• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⋆✩ ☆ Reach for the S t a r s - Rules

Polaris.

Creator Of My Own Twisted World
? ????? & ??????????? ?

Order! Order! Read Below.

:)
tumblr_mw7xwd7R3U1t0ukbko1_500.gif

1. This is a l i t e r a t e {high casual - detailed} role play which means no one liners! I'm expecting at least 2-3 paragraphs per post (6+ sentences each post). I understand the occasional writer's block but definitely no one or two liners.

2. Keep OOC drama FREE! If you hate someone's guts and (god knows why but) want to brawl with them online, take it to the PM.

3. No
Mary/Gary Sues. No God-Modding. No Meta-Gaming. And no bunnying (without permission).

4. I do not reserve spots and it is not first come, first serve unless I know and love you {cough cough}. So take your time and get creative!

5. Keep gender ratio even, please! I'll be the last one to make my CS so I'll take whatever that is left. Also if things get too "hot" in here, fade to black. There might be youngling lurking around and we can't ruin their innocence yet!

6. I am expecting
at least 2 posts a week , hopefully more but if not, I totally get it. Everyone is busy but if you DON'T let me know and P O O F for a 5-7 days, by the power vested in me as a wonderful GM, I will boot and replace you. Then I'll use your character's death as a way to bring everyone together and mourn so please, don't disappear on me. If you want to withdraw, just let me know.

7. I'm completely open to ideas and crazy drama but run it by me before you dash off with your crazy stalker ex-boyfriend, etc. You get what I mean.

8. Have fun! And to let me know that you read all my lovely rules, please post down below what idea you have for this role play. This is a group role play and we all need to pitch in ideas for dramas and such. I can't be the only brainiac around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the band shooting a music video for a new single or something? I can only imagine the sort of crazy mishaps they're going to get into, haha.

Completely love both ideas. <3 Thanks guys, they will be put into good use! Imagine if one of the bandmates gave a customer food poisoning, LOL. This calls for a law suit.

Heyy hey heyyyy~ they could perform at a theme park owo it would be fun~ plus, they would be able to go on rides for free aaand could cause some sweet, sweet DRAAAMAAA

-Vanishes in a puff of smoke-

I would love to see some drama with branding and public image.

As in, "no, you have to have mutton chops all the time, how else are they going to recognize you if you don't have them? The mutton chops, sell, man, just trust me on this."

Or "hey, walk around with this awesome zero calorie protein-banana-kale-tomato drink. Need to make our sponsors happy! What, it tastes awful? ...Well, work can't be all fun, can it."

**DISCLAIMER: These examples probably shouldn't actually happen.

Hey, this is probably a really stupid idea, but I just thought of this random situation where one of the band members (probably someone who owes the manager a favor or something like that) is asked to get a spray tan for the sake of the show. ("Cause what do all reality tv shows have in common? Someone with a spray tan. A really bright, effing orange one.") It could probably be because of a dare or something too, or someone loses a bet. But I'm mostly kidding, lol. I'm just up for the funny stuff ^^

Or actually, what about a food fight? I don't mean with the hot coffee though, lol, that would be horrifying. But don't they usually sell other stuff like frappuccinos and stuff with whipped cream on them? What if someone was having a really bad day and one of the other members accidentally spilled some cold coffee on them. Chaos ensues, and voila! A classic, lol. I also really like the whole product placement idea!

Okay, sorry but not sorry for this incredibly odd idea but I just imagine them all skinny dipping and being uncomfortable as hell while doing it yet still trying to look like they're having fun xD

Well, I'm not one for ideas but here's my pitch:

Maybe we can have one {or two} of the members secretly taking pictures of their band mates and posting them anonymously on the Internet, only to have it fuel fanfictions/shipping {that secret member might be interested in}{does this still exist?}, hate {which they might want to cause} or scandals.

{I personally think that said secret member wanted to do this for fun and meant no harm to the band}

Or.

