• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realm of the Dark Veil

TomoyaKoga

Haunted Youth
A double moon shines down upon a dead forest, located at the base of the Nightmare Mountains of the Dark Veil. Thorny trees whip around in the night, carnivorous plants feasting upon their prey of small animals, and the sound of a battle ringing through the night sky.

Tomo looks down at his colleagues, watching them face the brunt of the battle, as Tomo sneaks from behind to perform an ambush. Tomo's black tail is wrapped around the branch that it is resting on. Those ghouls are my prey. And as my prey, they have no need to live...

Tomo quietly hops down behind them, triggering his Invisible Entity spell through the enchantment on it's left bracer. Tomo proceeds to step quietly to it's target, a small caster ghoul displayed in the back. Man, ghouls are dumb. They only bring one caster, and they're so easy to take out. Tomo whips out his kunai, and quietly slices the caster's throat, covering the mouth of the prey so that no sound escapes. One ghoul down. Six more to go. I hope the others are handling their end well.

Tomo crawls back into the trees, quietly hopping back to the brunt of the fight to aid it's comrades.

In the dark of the night, Dracula accidentally bumped into Tomo's tree and made it shake. He actually had eccelent night vision, but this time... he was so blind that he did not even see something as large as a tree. "Sorry, Tomo!" he said via telepathy, killing one of the gouls.

"Hey man. It's all fine. Just, try not to do it again or you'll be my next prey." Tomo, being the cold person he is, replied back in a stern tone. Tomo jumped down and slashed at another small ghoul, trying it's best to not get noticed. However, this ghoul was smart enough to lay traps around him. Fuck! I guess this one anticipated my coming. Tomo, trapped in an invisible bear trap, tried to telepathically call for Dracula's attention. Drac. Hey. Bro. Man. Dude. Look, I'm trapped over here, and I know I can be a bit of a dick, but can you help me out, please?

Dracula fought his way to Tomo, cutting off some branches with his sword. "I'm just doing this because we need you in our team. Clear?" he said in a pertly voice, freeing Tomo. "Could you two brawlers end your disputes and help me protect my brother from those two monsters? That'd be great" they heard Mihnea say via telepathy.

"Yes, of course. Sorry about the fuss." Tomo slightly mutters this, but still tries to show full respect. "Thanks a lot, Drac. Couldn't have done it without ya." Tomo looks to his bracer for another invisibility charge. Damn. It's too bad I can only use this every half hour. Still got 20 minutes to go. Guess it's time for me to actually be out and fighting. I've been found out already anyways. Tomo quickly dashes at the other two ghouls, launching it's shuriken at them, hitting them square in the back. "Ha! Look! Over here!"

"... you're welcome" Dracula murmured. Ioan: "Maybe you should try to learn to use magic without such tools." Dracula gave the ghouls the rest.

"I'm a beast and human hybrid. I cannot learn magic." Tomo stands there, his foot resting upon a deceased ghoul. "Plus, I find it much easier to use this rather than to cast some spell. It's much more practical in my line of work." Tomo walks around, it's tail swaying slowly behind it, it's ears twitching slightly. "Wait. Guys. I hear more. Prepare for battle!"

Just as Tomo says this, a pack of five more ghouls come bursting through the woods; two casters, a gunman, a defensive and a barbarian ghoul make up their party, the defensive and barbarian sprinting at the task force. "I have no time to sneak up on them! We have to face this head on!"

This was her playground.

...Being chased by a ghoul was only a part of her game. "Oh..." Luci was panting, looking over her shoulder every once in a while. She definitely couldn't lose it, it was a fast ghoul. Possibly the fastest she's encountered. "Whatever shall I do...?" She sang. Despite the dire situation, Luci had a giant smirk on her face. "I'm but a simple young lass!" She cried out, stopping when she reached a dead end. A cliff. How convenient. The wind was harsh, nearly toppling her over. Luci exhaled for a moment, turning to face her maker. The ghoul seemed annoyed by her ignorance, and began to charge.

Luci stood there with a bored expression, within seconds she could feel the claws of the ghoul surrounding her throat. Before it could do any major damage, Luci reached for her sword, plunging it into the ghouls abdomen. It cried out in pain, Luci groaned in annoyance, also grabbing the ghoul by the throat with unpredicted strength, throwing it off the cliff. "Bye-bye!" Luci sang, putting her sword away and waving with one hand while massaging her neck with the other. Well, that was kind of fun. I guess.

Ioan: "That's what they've told me as well, since I'm a vampire. Bust still, I was able to learn it." "Don't worry," Dracula said, stabbing one of the ghouls with a sword.

"Well, I still prefer this method." Tomo says as it slashes through a ghoul with a powerfully thrown kunai. "Oh shit! Has anyone heard from Luci? It didn't hit me til now, but she's been gone quite a while. Yo, one of you guys contact her. I'll take up your load for a second." Tomo runs up to the barbarian ghoul, nimbly dodging it's attacks and parrying with it's kunai. I'd really hate to lose one member of the team.

