• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rebellious Contract: The Audition - Kdrama/Thaidrama - MxM

Arabella Cauwell

Harry Potter and Asian Drama Ambassador
Title:
Rebellious Contract: The Audition
Rpers:
Pasta and Arabella Cauwell
Genre: Kdrama, BL, etc..
Pairings: Actor x Actor, Director x (Mystery solved soon)
Place: An Entertainment company in Korea
Summary: Thai actors are invited to audition for a Korean BL drama. Pha is forced by his company to audition so he decides to go, but ruin his and another actors audition. Somehow the audition that he meant to ruin ends up getting out of hand when a BL star decides to break up a fight. Impressed, the director goads the actors into interacting and sees their true shipping potential​

480px-Tul_pakorn.jpg

Phassakorn Anurak was Thai drama star royalty, or so he was told by his many fans. Pha, as he was nicknamed to make it easier on international fans, was viewed as a handsome Casanova, who many female stars boasted about knowing. In fact, it was public knowledge that many female stars actually requested him to play opposite them in romantic comedies, whether they had a boyfriend or not. For this reason fans believed that he must have been very good at kissing scenes.

‘If only they knew,’ Pha thought as he grumpily entered the entertainment studio, ‘then maybe I wouldn’t be subjected to this kind of show.’

Indeed, Pha was pretty pissy at the moment. You see, because he had managed to get a career going without ‘subjecting’ himself to BL, Phassakorn had assumed that he had managed to skip that general Thai necessity. Unfortunately for him he’d been wrong. His manager, who he generally trusted and who had gotten him this far had broken the news to him weeks ago.

Flashback

It all had to do with current trends. Recently Thai dramas had become more popular, but not because of the original mainstream dramas, because they did BL exceptionally well. Thai popular culture was generally, recently obsessed with three countries America, Japan, and Korea. Japan was popular for its food, horror, and anime, America for its style and free/cool living, and Korea for its Kpop and Kdramas.

His company had looked at the numbers. Viewership was much larger for dramas that included or centrally had BL characters in it then for regular romances, which explained why in recent years there were so many more projects available for BL shows than others. Pha had noticed this, but hadn’t cared. He had assumed that since so many Thai actors had ‘sold out’ to doing those kinds of lakorns, he could make his career based off of being the only one who didn’t play BL. And perhaps he might have been able to manage it for a bit, but as his manager said, he’d have eventually fallen into obscurity.

But just as he was contemplating the positives and negatives of not playing in a BL the most shocking thing happened. His manager got a call from a Korean television agency saying that they wanted him to audition for a Korean drama.

This was big news. Most of the time, for obvious reasons, people from Thailand stared in Thai dramas and people in Korea started in Korean dramas. Occasionally in both there would be foreigners or halfblooded actors or actresses, but rarely did Korea want two main Thai actors to be the main couple in their dramas. And come to think of it, didn’t Korea generally focus on one couple? Pha was stumped and honored at first…until his manager laid out the straight facts for him and the real reason that Korea had decided to call around asking for Thai actors.

It turned out that Korea had also noticed how well Thai BL’s were going, and how much of a huge trend it was nowadays to have a BL couple included or to pair up guys in bands, and whatnot. They saw how Thai BL dramas were working out and wanted to see if they could pick anything up from watching them work.

“Then why would they have asked me? I’ve never worked in a BL before?” Pha had questioned his manager.

His manager shrugged,

“Frankly you weren’t the only one they asked. They probably called any Thai actor they could find the contact information for. But the point is this is a huge opportunity. No matter how this TV show goes the two people who star in it are going to be known as international stars that even the super popular Korea has chosen. Only a crazy person would turn down an opportunity like that.”

Pha had crossed his legs and reached over to take another sip of his coffee before answering,

“Well than call me crazy.”

At this point the manager began to look frustrated as he ran his hand through his hair and continued his plea,

“Pha as much as I hate it when I have to be the one to give you bad news I’m going to have to level with you to make you see reason. I know you normally get your say when it comes to roles you’ll play, mostly due to the company’s kindness, but on this one they told me that if you don’t at least go to the audition than they consider it a breach of your contract…so they will drop you.”

Pha blinked at the man across from him in surprise. He wasn’t just a newbee that the company could crush under their foot, he was Thai Entertainment Royalty. Sure he wasn’t as popular as his heyday per say, but he still had an adoring fan base. Granted more and more of them were trying to ship him with males around him, but he never had to feed into such a thing before. That was part of the reason he had stopped making too many male friends as he didn’t want to be a puppet for adolescent fantasies. But to say they would drop him if he didn’t do BL was practically barbaric in his eyes,

“They wouldn’t dare.” Pha insisted narrowing his eyes at his manager.

“Entertainment companies follow trends Pha. When you and your genre are in they will do whatever they can to keep you happy and around, but if popular genres change and audiences hearts shift…then not even you are safe.”

Pha looked for signs of a lie, but he could find no proof of cunning or manipulation, if anything his manager seemed genuine, which was why it pissed Pha off more, and also why Pha threw his coffee cup into the wall behind the manager,

“This is extortion!” Pha growled as the manager tented his fingers and looked at him,

“It’s business,” he explained, then after a bit of a pause, “also, I didn’t want to tell you this but James is going to try out as well.”

Pha froze for a second before narrowing his eyes,

“Of course that hack would! He has to go to BL since no female wants to work with him.”

“Maybe so, but are you really going to be okay if he ends up getting one of the two parts and becomes even more famous than you ever were?”

Pha’s eyes narrowed, he felt like he was being manipulated a little here, but at the same time he couldn’t help but fall into the exact role that was expected of his personality. He really couldn’t let James become more famous than him. He’d never hear the end of it. So now he had to go to the auditions,

“Fine send me the script and I’ll try out for the ‘Husband’ role.” He insisted as he grabbed his keys from next to his coffee and headed out of the office.

He was going to go to that audition, but not to get the part as the company wanted, but rather to make sure that James did not. His manager had merely stated that he had to go to the audition, to not be fired, not that he had to actually get the roll. What sweet justice would it be if he could pretend he was auditioning, but get himself and James kicked out of the studio.

His phone dinged as the script was sent to him and he smirked at the phone. He was now very excited to ‘try out’ and he felt it would really showcase his acting ability, whether anyone else could tell or not.

Flashback Over

By the time that Pha had walked into the studio for the audition, some of his original excitement had waned and anger had filled it. He had to take deep breaths to calm himself down in the very testosterone driven area of a BL driven set. Around him a good deal of Thai and Korean actors were practicing, some with each other and others with whatever process they had adopted that had managed to get them, or not get them, the past roles that they’d wanted. Everywhere he looked, Pha felt his eyes were assaulted. He made sure to have a tough, angry look about him with the hopes of keeping other men at bay for the time being, while he looked around for James and his opportunity to ruin the other actor’s chances.

