Other Recipe share

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya! I love sweets and am incredibly lazy! Give me some simple recipes to make, and I'll give you some as well! Though granted, my recipes aren't actually made from scratch. 

Hot Mocha 

What you'll need: Coffee, Milk, Chocolate syrup

1. Make coffee. If you have a single-serve coffee maker, only make half a cup. If you have to make a pot, make a pot. If you make espresso, make two shots.

• I personally have a single serve coffee maker. If you have one too, set up to make the coffee but don't actually start brewing yet until after the next two steps
  2. In a mug, pour milk til the mug is a third of the way filled. 
  3. Pour in any desired amount of chocolate syrup into the milk, and then stir together.
  4. Fill the cup the rest of the way with coffee. This is where you would set the cup under the single-serve coffee maker and start brewing. 
  5. Mix again.
  6. Enjoy!

If desired, this drink can be poured over ice or refrigerated for half an hour to make Iced Mocha. Chocolate syrup can be substituted for caramel syrup or any non-fruity syrup. No guarantees fruity coffee will taste good.  

Noivian's Peanut-butter Chocolate Pie

What you'll need: Cookie pie crust, Two small boxes of chocolate pudding mix, Two rounded tablespoons peanut-butter

1. The first thing you need to do is set up the cookie pie crust. If you're like me then you got the premade stuff and only need to take off the lid. Make sure you put the pie crust on a firm plate, preferably not paper. 

• If not using pemade crust, I'll post a simple cookie pie crust recipe down below. 
  2. Measure out what you're going to need for the pudding. The pudding is going to harden fast when you put it together, so timing is key. 
  3. Put the peanut-butter in a microwave-safe cup; microwave for thirty seconds until soft. 
  4. While that's microwaving, mix together the pudding
  5. Before the peanut butter hardens again, pour it into the bottom of the pie crust. Make sure to not fill the entire pie crust with peanut butter. 
  6. Pour the pudding over top, being careful not to spill out of the pie crust. 
  7. Smooth the top, cover gently, and refrigerate for thirty minutes. Serve cold. 

Peanut butter can potentially be substituted with soynut butter or other substitutes, but be careful not to overcook it when microwaving. Microwave ten seconds at a time until soft enough to pour. 

Basic cookie pie crust

What you'll need: 1 1/4 cup cookies of choice, 1/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. If using Oreos, make sure to take out the middle. 
  3. Mash the cookies into crumbs
  4. Mix everything together in a bowl.
  5. Press into a pie pan
  6. Bake for 15 minutes
  7. Let cool before filling

A simple delicious Carbonara 

Ingredients

- No.7 Noodles a.k.a the biggest noodles a.k.a spaghettoni. You can also use macaroni or fettucine but I prefer the first.

- 1 egg yolk, 1 egg

- Bacon, 3 stripes and cut into pieces

- 1/2 shredded parmesan

- Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Cook 1/4 of the noodles according to packet instructions. It is preferred that it should be al dente, a bit hard a bit soft or something like that, but if you hate those, then cook it until it's well done. 

2. Drain the noodles but make sure to leave some water that you used on cooking the noodles. Leave it aside for later.

3. On a wok or saucepan or whatever you have, put the bacon. DO NOT PUT OIL, since it already have it's own oil. Cook it until a bit brown and when the bacon oil comes out.

4. In a bowl, put the egg, the egg yolk (to make it creamy. If you want, you can also add another one egg yolk), put the parmesan, salt and pepper according to your taste, then mix.

5. Put the saucepan out of the fire and put the noodles. Let it cool for a minute or two.

6. Pour the mixture on your bowl, make sure you pour it on the noodles. Immediately stir it to prevent from making scramble eggs (it will give you stomachaches so make sure you don't make it scramble.)

7. With a spoon, put some water (the one you used when you cooked the noodles) on your saucepan. Make sure it doesn't become a soup. When you mix it, it becomes really creamy.