Tomo's eyes dart around, looking for weak spots in the barbarian. Tomo's ears listen out for any other rustling leaves, hoping for an indication of survival from either Luci or a warning of another horde of ghouls. Through the split concentration, Tomo gets clubbed by the barbarian. Tomo lets out a yell, and is knocked backwards. "Oh, noyoufuckingdidn'tyoulittlepieceofshit."

Tomo is a rager. Upon being damaged so much, it's attack speed and mobility become increased. This happens because of it's reserved emotions, which come spilling out after a certain amount of pressure.

Through Tomo's rage, it sprints up to the barbarian and slices the annoyance multiple times through it's many thick layers of skin. "It's time for you to go to sleep..." Tomo whispers this in the ear of the barbarian as Tomo spins around the neck, and slices clean through the ghoul's jugular.

Ioan: "Well, this wouldn't happen to you if you could use magic. Who's Luci, by the way? We've only come here a few days ago, you know... since we've been trapped in this goddamn world..."

"Ah shit. Sorry. She's the full blood human. And look, I really don't care much for the arts, because nothing gives me more satisfaction than to make my enemies bloody with the sharp of my blade." Tomo moves to the gunman, splitting the gun with a shuriken, and uses another shuriken to slice clean through the head of the ghoul. "Also, it keeps me in shape to move around like this." In a display of skill and grace, Tomo cartwheels to the first caster, wrapping it's legs around the caster's neck, and snaps the neck with a violent twist right before catapulting off to the other caster. "And~ I just... I just... LOVE KILLING!" Tomo dashes to the defender and slices at it with a flurry of kunai. Tomo's eyes are glowing purple, indicating it's maximum rage. "PREPARE TO DIE, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!" Tomo flips upward into the air, grabbing it's kunai, and stabs them into the ghoul's eyes. From there, Tomo flips around while anchored to the kunai in the ghoul's eyes, and uses the blades in it's shoes to stab right into the back of the defender's neck. Tomo lets out a crazed laugh as the large ghoul falls lifelessly to the ground.

Luci crosses her arms, looking into the depths of where Mr. Ghoul went bye bye. Hmm... Luci thought, placing a finger to her mouth. ...I wonder what I should have for dinner...ghoul tears are definitely out of question. Luci closed her eyes, trying to stifle her laughter. Only she laughed at her own jokes. No one else seemed to appreciate them. Opening her eyes again, she looked behind her shoulder without turning her head, completely calm.

"How long do you plan to hide there?" Luci called out to whatever was hiding in the trees ahead. She could sense a foul presence. Not a ghoul, but something different. "Let me give you a piece of advice." She swung the broad sword over her shoulder, turning around rapidly and running toward the source. "Easedropping is not..." she began to swing around madly, cutting leaves in half, "a guaranteed way to pick up women!"

With a few more strikes, the creature fell out of the tree, squirming on the ground. It looked harmless but deadly. Like a kitten. Th creature hid it's face from Luci, moaning in some strange language.

"What the heck are you even?" Luci shrugged, pointing her sword at the monster. The action seemed to scare it- and the monster instantly screamed. Loudly. It seemed like some sort of call. Without hesitation, Luci stabbed it through the throat, silencing the beast for good.

What strange encounters... hopefully the others are as entertained as me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomo finally stifles it's laughter and brushes away a small tear forming at the corner of it's eye. "Well guys, it looks like our work here is done. Let's go find the human." Tomo quickly crawls up the side of a tree, going to the very top, and scans through the forest for any sign of human life. Where the hell are you, Luci? Tomo finds a small glinting light at the edge of the forest near a cliff. I'm pretty sure that's her broadsword. That thing is big enough to cleave straight through a tree.

At the sight of the sword, Tomo beckons the others to follow, and dashes through the trees, hopping from branch to branch quietly. Know Luci, she's either having serious fun, or serious hell. Let's hope it's the latter. Tomo comes across the clearing, going to a nearby tree, and watches Luci slash at a tree, and watches a small.. creature? Fall from the tree. Tomo, being it's mischievous self, finds that the invisibility marker on it's left bracer is finally ready for use, and uses it to sneak behind Luci.

Tomo comes up behin Luci and goes right up to her ear, shouting "Boo!"

Ah. I know what I can eat! ...Ramen! Again... Luci was waving her sword around, attempting to get rid of the beasts blood. She liked her broad sword sheen and in perfect condition, not soiled by some unintelligent monster. Once calm, now slightly startled, a chill ran down Luci's spine. She cringed when she heard the familiar voice, turning around to punch at...the air. (I'm assuming Tomo is invisible the whole time? xD )

"Bad..." She swung yet again, unsuccessfully. "Kitty...!"

She really wasn't a fan of cats anymore...

(Yes, he was invisible the whole time xD ) "Gah!" Tomo falls to the ground, clutching it's nose, stifling a much higher pitched scream. "Fuck! You didn't really have to punch me that hard, did you?!" Tomo gets up and crosses it's arm, looking to the small creature. "Well, what is that thing you killed there? Can we eat it?"