He was glad he knew enough Korean to get by, of course he was sure that was part of the criteria for being chosen to even attempt to participate in a Korean drama. Pha loved languages, but he could only boast good enough knowledge in his native language, English, Korean, and Spanish, to do much with it. Thankfully Korean was what was necessary to figure out what had to be done.

“Excuse me, I’m here to audition.” He said with a smile to the, thankfully, female employee giving out numbers.

She looked him over before handing him the number 139,

“Here you go Sir, now all you have to do is take a seat and wait for your number to be called. They’ll pair you with an even number for the practice.”

“An even number?” he questioned looking down and noticing that his own number was an odd, “do odd numbers and even numbers have some kind of significance?”

“Yes they stand for your likely role.” The woman said, before the person behind Pha demanded her attention, and Pha didn’t feel like waiting for the end of that rant to ask so he didn’t.

After all it could have just been an error in his translation. Korean wasn’t his first language after all. Perhaps she had actually said next number and it was just in order. With that thought Pha went back to looking for his prey. He even stopped glaring at everyone and took all of his courage to begin asking around. He described James’ general look until at last someone seemed to have gotten it, because they pointed to the door where auditions, or at least some of them were clearly being held.

He could not have chosen a more perfect moment to find James, unless he’d gotten there before James had even entered the room…like right before as he was walking in. But besides that the timing would work with his plan. He was about to do something that would surely get both himself and James off of this TV show and quite possibly off the set. But that’s exactly what he wanted.

With something of a smirk, or a maniacal grin, Pha opened the door leading to the interview room and immediately stepped in. His eyes locked onto James, not even bothering to look at the person playing opposite to him or at the panel of judges? Should he call them. Instead he tucked his number into his pocket and headed straight for James.

He beamed when he saw the shocked look on James’ face and when the hack couldn’t stay in character because of it questioning,

“Pha?!” Just as Pha grabbed him by the tie and pulled until James had to look into his direction.

“Why James is that anyway to greet a friend?” he said with a deranged looking smirk, “Although we can’t really say we are friends now can we?”

Now it was time to give the ‘judges’ some attention, as he needed them to be the one to turn them down. He let go of James and walked over to the judges before jumping right up on the table in front of them, startling one of them as he landed on the spot right in front of her face. He looked briefly over at the director, who was oddly younger than he imagined, before ignoring that and pointing to James,

“I heard that the only reason you want Thai actors is to learn the secrets of Thai BL or something like that. Well if that’s really your goal I wouldn’t pick this guy,” he said causing James to sweat and try to shoo him with his hands, his enemy was embarrassed and that caused Pha nothing but glee as he continued, “there’s a reason he hasn’t been in too many roles lately…as he’s a liability and there really is nothing you’ll learn from him. So I suggest someone else, anyone else, unless you particularly enjoy scandals on set.”

At this point James glared at the other man and walked forward, straight into Pha’s trap. He grabbed Pha’s wrist and yanked him off the table, clearly forgetting that they were in a room full of people. Pha worked out some, but the pull had actually hurt his wrist, not that he was going to admit that. Instead he used his other hand to try to push the other actor away from him, but was annoyed when he couldn’t fully break away,

“Why the hell are you doing this Pha? Do you want this role so badly you’re trying to sabotage me? You must have a lot of confidence in my ability to get this role to do all of this. Aren’t you embarrassed?”

Pha snorted, still full of confidence, despite his heart beating at the strength of the other male. He wasn’t sure he could take James in a fight, but he definitely could beat him in a battle of wits,

“Hardly and I’m 98 percent sure that you won’t get this role, but even that 2% possibility kept me up all night. I can’t have you representing the country of Thailand, we’d never live it down or be invited back,” he scoffed as he moved his hurt hand into the back of his pants pocket so he wouldn’t accidently use it and hurt himself more, but though he was a bit hurt he wasn’t about to stop now, “the only thing I’m embarrassed about right now is being in your company and ever having even been considered for a role that you were considered for. ” he said defiantly.

At this point James was super pissed, he’d clearly forgotten that he was in a room with anyone else but Pha, and he was very done with him, so dumb that he raised his hand ready to punch the other boy.

Pha watched, his heart beating quickly, but his face showing nothing but stoic boredom. If he had to get hit in order for them to be called off the set and settle things between his company and James the jerk than so be it. Although the quick rhythm of his heart seemed to disagree. His body wanted to move out of the way or at least defend, but he held it back. A black eye or bruised rib was worth it to make sure James never represented Thailand in any capacity. And so he waited for the inevitable, with eyes steely and palms sweaty.

Last edited:
Samyan Chaichua

Samyan Chaichua is a well-known solely BL actor. He had appeared in countless BLs, and his face was, and still is, known by teenage girls and middle-aged women. He had begun his career at the ripe age of nineteen. The actor reeks experience, so, when he went into the interview, he had high hopes they'd hire him for the husband role as that was what he usually played in his dramas. With a well-known face as the lead, it was bound to bring in both Thai and Korean views. So, of course, he strolled into the entertainment building with confidence.

Sam admired the young, rookie actors believing they would get his role. Sure, the thought was a little self-centered, but unlike the rookies, he could truly immerse himself in the role. Wouldn't they want to cast someone who was an expert over someone who knew nothing? If they wanted the Thai BL secrets, it would be best to hire an experienced actor. Besides confidence showed through, and it would help him during the audition.

A slip of paper with an even number was passed to him after he approached the woman handing out slips to those auditioning. He shoved the paper into his back pocket before taking a quick glance at it. He received the number he desired, so there was no need to ponder. "Thank you." Now, all he had to do was wait until he got called in the casting room. Eventually, he was called into the room after waiting in the waiting room. But, instead of conducting the audition, the casting team told him to stand in the corner while the pair before him goes.

He watched as the second male walked into the plain room. For a moment, Sam took in the other's appearance; he was handsome, built, but something about him didn't scream 'husband role.' He had seen Pha in a few straight dramas, but never in a BL. He was looking forward to viewing the audition, but the excitement came to an end when the actor hoped up on the table. "Oh," He voiced as he lost disrespect for the two actors; they were acting unprofessionally. The actor on top of the table just seemed to be spewing out nonsense about the other actor. At that moment, he realized Pha's only intention was to ruin his and James's audition.

