Rebecca Hong

Skryx

Lady of the Hoppy Flop Doggos
Name: Rebecca Hong

Nicknames/Titles (if any): Red 

Race/Type: Human from Earth I

Description of Appearance: Her hair is dyed hues of red as shown (it's her favourite colour) and her eyes are a light colour that's not very distinct. She's slender and tall and though not overtly strong she's tougher than she looks. 

Picture: tumblr_static_7nvujmfzfzsw4go08ck8s4w04.jpg

Background: Rebecca has had a pretty eventful life. She grew up everywhere, with her parents constantly moving countries due to work. This only increased when her parents divorced and she and two siblings were juggled between them as was convenient. The most she ever settled down was four years in university studying linguistics. That was the most she could stand actually. Staying in one place too long makes her restless, so she got a job which lets her travel a lot. As of now she's the translator of some international company, following important employees on business trips to different countries. 

Personality: Lively, intelligent and cheerful. She's always willing to help out or try new things.

Skills/Talents: Languages (won't list since it's not really relevant here), good at reading body language and judging character. Eidetic memory

Writing Sample: 

The students slowly trickled in as the time approached, some in big groups, others in twos and threes and some alone. There was a low whispering as they murmured along themselves, shooting obvious glances at Thudan where she leaned against her table, delicately finishing off the muffin she had snagged from the staff lounge. It was really good, better than she had thought it would be. That contributed to the smile on her face, but really, it was amusing to hear them speculating. They weren't talking as softly as they thought and she could hear most of their conversations, barring the ones in the back rows. Oh, what could she be? What monster is propped up on the desk, eating a muffin? A few of the dimmer ones were saying she was a vampire and others still were questioning if she was even a monster, maybe it was all just a joke. Regardless, they were all somewhere on the spectrum of being terrified or fascinated. Well, they weren't going to find any outward signs other than her hair and eyes. And her remarkable beauty. She grinned at that. She had been very careful not have any scales showing today. 

The school bell rang. Looking away from the window where the first drops of rain were starting to fall and up at the clock, Thudan confirmed that first period had indeed started. But her muffin wasn't done, so she didn't. Shuffling through the papers, she checked the name list, running a quick headcount of the class whilst she finished her food. There was one missing, but still, she should really begin her class. Almost all of them had been completely silent once the bell rang, staring at her in anticipation. This was probably the most detail in which they had seen someone eat a muffin. Deciding not to make them wait any longer, lest their tiny little delicious hearts burst from the stressful palpitations (quite messy), she stood up and was about to address them when the door slammed open and a boy tumbled in, wet from the rain. 

"Sorry," he gasped from where he had slipped and fallen on the floor. "Sorry I'm late! Please don't eat me!" This last part was said in a breathless sort of rush. She looked down at him, trying not to laugh. 

"I won't eat you," she reassured him, reaching out a hand to help him up. She felt a twinge of guilt about the rain.

"How do we know you won't?" This came from another student, a girl by the window as she pulled him to his feet. "Why should we trust you?" The girl sounded part ways hysterical. Thudan paused for a moment, but before she could reply, another girl cut in, practically yelling from her seat all across the class, by the other wall.

"Oh my god Carol, why are you so paranoid?" 

"I'm paranoid for being suspicious about a monster?"

Thudan stared in wonder as the two continued to yell at each other, completely oblivious to the rest of the class. It was only when the boy (whose hand she was still holding. She let go.) said something that she took her focus away. 

"You're not gonna eat me?" He asked, slowly, cautiously.
"Nah man, you're not even really late. I haven't started yet," she grinned at him, temporarily forgetting she should be more formal."Just take your seat yeah?" He did, slipping into the closest unoccupied seat, one in the front row. Her eyes moved to the middle of class, where the two girls were still bickering. The class seemed caught between staring at her or staring at them. "Do they do this a lot?" she asked the boy. 

"Uhm yeah," he seemed a little less uneasy now. "They're best friends but they hate each other. Uhm, normally the teachers stop them before they get this bad."

"Oh. Nice." She had to fight back a smile at a particularly funny retort. The rain was coming down nicely now. Watching the argument for a little longer, she jumped in after "-puh-lease, Carol." where there was a slight break. "Yes," she said, cutting across whatever Carol might have replied. "Please, Carol," she smiled at the girl. "I'd like to start my class now." At least they had the decency to look embarrassed. They muttered apologies, and she looked away from them to survey the class. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back