• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Ravagers; (Extremely Messy and Long, written in 24 hours)

Catnip

This was a story created by a friend and I based off of Tokyo Ghoul; the goal was to create a complex storyline and write it out within twenty-four hours (On google docs). I don't expect anyone to read this, but if you do, all the power to ya.

---

It all began when the children of the elementary school had gone missing, at first they began as simple disappearances; months at a time would pass by and the parents would mourn and grieve, until one day...

“Oni-chan!, come down from your room, breakfast is ready.”

“Coming.”

The morning dew wafted through the open window, the sky was especially dark today. I recalled the midnight news talking about how there were going to be re-occurring storms all week.

“Agh.. Oni-chan, you’ve been waking up late all week, I’m surprised you haven’t come home with late notices.”

“Aki-chan, don’t worry, I’m just out of it, probably because of the rain.”

“Hmm.. Alright, take care of yourself more, idiot.”

Shiro nodded with a fond smile and ruffled at Akiko’s hair, turning on the television while serving his breakfast; eggs and bacon.

News Anchor 1, Julie Veress: “ The police force has officially identified these hybrid beings as ‘Ravagers’, as of right now their intent is unclear...”

“Hnn.. Oni-chan, the news has been scary lately, Turn it off!” Akiko whined.

News Anchor 2, Umi Utau: “ I think the question on everyones mind, Julie, is how long these atrocious creatures have been living--

The Tv was turned off by Akiko.

“Aki-chan.. I was watching that.”

“But the news has been scary.. They even cancelled my school because of what’s been going on..”

“I know.. I’m sorry but I’m just curious about what’s been going on and ever since .. Anya-chan went missing..”

Akiko’s face downcasted and her eyes shimmered with erupting tears.

“Aki.. You know I didn’t ..”

“Mm!” Akiko shook her head and smiled fondly, slapping her cheeks in one big smack, startling her brother. “The police will find them. I’m sure of it. They’ll bring Anya-chan home.”

The doorbell rang and echoed throughout Shiro and Akiko’s small apartment. Shiro began to set down his silverware when Akiko stopped him.

“ I got it, Oni-Chan!” Akiko chimed in, getting up from her seat and wandering over to the door where she patted down at her ruffled dress and wiped her hands on the apron, opening the door.

“ Oh’ hey, Aki-chan, is Shiro actually up for once?” Hataru mused, letting out a soft chuckle and leaning to the left to look past Akiko and into the apartment.

“Mm! He just woke up, He’s eating breakfest, would you like some?” Akiko smiled, stepping aside.

“ Uhh… No that’s alright.” Hataru faked a sincere smile, and entered, waving to Shiro.

“Yo’ Hataru, Breakfest?” Shiro grinned and Hataru faked a gag behind Akiko’s frame.

“Nope, I’m good. Ready for school?”

“Yup.. Akiko, I’m off.” Shiro announced setting his plate down in the sink and rushing over to reach his school bag and planting a quick kiss on Akiko’s head. “Lock the doors, Be safe.”

“I should be telling you that, Oni-chan. Take care.”

-

“ We gotta make a stop on our way, hope that’s okay.” Hataru irritably sighed, shuffling his feet and kicking at the grass.

Shiro nodded and lifted his school bag on his shoulder. “Yeah, Where to?”

“ Kyoko insist that we start picking her up on the way.” Hataru said, looking to Shiro for his approval.

Shiro scowled “Why?”

“ She wants to, well.. I guess, be apart of our friend-group.” Hataru urged

“I see.. Alright. Whatever.” Shiro practically grumbled.

“Shiro, you’re scowling and we’re already here.” The two had reached Kyoko’s house.

Kyoko walked out of her house her mother shutting the door behind her. She struggled down the steps, carrying a multitude of bags.

Shiro was quick to nudge Hataru at his struggling girlfriend, leaving him to jerk forward and quick to carry her bags. Shiro snorted.

“Not funny..” Hataru whispered.

“ Thank you, Hataru-kun…” her gaze quickly changed focus “ Shiro, I heard about your sleeping troubles. My family owns many clocks, if you need to borrow one.” Kyoko gave a sly smirk, and then walked ahead pulling Hataru along.

Kyoko had come from american descendants although lived in Japan for economic and business purposes. She had first confessed to Hataru one afternoon when Shiro and him had gotten out of P.E. Shiro had gone to shower and Hataru had been changing. Upon walking out of the fitting room, Kyoko approached him with a flushed face and asked if he would go out with her. Hataru never having a girlfriend before was shocked and stumbling over his words. Shiro over watching this whole scene had walked over and wrapped one long arm around Hataru and said “Of course, he’ll go out with you.”

Unfortunately, that was his first mistake.

Shiro sighed as he walked silent behind the two lovers, Kyoko doing most of the talking about how she would be having a huge birthday party and that Hataru was obviously invited, not once mentioning Shiro.

“Shiro and I, would love to go.” Hataru smiled sheepishly, turning back to look at Shiro who in turn made a shit-eating grin.

“Of course, I would. Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Shiro mused.

Kyoko kept silent momentarily and then continued “ Yes well, as you MAY of heard, Shiro. All of the attendees are expected to bring a date.”

“A date.. That’s fine, I’ll bring Hataru as my date.” Shiro gave a toothy-grin. Hataru throwing up his thumbs up behind his back.

Kyoko merely turned around and gave a stern look at Hataru, and then walked a bit faster, separating herself from the two.

“I hope this ends soon..” Shiro whispered as he looked up towards the grey-ed skies.

SCENE END 1

---

SCENE INT 2

The bell to lunch had rung and Shiro’s mind had still been lost by the view out of the window, the clouds hadn’t moved from their morning position and the sun hadn’t once slipped out.

The Lunch Bell Rang, many students quickly exited.

“Yo’ Shiro, ready for lunch?”

“Yeah. Wanna eat outside?” Shiro commented with dazed eyes and stretching arms.

“Sure .. Um..” Hataru paused, almost fidgeting. He looked to the door-frame, after all the students cleared-out, Kyoko stood waiting.

“Oh no..” Shiro practically whined, dropping his arms on his desk and slamming his temple onto the window.

“Just this time. Promise.. She just wanted to spend time with me..”

“Yeah, O’kay, let’s go.” Hataru kept fidgeting. Shiro paused. “What now.”

“Um.. Just .. Her and me..”

“...No.” Shiro stood up and walked passed Hataru.

“Shiro!” Hataru grabbed at his forearm.

“She’s been doing this for a while now, You’re suppose to be “going on dates” Not “actually “dating”, Jeez. I feel like a third wheel.” Practically snarled as he leaned into Hataru’s personal space, trying to keep his voice low.

“Hm.. I ..” Hataru looked back towards Kyoko, feigning a smile and looking back at Shiro, only to end up noticing their close proximity and resulted in his face to fluster.

Kyoko grew impatient and stormed off to lunch, leaving the two to themselves, once again. Hataru knew that this wasn’t going to end well, Kyoko always got what she wanted. Always.

“Alright.. Fine, Just go after her.” Shiro whispered looking back at the fidgeting Hataru and nodded, his eyes saying more than he could possibly speak. ‘Thank you’.

Shiro hadn’t eaten that day. His eyes had still been on the dark skies that brooded over the small town. School had ended slow-paced with Shiro walking over to Hataru’s class to pick him up. His eyes scanning the room first for any possible incoming enemies-Kyoko- before he stepped inside and wandered over to Hataru.

Everybody in the class had already scurried away.

“Ready to go?” Shiro startled Hataru out of his packing, His cheeks flustered pink and his eyes downcasting.

“Oh god.. Don’t tell me--”

“She kissed me.” Hataru whispered.

Shiro stayed silent for a moment before his eyes grew like cat eyes and stared at Hataru as if he were a God.

“She.. kissed .. you..?” Shiro repeated his voice low and now looking back towards the door of the classroom obviously in phase one of avoiding.

“Mm.” Hataru practically smiled, probably unsure of what face to show Shiro.

“We need to go before you become infected with the “lovebug”.” Shiro urged now grabbed at Hataru’s bags and books and wrapping an arm around his forearm and dragging him out of the class.

“..O-Oi..”

SCENE 2 END.

---

SCENE 3 INT.

Eviction. The note was taped onto the front door of Shiro’s apartment. He didn’t understand, the bills were paid.

“ Oni-Chan, Kyoko and her dad stopped by today!” Akiko said happily, naive to the situation and the eviction notice.

The comment of Kyoko and her father stopping by had Shiro’s blood boiling. He knew he couldn’t tell Akiko about the eviction notice nor could he tell Hataru of his girlfriend’s antics. Who knows what she and her father were capable of. The thought of him and his sister having to find a new home while their parents were overseas had him pissed. He was suppose to take care of his sister and yet over something as simple a stupid relationship crisis and he was being forced out of his own home.

“ Why don’t you go get started on dinner, Aki-chan?” Shiro smiled, his anger wasn’t something Akiko needed to see or understand.

He needed to figure out a way to either speak with the landlord or find a new place.. Fast. Better yet, find a place to stay with.

Shiro grinned.

-

“Hey, Hataru.” Shiro spoke up when the call connected.

“What’s up?”

“Do you mind if I stay over at your house for a couple of weeks?”

“Yeah sure, I’ll tell my mom, you know you’re always welcomed.”

“Thanks, Can Aki-chan come over too?”

“Yeah, I figured, since it’s just the two of you.”

“Hmm..” Shiro mused over Hataru’s nativity.

“What?”

“Nothing, I just think you’re cute sometimes, Thanks Hataru, you’re the best.”

“..O-Oi!”

Click.

---

The party had begun and Shiro had walked over to Hataru’s. It was getting late but Hataru was still stuck in his closet while Shiro laid back on the latter’s bed, playing on the game console.

“Hurry up and pick something, or let’s just play video games.”

“Shiro, you’re not exactly helping..You know how she gets.” Hataru practically whined as he threw something out of the way that hit Shiro straight in the face.

“Good thing, I told Akiko I would come and pick her up the second we were done with you because .. You’re worse than she is when she’s picking out an outfit. Jeez if I didn’t know any better I’d take you for a woman.” Hataru rolled his eyes and continued rummaging through the loose unfolded clothing.