For a majority of the "performance," he stayed a bystander. It would be improper if he stepped in. But, his opinion changed when it appeared like a physical fight was going to brew. Swiftly, he moved from his position in the corner of the room to end the fight before it began. He forced his body between the two males with a scowl plastered on his face. "Never once have I witnessed something so unprofessional and childish, what are you guys doing?" He scolded. The actor placed his hands on the male's chest around him to make sure they couldn't get back to each other. "Take it somewhere else," He seethed.

The man on his left, James, scoffed before vowing revenge on the man he was going to punch moments before. He muttered something about calling him in when they had a better partner for him before exiting the room. It felt like some moment in the drama where the antagonist says he'll get revenge. Sam suspected that had a strong hatred for each other. It was the only explanation for their behavior.

Sam glared as he watched him leave, he was disgusted. He let his arms drop to his side as he glanced from Pha back to the director. Did this mean his chances of getting the role decrease because he interfered? Maybe they'd tell him he got the role because he helped? But, he doubted that would happen. He only had the two childish actors to blame. "You owe me for basically saving you," He said as he gazed back over to the Pha. Arabella Cauwell Arabella Cauwell

Last edited:
Pha was too busy being ‘self-sacrificing’ at first to notice that someone else had entered themselves into his fight with James until he literally felt a male body get in between them. Pha looked up, only an inch or so to find a scowling male face looking back at him before calling him…what was that unprofessional? Childish?! Pha frowned for a second, before he realized that…wasn’t that exactly what he wanted the director and judges to think?

Soon Pha could barely keep the very cat-that-ate-the-cream look off of his face. Although it was easier when the unknown male put a hand on his chest, which made him almost bristle. But he held it back as so far, without realizing it this man had seemingly become an ally to him for now,

“Ah yes unprofessional and childish, two very good adjectives that describe me, but I suppose James is better at those things than I am. As for taking it somewhere else I don’t have to Mr….um…I want to say Leather jacket man,” and here he looked at his audience…er the judges to add, “you see I strongly believe in hashing everything out in a public place. It’s much safer that way, although it does sometimes create problems for the company,” He said with a grin, looking as ‘honest’ as he could, which was easy for him since actually he was a rather good actor, “should you choose me you should expect no less than today. Of course should you choose James he’ll give you worse litigation problems than that. Won’t you James?”

At that James went to go lunge at him again, but the Leather clad whomever he was hand had kept him at bay. Soon James had scoffed and claimed,

“I’ll get you for this Pha. This is not over yet, I will get my revenge!” He growled menacingly, before muttering something about wanting a better partner. Of course the poor boy who had been his partner for the practice looked near ready to faint, and decided to leave straight after him.

Pha, unlike most sane people who were threatened, looked relieved. With James leaving he felt like he had done his good deed of the day. In his dramatics he had nearly forgotten about the actor that had stopped him from getting punched, until he heard the words the other male had said. Owe him? Saved him?

Pha finally decided to give this Leather Jacket wearing male an actual look over. He was pretty masculine looking, so Pha figured he’d come for the ‘husband role’ and as he had managed to hold back James, who was a bit of a gym rat himself he must have been fairly strong. Pha would by no means call himself an expert when it came to male faces, but he supposed that a lot of girls would likely go for this man’s look, which made Pha confused about why the other male would bother trying out for this kind of role, but many handsome faces had fallen prey to current trends and managerial pressure. Perhaps he was just one of them.

Pha would have liked to have stayed calm and rational and just walk away at this moment without a word, after all besides annoying words he didn’t want to here, the other man hadn’t done anything too drastic to him.

But Pha did have a bit of a temper. His manager always said he was sure it was that passion and dramatics that got him half of his roles, but his manager also often told him that it would get him into trouble someday. Little did Pha know that this may just have been the moment his manager was talking about,

“Owe you?”Although his wrist was still in pain the moment, he realized that the man was still only a few inches from him he immediately used his dominant hand to try to push the other man away from him and then sucked in a breath from the pain, his eyes began to slightly water from holding back how much it had hurt, but he opened them wide in the hopes to make the water in his eyes go away. Damn he wished that there was a fan somewhere around that he could aim his eyes at.

When he noticed that some people in the room were staring at his eyes he looked away for a second to try to will the water back in as he let his dominant hand drop next to him hoping that next time he’d remember not to move it so much. He didn’t like how much everyone was watching him at the moment. He hadn’t come in to actually audition, so what business of it was theres anyway? Because the situation was embarrassing him he decided to focus on the reason that he was embarrassed in the first place, Mr. Leather Jacket.

Taking his left hand this time he pointed it at the other man,

“Saved me? Don’t make me laugh,” he said with an eye roll, “I’m not some damsel in distress. I had every intention of taking that hit like a man, until you came in all Knight-in-Shining armor.”

Here Pha rolled his eyes at the thought of the cliché action before he thought of something and continued,

“Oh I see, what you actually wanted was to make an impression on these judges,” he said nodding to himself as he thought about it, “of course, what better way to show off how good you take care of a man?”

He mock clapped as he looked back at the judges,

“There you have it Ladies and Gentleman the stud you’ve been looking for! Guess you don’t need creepy old James or straight young me then. Such a shame,” he said with mock sadness as he took out the number that had been given to him from the opposite pocket of his hand and threw it at the director, “guess I won’t be needing this then.”

He turned back to the other actor with a triumphant look,

“How’s that for a thank you?”

Here Pha had every intention of walking out triumphantly right there, but something stopped him. When he began to walk away Pha accidentally tripped towards the ‘Savior’ actor and couldn’t catch his fall due to the pain in his wrist, and so he felt himself inexplicably launching towards the same man that he had recently tried to push away. He wondered if this was karma of some kind and if so he was going to have to do a lot more good deeds in the future.

Samyan Chaichua

Sam glanced down as the man attempted to push him away. He only squinted his eyes because he was unimpressed with Pha. But, he planted his feet, refusing to move because of some useless shove. He looked back up at the man as he began his long rant. Frankly, he didn't care to hear it at first. Sure, it was rude, but he would live.

His 'I-don't-care' demeanor came to a close when Pha began to accuse him of trying to make an impression on the judges. No, he wasn't trying to make an impression. He didn't have to make an impression -- He had to do a formal audition and get the role. The only reason he stepped in was to stop both of the narrow actors. It bugged him how Pha thought he was trying to protect him. It only added to his negative feelings for the two actors.

"You thought I was trying to take care of you? How self-centered can you be? Hah, you essentially ruined this for me. I don't need to show people that I know how to take care of someone." He scoffed and rolled his eyes as the male finished his tirade, and threw his paper at the young director. "Geez, like, I would want to take care of someone like you," He muttered under his breath before dragging a hand through his hair.

