• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reaperville IC

Emmi

Jumin's Bae

Welcome to Reaperville
So... the RP started. WOOO~ My post'll be up in a few (:

let's hope this rp doesn't die

mentions: open
mood: relaxed

sha·man
noun
a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits.​

Rei Ikoma

Steamy, bubbly and warm. The hot springs were always on of Reis favourite places to visit. His relaxed attitude and enjoying life was always at its max when he was in the water. The drips sliding down his chests and the rest warming every inch of his body. Just like the hand that was touching him. A long term, ’partner’, Lily had joined him today. They’d been worn out from their earlier interactions and had excused it was time for a run down. The two sitting beside each other Lily stood herself up and exited the spring before wrapping a towel round her curvaceous body. Not waiting around she briskly left with nothing but a “See You next time” and a wink. Rei didn’t care, she was for the side and that’s were she knew she’d stay.

Slipping down into the water, her emerged shortly after as the steam surrounded his body and dipping wet hair hung heavy. Stretching out his back as he came out from the water, the cold air strung over him before he begun to dress himself. He gazed round rubbing the back of his neck with a sigh. He was unsure what he was going to do. Looking around there wasn’t much more him to do at the Springs, he’d already had his fun for the day.

As a shaman he needed to get to work. Although he wasn’t anyway he would most likely be harmed, Rei still vouched for keeping everything with his. With a whip oveehis shoulder his bag was in place and he began to move onto his next show down.

3f57373cba3fd92cef53c86a1007a2dc.png

4234e2557f31e9a0b23a95461d29dd5c.jpg

The red eyed female glared at her challenger. The challenger had a smug look on her face, her stupid brown eyes looking deep at Ai's eyes. "What are you waiting for? Come on! Let's see what you're so made of!" the girl sneered. Ai looked around the music classroom. Their music teacher hadn't arrived yet, and this girl--who goes by the name "Lola"--challenged her to a piano duel. "Since you decided to be so smug, you should at least prove to me and the class that you're better than me!" She grinned, and started to push Ai repeatedly. "Ora! Ora!"

Ai quickly grabbed her hand and pushed her away. "Don't touch me," she started. She looked at the piano, and grinned to herself. "I don't need to do anything so petty, however, you're extremely annoying, and you won't shut up no matter how many times I tell you to be quiet." She sighed, and walked over to the grand piano, taking a seat on the soft, leathery cushion. She cracked her knuckles, and the room went silent. She placed her fingers on the correct piano keys, and closed her. Her classmates held in their breathes, and Ai started playing the piano.

The music Ai had played was bone chilling, and ominous. However, there was a hint of sadness in it as well. Lola's eyes widened and the classmates' jaws dropped. The piano music was a bit creepy, but Ai enjoyed it. While playing, she had an evil glint in her eyes. "Isn't that the Vocaloid Alice of Human Sacrifice? She's playing the piano version?"

Towards the end of the song, she saw something at the corner of her eye. She glanced at it, and her eyes widened in horror. A drop of sweat trickled down, and she just stared at the figure. A transparent woman--a ghost--was just standing there. She was playing a mute violin. Her head was bloody, and a knife was sticking out of her chest. Afraid, Ai accidentally pressed the wrong note, and paused, staring at the ghostly figure. She quickly looked back at the grand piano, trying to unsee what she saw.

There was a long pause, and suddenly, Lola started to laugh, along with the rest of her classmates. "And here I thought you were all that!" she snickered. "Oh, did poor Ai see a ghosty whosty?" More laughter. "No wonder her parents don't pay attention to her! She's a psychotic bitch!"

Ai snapped.

"Excuse me!?" she snarled, getting up from her seat, causing the cushion chair to fall back in surprise. She lunged at Lola, who yelped and screeched. The white haired teenager punched Lola in her face, and that's when a fight started to happen.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" the other students chanted. The doors of the classroom opened, and it revealed the music teacher. He yanked Ai back. "AI FUJITA! GO SEE THE PRINCIPAL!"

Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: open

2a7b1d5facd3e3dd99722ffed1acc267.png

c677416d64d06af889f276751465b90a.jpg

The short haired female was nothing but red from blushing, and jealousy. The steam of the hot spring was enough to cover her ghostly appearance, but she was sure her crush saw something red floating about, and it made her even more paranoid. Why must I do this? she whined in her head. Shush! Mei! You can do this! she shouted in her head, slapping her cheeks with her small, soft hands. She was extremely jealous of Rei's "side hoe", as he liked to call her. At least she got some of his attention. All I did was stare at the back of his neck during class.

Biting her lip, she turned back around, and cringed, her cheeks flushing to a brighter shade of red. There, Rei was getting up from the spring, and slowly dressing himself.

He really does look hot like that...

Realizing that she's peeping, she gasped. Her foot slipped against the hard floor, and she screamed, falling into the very warm spring water.

"ISWEARIWASN'TREALLYPEEPINGOHGODOHGOD!!!!!"

She tried getting up, her hair soaked wet, and she spat out some water, and quickly swam out. “IMSOSORRYREIIIIIIII!”

mentioned: Ridge Ridge

Logan Wiles
Logan was sitting in his office, like usual, wasting away what could have been another good day to go out and interact with other human beings. Logan's office was also his home since he couldn't financially support both, so the office was also a bit cramped with a bed, mini-fridge, TV, file cabinet, and desk with chair all into one 18 x 14 foot room. It was a bleak, brown office space with nothing really standing out except for the door with the only window in the office. The detective opened up his filing cabinet to look for any cases he could get back onto that he considered lost or unsolvable, and like usual the ones he did have that were unsolvable were either outdated or legitimately unsolvable. He found an old case about a robbery and decided to call the client about it since it had been 2 years since he was hired to take on the case. The reason behind it being unsolvable was the lady being unable to recall any of the event in question the first time they met to talk about the case in question and never being able to tell him anything about the case since the first meeting. Logan took out his flip phone and dialed the clients number, after a few seconds of ringing a middle-aged feminine voice emitted from the phone, "Hey, this is Danielle, who is this?" It shocked Logan at first hearing a non-prerecorded voice after calling someone, he shook his head and responded, "Yeah, this is Detective Wiles, here about the case you sent me two year ago, doubt you would remember it..." Logan was cut short as the woman cut him off, "Yeah, I have been meaning to call about that for the past month. I figured it out, I actually misplaced it at my friends house that I broke up with the day I lost it. So, keep the money and what not, sorry." Logan could be heard sighing and he leaned back into his chair, "No problem, your money is surely appreciated, if you have..." The woman hung up on Logan, he sighed, put away his phone and put his feet up on his desk. He grabbed a remote and turned on the TV and started to watch the news for any interesting stories or live getaways.

The previous night, a group of teenagers decided to sneak out of bed past curfew to hang out at the condemned old asylum on the outskirts of Reaperville. There plenty if rumors about this place: from odd experiments to abusive staff and even hauntings! The perfect place for a group of boys to go exploring right? Wrong. To make a very long story short, three kids went into the old asylum and one of them got hurt. The very next day, Logan Wiles was called by one of the kids.

Lucas, Tyler, and Scott have been friends since early childhood. They’re all the same age, 17 (give or take a few months) who go to Reaperville High School. The saying “boys will be boys” certainly applies to the trio! They would cause trouble whenever they were together, thankfully it was usually harmless fun.

“H-Hello, is this Detective Wiles?” a hushed voice questions over the line. “M-My name is Tyler. Tyler Watts. M-My friend, Scott Brady was...” the boy’s voice would fall silent, he was trying to formulate his words carefully...but there was no easy way of saying this. “He was attacked...l-last night by a...by someone in the asylum!” the way Tyler spoke, it was clear that he expected a scolding from the adult on the other line - all the adults gave them a harsh scolding. He hoped that despite his transgressions against the curfew law, the detective would at least investigate! “The cops won’t do anything, they think we’re lying and Scott...S-Scott isn’t doing well...” there were a few soft sniffles coming from the other end of the phone. “I-I can pay!”, Tyler adds. Like most boys his age, Tyler wanted money of his own to spend and he had a bit of savings due to summer jobs.

