Tech [removed]

It sounds like you need to some anti-virus software. MalwareByte's Anti-Malware and AVG are equally good choices.

The next thing you should probably download is AdBlock Plus.

If you are using Mozilla, there's a stopsign with ABP written on the top right, after your favorites and what-not. If it's red, it's working. If it's not red, it is deactivated for the current web address.

If, despite AdBlock being on and you are still being swarmed by ads, it definitely sounds like you have viruses on your computer. Things like Advanced System Care— unfortunately— aren't good enough to get rid of viruses. Viruses can be made to "hide" from such programs, which is why anti-virus programs like AVG and MWBAM exist. These programs have massive databases that are continually updated every day, because new viruses are made that often.

If worst comes to worst, you will have to reformat your computer.

Yaha! Heyo Nakin. I'm far from computer-savvy but I'd like to think I know my way around it. SO!

Ignited gave you good suggestions, but you're right on the money, those odd links signal Adware. Anti-virus programs focus to attack viruses, while Anti-Malware attacks what your system probably has. The Malware-Bytes is good for that; AVG may not find your problem. IN addition to Malware-bytes, try running the program Ad-Aware, in a deep, full system scan. It will work with Malwarebytes to remove what's bugging your thingie out.

As for your screenie, none of them look off to me except maybe the 1st one. Google will be your bet friend here. Type in the plug-in and "is it necessary" or "do I need it?"

The results usually come up with an explanation on what it does and what it's for. You can decide then if you want to keep it.

Try and download AVG antivirus, it's free and is one of the best free on the market. If that doesn't find anything, go see a professional to have a look at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back