“ Kyoko buys me stuff, and then tells me she hates it. My closet is full of traps.”

“Then better idea, Nice shirt and sweater, or jacket. Get some jeans and you’re fine.” Shiro mummbled as he smashed one of the buttons of the controller.

“ She will cry. She will literally cry, if I don’t come dressed how she wants.” Hataru panicked, more forcefully searching through clothes. “ Oh Hataru! You Ruined my Birthday!” he mimicked.

“Let the bi- Erm..” Shiro sat up and rubbed a frustrated hand through his hair. “O’kay. What exactly did she want you to wear..”

“ She told me to match what she would wear, but I forgot what she said she was going to wear.”

“You’re hopeless. You’re utterly hopeless. Match with Aki-chan and me, then. We’re going casual. Either you pick something in the next 5 minutes or I ditch you for videogames and you can go to her party by yourself.” Shiro scolded.

Hataru paused, and then grabbed shiro forcing him into the closet and shutting it. “ You pick! I don’t want to! You can come out of the closet, when you have something!”

Shiro being forcefully snatched up from his game had him stagger over the cord and falling face first into the closet. “Hataru!” Shiro practically growled.

Hataru held the closet doors tightly together, the force of the commotion had caused the clothes on the top shelf to fall and collapse on Shiro.

“..Ugh..” Shiro whined under the clothes. “I swear .. If there are undergarments on my head I will hurt yo--” Shiro rolled over onto his back, sitting up, cross-legged.

“ Wait, I found it!” he said as he opened the door and grabbed the collar shirt on the top of the pile. Hataru raced out of the room and into the bathroom where he locked the door, hiding from Shiro’s wrath and getting dressed.

---

“Alright, let’s pick up Aki-chan and let’s go.” Shiro finally said, as he walked out of the house first.

When they arrived at Shiro’s house, something seemed off. The lights to the streets were off and the evening chill suddenly seemed colder than usual and it wasn’t until his house was into view that he noticed the door was left wide open, Shiro’s stomach sunk.

“..Shiro…” was all Hataru had to say before Shiro had already made a dash towards his house and ran past the door.

“Akiko!” Shiro screamed, frantic in his pace he ran up the stairs practically tripping over the last step and noticed the scattered objects. There was a struggle.. “A..Akiko..” He whispered, his steps now more hesitant as he walked towards her room, gently parting the door open and noticing the disheveled bed and drawers, her favorite pink lamp that she begged father for had been shattered by the bulb, her room was destroyed. Shiro was remotely quiet, staggering back in his steps and wandering over towards his room where he found his bed ripped apart by the mattress and his books all torn apart. Were they looking for something..?

Hataru wasted no time and was on his phone with the authorities, now stepping into the debris covered house.“ Shiro? Are you okay?” Hataru questioned with worry.

“..” Shiro walked over to Hataru where he had set the phone down on the counter and kept his head low and spoke hoarsely. “.. She’s gone..”

“ Shiro, we just need to get help, we’ll find her. Pick up the phone.”

“She’s .. gone.. Hataru.. She’s gone.” Shiro whispered the last part. “I shouldn’t.. I shouldn’t have … Left her on her own..” His voice cracked.

“ Shiro, this is not your fault. Don’t let yourself take the blame for this, this is those damn Ravagers.” Hataru eased, placing a concerning hand on Shiro’s head and pulling him into his embrace.

“... She’s gone.. I lost her..” Shiro whispered, his voice croaking out as he teared up.

Mumbles came from the phone on the counter “Hello? Do you guys need an officer out there?” Shiro catching the noise, had picked up the phone

“ There was a mistake, there’s no problem off--.” Shiro started but was intervened by Hataru, who had taken the phone.

Hataru looked to Shiro, before he said anything else.. It was clear, this was what he wanted. “ I..It, it was a joke officer. We apologize.”

“ There are lives on the line! And you-

Beep. ‘Call ended.’

-

“What do you plan to do, Shiro..” Hataru whispered in the dark silence of the living room. The only light emanating from the small spreads of the closed curtains.

“I’m going to get her back.” Shiro murmured.

“H-..How.” Hataru whispered, obviously worried if he spoke up, Shiro might yell.

“I’ll get her back..” Shiro repeated.

Hataru remained silent for a moment his eyes lowering towards the eviction notice below the coffee table, his eyes lifting up towards Shiro who had been staring at for a while now had said nothing and Hataru nodded and soon was disrupted, noticing the vibration in his pocket he looked over to see who it was.

“ Call from, Kyoko.”

“Answer the bitch.” Shiro snarled.

“Shi-”

“Answer her!”

Hataru fumbled with the phone and flipped it open, “..H-hello?!”

“ Where the hell are you! The party is over! I can’t believe you stood me up! On my birthday? Really?”

“Now is not a good time.. Kyoko..-”

“No, This is a perfect time, because you stood me up on my f-”

Shiro had grabbed at the phone before Hataru could hear and lifted his phone to his ear and in his best voice he could muster. “We’re breaking up.” Click. Anger.

Hataru stayed silent and his cheeks burned. “Why.. Would you…”

“Because she’s a leech who abuses her relationship with you and tries to tear us apart.” Shiro murmured.

“That’s for me to decide .. not fo-”

“For what? For me to decide? I did it to protect the only person I have left.”

Hataru lowered his gaze and nodded, wrapping an arm around Shiro and whispering. “Will get her back.. I promise.”

The phone rang again.

Shiro mused now, his lips curled into a smile as he rested his head tiredly on Hataru. “You seem to be popular today..”

“Call from, Akiko.” Shiro shot his head up and picked up the phone.

“Akiko?! Where are you?!”

“ Akiko is .. problem, I fix.. problem.” an unfamiliar voice hoarsely whispered.

“..Who.. Who is this..” Shiro whispered his eyes stinging with tears and standing up to walk out the door with Hataru in tow asking the obvious question.

“Where are you..?” Hataru whispered but was cut off by Shiro’s waving hand of dismissal.

“ Now, now.. we are together.” The voice now identifying as the tone of a woman.

“Where’s … Akiko. What do you want..” Shiro tried.

Click.

-

It had been a two weeks now since the apartment was evicted. Shiro had been staying at Hataru’s for the past few days now and had missed class since the disappearance of his sister. Kyoko had stopped speaking to Hataru and Hataru had by long avoided her for the sake of keeping Shiro’s sanity.

“Shiro, I brought you more homework..” Hataru sighed as he walked into his room, faced with a sleeping Shiro curled up beneath large comforters. “First time you’ve slept in days..” Hataru mused.

The months of winter had begun and the morning chills were torturous, but it didn’t stop Shiro from disappearing most mornings. Hataru would go to school and sometimes come back to an empty room. Some nights Shiro would arrive home late and leave Hataru wondering where he’d been all day. Most days he would come home looking almost sore and it wasn’t until ..

“Shiro, You can go ahead and shower first.” Hataru said as he sat down by his desk and typed away at a report he had to finish.

“Kay.” Shiro said lifting up from the bed and walking into the bathroom.

The house was always quiet and it was especially quiet now that Shiro was no longer his cheerful self. His hair had grown out a bit and his eyes seemed dark in expression, he rarely spoke unless he needed too.

“Shiro, I forgot my ph-” Hataru froze the moment he saw Shiro’s back, bruised and abused with markings and sores that were ripped open followed by scattered flesh wounds that seemed almost repetitive that correlated down his spine.

“..” There was a pause.

“Where do you go during the day.. Shiro.” Hataru tried, stepping into the bathroom and locking the door behind him.

“None of your concern.” Shiro warned, his head low and facing away from Hataru who seemed more concerned for his friend’s emotional state than his physical state.

“If it’s none of my concern then why did I even let you sleep in my bed or stay at my house..?”

“I’ll leave by tonight..”

“That’s not what I’m even getting at, what your doing isn’t right. Your body is mangled and looks like someone has been torturing you.. Why would you do this to yourself? Is this what Akiko would want? To see you in this state?” Hataru stepped further. “You don’t have to be so alone .. I’m sti-”

“ Hataru, Shiro, come to the living room! Something’s on the TV.” his mother shouted

Hataru stopped and slowly backed away. Shiro lifted his head and reached for his shirt, slipping it on and walking past Hataru who fell back onto his ass and pressed his back against the door frame. Burying his face in his knees. How did he let this slip by him so easily..

“ News Anchor 1, Julie Veress: “ In ravager news; a persecutor that the police had been chasing for awhile, was found dead and brought into custody four days ago. The body has been identified as Vilia Ivan of the Akihabara district. This could be a new step towards learning about this species, and how to defend yourself from it.”

“News Anchor 2, Umi Utau: “ Word has it, that Vilia transferred here due to educational purposes from another country that has yet to be identified, she was said to of been living off income-based housing. Five people have been taken into questioning.”

“ News Anchor 1, Julie Veress: “ Local Tokyo Resident, Sakura Kimi, says that she prevents attacks of ravagers by hanging religious symbols in her homes. As of right now, i’m willing to try anything to get keep these monstr-

The power was cut off.

“ Oh no.. I’m sorry Shiro, well at-least you heard the.. non-superficial part.” she awkwardly laughed, and stood from her recliner exiting from the room.

“Thanks.” He managed a smile.

-

The next morning was the same as usual. Hataru had woken up early and found Shiro sleeping beside him, facing away.

The phone vibrated, lifting Hataru from his lazed position to reach the phone, flipping it open and staring at the text.

New Message from Akiko

5:46AM

“You wish to meet, no?”

Hataru froze and closed the phone, returning it back to the bedside and slowly turned on his side to face Shiro who had still been sleeping. His breathing kept slow and jagged almost. Hataru’s hand had slipped beneath the sheets and almost carefully had lifted his shirt to catch another glimpse of his tarted skin.

“Shiro..” He whispered in awe.

“You always had a way of watching me.” Shiro whispered, scaring Hataru from the hold on his shirt and having him slip back almost hitting the edge of the bedside but was caught by Shiro pulling him back and having Hataru land on his chest, scrambling to get off due to the bruises he possibly had.

