Literature Reading Challenge

Ninva

Ignorant
Hi Waywardians,

Do you read but not as much as you want? Are you so ADHD that you need some sort of point system to keep yourself motivated each day? Here's my attempt at that system.

Reading is subjective, so we can't make a standardized reading list. But there is an art to reading, and this is how we'll keep points:

1. Keep track of the books you read.

2. Make a progression chart, which will be shown below. Basically, find how many pages you want to read each day of the week, indicate if you have reached each goal during that week. If you do, then you earn +2 extra points. But for each day you read, you earn +1 point.

3. Post a small paragraph summarizing what you've read each week.

4. Make your post as long as you like, show casing all the reading you've done.

5. Make only one post in this thread and update that post as many times as possible.

6. When you complete a book within your reading week, you receive +2 points. You do not have to read a book from front to back to complete it.

Here's what a basic progress chart should look like:

Total Points: 14

1. Currently reading Utopia by Thomas More / Mon: 18 / Tues: 19 / Wed: 20 / Thur: 21 / Fri: 22 / Sat: 23 / Sun: 24 / points: +9 (read seven out of seven days, bonus)

Short Summary:

I really like Thomas More because I hate evil governments.

2. Currently reading Utopia by Thomas More / Mon: 12 / Tues: 13 / Wed: 13 / Thur: 14 / Fri: 15 / Sat: 17 / Sun: 17 / points: +5 (read five out of seven days, no bonus)

Short Summary:

More is with Ralph who tells him about a world called Utopia.

Total Points: 0

1. Currently reading The Chimpanzees of Gombe by Goodall / Mon: 15 - 42 / Tues: 114 -145 / Wed: 357 - 386 / Thur: 409 - 442 / Fri: 488 - 534

Total Points: 0

1. Currently Reading - Catch-22 by Joesph Heller - (Will Post Totals at the end of this Week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back