There was a panic and urgency in the boy’s voice as he explained to the detective what had happened, no way that this was a prank...right? Would the detective even take the case? Would he believe this kid where others have not?

PotatoGuy PotatoGuy

Meanwhile, at the asylum...
It was daytime, something the ghost loathed. It revealed her true self, skin becoming pale and translucent to show that she was truly inhuman. Not that it seemed to bother her much as she floated about the asylum. No one ever came here...not until last night. Three boys wandered in, looking around. It had been ages since she had seen a human! She just...wanted to talk, wanted to feel alive again! There was one boy however who looked a lot like her beloved, the man who spurred her at the altar or that’s what she thought anyway. The next thing she knew, she was filled with sadness, rage, and guilt. She had attacked the boy, mauled the poor child before the other boys dissipated her form with an old iron pipe - lucky for them. They left as quick as they came, soon police and an ambulance were outside the asylum. The noise, the lights, they were all so horrible. She hated this new world...she didn’t mean to hurt the boy but he looked so much like Marcus it hurt her!

Guilt and sadness...and then suddenly everything was better! She escaped, as she always did when stress ate away at her addled mind. Back to the day of her wedding - a time where she was happier and a blushing bride-to-be. In her mind, the crown of rotted flowers atop her head blosomed, the sullied tattered wedding dress and veil were renewed and as white as pure snow, and the old dirtied halls of the asylum were the corridors of the church. A grand delusion to be sure - no telling when she’d break out of it...

Valerie Anastasia Crowe

Location- The Mansion of Cirque de Jules, outskirts of Reaperville
mansion.jpg
Valerie.jpg
Valerie opened her eyes, she was on her back on the bed in her room at the Mansion of Cirque de Jules, far away from the morning bustle of the town center. She desperately wished she could sleep, that she could dream of her handsome, dashing Jules......and the way she would wrap her fingers around his neck and strangle him for believing that she had run away with another man so easily. It's been almost a 100 years since, but her memories were still very much alive, looping themselves over and over again in her mind. Sunlight filtered in through the tall windows, illuminating the dust that floated down and through her translucent body, settling on the old, ripped mattress beneath her. She held up her hand, watching as the rays of light passed through her palm. She sighed, how depressing.

" Morning, Miss Crow," a soft voice rang out, and she saw the ghostly figure of Marie flickering at the doorway. Valerie got up elegantly, brushing away imaginary specks of dust from her skirt.

" Good morning, Marie," she smiled softly, approaching the young girl. As she did, she felt a twinge of guilt. She was the reason Marie was killed, just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. But as usual, Marie didn't seem to mind at all, she was beaming from ear to ear as if she was perfectly happy with being a ghost stuck in this crumbling estate.

" I was just about to leave to tend to the maze, would you like to join me in the garden?"

Valerie considered for a moment but shook her head," Sorry Marie, I'm afraid I have some things on my mind. The garden would bring back too many unpleasant memories for now. I'll see you tonight? It'll be the first full moon of the month."

Marie nodded, " I'll prepare the things for the performance after I get back, hope you'll feel better soon."

With that, Marie vanished into the walls, and Valerie was alone again.

Valerie found herself walking back into the grand hall, where she and the performers of Cirque de Jules had once put on grand performances for visitors that came from far and wide. Now, her only spectators were the spiders that clung onto the cobwebs on the ceiling and the chandeliers. The once grand, red curtains were now ripped and pale, fluttering in the wind that came through the broken windows.

The marble tiles beneath her feet felt like home, and soon a familiar tune started playing in her head. She hummed along, the music now floating into the air through her lips.