“Sh-Shut up.. I was just curious.. About your.. Well you know.”

“I know..” Shiro sighed, running a hand across his head and pulling Hataru’s forehead to his.

“Tell me, I’ll get her back..”

“..” Hataru lowered his gaze and kept it fixated on the neckline of his shirt. “Shiro.. There’s-”

“Maaaan…”

“Hm..?”

“Sometimes, I forget how cute you are.” Shiro grinned. Leaving Hataru to blush furiously and pulling away from him, his cheeks burning and sitting up.

“Shiro... “

“You know, I love ya’.”

“Ugh..”

“Let’s go get breakfast.”

-

The boys were greeted with a familiar figure as they entered the kitchen.

“Hataru.. Shiro.” a voice spoke up.

“K-kyoko?”

“Oh great the bitch is in the house.” Shiro grumbled and Hataru, quickly ran behind Shiro who had both decided to walk downstairs in undergarments, taking the opportunity since they were left alone last night over Hataru’s parents going away for a while overseas.

Kyoko was irritated, but continued, “ They found your sister.”

“What..” Shiro whispered, jumping the last remaining steps and landing in front of Kyoko.

“ I heard my dad talking.. they found her, but it’s.. not public yet. You have to, you need-.. keep this between us.”

“.. I just want my sister, you can keep whatever the fuck you want. Now tell me before I decide to take you hostage myself.” Shiro growled and Hataru quickly grabbed ahold of Shiro’s arm almost prepared to pull Shiro back.

“ I didn’t have to fucking come here, consider it an act of kindness.”

“What Shiro is trying to say.. Is that he’s thankful for you coming here to tell us.” Hataru tried, now stepping infront of Shiro who had by now wrapped an arm around Hataru and practically begun to make faces at Kyoko.

“He doesn’t seem to be very thankful.” Kyoko snarled.

“OH...He is.. Right, Shiro” Hataru turned to him almost 180.

“ Look, I don’t have a sister, but I get what you’re going through.. I think I can take you to her.”

-

Kyoko stopped, Hataru and Shiro not far behind. They stood before a warehouse, it was abandoned with wide-spread graffiti that plagued the building like a second skin. Kyoko stepped forward and gripped the handle that adorned the enormous metal door. She began to pry it open with force, Hataru mimicked her and opened the right.

The three made their entrance inside, Kyoko in the front. They were greeted with the distinctive odor of dust and rodents. Hataru stood closer than usual to Shiro as they walked further and further through the metal chasm. Both of their faces were stricken with disgust, fear and worry.

“ Shiro, we should turn around.” Hataru whispered softly, only loud enough for the two of them to hear. There was no response. The last shed of light coming from the open warehouse doors was at its end.

With darkness, the Warehouse had become notably more eerie. The three could no longer see each-other, their vision shrouded with black. Hataru didn't want to lose Shiro in the Abyss, reaching down he grabbed Shiro's hand. The contact seemed to of awakened Shiro from his daze.

“ Akiko!? Are you here?” Shiro called out, but there was no answer. Everything seemed much quieter, even Kyoko's footsteps had ceased.

“ Ooooooh Oni-Chan! ” a voice said from above,

From behind Shiro and Hataru, a loud bang resonated. Somebody shut the doors, they weren't alone. “ That’s Kyoko.”

On the second level of the warehouse, a single light flickered. It stabilized, revealing a tall-man and Kyoko.

“ Boys, how I dread the circumstances we meet on.” the man said, more lights beginning to turn on within the warehouse. “You see, my daughter had one request for her birthday this year. Not that you two would know, since neither of you attended.”

“ M-mr. Utau?” Hataru choked

“Her one request, was to eliminate the 'third wheel' from her relationship.”

“ ..Told ya' I was the third wheel.” coughed Shiro, who had still managed to maintain his humor in the worst of situations.

“ But, Mr.Utau.. we aren’t even together anymore.” Hataru said with unease.

“ I am aware, That’s why I’ve come to give you an offer, either you apologize and return to my daughter's side or I let my men get rid of both of you.”

“If I get back with your daughter then do we both get to leave with our lives?”

“No, but I’ll show Shiro to a kinder death.”

“Maaan… Fuck that.” Shiro groaned.

Hataru looked to Shiro for guidance, but his choice was clear.

“ It’s for the best Hataru.” Shiro nudged

“ I would rather die at the side of my best friend, then spend my life with your.. your tramp of a daughter.” .. Shiro placed his hands on Hataru’s shoulders and shook him vigorously. “ Are you out of your damn mind!?!” shiro snapped.

Kyoko leaned over the rail. “ You ungrateful little shit! I gave you everything!” shouting vulgarly, her father looked rather disappointed. He pulled her back to his side, and patted her head.

“Daddy, can we introduce them to Jin and Gin?” Kyoko practically begged, twirling a strand of her bleach blonde hair around her finger.

“ Of course, darling.” Mr Utau fondly smiled. “Jin, Gin. Come.” Mr. Utau was quick with a clap of his hands and announcing the identical duo into the room. “Boys.” Mr. Utau practically gleamed with his News anchor voice “Meet the ravager twins. Jin and Gin, they’re speciality is manipulation of nerves, they have a way of digging beneath your skin, making you feel as if you were on cloud nine or as if you were boiling within the depths of the deepest level of hell.”

“Aren’t they charmers..” Shiro whispered, Hataru anxiously standing beside him.

“ Brother, perhaps they are related too..” Gin questioned, quietly walking behind his brother.

“ Nah, they’re just gay.” Jin quickly disputed, scratching his head.

“ But I thought the skitzy one was with Kyoko..?” Gin continued

“ Details, details.”

“Hey! We’re not gay!” Shiro yelled.

“We’re not?!” Hataru questioned shellshocked.

“... Oh what.” Shiro turned towards Hataru shocked. “... Yo-”

Slam.

“Chit-chatting can get you killed.” Jin grinned as he lifted his foot off Shiro’s side temple.

“Shiro!” Hataru quickly rushed over attempting to shove Jin but not managing to move him even an inch. “ The gay one is trying to feel me up, brother.”

“So I’ve noticed.. Should we tell them of our own relationship?” Gin responded with a grin, sauntering over and grabbing ahold of Hataru with a lift his shirt.

“Le-Let .. Him …..Go!” Shiro managed a strangled scream from beneath Jin.

“Oh wow.. He actually survived that hit..” Jin looked over towards Gin. “He must be stronger than he looks..”

“ You know what they say brother, It pays to be punctual.” Gin throwing Hataru back onto the concrete floor and walking toward a struggling Shiro. He lifted his foot and brought it down onto Shiro’s face; repetitively.”

“Hm.. Does it now.” Jin grinned and tilted his head down to Shiro who had been repeatedly abused. Lifting Shiro by his loose dirty strands of black hairs.

“ Are you dead? Come on, I’m not done.” Gin teased, giving one last kick to Shiro’s cheekbone, hearing a crack.

“Shiro!!” Hataru rushed over to Gin where he threw his first punch towards the large oppressor, only to injure his own hand and get stopped by a large palm.

“You’re almost cute, but the screams are annoying.” Jin spoke up from behind Gin who had stopped Hataru’s pathetic hit and threw the boy back 5 feet back.

“ Aren’t you a bit old to be bullying.. kids.” Shiro choked. Struggling to lift to his knees but huddled over and puked.

“Shi-” Hataru was slapped by Gin.

“Thank you.” Jin commented jerking back Shiro after his mess.

“M’hm.”

“Don’t you look like shit..” Jin chuckled huskily under his breath into Shiro’s ear, sending bone-shaking chills.

“Your breath stinks..” Shiro laughed hoarsely only to result in him getting thrown face first into the concrete.

Hataru staggered forward, walking slowly past Gin and placing a determined hand on Jin.

“What now?” Jin looked over to notice a bloody and bruised Hataru.

“ L-leave him.. be.” Hataru whimpered, his frail body practically stumbling over itself.

“ You need to be put in your place, kid. Both of you do.” Jin threatened, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a switch-blade.

Shiro’s body laid limp without a motion or a breath, he was tired and beaten. His vision blurred and his ears heard nothing but mourning slurs of people he knew nothing of and cared for nothing but one.

---

“ I’m dying.. Hataru needs me, he’s counting on me.. I’m his only hope.”

“ Why so tense? Relax..” another voice comforted,

“ Who? Who are you?” Shiro questioned, this reality seemingly false.

“ Such stupid questions.” the voice responded “ I’ve been trying to contact you for awhile, though your body couldn’t endure the communication. When I managed to establish contact, and you’re about to die.”

“ Please, please, help me.” Shiro begged

“ Is that what you seek? Guidance? Are you willing to pay the price?

“ Any price! I beg of you, I don’t care what happens to me, just save Hataru.”

---

Shiro rose slow from his position, Jin and Gin pausing to looking over from their own shared beating of a coughing and choking Hataru.

“Well you look at that, he’s still ali-” Jin’s face had been sliced in half, the blood of his open wound spurting out and covering both a shellshocked Gin and unconscious Hataru who laid silently curled up beneath both.

“..Wh-What.. The Fuck!” Gin yelled, his left eye transitioning to a yellow hue followed by the motion of Shiro’s blood beginning to accelerate through his veins but wasn’t quick enough before Shiro’s own left eye glowed a burning red.

“ Your eye.. y-you’re a ravager!? Gin panicked, falling backwards onto the floor.

“ Shiro..?”

“Yes.” Was all Shiro had murmured before Gin had been sliced in two, his head being decapitated and his legs being stripped from beneath him.

The room was silent. Blood shrouded the tiled floor.

“Someone cares about you enough to actually save you.. Tis’ a pity that it was me, who had to do it.” Shiro murmured walking over to Hataru who had been struggling with each new breath he had intaked. Shrugging off a couple of loose strands from his face and admiring the boy’s face. “I wonder what he sees in you..”

“..Shi...ro..”

“..It’s time to go home Hataru.” Shiro whispered, lifting him from the ground and carrying him home.

“Safe to say, for once, Kyoko didn’t get what she wanted.”