8. Put the saucepan on the stove again. You may or may not  want add water again, depends on how it looks. Stir until cheese melts or it becomes hot again

9. Add more cheese and fresh chopped parsley for garnishing.

10. Serve into a plate. Eat while hot.

--

Garlic Bread in a saucepan 

Ingredients

1. Any kind of bread you want/have

2. Butter

3. Diced Garlic (never tried using Garlic powder)

4. Shredded/Grated Mozarella

Optional:

5. Chopped fresh parsley

Instructions:

1. Mix the diced garlic to the butter.

2. Cut the bread in half

3. Spread the butter + diced garlic onto the bread 

4. Put the mozarella on top, as little or as many as you want, and then sprinkle some fresh parsley on it if you have.

5. Place it on a saucepan (occupy all possible spaces in the saucepan) put on the lid and put the fire on low to melt the mozarella. If you put it on high, the bread will burn without the mozarella melting.

6. Remove when the mozarella has melted.

7. Serve with a Chocolate milkshake ;)

---

Chocolate Milkshake

Ingredients:

1. Vanilla Ice cream 

2. Chocolate Syrup

3. Skim Milk

Instructions

1. Do not put ICE. Do not put the ice cream while it's frozen either. Make sure it has become soft and lumpy. 

2. Put Ice cream on the blender.

3. Add a lot of syrup or according to your taste.

4. Pour Skim Milk

5. Blend.

If it's too watery, then add more ice cream. If it's too lumpy, then add more milk. If it has no taste and the color is not quite dark, add more syrup. 

Honeybuns perfect for the honeybuns in your life. <3

Ingredients

1. 60g butter
  2. 40g-45g caster sugar (or run regular granulated sugar through a food processor until powdery like I did)
  3. 4 tbsp honey (might work with agave, but no guarantees since I haven't tried)
  4. 80 mL milk
  5. 1 egg, beaten
  6. 115g self-raising flour (you can easily make your own by combining 1 cup of apf + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt)
  7. 12 hole cupcake tray lined with paper cases

Steps

1. Let your oven heat to 170C while you prep the batter
  2. Combine the butter, sugar and honey in saucepan. Heat while stirring until butter has melted.

• alternatively if your family doesn't trust you on a stove, stick it in a microwave safe container. set microwave temp to mid-high to high (depending on wattage). every 10-15 seconds, remove from microwave and stir. continue until butter's melted
  3. Stir in the milk
  4. Stir in egg, make sure to watch the egg doesn't cook
  5. Sift in the flour then mix. Avoid overmixing so that it doesn't turn out heavy.
  6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
  7. Bake until golden and just slightly risen, around 20 minutes. It should have a slightly wet sheen and a bit spongey to the touch when it's done c:

I love this with a strong black tea, and it keeps well in the fridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as it's getting to be fall I'll post a few recipes from my recipe blog(Old site but i hope to revitalize it soon) for those colder nights when something warm in the belly be better.

Chili (Seriously that's all its called...maybe I'll try to think of a better title)-Vegetarian!

1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1/4 c sweet white onion
3 cloves Garlic Minced
1/4 c fresh cilantro
1 Pkg Old El Paso chili mix
1/4 c  Grapeseed oil or Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Jalapeno pepper(sliced fine) -I use Fresno for a bit more heat
1 Serano pepper (sliced fine)

1) In a large saucepan over low heat add oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.

--For a slowcooker set to low for about 2-3 hours

2) Add Chili mix and blend well. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.

-For slowcooker keep on low another hour stirring at the beginning and about 30-45 mins inor at the end

3) Remove from Heat serve and enjoy!

-A little bit of sharp cheddar schredded on top does very nicely..or a dollop of sourcream

And this next recipe is one prepared and cooked in a slowcooker. Great to get ready just before a particularly heavy work day or a long day of tests and exams. Also just good to heat on a cold day by a warm fire.

