• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Remove Amount Donated from Profile

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
I would like to have the option to remove the display of the amount of money you have donated in total to the site from public view without having to select the anonymous donation option from the donation screen.  I don't want people to see how much money I have but I also want to be recognized for my support.

umm... Other people can't see how much you have donated...

It only comes up for you.

Try looking at someone else's profile for proof, I might be wrong, but I can't see how much anyone else has donated.

@Trust I can see the amount of all of Musician's donations under the "donation" tab. That information really shouldn't be out there.

@Trust I can see the amount of all of Musician's donations under the "donation" tab. That information really shouldn't be out there.

oh, okay.

Sorry for the bad information, I've never really gone out hunting to see people's donations

S'all good, just trying to clear the issue up a bit.

Admittedly I didn't know about it until recently either as I've never actively tried to seek this information out, but I prefer to keep my finances as private as possible.

S'all good, just trying to clear the issue up a bit.

Admittedly I didn't know about it until recently either as I've never actively tried to seek this information out, but I prefer to keep my finances as private as possible.

I can respect that.

I agree, such information shouldn't really be readily available for public viewage unless that person really wants that information out there. I say make it default that the amounts are hidden.

Noted and added to the list of things to discuss. ^_^

In addition to the suggestion stated above, I would also like to suggest the option to remove yourself from the public donation list for the same reasons.

I would like to have the option to remove the display of the amount of money you have donated in total to the site from public view without having to select the anonymous donation option from the donation screen.  I don't want people to see how much money I have but I also want to be recognized for my support.

Seconding this suggestion.

umm... Other people can't see how much you have donated...

It only comes up for you.

Try looking at someone else's profile for proof, I might be wrong, but I can't see how much anyone else has donated.

I agree, such information shouldn't really be readily available for public viewage unless that person really wants that information out there. I say make it default that the amounts are hidden.

I agree to this. Have any of the staff seen this yet? I would tag someone but I don't know how. 

Noted and added to the list of things to discuss. ^_^

Should be fixed for all styles, let me know if this is not the case and make sure to report any other issues you may have :)!

Fixed for all three by what I can see!

And if you can, remove the list under the donation page as well.  It also displays the amount of our souls that we're throwing at you.

And if you can, remove the list under the donation page as well.  It also displays the amount of our souls that we're throwing at you.

The donation page has always shown that. Though it does clean it self up at the end of every month, I believe i can just make the top donars vanish though since that is a widget. But if you don't want to show up on the donation page at all, you need to make your donation anonymous.

The only thing I can petition for is the profile tab which is highly obnoxious and intrusive.

Fair enough, but will my donation still be recognized for the badge if it is anonymous?

Fair enough, but will my donation still be recognized for the badge if it is anonymous?

No.

We can't see who donates if anonymous and the badges have to manually be handed out.

You've always donated and appeared on the donation list for that month: https://www.rpnation.com/donate/

It only shows top 5 latest donations and the goal shows everyone who donated for September. Once September ends, the September goal list will vanish and it resumes again on a blank slate for October. So with out being able to see previous months, no one can tally up how much you've donated to the site in its life time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back