“Yeah, but now we have to kill her.”

“We can’t .. Hata-”

“Wants her as dead as we do.”

Hataru's bedroom door crashed into the wall with a bang, Mrs. Yoshida walking into the room. Shiro was so startled by the commotion, he fell out of Hataru's bed onto his ass. “M-Mrs Yoshida!”

“I'm so relieved, you're both alright! I got back and there was blood throughout the house, I thought a ravager attacked” she said gratefully, her eyes began to water.

“ We're fine, just..startled, Mrs. Yoshida.” Shiro affirmed, examining Hataru who managed to fall back asleep despite commotion his mother was making. “I thought you. Ya'know, were taking that trip to the Asakusa?”

"They briefly aren't allowing individuals to enter or leave the Akihabara District, as a consequence of the Ravager Investigation." she said, giving Shiro a faint smile.

“ Oh. Okay.”

Mrs. Yoshida's friendly demeanor quickly changed “Where's the blood from, Shiro?”

“…”

“Don't lie to me.”

“The blood..” Shiro choked and turned away.

“Shiro.. answer me.” she reiterated, placing her hand underneath his chin, and turning his head to look back at her as if he was her own child.

" Fine, the fact of the matter is... Hataru and I got into a fight, with one another."

Mrs.Yoshida was dumbfounded. “Huh?”

“ We got into the alcohol cabinet, got a little'drunk, and ended up fighting over nonsense.”

“I see, shame on both of you. I'm going to go clean up..”

---

The night had come quick and Shiro had been laying back against the sheets of Hataru’s bed, he turned over to glance at Hataru who hadn’t woke up since they got back.

“Who are you…?” Shiro questioned, though his words weren't directed to Hataru but to the other who helped him. His eyes wandering over to Hataru’s loose dampen strands of sweat.

‘Nightmares?’

“You.”

Shiro shot up from his laying position, looking around.’Who.. said that..?’

“Who do you think..?”

“.. You’re the one from before..”

“I am.”

There was a silence.

“You’re here about the price..”

“I’m here because I’m apart of you.”

“Shi...ro”

Shiro had slowly looked over to Hataru had managed to crack open an eye and look over at a fixated Shiro.

“Who.. are you talking to..”

“ We will speak again, Shiro.”

“.. Ahh.. No one, Hataru..” Shiro smiled, stoke back a few strands of hair and noticing their closeness had him question something before looking away for a brief moment and catching Hataru’s sincere gaze. “Rest up..”

“Have .. you slept..?” Hataru whispered, reaching with a shaky hand to take hold of Shiro’s caressing hand.

“Mm” He urged with the goofiest grin he could muster up.

“Good…” Hataru whispered once more before he fell back into his daze. “Shiro.. Should rest some more..”

“I will.. I promise.”

“-With me.”

“...”

The phone rang.

“Give me a moment.” He smiled and stroked back Hataru’s hairs some more before he got up and left the room with the phone in hand.

“Hello?” Shiro answered, sighing.

“The hero’s always have something to lose, are you willing to lose something precious..?” A muffled voice spoke up.

“Who is this..?” Shiro questioned.

“That doesn’t concern you but something that might is .. Your sister is doing well. She misses you.” The muffled voice practically chuckled at the end.

Shiro’s stanced straighten and his footing staggered towards the wall for support. His eyes glanced towards the door where Hataru laid. He remained quiet for a moment his quicken breath being the only thing that could be clearly heard.

“Oh.. And should you really leave Hataru alone for so long..?” The phone call ended, but not before Shiro bursted through Hataru’s room only to find a startled Hataru who jerked back after the break-in.

“Sheesh.. I just wanted to use the bathroom… Don’t scare me..”

Shiro whispered something under his breath, tears streaking down his cheeks. Hataru widening his eyes and lifting his arms towards his beloved friend.

“S-shiro…”

“...I’ll protect you.. I promise..” Shiro whispered, wrapping two strong arms around Hataru’s slim waist.

“...Shiro.. You’ve done enough.. Thank you..”

“Not enough…” Shiro murmured beneath the fabric of his shirt. “It’ll never be enough .. Not until every ravager is dead …”

“... by our hands.” His left eye glowing crimson. Hataru holding him tighter.

-

“ Two men were found dead this morning in the abandoned warehouse formerly owned by Cynvioun corporation.” Julie veress announced, shuffling some papers and looking directly into the camera.

“ Based off of the police reports, their bodies were mutilated. The police are searching for information regarding possible suspects.” Umi Utau continued, now looking to Julie.

“ If you have any information, please call, 234-341-9483.”

Mrs.Yoshida merely shook her head in denial, “ I can’t believe this nice town, has become so dangerous.”

Shiro and Hataru kept quiet, eating their breakfast.

“ Aki use to make me breakfast every morning.. the food, it was awful. But I ate it. She’d get so happy, when she thought she made me happy. After we moved from Dad & Mom, she tried to step up in Mom’s place.” Shiro reminisced

“ Don’t worry, you’ll get to eat your sisters awful food again Shiro. I promise.” Hataru reassured

Days passed, Shiro hadn’t received any phone calls. The mysterious persona that plagued his dreams stayed silent. Hataru’s mother was staying elsewhere in the Akihabara district, for business. Everything felt normal, even if it was only for a little while.

Knock, Knock.

“ Somebody’s at the door.” Shiro groaned turning back onto his side.

Hataru raised himself up “ I’ll get it.” he said, walking to the living room. Shiro yawned, and closed his eyes, suffocating himself in the comfortable touch of Hataru’s pillows. They kinda’ smelled like him. Shiro had fallen back asleep, only to be awaken a couple minutes later.

Shiro felt Hataru’s hands on his shoulders, he shook him. “ Shiro, you have to go.”

“ W-what?”

“ Get out, now!” Hataru forced Shiro out of bed, and then opened his bedroom window.”

“ H-hataru what’s going on?” Shiro said, still in a sleepy daze.

The door to Hataru’s bedroom opened, in the doorway, stood a japanese officer. “Both of you, Freeze!”

Huh?

“ Officer, I-I, don’t understand?” Shiro shook his head in denial, his hair still ruffled from the bed.

“ Get down, Or, Or I’ll shoot!” The officer warned

Something was off. But Shiro needed more time to figure out the situation. Getting apprehended wasn’t going to help anything. Shiro turned to the window, and then jabbed it with his elbow making the glass shatter.

The officer was so spooked by the loud screech he accidentally fired his pistol, the stray bullet pierced Shiro’s right shoulder blade. He wrapped his left arm around Hataru, and jumped out the window. Blood soaked from his right arm soaked both Hataru’s and his clothes.

“ Hataru, explain?!?” Shiro panicked, now pulling hataru along as they ran through the backstreet.

“ I don’t know! They knocked on the door.. and started asking questions about the warehouse and you. ” Hataru shrieked in a panicky voice.

“It wasn’t suppose to be like this ..” Shiro whispered, forcefully pulling Hataru onto his stumbling feet as they ran out through the back, slipping past the cops and dropping past some bushes when one of them commanded the rest to check around the back.

“ Kyoko.. she must of did this.” Hataru mumbled, sitting down and laying his back against the bush. “ This is all my fault. All of this started with her...” he continued.

“Ugh.. Don’t start with that bitch.” Shiro hissed, his hand lifting to grab at his right shoulder blade where he noted the large amount of blood beginning to soak his hand. “Fuck..” Shiro swore under his breath, his head feeling drowsy as he lolled onto Hataru with a tired face. “.. We gotta get outta here..”

“ It may not be the brightest of ideas, but.. Villa Ivan.” Hataru pondered “ She was living here, in income based housing; she’s dead. We could probably stay there, until we figure something out. The only problem is that her address is on the other half of the district.”

“Pfft, Just what we need.” His head lolled over to the other side, his eyes scanning the area around the house. “..What about.. Your mother..?”

“ If I contact her, she’s gonna get involved in this too..” Hataru said shakily, his head lowering looking down at the grass.

Shiro’s head shot back, quickly shoving Hataru off to the other side, jumping into the next bush, as they made a quick escape from a rookie cop who seemed determined to actually look through the bushes. “Seriously, go now.” Shiro whispered hastily.

Hataru tumbled onto the ground clumsily, “ Shiro, .. we have to get rid of the phones.”

“Alright. Will get rid of them once we slip them and break them in an alleyway, far from Villa’s place.” Shiro slowly got up and grabbed ahold of Hataru’s forearm, jerking him forward and pulling him into a quick dash.

Hataru was pulled along “ We can’t just walk around in the open, we’re gonna have to find a way to disguise ourselves.”

“Yeah, sure let me get my make-up set from the house.”

“ You mean my make-up, from my house, remember, you got evicted.” Hataru chuckled

“Bitch, correct me again.” He irked.

Hataru paused “ So what’s your big plan?” gazing up at Shiro, suddenly, he felt a vibration inside of his pocket. “ RING. RING. RING.” Hataru panicked and grabbed the phone, but it slipped from his hands, Shiro tried to catch it but dropped it as well. “ Over there!” an officer shouted.

“You’re shitting me.” Shiro cried, grabbing Hataru and making for anything run, slipping past one of the houses and managing to jump over a fence. “You had to drop the freaking phone!” Shiro cried.

“ .. There’s a uh’.. password on it, at least?” Hataru said, looking away, his cheeks flushing with a dark red tone of embarrassment. “ Besides, you should of caught it! Sheez..” Hataru retorted, leaning against the wall of a residence.

“Do I always have to take care of everything you do?” Shiro frowned, stepping into his personal space, only to drop his head on Hataru’s shoulder and sigh heavily. “My .. Shoulder is taking a toll on me.. I don’t think I can keep running and losing this much blood..” Shiro whispered.

Hataru placed a hand on Shiro’s abdomen, and then slowly inched him away “ You’re bleeding on me.” He looked around, and then reached down to the bottom of his own shirt. Clenching the fabric in his grip, he ripped off a huge chunk. Hataru grabbed Shiro’s hand, and then pulled his arm closer carefully. He used the fabric to tightly cut off the blood flow to Shiro’s shoulder, tying it at the arm socket. “ That should do for now.” he sighed, “ I suppose my attire should be.. the least of my concerns, for once.”

