• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Rebooting a roleplay

Olissa

One Thousand Club
So I have a roleplay that kind of died out before it could actually start.

It's been dead-ish for around a month now, and I was wondering if there is a minimum amount of time before one can officially call it.

Secondly, I rewrote part of it which will make it possible to get it moving right from the start. I could incorporate that into the old RP, but since it has been kind of laying there for a while already I'm not sure if it would really attract new players. My thoughts would be to create an entirely new thread.

So my main question would be is that allowed, to restart nearly the same roleplay in a second thread after roughly a month of the other being deadish. And if so would it be possible to request the old thread be archived or so?

Last edited by a moderator:
Olissa said:
It's been dead-ish for around a month now, and I was wondering if there is a minimum amount of time before one can officially call it.
There really isn't a period of time you have to wait before you determine that your own roleplay is dead.

I recommend you start a new thread and also utilize the recruitment areas here: Recruitment | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Let me know if you need anything else :) !

Also, you don't really have to worry about archiving; the sheer volume of active RPs will push inactive ones to the bottom of the list soon enough. ;)

Olissa said:
Thank you very much, I believe that is all I wished to know at this point.
The one thing to keep in mind is that the roleplay sections's only traffic is the users who already have a game going. The recruitment section is watched by thousands looking for games, so hopefully you'll get a better chance of finding players by using it.

That is where I initially had found most of the people that showed interest, unfortunately that still seemed to not really help it. The main problem lied with the fact that I had to have all positions filled before it could actually start. Now that I've rewritten it, it should ease that up and give it more life and chance to move before death comes knocking again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back