Spicy pulled pork

1/4 cup Paprika
2 Tablespoons Chili powder
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
2 Tablespoons Salt
2 Tablespoons black pepper(ground)
1 Teaspoon cayenne
1 Tablespoon oreagano
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 Medium yellow onions
5-6 Pounds boneless Pork shoulder --Feel free to add portabello mushrooms or use different types or shapes of meat[Pork chops, Steaks...etc]
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes

The night before mix the Paprika,chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, oregano, cinnamon, and sugar in a small bowl.

Remove excess fat and tough skin layer from pork roast. Cut the pork to maximize surface area between 2 pieces.

Rub spices all over meat. Wrap the spice-rubbed meat in plastic wrap or place in a covered baking dish and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning chop the onions into 2 inch chunks and place a few onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Unwrap the meat and layer it on top of the onions below half of the tomatoes. Repeat onion-meat-tomatoes layering.

Turn the slow cooker on high for 6 hours. Serve immediately. The recipe can be turned down to low setting for an additional hour if needed.

Hope you all enjoy...^-^b

^ You seem to love spicy stuff 

I Do like things with a bit of a kick it's true, but I have other recipes that i love that aren't spicy. Would you like to see? I can grab another from my blog..it still has a few i can post before I run out and need to start up again.

I just think spicy is a good spice when it's cold outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Do like things with a bit of a kick it's true, but I have other recipes that i love that aren't spicy. Would you like to see? I can grab another from my blog..it still has a few i can post before I run out and need to start up again.

I just think spicy is a good spice when it's cold outside.

Yes please! Something simple would be nice :P  

Yes please! Something simple would be nice :P  

Hope these are simple enough?

Another good fall recipe

Pumpkin Cream Parfait

2 4-Serving packages Jell-O instant vanilla pudding

1 15 ounce can of pumpkin

1 cup liquid nondairy creamer

1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest

3 cups Cool Whip nondairy whipped topping

"Caramelized graham cracker topping"

1. In a large bowl, using a wire whisk or electric mixer, mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, nondairy creamer, pumpkin pie spice and orange zest until creamy and thickened, about 1 min.

2.Thoroughly mix in Cool Whip. Refrigerate.

3.To serve layer the Pumpkin cream on top of and below a layer of the graham cracker topping

And Now...

Caramelized Graham Cracker Topping

6 full sheets store bought honey graham crackers

6 tablespoons of butter

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with graham crackers placed side-by-side so no space remains between them.

2.a small sauce pan, melt butter with sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue cooking for about 2 min.

3. spoon butter sugar mixture over crackers trying to cover them fairly, completely. Bake for 10 min. Let cool

4. The crackers in a plastic bag and crush.

If not...feel free to comb through my blog... it's mostly vegetarian...and it's pretty old...but i do hope to start it up again...

http://curiouslycreatedrecipes.blogspot.com/

Hope these are simple enough?

Another good fall recipe

Pumpkin Cream Parfait

2 4-Serving packages Jell-O instant vanilla pudding

1 15 ounce can of pumpkin

1 cup liquid nondairy creamer

1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest

3 cups Cool Whip nondairy whipped topping

"Caramelized graham cracker topping"

1. In a large bowl, using a wire whisk or electric mixer, mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, nondairy creamer, pumpkin pie spice and orange zest until creamy and thickened, about 1 min.

2.Thoroughly mix in Cool Whip. Refrigerate.

3.To serve layer the Pumpkin cream on top of and below a layer of the graham cracker topping

And Now...

Caramelized Graham Cracker Topping

6 full sheets store bought honey graham crackers

6 tablespoons of butter

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with graham crackers placed side-by-side so no space remains between them.

2.a small sauce pan, melt butter with sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue cooking for about 2 min.

3. spoon butter sugar mixture over crackers trying to cover them fairly, completely. Bake for 10 min. Let cool

4. The crackers in a plastic bag and crush.

If not...feel free to comb through my blog... it's mostly vegetarian...and it's pretty old...but i do hope to start it up again...

http://curiouslycreatedrecipes.blogspot.com/

Not sure if the ingredients are available here, and I was never fond of puddings but would definitely check your blog. Thanks anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back