“.. Clean freak..” Shiro tried, his body slowly inching down the wall and laying back against the fixture of the neighbors walls. “ .. Tired. Which way to Ivan’s house..?”

“ Uhhh… ” Hataru began to bite down on his bottom lip.

“Sonova…” Shiro whined, coughing once and shutting his eyes for a moment…

---

“Shiro..!! Wait for me..” Hataru yelled over to a giggling Shiro who had been already at the top of the tree branch.

“C’mon Hataru.. Don’t be a wuss, Climb.” Shiro grinned, the scratch on his cheek already visible from beneath his band-aid.

“..I’m not! I’m just .. Erm.. Cautious..” Hataru tried, his eyes trying to look around the tree for a way to meet up with his friend.

“Hmmmm… I’m waiting!” Shiro chuckled, cooing loudly and laying belly first on the thick branch. letting one of his short chubby legs swing and sway carelessly.

“.. Shiro… Help me please..” Hataru whined, Shiro sighing, knowing he was defeated the moment Hataru had pulled the puppy-dog eyes.

“C’mere shrimp.”

“Mm!” Hataru got beneath the branch Shiro was in and lifted his arms. Shiro trying to reach over to Hataru but realizing the distance was too far.

“...Hm… Wait there.” Shiro yelled, sitting straight on the branch and letting his bent knees sustain his weight as he swung upside down to reach Hataru who shot him a toothy grin.

“Shiro’s so cool.”

“Of course I am.” Shiro sneered and brought his hands down to reach at Hataru’s reaching arms.

“Now hold tight.” Shiro slowly began to lift Hataru only to be startled by two screaming mothers.

“Shiro! Hataru! What on earth are you both boys doing!” The scream had Shiro lose his grasp on his branch and fell face first into Hataru’s own colliding head. Both boys toppling over and groaning.

“Ugh.. Shiro.. You’re heavy.. Off…” Hataru whined his eyes mustering opening and catching sight of Shiro who had his head on Hataru’s chest, obviously fighting the urge not to cry over the bruise on his head. Shiro had always been a cry baby, although managed to always fight it off whenever it came to being infront of Hataru.

“Oh. Shiro.. You always end up in this mess.” Shiro’s mother a woman who was nothing but beautiful had walked over with one arms on her hip and holding the newborn Aki-chan in her other.

“I do not!” Shiro cried, wiping away at his watery eyes. Hataru sitting up and watching as Shiro sat on his lap sniffling hard and trying to wipe away at his flustered face.

“Shiro’s strong.” Hataru smiled one of his sincere smiles and Hataru’s mother smiled fondly, shaking her head and muttering “boys” and walking back to Hataru’s mother side who was smiling and wiping her hands away on her old apron.

“..” Shiro’s eyes watered up over Hataru’s sweet words and shook his head furiously, giving one last wipe of his eyes and quickly clamping down two of Hataru’s hands, making Hataru blush. “Hataru is an honest man.”

“..H-honest..” Hataru stammered.

“Mm! You’re honest just like your papa.” Shiro grinned.

“Like.. Papa..” Hataru smiled softly.

“I wanna be a good papa when I grow up..” Shiro’s smile softened.

“I’m sure, Shiro will.” Hataru chuckled looking at Shiro’s gleaming eyes.

“Hataru should become my wife, you could pull it off with that cute face of yours.” Shiro grinned and Hataru blushed furiously only to stammer before Shiro was already on his feet and rushing over to the house. “Let’s get married, Hataru!”

“... O-Oi! .. Shiro!!”

--------

Shiro had awoken from his daze on carpet, his eyes were greeted with the strange designs carved into a ceiling. It was quiet, Hataru’s redundant snoring being the only audible sound. I must of passed out.

Shiro rose from his spot, his shoulder stopping him for a brief moment, noting the bandages and taking a deep breath as he rose up slower than usual. Looking over to the snoring frame he managed a small smile and wandered the house for a bit. He was quiet albeit the old wooden flooring had other plans, making soft creaks and squeaks of it’s pertaining age. ‘.. Atleast he found it..’

“ Good morning.” the voice of a boy said from behind Shiro.

Startled, Shiro turned around quick and injured his arm with the quick action placing a soft hand at his shoulder. “ ..Ahh.. Morning, Hataru..”

“ Not, quite.. though I assure you; I am a friend.” the figure stepped closer, a boy of about age thirteen stood before Shiro.

“.. I see.. So a shrimp like you helped me and Hataru…?”

“ I’m not a shrimp! I’ll have you know, that your intelligence is inferior to mine a-and, if I wanted to I could annihilate you! You will show me respect, puny ravager!” the boy snapped angrily, clenching both of his fist.

“Any more louder.” Shiro said with one finger in his ear, picking at the earwax. “You’re making me go deaf, plus you gone and woken up the poor kid.” Gesturing towards Hataru who had stirred in his sleep.

“ Good! Maybe he will join you in your demis- Sister! Welcome home..” the boys shouts silenced, and his facial expression was irked.

Shiro had turned his head towards the direction the boy made eye contact with. “Oh?”

“ It’s good to see that your shoulder is healing well.”the girl had spoken up.

“Ah, Yes.. Thanks, Who are you? It’s a pleasure meeting the one who can shut this boy up.” Shiro grinned, extending out his hand towards the woman. “Pleasure.”

“ I am Villa, Villa Ivan.” the girl replied, offering a handshake.

“Great, I actually passed out due to blood loss and you’re actually a ghost and I’m actually dead. So…….. I’m dying. Right.” Shiro cried, giving up the handshake and throwing his hands up in the air. “Fuck sakes man.”

“ No, you’re alive.” she iterated, questioning the intelligence of Shiro compared to what she thought was his boyfriend. “ It was a coincidence that I found your boyfriend, when he was looking for me, well my house.”

“Oh. That makes much more sense. Atleast I know I’m not actually dying but aside from that, I’m curious to how you, know about me being a ravanger.” He directed his gaze towards the boy.

“ My brother has a.. gift. Though we aren’t quite sure how or why it functions yet.” Villa admitted, looking to her brother, Ichiro. Ichiro looked back at Shiro “.. You’re gay?” he chuckled

“I..” Shiro stammered, looking back towards Hataru who seemed to have knocked out again. “.. Erm.. Yeah.” Shiro looked back at the two, his cheeks flustering bright red. “We’re not dating though…”

“ So like how do you-- “

“ Ichiro this is not the place, or the time!” Villa quickly cut in, covering her brothers mouth who tried to continue the question but his words were muffled.

“ Ahh.. Thanks for the treatment and thank you for letting us stay here. “ Shiro bowed respectively.

Villa and Shiro’s eyes met, “ What is your Idensen?” she questioned

“.. What’s Idensen?”

She sighed “.. You really are clueless, aren’t you? Your ravager ability.”

“ Not really been in the business for that long.” Shiro commented, crossing his arms obviously irked. “And as for that.. Well.. I’m not quite sure..” He whispered the last part.

“ Hah! You’re a joke of a ravager.” Ichiro laughed, pointing at Shiro. “He’ll be dead in a week sister, y’know how they love the easy pickings.”

“Shut it, punk. Not in the mood for your trash talk.” Shiro rolled his eyes and walking over to Hataru who had finally lifted his head out of his sleep. “ Morning, sleepy head.” Shiro chuckled.

“ I need you to trust me, my Idensen; I can transform other peoples bodies into ravagers i’ve seen, permanently or temporarily. That’s how I got you and your boyfriend to my shelter, with no trouble.” Villa said, following behind Shiro to see Hataru.

The back of Shiro’s hair stood. His cheeks burning and dropping his head in the progress, practically dropping a heavy hand on Hataru’s head and dropping him face first into the carpet. “Sleep.” Turning his head back towards Villa where his aura practically spiked with heat. “ Ahaha...ha. Thanks for the help.. But .. I think will be find on our own… Will be out of your hairs in no time.”

“Shi---rooooo” Hataru struggled to lift his head but had still had his head jammed into the carpet.

“ I don’t advise you try to leave.” Villa shrugged..

“Ahahaha…” Shiro chuckled huskily, his body stiffening. “Let’s kill her..”

It wasn’t long before Hataru broke free and shoved Shiro down, back handing his head and lowering his head in a respectful bow one that Shiro seemed to struggle to not be apart of. “Forgive his imprudence. It won’t happen again.” Hataru spoke up, obviously already heard the whole conversation.

“Kill her..”

“Ugh..” Shiro felt sick to his stomach, his eyes wandering towards the younger boy, lolling his head onto Hataru’s shoulder, who had eventually lighten on his hold.

“ Let me make something clear; for both of you. We have thirty-four ravagers documented, along with their abilities. By staying with us, you are at a huge advantage.” Villa stated.

kill her. kill her. kill her.

“ I feel sick.” Shiro stood from his position quickly running to the nearest bathroom and puking into the toilet.

“Shiro!” Hataru quickly ran after him only to stop noticing Shiro’s left eye shift between transitions of black to liquid crimson. “...Shi..”

“...” Shiro had closed the door on Hataru, looking back at the mirror and examining his red eye, turning his head slow to the left and watching as the pupil dilated with the red pulsating hues of red. He gasped forth the moment his stomach churn again and had him vomiting once more.

Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.Kill her.

“Ugh. Get out of my head!” Shiro yelled, his body dropping to his knees and huddling over.

“Ever consider that you just locked out Hataru out there with two dangerous ravagers that could so easily kill your so precious Hataru.”

“...Ahh..” Shiro cried, his eye stinging with it’s fluctuating transitions. “Stop..”

“Let me out for a bit. I’ll make the pain in your arm seize, I’ll care for Hataru more than you could ever do. I’ll make the other two ravagers in the room disappear for good.”

“Fuck of-”

“Shiro! Let me in!” Hataru cried only to be stopped by Villa who had come up from behind him and touched at his shoulder.

“She reeks.. She’s touching Hataru..”

“It’s best to leave him, his shoulder is probably taking a toll or worse it’s gotten infected.”