Lead Singer lost her voice, is sick {with vocal side-effects}, and needs to sit out one of their performances. One of the band mates replaces her {in request of the Lead Singer or voluntarily, because the show must go on!} for the show. When Lead Singer recovers, she discovers that the fans preferred the replacement better. Drama happens, in which Lead Singer is in risk of losing her spot in the band. She now needs to rebuild and regain her fan base to stay.

{Might not happen. Lead Singer may not be happy. But I'm okay if I have to modify this.}

Or.

The band could do a little interaction with the fans. A competition was established and a fan was picked to spend a week with them.

{The fan could play favorites and annoy the band or the fan could sabotage them.}

Or.

The band came up with a new song but lacks the proper vocals to go with it {This may offend Miss Lead Singer}. Manager says: "I can fix this! We could do a collab with another band. It'll definitely show that we're fine as being friendly competition than straight out rivalries! One sec!" So they got another band or singer {friendly or other}. Romance could happen.

{I fear this one wouldn't work so well because that means someone has to play the npcs but if the gm's wants to use it, I guess I could help out.}

Or.

All of the above.

There you go. I really hope my ideas helps creating drama. I might add more if anything else strikes me. I definitely like the ones posted before me though. They're most fun while mine is dramatically big and large, probably taking up a huge arc.

(*U*) Ah! I'm so hyped!

Two of the band members could hook up and boom! Pregnancy scare. It could cause a little tension within the band etc, etc :P

Maybe create a rival band of some sort - you know, competition and the like. Could have a few random NPC'd encounters with them and how it plays out. Anything ranging from generic-band-member-rival nr 2 trying to discourage the band as a whole right before an important performance to just happening to meet at a cafe and talking. Could go for better or worse.

I dunno', I'm about as creative as rocks on sand.

Some good old bandmate pregnancy would be a nice twist for a change...we'll see.

What if one member of the band just loses it, like a complete Britney meets Miley wrapped with Amanda scenario. Maybe in a much deeper manner.

Or, the band could always get fed up with Nova.

@ - @ I almost forgot about this, so I need to reply now before I forget again haha. Rather unfortunately, my ideas are absolute shit right now and I probably won't be able to scrape up a decent one in time. However, it's something I'll be thinking about for sure.

I believe you mentioned it somewhere and ShyEra was starting to get into it, but I love the idea of a rival band. I'm thinking they could be a group that's just starting up and rapidly gaining popularity. After a while, bands get to be "old news" so maybe our band is starting to stagnate while this new band is taking on a completely new and by that I mean what would right now be underground af genre that's all "hip with the in." They could be a bit of an omnipresent force, but maybe they later turn out to also be contracted for that reality TV show in some way.

Like I said, I'll think about it because these ideas are the pits rn.

@AlwaysYours

I VOLUNTEER FOR DANTE TO GO COMPELTELY BRITNEY SPEARS/AMANDA BYNES CRAZY AT SOME POINT.

I mean, c'mon, he's already halfway there.

Also, for the sake of angst, maybe their popularity starts to drop A LOT for a little while, and see how each of them reacts to being "nobody" again.

And then maybe they hone those feelings to make a completely ground-breaking record that puts them back on top?

Also, don't judge me but I really like the skinny-dipping idea.

Ugh sorry. When I made my form, the rules weren't up yet. Anyways, I'm thinking of a meet and greet? But with some crazy fans.

[QUOTE="Of the Red]
He's fluent in flexing his muscles though

[/QUOTE]
Gustavo must wear Ed Hardy.

Also, I was thinking that a little belligerent sexual tension between band-mates would't hurt. My characters personally lean toward being attracted to men (though Erik would be open to making a connection with any band-mate if it is meaningful). If anyone is interested around the time the characters are accepted, I am pretty open to playing this one out personally. That being said, it means our characters would argue about every little thing and act gushy in a lightheartedly mean way.

Just my thoughts.

Personally, I'd rather see any sort of romantic relationships/feelings get played out naturally, rather than having things set up. There isn't enough puppy love in roleplays and I don't think I've EVER seen a couple break up in a roleplay for more than a day. Then again, this group is supposed to have known each other for three years... bleh.

I like organic relationships as well, but the point is that they have "known" each other for years. Honestly, they should know a great deal more about each other than anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back