since I am full up EXCEPT for the superhero plot. I really want to do that. I actually had someone for that but they sat on my intro for 3 days (like I said on my site I am looking for active partners) so it's time to offer it up to someone else.

Originals wise I have hit so much so I am done, thank you! That world building, whew! So intense but so worth it! Highly recommended to any RPer that has not tried it.

Fandom wise I could squeeze in one more Daryl x OC RP. I would really love to kick off a hurt/comfort starting point at the prison so if you are interested give me a heads up! That's been on my mind for over a month now.

My contact info is all on my site, which is worth mentioning since you can find me quicker instant messaging me than trying to send a message on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back