“Then in this case it’s best to not leave him.” Hataru stared back with determined eyes.

“She reeks, Kill her.”

“...” Villa rose a brow and nodded, lifting a foot and kicking the door down, using brute force, Hataru knew he’d probably never have, although froze when they saw Shiro huddled over and pale, his eye pulsating in black and red hues. Dark red veins adorning the side of his face.

“Brother, come here.” Villa said, Ichiro quickly scurrying in.

“Shi-... ro..?” Hataru crept closer.

“ Oh, no wonder the I'm uncultured knows so little of his powers.” Ichiru said, leaning over Hataru to get a closer look. “ He has a Edensen.”

“Wh-What do you mean?!” Hataru questioned, his face seeming more anxious than ever.

“ Every ravager either has a; Idensen or Edensen. Idensen’s are symbolised by the eye color yellow, they can only be utilized to affect other peoples bodies. Edensen’s on the other hand are symbolised by the eye color red, they are utilized to affect their owners bodies. People who have an Edensen are generally stronger than people with Idensen. The penalty for this strength is that they share it with another consciousness, the secondary consciousness are often corrupt and evil.” Ichiru explained

“Bravo, Although lighten up on the evil part.” Shiro had finally stood up, his left arm reaching towards the bandaged shoulder, ripping it off with ease and stepping over to Hataru who seemed stricken with shock. “I’m not even “evil” I just see the world in a more .. realistic point of perspective, you could say, Isn’t that right, Shiro” Shiro had lifted his right hand and knocked onto his own skull.

“Shiro..?” Hataru whispered looking up at the boy. Only to stopped by a finger to his mouth and a quiet hush lead by the latter.

“He’s sleeping, while I take care of the ‘ravagers’” He grinned towards Ichiro, ignoring the female.

“... Why are you looking at me funny.” Ichiro practically squirmed underneath Shiro’s dark gaze.

“Because you’re just a tool for the primary conscious, you pretend to have power when in fact, Idensen’s like yourselves aren’t nothing but just weak creatures. Spliting your bodies in two in order to salvage power. You’re pathetic. Can you imagine how possibly weak you’d be in battle?” Shiro grinned, his crimson eye glowing in it’s new founded hue of sorted hints of black.

“What are you getting at?!” Ichiro growled, stepping forth but was stopped by a hand held by Villa.

“Care to explain…? Shiro.” Villa spoke up.

“You really are clueless.” Shiro giggled, swaying his hand in dismissal. Earning a frown from Villa and a ‘Tch’ from Ichiro. “Idensen, are split identities most commonly like the twins I killed back at the warehouse. One was only a ravager while the other was a mirror, just like how Ichiro over here is nothing more than a detector. He’s useless overall but he does look like a cute fuck toy. No? Just like this cutie, Shiro’s got sticking around.” Shiro mused pulling on Hataru’s waist. “The Idensen’s are the weak ravagers of the bunch, nothing new.”

“Don’t fuck with me” Hataru backed away from Shiro who cocked an eyebrow and chuckled huskily under his breath.

“Feisty” His eyes wandering over to Ichiro who seemed more frightened than Villa. “Odensen are weak because they contain no power. They’re the Omegas and Edensen are the Alphas of the group, now learn your place.” Shiro’s left eye darken in shade and it wasn’t long before Ichiro’s breath suddenly slipped from his lungs and he felt a strangling sensation around his neck.

“Stop! What are you doing!?” Villa screamed who noticed the way Ichiro suddenly rose from his spot, struggling for breath. “Stop now, or else!” She warned.

“Shiro! What are you doing?! Stop!” Hataru tried “....They… They can be useful!” He tried once more.

Shiro lifting a brow and looking towards Ichiro, seemed to have considered it since he dropped the boy and he smiled, leaning over to peck at Hataru’s forehead. “You’re so smart.” He giggled, lifting an arm and waving it over towards Villa who had instantly been impaled through the chest by an unknown force.

“Villa!” Ichiro screamed, dropping to his knees as he caught her lifeless form.

“Shiro! What have you done!” Hataru screamed trying to break free of Shiro’s vice like grip.

“I was trying to protect you, from her ..” He paused, his eyes shifting towards Ichiro who seemed to have thrown a punch that didn’t affect him. “ .. Stench..” He finished.

“Where’s… The real Shiro..? .. Bring him back..” Hataru cried, his eyes red and bloated on the verge of tears.

“.. Ugh, I hate that I have to feel the same emotions he does ..” Shiro muttered

“What are you…?” Hataru tried but was grabbed ahold by Ichiro who held a knife to his throat and cried with tear stained cheeks.

“Make a move and I’ll kill Hataru!”

Shiro twitched and Ichiro was sent flying back into the wall unconscious, but because of his carelessness, Hataru had been cut in the neck and blood had dribbled out in slow rolls.

“Ahh.. Shiro..”

“... I’ll bring him back. Just stop looking at me with those eyes..”

Hataru looked up, his knees collapsing beneath him and his eyes darting towards the corpse that laid behind Shiro.

“.. Hm..” Shiro had dropped in front of him, his dark eyes now watching the sulken Hataru cry. “Is it bad that I think you crying is adorable?” Shiro whispered.

“.. W-What..” Hataru looked up only to catch an unconscious Shiro.

-

“Ugh…” Shiro had murmured his head aching, noting the pain in his shoulder gone. He sat up slow only to note he was now in a bedroom and next to him was Hataru, asleep with dried tears. He also noted the door that was barricaded shut with furniture.

“You know what happened, I assume. You watched. I made sure you did.”

“I know.” He whispered. “You hurt …”

“No, I saved him, Something you couldn’t do and it seems the only way I can get through to you is through Hataru being in danger.”

“ That won’t happen anymore, I’ll make sure to leave with him, far from here.”

“Oh and how do you plan on doing that? Didn’t Mrs.Yoshida say that the whole Akihabara district had been locked down?”

“...”

“..You like him more than you care to admit. Whatever happened to your dear sister?”

“I’m still looking for her.”

“I’m trying to help you, whether you appreciate my methods or not.”

“..Hm..”

“You haven’t answered me..”

“.. Yes, I like him.”

“Like who?”

“... Hataru.”

“You like me….?” Hataru slowly rose from his spot in his bed.

“ … Ahhahahahaha… No. “ Shiro chuckled, rubbing at the back of his head, I was saying, I liked .. other stuff.”

“.. I liked you too.” Hataru tried.

“.. Liked..?”

“Not after…”

“.. I see.” Shiro lowered his gaze and slowly brought it back up with a determined gaze. “That’s fine, regardless if you don’t see me the same way, I’ll still protect you.”

---

“Oni-chan..”

“Akiko!?” Shiro had screamed out his body jerking from it’s sleep, startling Hataru out of his daze and quickly grabbing at Shiro’s forearm. Noting the strength for a moment before hushing.

“Shiro .. Shiro.. It was a dream..” Hataru assured.

“The house smells.”

“ It does..” Shiro responded.

“What does..?” Hataru commented.

“What..? Oh nothing. I’m going to check on Ichiro.”

“So you are listening to me.”

“Hmm..” Shiro had walked out of the room, passing by the bagged corpse and towards Ichiro who sat tied and bruised-face.

“He stinks more than the rotting corpse.”

“He does..”

“Talking to yourself?” Ichiro commented, obviously irked.

“Scum shouldn’t talk.” Shiro’s eye glowed crimson for a brief moment and soon transitioned back to it’s dark hue.

“ I’d be careful, Edensen consciousness are sly, Shiro. They’d do anything to further their personal gain.” Ichiro grumbled, resting his head against the wall.”

“Shiro.. Where’d you-” Hataru quieted down, his eyes now locked onto the sudden demeanor he considered his beloved friend, only to pause and retreat back into the room, listening to the words of the younger boy.

“I would know.” Shiro confirmed. “I need you to help me seek my sister. I want you to find me every ravager in the Akihabara district.”

“ You kill my sister; and then want me to find yours? I’m sorry if I don’t seem so reluctant to help.” Ichiro snapped

“I like them feisty, Lemme at ‘em.”

“.. No. You’re right, Although It wasn’t exactly me who killed her.”

“Yes, because we aren’t exactly two feathers of the same bird.”

“You’re sarcasm doesn’t exactly help.” Shiro whispered, while Ichiro cocked a brow and frowned.

“You seem to be talking to yourself a lot more, the more you two converse the more you and your counterpart will link minds and lose your own state of sanity.”

“Drop kick him.”

“.. I want to .. save my sister .. and for a long time now, I’ve liked Hataru as my best friend. It wasn’t until recently with all these things … happening in my life that I had a moment to actually think about the events and how they so easily correlated with everything. Shiro, He’s something else, something I don’t think I can control but he’s the one that can save the people I care about the most then I’ll take advantage and I’ll use him because he’d do the exact same thing.” Shiro tried. While Hataru sighed in the background and closed the door to the room.

“ As of right now, I can only detect ravagers face to face..that’s the only help I can provide. ”

“Then …” He finally relaxed the moment Hataru had closed the door, his left eye quickly transiting to a red hue. “I guess I’ll have to take you on a walk.” Shiro had grabbed at Ichiro’s shirt and pulled him forward, stripping him of his binds effortlessly. “Walk, we need to get to moving.”

--

“What do you see?” Shiro spoke up, his body slouched and pressed back against a brick wall. The smell of fresh baked bread wafting at their nostrils.

“Nothing, they’re not close enough.” Ichiro irked. Poking his head out the side of the building and onto the street, obviously annoyed with Shiro’s thick boot bruising his back, occasionally shoving him forward.

“Then go out there and make some friends, once you see them, whistle.” Shiro’s left eye occasionally glowing it’s low hinting hues.

“... Yeah, Sure. Asshole.”

“Make the wrong move and I’ll kill you.” Shiro cocked his head, beneath his hoodie and cracked a toothy grin.

There was twenty seven of us, and as of right now, if I keep this up, Shiro could carry me to the end. Ichiro thought, making his exit from the alleyway, he glared behind him once more at Shiro.