He thought the feud was over, and he finally never have to see the childish actor ever again. And maybe, he could finally start the audition; finally, claim the role he thought was his. Instead of his wishes coming true, Pha tripped and launched for him. He instinctively wrapped his arms around the male as they fell back. It was painful and embarrassing. It was like the day was getting worse and worse by the second. He could feel his face burn with both humiliation and anger. The actor stayed silent though, voicing his anger would only cause more trouble.

His negative feelings only lasted for a few moments before he realized their position could be a good thing. Maybe, this would make the director see their potential. Sam didn't necessarily want to work with Pha, but a role meant exposure. He'd tolerate Pha if he got the role. He locked eyes with the man above him for a few moments, keeping a somewhat steady glare.

The actor eventually escaped from his frozen state and removed his arms from around Pha. He glanced towards the director and back towards the male on top of him. An uncomfortable chuckle escaped him, and he raised his arms to push the male off of him. He didn't want to stay in the awkward position any longer than he had to.

"I saved you again," He teased. By now, he was putting salt in the male's wounded ego. Although the scene was quite embarrassing, Sam stayed confident. After all, he had that attitude since he stepped foot in the company building. He wasn't going to break it at the prime time.

"Looks like you owe me a lot," He added before rising to his feet and brushing himself off. Arabella Cauwell Arabella Cauwell

nam-joo-hyuk-21.jpg

Director Kim Ryung, mostly known by Ryu or Daniel, in the entertainment world had previously been very bored with the applicants prior to that moment when some crazy, albeit passionate, actor had come into the room and began freaking out the rest of his staff.

Indeed this whole idea of bringing in Thai actors had been Ryu’s idea in the first place. As a young director, Ryu knew he was only afforded a certain amount of respect because of who his father was. He had said as much to his father months ago, which brought upon an argument that had ended with his father giving him a chance and a decent budget to try his hand at, ‘what he liked.’ Because of that this project was very special to Ryu.

Looking up current trends he had found that most television show viewers now-a-days were women, and most of those women seemed to be crazed over BL dramas. Korea was pretty well known for bromances, but there was really no BL show out there that he could see. If there was it must have been quite underground. But Kpop coupling was a clear fad and had added many fans to the boy band collections. Ryu had figured if Kpop boy band members could act as couples convincingly, then Korean actors could.

Wrong…or rather, it wasn’t so much they couldn’t do it as much as they seemed to be very uncomfortable with it. The companies most heavy hitting Korean actors didn’t mind their boys ‘playing house’ so to speak, but when he spoke of a realistic love story they refused to move forward with it. It seemed that no one who had half a decent actor wanted them in a show that ‘might cause rumors.’

Frustrated with the lack of response Ryu delved further into the world of BL, beyond just Korea and Japan, and before he knew it he found Thai BL and he couldn’t believe it. The actors were allegedly mostly straight men, but somehow they all looked so comfortable touching and kissing and sometimes even more. Ryu was excited. This was the passion he wanted for this project, and more recently he noticed that Thai BL dramas were bringing Thailand Lakorns to the interest of people in other countries, including targeted countries like Japan, England, America, and Korea.

So Ryu had asked all of his contacts to get him any and all Thai actors that they had contacts for and invite them to come audition. Of course some of his friends knew well known actors, including BL actors with experience like Samyan Chaichua. In fact, Ryu had seen some of his work and the man was good. Frankly of all the actors that had showed up Ryu was most excited to see Samyan’s portrayal of the Ceo’s son character. He was willing to give every actor who tried out for it a shot, but he was pretty sure as an experienced ‘husband’ type, he’d be most willing, which is why he called the actor in early without a partner to see if perhaps either of the other two could work.

The real problem was in finding a compatible ‘wife’ for Sam. The script Ryu had chosen included a ‘husband ceo’ and a male ‘wife’ innocent rebel type. Despite being able to read the character bio’s most of the men who had come in had played the ‘wife’ role as overly flamboyant, timid, or overtly aggressive. If he had to look at one more impromptu ‘faint scene’ or watch one more sloppy and random make out scene he thought he might hurl.

Why couldn’t they understand the character? Perhaps it was a bit of a complex role, but all he wanted was someone who could showcase the part of an innocent delinquent type who finds himself falling for another guy after some love/hate and keeps denying it? He needed someone who could act tough, but not too tough. Playful, but in an occasionally over-the-top kind of way. Someone you could see on a motorcycle, but also under another man. He also needed someone hot so that the female viewers would up the ratings.

As he was thinking of these things, while he was supposed to be listening to a bunny-like siren male ‘wife’ wannabee and some somewhat villianish actor, if that’s what it could be called, the door to the room opened and in walked in a frankly very handsome man with a maniacal grin on his face. The instant he came in the head of security in the room went to move, but Ryu quickly put his finger up and ordered him back.

There were two people on either side of him to help him judge, but frankly he had the final decision. He was adamant about getting to choose who he worked with. This was after all the project that was going to prove to his father and the rest of the industry that he wasn’t his father’s puppet and that he was deserving of the positions given to him. The security guards looked confused, but listened, after all it was he who gave them their paycheck.

While ‘Cindy’ at the end panicked when the boy jumped up on the table, Ryu looked him over carefully. The boy had a nice build. When he looked down at them and told them honestly what he heard about them wanting to know the secrets of Thai BL drama, he actually caused Ryu to smile. Of course in addition to the naïve, honest way the other boy told the story, he was also happy to note that the boy had surprisingly plump lips for a male.

By this point most of the other judges were scandalized, but Ryu was enthralled. It was clear this man had not come to earnestly audition, but Ryu didn’t care. He was absolutely counting this. Jung-soo, the fight choreographer began to stand up at the time when the actor that he’d written off as villainous, James, had been about to punch the other male, but Ryu had ‘accidentally’ stepped on his foot, and shut him up. He then whispered to the assistant behind him to get him the file of the dramatic actor.

He could tell that the ‘wife-ish’ actor had hurt himself, but was doing his best not to show it. Which to Ryu proved that he would be willing to work on set and do his best no matter what happened. Plus the improv that would come up based on the boys seeming clumsiness would be great for teaser trailers of the show.

Another reason Ryu held the security guards and fight choreographer back was because Sam was in the room. He wanted to see if Sam would do anything. On set or off Ryu planned to be very strict about the interaction between especially the main characters. If these two had any chemistry it would be shown in the next actions they took.

Soon he nearly slapped the table he was so pleased when Sam stepped in-between the two and James vowed revenge. It was all so theatrical. Although he questioned what litigation James might have been a part of, Ryu jotted his name down for a possible villain role, like a gang leader. The ‘wife’ actor would surely show passion against anything this James person said, and those raw feelings would help the film.