Her feet quickly followed suit, picking up the steps to a dance that she had danced over a hundred times when she was still alive. The music engulfed her, and she could almost hear the pianist playing away on the grand piano that used to sit at the corner of the room. She spun and leaped across the room, her body now moving on its own. But eventually, she felt the music fading, and she slowed to a stop, slightly irritated that she couldn't sweat or feel tired from dancing anymore, another sign that she was no longer alive. Tucking a strand of curly blonde hair behind her ear, she walked towards the window that looked out to the estate and beyond. The mansion wasn't the only old building in Reaperville, and it was far from the town center, which Valerie was grateful for because it meant that curious visitors rarely chose it as a venue for "ghost-spotting".

She sighed again, resting her arms on the windowsill, but she certainly wouldn't mind seeing an attractive face once in a while.

Interacting with: (OPEN)

Last edited:
Logan Wiles
Logan was watching the weather report when he heard his phone buzz, he switched off the TV hurriedly and got the phone out of his pocket, flipping it instantly and putting it to his ear, "Hello De..." Logan was once again cut off in the same day as a worried kid's voice came from the phone, H-Hello, is this Detective Wiles? M-My name is Tyler. Tyler Watts. M-My friend, Scott Brady was...Logan got out a small yellow note and started to scribble on it the names, he knew none of these kids but the more witnesses the better, "He was attacked...l-last night by a...by someone in the asylum!" Logan scribbled down the asylum and sighed, it wasn't going to be a typical investigation, but the more business the better, right? Hopefully, he started to open drawers on his desk as the kid continued to talk, "The cops won’t do anything, they think we’re lying and Scott...S-Scott isn’t doing well...I-I can pay!" Logan sighed, of course the cop won't do anything! There the cops, they deal with one plane of existence problems and that's it. Logan opened a bottom drawer and found his flask full of holy water, half pint of salt, and clip of silver bullets, "Listen kid, your buddy is probably in deep trouble, I would probably get him to a priest as soon as possible. Second, never go to abandoned sites in this town EVER again, great place for to grant your death wish. Now, stay indoors and pray to whatever god you have that the attacker doesn't return, come to my office, if you know this number you know where the office is, and come into my office with two hundred and thirty-two dollars ready upfront to pay." Logan hung up on the kid and sighed as he put he items from his drawer into his pant pockets. He went over to his filing cabinet and opened it up to a small vault and unlocked it, grabbing out a regular semi-auto pistol and loaded it with a regular clip full of lead, grabbed his detective hat, and headed out to his car. There was no parking lot in front of Logan's office, it was a sidewalk and on the side a lot of buildings. Logan's car was nothing special, a regular Convertible. He hopped into the front of the car, hopefully this kid wasn't joking around. Logan never really wanted to hunt ghost without reward and these kind of cases let him explore places that really intrigued him. Logan knew a lot of the city by heart but he had to stop at a gas station and pick up a map to find the asylum since it was in a more out of town area, one area he wasn't familiar with. He drove out to the asylum and stopped the car about a half mile. He exited the car, sighed and walked up to the giant fortress of steel and depression. He opened the door slowly, peeked in, and walked in to whatever horror awaited.
Malice Queen Malice Queen

mentions: Emmi Emmi
mood: disturbed

sha·man
noun
a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits.​

Rei Ikoma

As Rei continued to walk he sensed something was wrong, it was all corrected when he heard the screams coming from behind him. Stopping suddenly he turned to look but could hear nothing by whimpering coming from a feminine voice. When the splash then sounded his brow perked as he looked from left to right feeling slightly exposed from whomever ha sheen watching him. Walking over his hand slipped into his bag, holding onto the vial of salt he carried around with him.