Shiro nodded and watched as Ichiro rounded the corner of the building, Shiro making quick without haste, mounted the building and ran to the edge of the roof, lifting a determined foot onto the edge, overlooking the street. “What will you do once you’re done with everyone else..?”

“Kill him, What else?” Shiro whispered, his left red eye glowing darker than usual.

Ichiro could feel the presence growing stronger, it was like a game of Hot & Cold. Akihabara was over-populated; so it was hard to pinpoint where the Aura was coming from. It’d be difficult to achieve a clean kill downtown, where the stores thrived.

‘Idensen.’ Ichiro notioned.

‘The aura is coming from inside, inside the cafe. Does he trust me enough to let me enter?’

‘Perhaps it is time to test these invisible shackles...’

Ichiro walked closer to the Cafe, he gazed inside through the glass door, the interior was adorned with cute little pink fabrics and designs. They had framed pictures of popular animes on the walls. ‘Gross, Otakus.’ He looked over his shoulder, and up to the building where Shiro sat with watchful eyes. ‘Hmph’, Ichiro let out a heavy breath and wandered into the cafe, Try Monitoring my actions from here, Crow.

Shiro ‘Tch’d’, watching as the boy slipped from his vision the moment he entered the building, Although didn’t let it bother him for he had had by already jumped off the ledge and landed down in front of the said cafe. Earning a couple of stares from the jump, he rolled his eyes when the other Shiro began. “You little shit, you can’t just make jumps like that!”

“Alright, whatever.” Shiro commented, opening the door to the cafe and sauntering in with a raised head before he looked around at the decor and whinced. “Gross, Otakus” Both Shiro’s quickly said.

“ Dad!” Ichiro quickly grabbed Shiro by the arm, and inched him to closer. Pressing against his side gently. “ Just two, Sir?” the Waitress asked, looking to Shiro with a sheepish smile.

“Oh fuck this, I’m out.” Shiro said, his red eye transiting back to black and leaving the other Shiro to wallow in the suffering on his own.

“Oh great .. Yeah, Just two.” He looked at the waitress who seemed to have looked at him funny by now over his split persona and his obvious attempt to pry off Ichiro from his side.

The waitress leaded Shiro and Ichiro to a booth, Ichiro quickly slipped inside of it, curious eyes looking around.

“ What can I get you to drink, Sir?” the Waitress asked, clumsily pulling out her notepad.

“ Uh.. Water.” Shiro quickly answered, ‘Just go away already’ he thought.

“ And for the child?”

“ Oh.. right, He’ll have nothing. He’s not thirsty.” Shiro cut in before Ichiro had a chance to say anything, Ichiro’s face quickly turned sour.

“ Okay! I’ll be back with your drink.” she said, stumbling away in some sort of odd ‘travelers boot’

He watched her walk away, and then turned to Shiro. “ Why are we here?”

“ I’ve never been to a restaurant, sister could never afford it.”

“ There better be a Ravager in here, Ichiro.”

“ Yea..yea, you know about as much of fun as you do ravagers. There is one in here, though I’m not sure where.” Ichiro teased, the Waitress walked by setting down Shiro’s drink. Shiro unwrapped his straw and put it in, pushing it forward to Ichiro. “ Here ya go, Squirt.”

Ichiro leaned forward and took a drink “ Maybe it’s the waitress? Maybe she has an Edensen that is bad outfit choices.”

“ I don’t need maybes, I can’t just go around killing everyone.”

“ Oh? Really? You can’t? I think my sister would disagree.” Ichiro snapped, resting his chin on his palm.

“ She was a ravager…”

“ Your boyfriend is too, you gonna kill him?”

“ Huh?” Shiro questioned, letting out a small chuckle as if Ichiro was kidding.

“ Your boyfriend, he’s a ravager.”

“That explains why he smells so nice.”

“... What..”

“Yeah, hate to break it to you, but he’s an Odensen.” Ichiro mused, proudly with a smug look on his face.

“Wow .. The weakest kind too.”

“You’re not helping..”

“You’re other self making side comments again?” Ichiro inquired, raising his elbows onto the table and resting his cheeks on his palms, sipping once more at his drink.

“Shut up.”

“Shut up.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

“I figured, you knew, since you were together.” Ichiro sipped again, shrugging his shoulders.

“We aren’t together…” Shiro softened his voice.

“Oh…? Had a fight?”

“No.. We’ve never been together and .. -

“We never will.”

He tried once more, his eyes darting away from the boy. “.. And it’s been decided that I’m only here to pro- .. Keep him safe from the wrong-doings that I committed in the past.”

“Aren’t you so self-righteous. That’s not going to get you far, besides if you really want him that bad, I suggest stop trying to kill all these ravagers just because the voice in your head is telling you to do so.

“It isn’t about being with him.” Shiro tried, shaking his head and sitting up straight. “ It’s about getting my sister back. This has always been about my sister, albeit along the way there have been some setbacks and some things that have changed between us ..”

“Yet, you two still manage to share a room together, bet you both even sleep in the same bed.”

Shiro blushed. “We do, but .. as of late he doesn’t see me as the same person anymore because of the voice in my head.”

“It’s starting to smell in here.”

Ichiro disregarded Shiro’s last comment,“ The aura is getting stronger..”

“ That’s strange.. I’m picking up two Auras. The second is extremely faint though, too hard to tell if its authentic yet.” Ichiro corrected himself, though surprised.

“Best we get to moving then, getting bored of listening to you talk about Hataru anyway.”

“ Above us.”

Shiro nodded and stood from his seat, looking towards a sign where it said “stairs”, his eyes darting towards Ichiro, motioning him to move to that direction with himself in tow.

The two were stopped by a waitress, “ Sir, the storage room is for employees only. It’s off limits to customers.”

“Kill her.”

“Oh really? .. My bad, I was looking for the bathroom for my kid, Mind showing him the way?” Shiro grinned sheepishly shoving Ichiro towards the waitress.

Finally, a breath of my own, away from the crow. Ichiro merely nodded, looking to the waitress with ‘needy’ eyes.

The moment the waitress and Ichiro slipped from a view, Shiro slipped past the door of the stairs and made his way up. Upon reaching the top his view was shrouded with dust and dark shadows of large boxes that were obviously scattered about in all forms of assortments.

“Always knew Otakus were messy fucks.”

Shiro walking past the doorway had began to scan the room for anyone who seemed suspicious.

There was a noise. A man grunted.

There was a noise of man grunting, almost as if choking over something. Shiro had made his way past some boxes and looked over one, noting the man who had been lifting some boxes.

“ Oh hello there! Can I help you with something, are you the new employee?” The man turned and said, letting out a groan as he stood up, as if sore.

The stench, he doesn’t reek of it. Just sweat. Shiro noted, analyzing the man from head to toe.

“ Yeah, I am, Is anyone else here today?” Shiro questioned, looking around.

“ Hmm, I work alone up-here, that’s why its so great to meet you!” the man laughed, scratching his head “ Though we get to talk to the waitresses quite a bit, it gets lonely.”

The waitress Shiro thought, .. “ Sir, the storage room is for employees only. It’s off limits to customers.” ..

“She was the stench.”

“ Ichiro..”

“Excuse me, Son?” The man said but was only heard as a muffle now, for Shiro had rushed down the flight of stairs and managed to break through the door, looking around for the waitress but stopped when he realized all the other people in the room saw him as a freak for bursting out the door and breathing heavily.

“The stench is still somewhere around here.”

“But where!?” Shiro had made his way into the kitchen of the cafe, startling the people in the back and earning yells to get out, but not before he looked at everyone’s face. “Shit ..”

“Let’s try the most obvious place.”

“Where?”

“The bathroom.”

“I really hate you sometimes” Shiro said as he bursted through the boy’s bathroom, looking through each stall, only to stop at one of the stalls that was locked.

“Break it down”

“Give me back Ichiro!” Shiro shouted, kicking the door off it’s hinges and startling the man in his ichigo costume from his shit.

“ … Oh my gods.. He has a weapon, kill him.”

“”.. It’s fake … You idiot, he even has a wig on.”

“You mean the horrible orange hair isn’t part of his style..?”

The man on the other side who was obviously now shaking and covering his nether regions, had slowly spoke up. “Can.. You .. Um.. Put the door back up..”

“No.”

“.. Oh .. Yeah… Sure”

“A real man takes a shit where others can see him to show dominance.”

“ You mean like, prison?”

“What’s a prison?”

“Wait, what, why am I being arrested?!” The man questioned startled and now trying to grab some toilet paper.

“Let’s leave before I witness another man wipe his own ass.”

“You’ve seen men wipe their own ass before?”

“The 1900’s were dark times.”

Shiro shook his head and backed up out of the bathroom now standing in front of the girl’s bathroom, taking a big gulp, looking around once more before anyone looked and pushed the door open.

The first thing Shiro had heard, since he had walked in with one hand covering his eyes was “Oh my god, what are you doing in here you perv!” followed by something being thrown at his head and having to duck his head.

“Shiro!” Ichiro cried. Knocking Shiro out of his embarrassment and finally looking, noting how most of the girls walked out of the bathroom and left the waitress and Ichiro with a dagger to his neck.

“This is nothing what I expected in a girl’s bathroom..”

“Ditto…”

The waitress was dressed in some sort of cloak, it was apart of her costume; the dagger wasn’t a surprise, but Shiro didn’t know what else she hid under the cloak. She backed up slightly, her brown eye quickly lightening to a bright yellow. “ I guess you now know what we are hiding, we really haven’t had a chance to clean the attic out. ”

“She’s probably hiding something we didn’t catch upstairs. Best to get rid of her and get to snooping upstairs.”

“Yeah .. I need to you to return my kid.” Shiro tried, stepping forth once and noting how the waitress quickly retaliated by pressing the dagger closer to Ichiro’s neck. “Hey, Hey now, I need the boy alive.”

“ Yea? Why do you need him?” She interrogated, lightly pressing the dagger against the skin of his neck.

“.. Haha .. That’s really none of your concern, dolly.” Shiro tried once more, inching slowly without her noticing.

“ Shiro quit fucking with her!” Ichiro cried, squirming in her hold.

“ Why does he need you? Speak or I slit your throat” She looked down, Shiro bit his lip.