He and the others watched Sam’s glaring and subsequent comment to the ‘wife’ boy about owing him for saving his life. Ryu held his breath in anticipation for the response to that. It took everything he had not to beam at this wonderful uke! He had no idea why the man was trying so hard to fail the audition, but maybe it was some sort of reverse psychology.

After all this man clearly read the script to be able to encompass the character so well, right?

Ryu held his breath as he watched the uke-boys eyes glisten. Was he crying? Showing off that he could cry on the spot? Adding to the drama? Whatever it was it was so real! It might have been because of the use of his hurt wrist, but he was still trying not to show it. Such beauty and dedication!

It was at this point that the assistant he’d sent for information had gotten what he wanted. So as the actor bawked at ‘being saved,’ Ryu quickly read over his resume. He had a lot of roles in Thailand, but it was obvious why Ryu didn’t recognize him, and that was because the boy had never done a BL before.

Ryu was stumped. How could Thailand not recognize the perfect ‘wife’ role that was this Pha? Could it have something to do with the guys reluctance to be there? Ryu’s curiosity was peaked and he had every intention of slowly finding out the answers to these questions during this project as the Pha boy mockingly clapped and called Sam a ‘stud.’ Yep, he’d actually said that and then called himself straight, but that couldn’t be right. Not from what Ryu was seeing.

Ryu looked down and smirked at the number, 139.The wife role side. Clearly someone else had seen this boys potential as well, or had the boy picked it with this elaborate ruse in mind? If so he was even a better actor than he looked.

Then this Pha baited Ryu with a mock thank you, right before tripping and ending up launching himself at the guy he had allegedly tried to get space from only moments before. Ryu watched with glee to see how Sam would respond. Despite them not using the script he felt like he was watching the story unfold in real life. He could practically see the sparks between them. There was no question about it, these two would sell as a couple. But because he could and because he had seen so many no’s before, he was invested in continuing to watch it rather than cut it.

He was sure the people around him were confused and some were appalled if there mumbles were anything to go on, but despite themselves their eyes were as glued to the two before them as Ryu’s was.

Sam had previously seemed hesitant. Perhaps because no one knew if this was put upon or real, except for the actors themselves. Ryu could conjecture but he didn’t want to.

The next ‘scene’ as he would have called it, was not exactly what he’d been hoping for, but it worked. Ryu hit the man next to him excitedly pointing at what was happening. It was like a drama. The ‘husband’ hand taken the brunt of the force from the ‘wife’s’ fall. He watched the gazes between the two, both decidedly heated.

Then Sam had teased the other boy about being saved again. It was like a romance novel, one that Ryu wanted to keep reading.

Pha was male ‘wife’ gold if you asked Ryu, but he had no experience in BL, which was obvious, but as the ‘uke’ it wasn’t a deal breaker. Ryu needed to see if Sam could lead the other man properly and show Pha the ways of BL. He also needed to see if Sam was strong enough to manhandle the other man if need be. There were certainly scenes like that in this particular drama.

Ryu watched with anticipation. This was the excitement he had been looking for between actors. Their visuals were also bound to make girls squeal. From the masculine and muscled handsomeness of Sam to the not-obviously-flamboyant, but believable the more you look at him the more beautiful and ‘soft’ he gets Pha, and both of them clearly had nice butts, which was a bonus for his target audience. Honestly these two were perfect for the roles so far and it was very rare that such perfect matches were found. Now if only Sam could lift Pha, Ryu might have to kiss them.

He wanted to see more heat between the characters so he decided to verbalize it,

“Sam, improvise and just go with it.” He said to Sam ignoring the confused look on Pha’s face.

It was clear that Sam at least wanted a real chance at the role and Ryu was quite happy to give it to him.

Pha had not been happy when he realized that he couldn’t budge this Sam. He was really losing in the strength department today, which made no sense since he felt he was pretty physically fit. Of course, he did spend more time on his abs than his arms and he had hurt his wrist, but still…he didn’t like it. He felt like this Sam guy was not taking him very seriously. And who was this guy to judge him?!

He listened as the man called him self-centered, but he told himself he didn’t care. He wanted to be seen negatively at the moment, but it still made him a bit pissed. Unfortunately he didn’t have long to debate a response before accidentally tripping on top of the other actor.

Pha felt hands suddenly all over him…or rather holding him in a protective cocoon as he fell. The brunt of the fall had been taken by the Sam guy, but the hold caused Pha to begin to turn red. He was mortified that not only had a guy protected him, twice mind you, but had also held him and from a front position, so the other boy could see the effect of the embarrassing move, which made Pha even more embarrassed. What was the idea? The guy should have done what any other self-respecting straight man would do, he should have thrown Pha backwards and let him deal with the pain himself. His cheeks were tinged with embarrassment, but he made sure his eyes were fierce as he glared right back into the eyes glaring at him.

Then the other actor was moving and Pha found himself suddenly free. His heart was racing from the adrenaline and embarrassment so he didn’t move right away as he contemplated burying his face somewhere before him on the ground, but thought better of it. The way his day was going if he pulled that move he’d probably end up with his face against the other guy’s chest.

In the end it was the other actor who helped him remember how moving worked. He then rose and at the comment of being saved again he glared again,

“Interesting that the man who can hold his own against a push can’t stop a fall from the same individual. Suspicious if you ask me,” here he turned up his nose at the other actor, “and I don’t owe you anything, you choosing to bear hug me as I fall was strictly your own choice. If anything be grateful that I don’t sue you for molestation.”

Suddenly the director, who as far as Pha had seen had been pretty quiet up until now looked at Sam and told him to ‘improvise and just go with it..’ Pha had no idea what the director was trying to do, except maybe the guy had felt bad that Sam hadn’t gotten to audition and had decided to use Pha as a partner since he hadn’t left the room yet.

“If you’d like to continue this interview I can let them know you need another actor in here to play off of him. I believe my work here is done.” Pha suggested as he began to head towards the door.

But of course fate would not be kind to him this day. The director definitely wanted to see Sam and Pha interacting more, so it was unlikely that either of them would let Pha escape.

Samyan Chaichua

A chuckle escaped the experienced actor as Pha implied him catching his fall was molestation. "You'd sue me for molestation? Yeah, I don't think that would go well. Not my fault you flew at me. I should sue you for my back injuries." To be fair, his back wasn't that bad, and he probably wouldn't be in sore at all. But, he could play it up.

A smirk appeared on his face when the director instructed him to improvise. It was his chance to torment Pha. He could tell the male wasn't too fond of a BL role; why else would he be screwing up his own audition? This audition was going to be Pha's introduction to BL, and Sam wanted to make sure it was memorable.

