Recommended PS4 games?

Zachy1993

One Thousand Club
So I got a PS4 for birthday this previous July. Haven't had much luck finding anime-style games or RPGs. I was gonna get Samurai Warriors or Dynasty Warriors but idk what they're like. Xenoverse 2 Deluxe is DEFINITELY a must-buy for me when I get the monies on PS4. Note: I have an Xbox One currently and several more games for it than I do PS4.

Xbox One owned:

Lords of the Fallen

Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare

Battlefront

BattleField 1

Dark Souls I and II

Dead Rising 1

Alien Isolation Collection

Gears Of War Ultimate (and the downloadable originals like 2 and 3 and Judgement)

Halo MC collection

GTA 5

PS4 owned:

So far I have Black Ops 3 which came with Ps4.

Destiny: Taken King edition.

Sword Art Online re: Hollow Fragment

SAO: Lost Song

DOOM

Gravity Rush remastered

Gods Eater Resurrection 

Ok, here's a personal list of mine, having a PS4 myself:

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (A strategy RPG played from both a top-down perspective and 3rd person perspective, done in a semi-handdrawn art style. Haven't completed it, so I can't say much more than that, unfortunately.)

Final Fantasy XV (Hasn't come out yet, but the premise and game itself is looking A+ rn, if you want to learn a bit more, watch the animated series, Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, watch the movie, Kingsglaive, and play the Platinum Demo on the PSN store as well. It got me invested, personally.)

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + Heavensward, aka. Final Fantasy XIV: Online (Best MMORPG I've played in a long while, tbh. Great battle system, interesting story, an interface and control system that doesn't want me to puke my guts out, plenty of content and places to explore and challenge yourself with. Subscription-based however, so yeah.)

Overwatch (Yeah yeah, better on PC, whatever. Overwatch is a quality team-based FPS no matter how you look at it, from the diverse cast of characters with unique abilities to the variety of places you do matches in. Every single one a blast to play if you get to learn them. Take it from the person who pre-ordered it after not its first showing, but its second.)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Quality RPG which words cannot describe the detail put into most parts of the game. Obviously you buy it to play the Gwent card game though ri--kidding. This one takes a darker road than quite a few RPGs, so if you're not a big fan of those, then best avoid. Prior knowledge from the first two Witcher games is also preferred but not needed, so even without it, you should have an equally enjoyable experience. This also has a GOTY edition for a good price, which has the base game and all of its DLC, as you'd expect.)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (A new edition of this game came out just recently, called MGSV: The Definitive Experience, which includes The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes and all of their DLC for what I'd consider a very reasonable cost. As for the games themselves, it's as they it is - tactical espionage action. In terms of the best stealth-based games out there, this is probably one of the best out there. Stealth isn't all of what this game is about obviously, but it is the main focus.)

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (THE EDF DEPLOYS!  This game is a kind of 3rd person arcade-like shooter with the cheesy invasion movie story that you would've most likely seen in the 80s coupled with humanity's worst foe ...insects. Yes, insects. Did I tell you this game was cheesy? In this sense, the game specializes in those kind of over-the-top scenarios that you wouldn't usually expect out of more serious games. If you don't get quite what I mean, and don't mind spoiling yourself a little, have a look up of it, I'll guarantee, it's a bit wacky to say the least.)

Welp, I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There's my recommendations for the time being. Hope you like them!

Ok, here's a personal list of mine, having a PS4 myself:

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (A strategy RPG played from both a top-down perspective and 3rd person perspective, done in a semi-handdrawn art style. Haven't completed it, so I can't say much more than that, unfortunately.)

Final Fantasy XV (Hasn't come out yet, but the premise and game itself is looking A+ rn, if you want to learn a bit more, watch the animated series, Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, watch the movie, Kingsglaive, and play the Platinum Demo on the PSN store as well. It got me invested, personally.)

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + Heavensward, aka. Final Fantasy XIV: Online (Best MMORPG I've played in a long while, tbh. Great battle system, interesting story, an interface and control system that doesn't want me to puke my guts out, plenty of content and places to explore and challenge yourself with. Subscription-based however, so yeah.)

Overwatch (Yeah yeah, better on PC, whatever. Overwatch is a quality team-based FPS no matter how you look at it, from the diverse cast of characters with unique abilities to the variety of places you do matches in. Every single one a blast to play if you get to learn them. Take it from the person who pre-ordered it after not its first showing, but its second.)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Quality RPG which words cannot describe the detail put into most parts of the game. Obviously you buy it to play the Gwent card game though ri--kidding. This one takes a darker road than quite a few RPGs, so if you're not a big fan of those, then best avoid. Prior knowledge from the first two Witcher games is also preferred but not needed, so even without it, you should have an equally enjoyable experience. This also has a GOTY edition for a good price, which has the base game and all of its DLC, as you'd expect.)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (A new edition of this game came out just recently, called MGSV: The Definitive Experience, which includes The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes and all of their DLC for what I'd consider a very reasonable cost. As for the games themselves, it's as they it is - tactical espionage action. In terms of the best stealth-based games out there, this is probably one of the best out there. Stealth isn't all of what this game is about obviously, but it is the main focus.)

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (THE EDF DEPLOYS!  This game is a kind of 3rd person arcade-like shooter with the cheesy invasion movie story that you would've most likely seen in the 80s coupled with humanity's worst foe ...insects. Yes, insects. Did I tell you this game was cheesy? In this sense, the game specializes in those kind of over-the-top scenarios that you wouldn't usually expect out of more serious games. If you don't get quite what I mean, and don't mind spoiling yourself a little, have a look up of it, I'll guarantee, it's a bit wacky to say the least.)

Welp, I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There's my recommendations for the time being. Hope you like them!

I second Valkyria Chronicles, FF XV, Overwatch, and Metal Gear Solid V. Also, if you play fighting games, 

"Blazblue: Central Fiction" is coming out soon. You might wanna look into that if you're a fan of 2D fighters. It's really smooth, and the series has an actual story.

Otherwise, this might just be me as a Touhou fan, but I came across a nice doujin game on PS4 called "Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity." It's an action RPG where you play as a loli vampire and her ever-faithful maid to solve the mystery of an invisible monster attacking the countryside by beating the crap out of any character who gets in your way.

@Zachy1993

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back