As he finally reached the spring where someone had fallen he saw who it was. His head again shook in disbelief. Was it really? Squinting his eyes, the shamans hand gripped tighter on the vial as he took a few steps closer. “Mei?” He queried. It was strange. He knew of her death, they weren’t exactly close before hand but they weren’t strangers to one another, including the crush she had on him. But she couldn’t be here unless she’d turned. Clearly she had but could he do anything to a past friend? Could he really.

“What the hell?!” Rei could only scream, it’s all that came out.

Eirika Westfield

de1.pngThe previous class had exhausted Eirika to her very soul so there was no way she would stay for math, might as well die of boredom. Her classmates were already used to her antics so there was no surprise in any on them when she jumped out of the window into the garden and dashed away. They would most likely scold her later but she couldn’t care less, as long as her grades were high enough there was no need to attend class, right? Through one of the doors at the back Eirika managed to sneak back into the hallways of the school. By now most teachers were already in their classrooms so the zone was clear for her to wander around as she pleased.

The girl bought a can of soda from a vending machine she knew was around there and kept walking around. She went past an empty classroom and was about to do the same to the next until some voices caught her attention. It was the music classroom and unlike most of the time where they would be annoying with their instruments this time the noise she heard were not objects but people arguing. Through the gap in the almost closed door she could see the whole class standing around the great piano with the teacher nowhere to be seen. “They look a few classes bellow me, I wonder what they are up to” Thought Eirika as she drank from the soda can.

After they kept arguing for a bit finally one of the girls sat in front of the piano and began to play. It was beautiful and Eirika found herself closing her eyes to put all her focus into the song until something else caught her attention at the same moment that the girl stopped playing; there was a ghost nearby. She was about to rush into the room until her common sense stopped her in her tracks, she would look insane if she started a fight against something most people couldn’t see. As suddenly as it appeared the ghost left, causing Eirika to let a long sigh escape her mouth. Quickly she returned her attention to the classroom just to find the two girls who were arguing before now throwing punches at each other “Maybe the ghost made the negotiations go poorly?” Said the young shaman girl to herself before giggling a bit.

Moments later she heard footsteps from the nearby stairs, seems like the teacher was finally arriving. Eirika quickly got inside the empty classroom next to the music class and a few seconds later heard the words “Ai Fujita, go see the principal!” After the commotion in the next room went down Eirika took a quick glance outside and found the kid that was playing the piano slowly walking towards the principal’s office. The moment the ghost appeared the kid had stopped playing, it made the most sense to think she was able to see the thing and it had scared her out of her mind. This was a first time for Eirika, finding someone else at school that could at least see the ghosts.

The shaman girl followed Ai until the officer and waited outside until she finally came out. As soon as the girl had walked a few steps away from the door Eirika appeared from around the corner and said with a smile on her face “Hey there kid, got into too much trouble? I was about to fall asleep waiting for you to come out”

Emmi Emmi

3f57373cba3fd92cef53c86a1007a2dc.png

Roa.%28Onoue.Ren%29.full.2079312.jpg
Ai immediately let go of Lola, scowling. "Tch," she mumbled, walking out the classroom. With her school bag over her shoulder, her eyes were fixed ahead. Dark aura surrounded the red eyed female. She started to walk towards the office, which was at the other side of the school. "So... how many times was it?" she counted in her head, and scoffed. "Ha! Five times this week so far," she grumbled. She was sure that this was the final straw for the principal, and that she was going to get either suspended or expelled.

When Ai managed to take a few steps from the door, a girl appeared around the corner and said with a smile on her face, "Hey there kid, got into too much trouble? I was about to fall asleep waiting for you to come out!"

Ai stared at this mysterious stranger for a long second, then, replied, "I never asked you to wait, and it really isn't any of your business." She then turned and started to walk away, excited for a suspension, and/or even an expulsion. Her parents never paid attention to her. They're too busy going on dates, arguing, and getting drunk. Possibly even getting laid by others. They want nothing to do with a "psychotic" child.

Ai always had to work on her own to keep the roof over her head. She managed three jobs, and she plays piano for classical and formal restaurants. That's why she's good at the piano; she practiced daily and read books on it.