He never understood why actors could be so opposed to playing a BL role. It was only a character, not real life. They weren't actually in a relationship. Maybe they were scared people would view them differently, or maybe it hurt their masculinity? He would never understand why they were disgusted or bothered by the part. With first time BL actors, he usually just told them to pretend he was a girl. When they got to the more intimate scenes, he just reminded them it was only a role, and it was nothing more. He liked that moto; it would stop him from catching any feels. cough cough

At that moment, he had to embody a charismatic CEO. Sam reached out to grab Pha's hand before he could leave the room. "Why are you leaving me so soon? Trying to forget me already?" He asked as he gently pulled the actor back towards him. He did the action gently because he didn't want to harm Pha's wrist and make him bawl waterworks. "Are you angry at me? Huh? Cute," He smiled before reaching up to mess up Pha's hair.

The things he liked the most in dramas or movies was how real you make it feel. You could create an imaginary connection, and make it seem true to the audience. Like he was doing now, even if Pha was more than unwilling. But, that created an even better story; it was a one-sided romance! Maybe Sam was getting too excited, and not thinking of the consequences. He didn't know Pha's limits, but he assumed he was picking at the last few threads. There was one thing he was sure about; he wouldn't get hit.

His aura changed from lighthearted to serious in a few moments. He had read the character description, and he knew CEO's were usually responsible and serious. "I'll let it go this time, but next time you shouldn't run out on me. You shouldn't do that to your husband." He carelessly threw the partner term in, to both dig at Pha, and entertain the director. In the past when he was promoting his BLs, he noticed how the girls squealed at the mention of wife and husband. It was quite peculiar, but he went with it anyway. If they wanted it, he would deliver it. Arabella Cauwell Arabella Cauwell

tumblr_ow6un6bueJ1r7rxigo1_500.gif

Pha scoffed as the other man declared that he’d counter sue for back injuries. Was he calling him fat? Pha narrowed his eyes. He was on a very cleansing diet, not that it was any of the other man’s business, and he looked great, which he very much wanted to say, but had this feeling that it might come off oddly or perhaps it would give this Sam more fodder to use against him, which he couldn’t have. Instead he decided to address it in a roundabout way, by insulting the other actor,

“It’s not my fault that you’re not backs not strong enough to take an accidental tackle. If you’re not strong enough maybe you shouldn’t be trying for such a physical role in the first place.” Pha said smugly.

Pha did not like the smirk that appeared on the other guys face when the director said to go with it, which was part of the reason that he had tried to flee the room so quickly. Unfortunately this Sam guy had rather good reflexes, and managed to grab his hand before he could escape.

Before he knew it, Sam had pulled him into a gentle hug. Pha had hugged many times before in his life. Usually he was the one hugging from behind mind you, but he did have a particularly affectionate older brother who would hug him in a similar fashion, so he didn’t move to escape right away, until he remembered that the one who pulled him back was not his older brother, particularly when he had been called cute.

Pha’s face was flushed with anger and embarrassment as he sat up and looked at the other boy. Was he crazy or did he count this as his improvisation? Pha bristled like an angry kitten before pushing the other boys hand away to face him,

“Yes, of course I’m trying to forget you, that’s what one does with traumatic situations! And did you just actually call me…say that when I’m angry I…you didn’t seriously say…” he tried to get out but he just couldn’t say the word cute as he felt like it would be like an admission of some kind.

Because he couldn’t get that word out he obstinately tussled the other boys hair in retribution for touching his own. It was a childish move, but honestly he couldn’t help it. In all of his imagined scenarios about how this audition was going to go he had never thought to find himself in this situation, which caused him to wonder where he went wrong.

Pha could not believe the next words he heard. Did this guy actually call himself his-his…husband? Which somehow had to imply that Pha, the king of straight Thai dramas, was the w-w-wife? And was he actually ordering him around? What did he mean by he’ll let it go this time?

Pha’s mouth opened and closed a few times like a gapping fish as he tried to form coherent words in this unforeseen situation. By the time he could think enough to say something though he was back from shock to anger,

“Husband?! You are in no way my husband! I don’t have one of those and I never will, AND another thing even if I was gay, I would be the husband, not you! And who do you think you are telling me what to do, huh? I make my own decisions thank you, and if I want to leave, I will leave. Got it?” Pha snapped poking Sam in his…rather muscular chest, despite his wrist hurting. He was seriously going to have to see a doctor about that, but he refused to let the pain show at the moment if he could help it. He felt very much like a trapped animal at the moment. Seriously, where had his plan gone so wrong?

Looking at Sam he figured it had to be this guy. Had this guy not been in the room he’d not be subjected to this scene right now. Pha vowed that he was going to look this guy up when he went home and see exactly what kind of actor he was that he was comfortable doing such nerve wracking things. Pha just couldn’t believe how comfortable the other guy was with this and if he didn’t know any better he would swear the other guy was enjoying this. Then again maybe he was just enjoying messing with Pha since he may have thought Pha had almost wrecked his interview.

Speaking of which, shouldn’t the director be calling new people in? This was a particularly long time for an audition. Which was probably a good sign for Sam that he was likely to get the role. Pha didn’t care what the other boy got, as long as he got out of this stupid building and never had to hear the words Rebellious Contract ever again.

Director Ryu had nearly had security block the door when Pha had wanted to leave, but luckily Sam had been able to pull him back inside. Another actor? There was no way there was going to be a better ‘wife’ than this one, nor a better ‘husband.’ In fact, he was very tempted to tell anyone who’d only come for the main role to go home, but that would not be very professional, and as the director and co-producer, Ryu couldn’t have anybody say that of him.

When Sam had switched to the CEO part, Ryu had called over one of the camera men to shoot the scene. He wanted to see how they looked on film, and as much as he thought they were perfect he’d still need to poll a target audience to see how they’d do, before the official selection could be made.

Ryu watched as Sam flirted and called Pha cute, then he watched Pha’s adorable reaction to that. He was pretty sure by now that Pha was not improvising, but the hilarious thing was that these natural reactions of his were probably more entertaining than if he were trying. He looked around as Pha was stuttering and saw that both of the main women on board including Cindy and his co-producer were hooked. In fact, even the straight guys were watching with amused faces. Whatever Pha said this Sam x Pha pairing was most definitely working.

The return tussle was so cute that Cindy even let out an ‘Awe’ that Pha didn’t seem to appreciate if the glare in her direction said anything. Soon Sam was saying that Pha shouldn’t do that to his husband and Cindy literally squealed with delight. Ryu himself jotted down some of these notes to perhaps be added to the script. Although he had already been the one wanting to learn from Thai actors and directors, he couldn’t believe all the things he was picking up just from this one interview alone.

