• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Removal of Current Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The current events thread isn't being used as much and when it is used people arent allowed to publish the things they believe to be current events. Arguments arise and then the moderators come in and shut it down after someone says a wrong comment. It needs to be removed. It will just start more arguments between members and maybe even cause members to leave the site. What's the point of posting Current Events if the events we want to post aren't going to be posted?

The current events section of the site is frequently used by many users, as it allows them to engage in conversations about current events that are happening around the world. Sometimes these threads get locked or unapproved because they do not abide by the current events rules and the site rules. As you said, arguments do arise and we do close or lock the threads to stop them going any further. I can promise you we monitor the threads and make sure that there will be no argument taken as far as to making a member leave the site.

Well each time someone wants to bring up anything that involves race, religion,sexuality (I can't think of anything else sadly) it somehow gets locked for not being civil so I think a better option would be to not let people post current events about those topics

If you wouldn't let me post my current event about the incident that happened to the two men cause it didn't abide by the rules [redacted]

I'm done, honestly I can't anymore with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Topics regarding race, religion or sexuality are very touchy and most don't like to discuss them. It's not just those reasons that get threads locked or taken down. Sometimes they can be missing a link or go over the 300 word rule. They cause arguments which is not the impression we want the site to have. If you believe something is breaking the rules, report it and we can deal with it. If you think you were punished unfairly, post a thread in Admin Contact.

Thread locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sorry, I completely misread your post and basically just repeated what you were trying to get across to me. We will take your suggestion into consideration, thank you very much :) @MidnightSoul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back