Food Recipe Book

Truff

One Thousand Club
Share your favorite recipes whether it be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. I personally love to cook and will be posting a ton in a bit!

I have a fun sugar cookie recipe I'm cool with sharing =D
I have yet to meet someone who didn't like the taste of these, even if they aren't a big fan of sugar cookies to begin with. They're just so much better home made.

2 1/4 cup self-rising flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond extract

Almond extract is normally optional but I add it in cause it gives some extra umf that I like lol

beat sugar and butter in a large bowl, until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add flour mixture. Continue beating this up at low speed until it's all well blended.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the dough feels firm enough to roll out.
Then the tedious part-- roll it out with flour and cut shapes!

Preheat oven at 350 F
Bake about 10 minutes.

Icing is an easy make:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
+ food coloring of choice

adjust these measurements of course, because one bowl of icing probably wont be enough =D I just make it in little amounts so I can have multiple colors. I think I usually make 2-3 bowls?
/been a while

upload_2017-3-15_13-24-18.png

Hands down the most amazing dessert I have every made/eaten

Prep time: 00:15, Cook time: 00:30, Total time: 00:45
Makes: 12 servings (But can serve one person if you're feeling ambitious ;) )

Ingredients:
5 oz pkg cook & serve chocolate pudding
3 cups whole milk
12 graham cracker squares
3/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
15 oz box chocolate cake mix, dry
1/2 cup cold butter, sliced
10 oz pkg miniature marshmallows
whipped cream

Instructions:

• Prepare chocolate pudding with milk on stove top as directed on package. Allow to cool in pot for 15 minutes.
  • Spread pudding evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Lay graham crackers evenly in pudding and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
  • Sprinkle dry cake mix over pudding and dot with slices of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and stir making sure any dry cake mix spots have be moistened.
  • Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and remaining chocolate chips. Bake an additional 5 - 8 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and brown. Allow cobbler to cool 15 minutes before serving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mine didn't come out as neat as the pic, but you really can't combine those ingredients and mess it up. I put it in a bowl warm and dipped graham crackers in it. Put the left overs in the fridge overnight. It's heavenly both warm and cold.

I get all my recipes from Pinterest. Here is the original link to the recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back