Ryu watched as Pha seemed to be having trouble forming words after being told not to leave his husband. At least half a minute later he actually managed to speak and Ryu couldn’t believe what he was saying. It seems that Pha had not meant to get the wife role after all, which was odd for someone so good at it.

Ryu couldn’t even imagine the husband version of Pha ever since meeting him, with all the drama and all. He was pretty sure Sam was the better husband choice since he was comfortable with BL and had the role before. But he was a bit intrigued about whether Pha could pull it off, for all he was saying he could.

Feeling a bit mischievous and wanting to see Pha flounder a bit, since the boy’s reactions were seriously adorable, Ryu decided to give the other boy the chance to prove himself, if he wanted to so badly,

“Alright then Mr. Anurak, I wouldn’t want it to be said of me that I didn’t give fair chances. If you think you can do better at the husband role then Mr. Chaichua then by all means do show us,”
He said indicating the other actor, "Sam I hope you don't mind."

Ryu would be very surprised if Pha could out do an actual BL actor, but he supposed miracles did happen. In all honesty though his wanting to see Pha try had nothing to do with seeing if Pha could succeed, but rather wanting to watch him squirm and fail at it. It wasn’t that he didn’t like the guy or anything, but it was rather cute that an obvious ‘wife’ would believe so badly that he would be the ‘husband.’ Hopefully this experiment would dispel any such notions of wanting to be the husband and rather cement the idea that he’d likely be the wife before it became a problem for filming.

Yes, it was all well planned by Ryu. Now he’d just have to see if it all worked out like he wanted it to.

Samyan Chaichua

Pha's reactions were priceless, and they perfectly fit into the description of the wife character. Now, Sam knew these were real reactions, which made them even better. He loved how the other actor responded as if what he was saying was real. Sam was told to improvise not pour out his feelings, but Pha was acting as if he was. "Mmm, but I thought I was your husband. Own decisions? But we share them now." A pleasant smile appeared on his face before he gently brushed away the actor's hand from his chest. "You're making your husband very blue."

At this point, it felt like he needed to remind the actor that it wasn't real. "It's not real," He whispered as leaned forward. His comment fit with both the drama and real life; since the drama's plot did involve a staged marriage. It was also used to jab at Pha for freaking out.

He stepped back when the director mentioned switching roles. It was fine by him for the most part. Only once before had he played the wife role, and he had to admit it wasn't as fun as playing the husband role. It was dull, and he felt like his performance wasn't as good. But, he'd give it another chance for this drama; that didn't mean he thought he'd be plagued with the wife role. No, he was 99.9 percent sure he'd receive his desired part.

"I'm fine with it," He answered before looking back towards Pha with a raised eyebrow. He doubted the other actor would be able to pull off the husband role as well as him. It was impossible. Especially with such little BL experience; it wasn't the same as playing the male lead in a straight drama. You had to make it feel real, which could be difficult for primarily straight-drama actors. He would've told Pha to pretend like he was a girl, but that would only aid him; and right now, Pha was his competition. "Let's see it," He teased while unfolding his arms.

Sam was looking forward to seeing his acting partner's performance. Would he freeze and fail? Or pull it together and still fail? Could he pull through, and become the dominant one? Regardless, it would be entertaining either way. Thinking on the subject more, he realized it was the only time he's wished for another actor to fail. And yet, he felt know regards. Being competitive could be a scary thing.

"Come on, husband." He inflicted his words with a more challenging tone. Arabella Cauwell Arabella Cauwell

Pha was at this point internally freaking out more than externally. Somewhere in all of the confusion, since he never considered himself trying out he had started to take Sam literally, even though he knew that Sam had wanted to audition. Perhaps it was the use of Sam’s real name by the director or how Pha had no understanding of who Sam was before being accosted by him. Or it had something to do with Sam’s repeating the word husband like some kind of hypnotism that would make it true.

Every time he repeated the word Pha’s eyes widened like he was hearing it for the first time, but he just kept on saying it. Eventually when Sam said that he was making his husband blue Pha couldn’t help but hiss at him,

“Why do you like that word so much?!”

Soon Pha froze as he was approached. He froze like a bunny pretending to be dead, while Sam whispered in his ear that it wasn’t real and that’s when Pha sighed once again relaxing. That was right. Sam was just auditioning and the director was just some sadist that enjoyed this. Why was Pha getting so worked up? Sure he didn’t want to be touched or manhandled, but at least Sam wasn’t seriously coming on to him. With any luck Sam was just a really confident straight dude that just wanted the exposure. Yes that was all, he could finally-

Well he thought he could finally relax, until the director told him he could prove that he’d be the man in their relationship. Pha blinked and looked over at the director. In all honesty Pha hadn’t read more that the basic character anaylsis on the husband in the whole part of the script given to him to try out. He’d had no actual intention of taking this role husband or wife or straight best friend.

Whatever the case, as Sam was backing up and saying he was fine with it, Pha almost said to forget it. Until he looked around the room. Most of the people there were smirking. Pha blinked. That couldn’t be right, but after clearing his eyes that’s what it still looked like. Like they were appeasing him or they thought it would be cute. Pha’s eyebrows narrowed. He had no idea what was wrong with this entertainment agency, but he’d been in plenty of Romantic comedy Thai dramas as the leading male. He was absolutely manly enough to be the freaking man if he were in a BL relationship.

Turning back around to face Sam he watched the other actors haughty response,

“Let’s see it.” He had teased and Pha was beginning to get very pissed.

Pha did not want any role in this drama, but he also couldn’t let these bastards believe that they had something on him. But as he was trying to think of what to do to prove himself as the husband he realized something. Thai straight dramas were vastly different than BL.

He had not seen a lot of BL in his time to be sure, but from what he’d heard and what Sam had done, it seemed a much rougher and sensual relationship. In regular Lakorns you’d not see the good guy throwing his girlfriend onto the floor or a couch and then ravishing her. In fact, generally the guy just kept hitting on her until she fell for him. Straight Thai Lakorns were about love and romance and involved a lot less touching on screen than all of this most of the time.

Pha could not even imagine changing his M.O. and he figured it would pretty much be impossible for him to say lewd things or usual BL statements with his own mouth, particularly considering he didn’t watch enough BL to use wrote lines and he wasn’t even going to try to imagine what else to say. Would running this like his usual jobs work? He had no idea whether that would put out or add to the fire, but it was the only thing he could think of to try that might help his damaged pride. But he was really not looking forward to it.

