Recovering Lost Charms

Arynne

Salmon of Doubt
No, this is not a post about PCs digging up lost knowledge from the First Age. Sorry.

This is about seeing if anyone saved copies of some of the user-created Charms from the official Exalted wiki (before White Wolf made it go boom).

I quoted one -- "The Lion Lurks in the Long Grass" -- on this site a couple years ago as an example during a discussion about Mental Attribute-based PDs. As far as I know, that's the only one still on the web.

I'm still toying with the idea of creating a Perception or Wits-based perfect dodge of my own, and I wish I could see the other Charms in the tree that led up to it, just to get my juices flowing.

Anybody?

Most of the stuff on the wiki is unfortunately lost. Your best bet is to see if you can remember the creators and track them down to ask them, which is how I saved Apocalyptic Warlord Style.

There are no backup sadly of the wiki and so far Onyx Path hasn't bothered putting them back online which is quite a shame. Supposedly when they made the transfer it was going to be an instant thing...and yeah many months later still nothing, many great custom charms and creations lost.

Here. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7gWQojsq8EeM1dwcDBsd21MS0E

I've pulled what I could from the archive, ran it through a converter to make a PDF. The SMA file didn't come out cleanly (I've added the .txt if you want to go through it there) but the others are mostly fine. If you can't find a Charm, do a quick search of the text file for it.

I couldn't find alchemical submodules or spells or some other things, and associated Charms are often scattered around, but it's still got a lot. There's some other stuff buried in there I've been meaning to dig out (like artifacts/hearthstones) but I haven't found the time.

Nah, I mean the fan-created spells like Grain-Devouring Flock, Immortal Flight of the Firebird, God-Armor Awakening, Laughing Cerulean Questant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back