Luci places her hand to her neck, cracking it. She was quite proud of her actions, and the smirk playing on her lips was undeniably visible. "Hmm?" She looked toward the monster corpse, walking over to it and kicking it. She sliced it's arm in half, tossing it to Tomo like it was a frisbee. "I don't know. Have a hand." She suggested casually, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

She was getting hungry herself. Ramen was calling her name. "Can we go home now? Luci whined, pouting.

Tomo licks at the blood seeping out of the hand, and turns away in disgust, throwing it at Luci. "Ew, what the fuck is this? So nasty..." Tomo ignores Luci's statement, but glares at her for a second. "First, as punishment for punching me directly in the fucking face, I think you should scout for more monsters. And tell you what, if you bring me back five monsters, I'll treat you to some top quality ramen made by yours truly!"

Tomo smirks, it's teeth slightly biting it's lips, it's purple eyes burning into Luci.

Animkii poked and prodded at the steel bars that held him in his cage. They treated him as an animal despite his current human form, as if afraid of what he was capable of. Of course, over the course of years, Animkii was able to control his urges, despite being provoked. Only in the most treacherous and violent times will the beast come out. Only when the crowd begins to attack his cage, that there, is when he will transform. However, once out, the monster cannot be control. The beast cannot be subdued. The only thing holding him from the rest of civilization is the steel bars painfully crafted with imprinted sigils that keep him at - how some would say - bay.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Sioux Beast!" Classification wrong. He wasn't Sioux, he was of Ojibwe descent. But it didn't matter now. With ignorance in the air, it's like a classification isn't even relevant anymore. That pained him.

Animkii growled at the crowd, trying to break from his cage - large, clawed hands gripping the bars as if to rip them away. It burned. The sigils were hurting him and there's nothing else to do to stop the pain but to let go.

Humans all around watched and cheered with Animkii, giving his ears a crushing blow. Sound nearly deafening.

I'm picking up on a sound, but where is it coming from? Tomo closes it's eyes, focusing on the sound coming to it's ears. "Luci, I'm gonna need you to shut up for a moment, actually. I hear something. Like... A crowd. Is there any chance that a circus is around here?"

Tomo turns to it's right, seeing the top of a circus tent in the distance. What the hell? Tomo wonders to himself. Tomo begins dashing toward the sound and the tent, the sound growing louder the closer Tomo got to the tent.

Upon reaching the tent a half hour later, Tomo saw a huge cage in the middle, confining a man what looked to be almost a decade older than him, but felt a similar connection. A very beastly connection.

Tomo turned on it's invisibility bracer, and walked up toward the side of the cage, whispering to the man. "Why are you confined to this dwelling, friend?"

Luci was about to give Tomo a piece of her mind. Until he dashed off randomly. She growled, placing her hands over her ears. "So loud! Can I kill 5 monsters if I follow the source of the sound? The world may never know!" Luci might just look like a mad man compared to normal people. She really wanted ramen. And if Tomo was lying....she would shove the dead beasts arm so far down his throat-

"For the ramen." Luci whispered, chasing after Tomo, wherever he went.

Tomo witnessed the change of the man into a beast, a wendigo, and slowly backed away from the cage. The crowd gets louder, cheering. Tomo covers it's ears, and thinks to himself This has got to stop. Hmm... You know, I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to let this thing loose. Tomo unlocks the cage, staying invisible, and runs off to find Luci, warning her about the oncoming danger. "Look Luci. We can go this way, find your monsters. No, let's just get out of here. I'll give you ramen anyway. We just NEED out."

Amikii was startled by the voice, however unable to speak due to his form. The Wendigo was, yes, temporary; however the process of getting back to his normal self was excruciatingly long. And now, that he was free from his cage, Amikii let out a mighty roar as he watched the crowd run in terror. His glowing eyes scanning each person as they ran. He left the bystanders alone, and attacked those who stuck him in the Hell they called a cage. Limb from limb, pieces to pieces. It was the effect of the beast. It was something that was uncontrollable, even for Amikii's brain. Ripping them to shreds was a relief from stress and anger. Soon, he was going to be set free from the shell proclaimed to be the Wendigo.

Soon, not too long after, Amikii began to break down. The painful process going slow as he reached the opening flap of the circus tent. Deed was done, and he'd gotten rid of those who chose to try and eliminate him.

Luci fell to her knees dramatically, trying to catch her breath. It had felt like she had been running around for hours. but no Tomo in sight. She was really bad at chasing cats, after all. Then, abruptly, a wild Tomo appears. (...Really bad Pokemon reference I need to stop...) Luci widens her eyes, even she could sense the change in atmosphere. Her once comical demeanor changed as she looked sternly around. "Wait, what's going on...?" The roar had caught her attention, and part of her wanted to know why.

"Ugh. If you want, I guess we should go back. It may have been bad to release the Wendigo..." Tomo whipped around to go back to Luci, and led her to the tent where the Wendigo was at. Upon arriving at the scene, many people had died already, and the Wendigo lay in the middle of the carnival square, bloodied and tired.

I'd really rather not go near it. "Luci. I'll double your ramen if you go poke that thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back