Pha moved forward at the words, “Come on, husband.” He tried to imagine Sam as one of the Thai women he’d worked with before as he stepped forward, but it was difficult to do. Sam was tall and muscular. Pha bit the inside of his lip nervously as he only had physicality to showcase his dominant side and he knew he would not go too far, because he never had.

He reached one hand out and cupped Sam’s face gently caressing it from the other man’s forehead down the side of his face to his chin, and then rested his fingers playfully on the other man’s lips, his eyes following his own hand all the way to the other boys lips until he suddenly looked up into the other man’s eyes with all the sincerity he could imagine. Pha didn’t try to make it sensual, nor dominating per say, he just lead everything to the look of total focus on one person in one moment. It was the kind of look of budding innocence, or trying something for the first time, and the kind of look that made one feel that you were the only one that person had put that much attention into. Or so it would seem. Most people were naturally starved for attention, and this was the kind of look that could feed that internal yearning.

But after a minute, that might have seemed like an eternity to the people in that room, Pha dropped his eyes and his hand, and his ears began to burn. He couldn’t believe he had used that move on a guy and there was a camera in the room. What the hell had he been thinking? Thank goodness he’d not used any sappy romantic dialogue to maintain his image, as he could totally see this director making it go viral. He didn’t want any part in the circus that this show was clearly going to be, nor did he want to be manhandled by another man.

Clearing his throat despite his bright red face, Pha decided to get one last word in,

“Well that will be all from me. Good luck with your production and remember to tell my agency that I did my job. Thank you and I hope to never see any of you again in the future.”

Pha could not control the color of his face anymore. He just wanted to get into the car his agency had rented and have his manager take him home. This time when he went to leave no one stopped him, and Pha was more happy about that than anything else that day, including likely getting James kicked off the set.

Samyan Chaichua

The act Pha performed wasn't what Sam expected; it was sweet and innocent. There was no sign of dominance radiating from the move. It was brusque, and no words were said. The whole room was silent as everyone eagerly watched to witness Pha fail miserably. But, he didn't fail miserably, and it was anticlimactic. It wasn't a BL move, but in fact, a real-life move. It was something a real couple would do not a drama couple. Sure, the interaction was implemented in plenty of BLs, but it didn't showcase the husband or wife role.

Since the move seemed to demand silence and it’d be too awkward for him to say anything, Sam kept his mouth, and simply smiled; trying to keep his smile as sincere as possible.

The pure interaction ended shortly after, and he couldn’t help but view Pha differently. He felt like he was a baby just learning to walk, expect, he was an adult, and walking was BL acting. Sam was kind of hoping Pha would get one of the roles; he wanted to see him learn the ways of BL. He was always a fan of seeing first-time boys love actors develop into experts. It was interesting.

He couldn’t help but notice the dust of pink spreading from Pha’s ears down to his face. After a few seconds, pink became red, and it was apparent he was blushing (or at least embarrassed). “Cute,” He thought to himself before running a hand through his hair. He would have laughed if he wasn’t in front of the director.

“Bye,” He replied to the somewhat rude ‘goodbye’ from Pha. He found it almost entertaining how he thought he wouldn’t get a role; there was a reason they were forced to improvise and filmed. But he supposed the other actor didn’t understand. They’d definitely see each other sooner or later.

The actor looked towards the casting crew before offering a slight bow. He rose back up, and let a smile dance across his face. “I suppose that’s my cue to leave as well. Thank you very much. Goodbye. Maybe I’ll hear from you, maybe you won’t.” The last line was supposed to be humble. He used it often to show he wasn’t opposed to getting a role but wasn’t expecting one either. It was only used to show he wasn’t narcissistic.

“Bye,” He repeated before stepping through the audition room exit.

The bizarre, yet successful audition was finally over. He let out a soft sigh before walking past the long line of people waiting for their auditions. A few people waiting tried to ask why it took so long, but he only waved them off and muttered something about complications. Arabella Cauwell Arabella Cauwell

Director Ryung had been the one who told Pha to try out the husband role. He had been looking for a bit of a laugh in all honesty, but what he got was so…pure that one could break a tooth off of it. It was strange to him that someone so dead set against doing this BL could give such a meaningful look to another man without it having a meaning. It sad something about him that Ryu was sure the other man hadn’t wanted to reveal about himself. If that’s what he thought the husband role was, he clearly wasn’t getting the true importance of the ‘wife’ role. His family perhaps, or perhaps society that he held must have showcased the wife role in a very demeaning fashion.

The beauty of that innocence had much of the room captivated by him for a short time. Then all too soon it seemed the man’s nerves or memory returned and he began to blush and backtrack. His words were rude, sure, but in all fairness to him most of the room he’d just been in had messed with his pride. He could understand the man’s rough speech, and upset, but he was not about to let the man get away…at least long term.

Soon the husband was leaving too. He’d been an awesome husband. An experienced one like Ryu had always hoped for on this project since he’d first picked it out. He wasn’t yet sure if Sam would be happy or not having to lead this Pha around to get what the others wanted, but from what he had seen Sam would be the best equipped he’d seen so far to do so. Also, considering the wife character himself was supposed to blossoming from innocence and finding himself in a way Pha would probably have to act less than he was used to…well besides the fact that his love interest was now a man anyway. Truth to tell Ryu would enjoy watching Sam tame and helping to tame such a wild innocent talent. It might cause more work on set and pre-production, but artistically it would be worth it.

Ryu looked down at the notes that he’d taken all over Sam and Pha’s resumes. He had found two jewels although he’d only known of one, and to think it was Pha’s over the top antics to get another actor fired that lead to him being in the leading for the wife role. It was almost ironic to think that if Pha had just come in like every other interviewee that day, he’d likely have not gotten the role he didn’t want, but in trying to get rid of it, he’d gained it.

Of course there were other actors to see before he could be exactly sure, but Ryu was excited. He had a very good feeling about these two. Speaking of which, he indicated the cameraman to cut filming if he hadn’t, and asked for copies to be made as soon as possible to try for a collection of the target audience. If anyone else did well that day the same would be said of them.

The room needed a few minutes after all of the excitement and strangeness of that last interview, before they called the next people in. This time when the husband character grabbed the other man too roughly and the wife character swooned in delight all he could do was smile.

He had his perfect husband and his perfect wife so he need not fear that this was the best he could get. Now all he needed was…well basically every other part.

When all of the main couple auditioners were done, Ryu sent a message out to send in the next color, which was how the different parts were coated. Next on his list was to find the actors for the straight side couple. Ryu sighed feeling rather relaxed despite a long way to go, the hard part was over, he thought to himself as he signaled the next set of actors in with his finger tips. Every thing else for the day would likely be frosting on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back