And on top of everything, she's still top of her classes. She studies daily, and enjoys going to the library. She never opened up to anyone.

Except him.

Mentioned: N/A || Interacting With: Terrabreak Terrabreak

2a7b1d5facd3e3dd99722ffed1acc267.png

5539a0fb745c9f324defcdcf4a10bd76.jpg

Mei noticed that Rei was starting to walk over, a small vial of salt in his hand. This caused her to shiver in disbelief, as if the water itself was the reason why she started shivering.

“Mei?”
He queried. The color drained from her face. She knew Rei was a shaman from all those years stalking him, but she never dreamed of getting discovered. "I--UM--" she slowly stood up, her hair and clothing wet. "I--UH--GAH!" she slipped again and fell into the water.

“What the hell?!” Rei could only scream, it’s all that came out.

"I'MSOSORRYIDIDN'TMEAN--WELLI'VEBEENFOLLOWINGYOUFORTHEPASTYEARSBUTUH--NO... THAT SOUNDED WRONG!" she stuttered a bit. She was all red and blushing quite a bit. She slowly started to crawl out of the spring, and started to run away.

Once she was out the whole spring, she gasped for air. She then gently sat on a rock, looking up, and hoping to herself that Rei wouldn't follow her.

Mei wanted to confess to Rei. She planned on confessing six years ago, but then she died. Well.. bled to death. Her regret was never telling Rei that she liked him, but that wasn't her biggest regret.

Mentioned: Ridge Ridge || Interacting With: Ridge Ridge

The conversation with the investigator went well, considering the...nature of the call. The boy couldn't even get a word in before he was instructed and promptly hung up on. That really did go better than expected. His friend needed a priest apparently...this guy knew his stuff - not even the mention of a ghost and the man knew exactly what to do! Logan Wiles...A man who knew his shit! The young man would gather the money, and head for the office as quickly as he could, after getting a priest to go see his friend of course. Whatever was plaguing him was not only physical but spiritual as well. As if the mauling was bad enough...whatever attacked him damaged his spirit and kept Scott from waking up. The doctors weren't even sure if the young boy was ever going to wake up! The money was gathered rather clumsily: crumbled small bills and pocket change was all the child could come up with. Whatever, it worked...it was the price he paid to keep his friend alive and prevent anyone else from suffering the same fate. When Tyler finally peddled his way to the building tucked in the corner, he would find the office without much effort, huffing and puffing as he handed the man the bag of money. "G-Go get that thing...P-Please, for Scott..."

Meanwhile, back at the asylum, the slamming of a car door would pull the delusional spirit from her fantasy. "A visitor...so early?..." she would float her way towards the entrance, a ray of sun passing through her translucent form and she would come to a halt. "Wait...this is no way to greet a guest, Ophelia!" she would murmur to herself and giggle, form dissipating into nothingness. She knew the rules, they all did! Her voice would echo down the halls of the woeful rusted asylum. She wasn't the only spirit here, why would she be? There were so many others that were...stuck - she just happened to be more powerful than the ones here. Incoherent whispers echoed down the hall. Warnings? Pleads for help? Screams of the broken disturbed minds that called this place home during their living-days?

Logan seemed out of place just like Ophelia, yet from a completely different time! He was handsome, yes quite handsome! Was he married? He must be married! How could any woman not fall in love with a face like that? Suitors perhaps? Oh, but she had Marcus already...dear sweet Marcus. Memories collided, the mauling from last night and the day of Marcus' proposal became a gory festival of screams! Marcus was on one knee before her, Ophelia as happy as she could be, but as she was going to say 'yes' his figure twists, chest becoming bloody and marked with gashes. She stared in horror, heart sinking into her chest as fear, guilt, and anger all filled her cold long-dead heart. "It huuuuuuuuuurts!!!" the ghost wails, her scream reaching Logan's ears in a chorus of cries.

PotatoGuy PotatoGuy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back