“ He needs me because I am a tracker! I can sense ot-”, Almost instantly the dagger moved up and jabbed into Ichiro’s eye socket piecing through his cornea, he yelled in pain.

“Bitch! Let me at her!”

“Hey! I need him!” Shiro’s left eye had quickly transitioned to crimson and wasn’t long before his intangible vectors were released from behind his back sending forth and separating the two but noting the difference the way his vectors had seemed to have gone the opposite direction he originally intended. Startling the waitress she made a quick move to reach for for the wounded Ichiro, only to accidentally have her arm sliced off from her body over Shiro’s confused vectors.

She screamed, dropping back and holding her arm, Ichiro on the other hand had been huddled over holding his head and trying to stop the blood, his body shaking and eventually vomiting over the pain.

“Bitch, Look what you did now, I have a handicapped tracker now.” Shiro hissed. “And you’re attempt to stop my powers is pathetic, did you forget I can still do this?” Shiro said lifting a long leg and bringing it back down to her head, drop kicking her and knocking her chin first into the marble flooring and leaving her limp.

Shiro sighed and picked up Ichiro, who had now been crying and bleeding out from his torn eye. “C’mon, It’s O’kay you can still use your other eye.”

“I hate you..” Ichiro cried, turning over and vomiting again. Startling Shiro and having him step away from the puke. “It hurts! It hurts! Make it stop!”

“Can’t you do something?”

“I can’t.” Shiro tried, patting the boy, only to stopped once the waitress had jumped onto Shiro’s back, being instantly impaled by the invisible vectors but managing to jab her dagger in Ichiro’s other eye, leaving it there, the moment she reached over Shiro’s shoulder.

“..Ha.. Try to .. use .. ‘ e m .. n o w” She managed before she collapsed and died,

Ichiro screamed and Shiro had dropped to his knees resting Ichiro on his back. “Do something! Shiro!” Shiro had looked around and got up to grab some toilet paper, quickly dropping to his knees and ripping off a piece of his own shirt, jabbing it into Ichiro’s mouth to block his screams.

“I’m sorry.” Shiro tried as he ripped the knife out of his socket only to bring along his eyeball ripping it off straight from it’s nerves, resulting in another deaf-defying choked scream. Ichiro struggled, although was held still by Shiro’s Vectors that held him down.

They weren’t alone with all the commotion that brought on the screams, some people had come to watch, leaving Shiro with a desperate attempt to stop the blood and lifting Ichiro into his arms. trying to block him from the suddenly snapshots of camera phones.

“We’re in trouble.. What do we do?”

Shiro had stood to his full height with a sobbing Ichiro burying his head into Shiro’s already blood soaked shoulder. “I’m going to kill them.” Shiro had step forth and it wasn’t long before the girl’s bathroom and the rest of the cafe had a change of decor in the color of crimson.

--

Shiro had arrived home with Ichiro passed out in his arms, with loose eyelids. Shiro’s left eye still glowing a soft red, as he set down Ichiro on the couch and noticed when Hataru had walked into the living room.

“You guys are bac-- What .. What happened?!” Hataru quickly ran to Ichiro’s side only to be stopped by Shiro’s arm holding him back, almost protectively.

“ We found a ravager and they did this..” Shiro whispered.

“... Where’s the other Shiro..” Hataru looked up at the latter with a frown. I want to speak with him.

“He’s not in the mood to speak. He’s rather upset.”

“I’m not. I’m just .. I don’t know.”

Shiro had ignored him and dropped to his knees, now sitting in front of Ichiro whose skin by now had paled and his face stained with the dry blood had him smell of rotting flesh.

“We need to do something, I’ll go find a first aid-kit.” Hataru commented walking out of the living room, leaving a silent Shiro.

--

The morning had come and Ichiro had woken to the smell of a Edensen next to him, already knowing who it was had sat up and touched at his face. Knowing it hurt to cry he inhaled sharply and breath out slowly reaching out towards the scent and pressing a soft hand towards Shiro who had apparently fallen asleep watching over Ichiro.

“Hm..?” Shiro had lifted his head and sat up straight his red eye sparking in it’s fury and quickly changed his expression from his face, suddenly noting how he was acting and finally spoke up with a groggy voice.

“How are you feeling?”

“My eyes hurt… Well.. Eye sockets.” Ichiro corrected, the bandage around his eyes tight and secure. “Did you..?” Ichiro questioned as he placed a soft hand towards his cheekbone where he felt the lower end of the wrapping.

“I didn’t, Hataru did.”

---

The morning had come and Ichiro had woken to the smell of an Edensen next to him, already knowing who it was had sat up. Briefly noting his lack of vision, he subconsciously touched at his own face. Knowing it hurt to cry he inhaled sharply and breath out slowly, reaching out towards the scent and pressing a soft hand towards Shiro who had apparently fallen asleep watching over Ichiro.

“Hm..?” Shiro had lifted his head and sat up straight his red eye sparking in it’s fury and quickly changed his expression from his face, suddenly noting how he was acting and finally spoke up with a groggy voice.

“How are you feeling?”

“My eyes hurt… well..my eye sockets.” Ichiro corrected, the bandage around his eyes tight and secure. “Did you..?” Ichiro questioned as he placed a soft hand towards his cheekbone where he felt the lower end of the wrapping.

“I didn’t, Hataru did.” Shiro commented. Standing up and extending out a hand towards Ichiro. “I put you in this mess and I’ll do my part in helping you back onto your feet.”

“I don’t need your pity.” Ichiro snarled, obviously unknowing of the hand that was in front of him but noted the suddenly close proximity of the increase in smell.

“It isn’t pity, this is me showing my apologizes for not doing something sooner.” Shiro attempted to reconcile.

Ichiro on the other hand had turned his head and regardless of the knowing pain he felt when he cried he couldn’t help the tears that soaked at his bandages. “You shouldn’t be in that form for so long Shiro, it could cause you problems further in your attempts to remain in your sanity.” He referred to the original Shiro.

Shiro lowered his hand and Ichiro noticed the departing scent, turning his head back to the smell of the Edensen he opened his mouth but was cut off.

“You’re right. My fault.” Shiro said before his eye had shifted back to black and left the original Shiro standing in his place.

“Shiro..?” Ichiro spoke up almost questionably, his tone of voice different.

Shiro opened his mouth to reply only to be stopped by Hataru who spoke questionably on his own.

“Shiro?”

Shiro ignoring Ichiro had turn towards Hataru “ Yes?” Hataru sighed and seemed relieved to see the original Shiro standing before him had continued stepping forward. “You didn’t come to bed last night.”

“Gross. I forgot you two slept together, You guys never did tell me how you both get it on.” Ichiro commented with a sour face.

“For coming out handicapped he sure does still have spunk in him.” Shiro said grinning for once and Hataru blushing although looking away for a brief moments hoping Shiro wouldn’t notice.

“ So, now that my detecting powers are flawed.. what is to come of me? Will I face a fate similar to that of my sister?” Ichiro questioned, his head downcasting.

Shiro looked to Hataru, unknowing of the matter. “ I sent you to your death with that waitress, that is my fault. However long you are going to be with us, I assure you, your death will be.. much less gruesome than your sisters.”

“That death won’t be by my hands.”

Shiro paused for a moment and slowly looked at the stilled ravager boy in front of him. “Hataru watch him, I’m going to the kitchen to make breakfast.” was all he said before he disappeared into the kitchen and quickly said. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying the death of that boy will not be done by me.”

“ We kept him alive with the intention that he would find the other ravagers. The fact of the matter is, in his current state he can’t do that, he’s dead weight now.” Shiro retorted, “ Why do you care? I doubt this is the first time you would of stained your hands with the blood of a child.”

“Just because his eyes don’t work doesn’t mean he isn’t useful and as for who I’ve killed, doesn’t concern you. It won’t be long before you’ll be on my side and I’ll take control of this body. Don’t play games with me human.”

“ I want the truth; why are we killing the other ravagers? Besides the obvious reason that they’re all; murderers, kidnappers and thieves.”

“They aren’t all how you portray them out to be; Hataru, I’m sure in your whole friendship, you’ve never seen him murder someone and not even Ichiro who talks big, I bet has actually managed to kill anyone.”

“ They’re not like the others we’ve met.”

“Then what makes them any different?”

“...”

“Shiro..?” Hataru said, walking in. “I thought you were going to make breakfast?” Hataru question, holding Ichiro’s hand as he walked behind him.

“ Oh..right, I forget to pick-up groceries with all the commotion yesterday.”

“.. Then what do we..”

“There’s a couple of pre-packaged Rice Balls in the cabinet.” Ichiro had spoke up from behind Hataru, obviously trying stand on his own but stuck to the wall almost casually. “ They were my sisters favorite.., and they were cheap.”

Hataru awkwardly coughed, and then reach to the cabinet while Shiro stood silent staring at Ichiro.’Was the death of his sister necessary then?’ Shiro thought to himself

“...”

“Come sit down Ichiro.” Although Ichiro had not moved regardless of what Hataru had said from afar, placing the pre-packaged rice balls on the table.

“ I don’t need to sit! I’m fine.” Ichiro argued, reaching up to touch the bandages that covered his now empty eye-sockets.

“Help him.”

And Shiro subconsciously moved towards Ichiro, lifting the boy up who quickly struggled and managed to throw some sort of a fit. “Ugh put me down! I don’t need your feign attempt at trying to help me! You fake ravager!” Ichiro cried out.

Hataru sighing and sitting down at his own seat and watching as Ichiro sat on his own place at the table and lowered his head, his eyes stinging once more from the tears that somehow still managed to appear regardless in the lack of eyes.

Shiro and Hataru remaining quiet as Ichiro sobbed quietly.

--

“Ever since we met, you’ve been talking about your sister.. Though we’ve made no progress.. I am struck with wonder..Is she also a Ravager, Shiro?”

“I don’t know why she was taken away from me, but all I know is that I have to get her back one way or another.” Shiro spoke up from the other side of the couch where Hataru sat next to him and Ichiro sat across his head pressed towards the cushion of the armrest.

“ She is.”

Shiro remained silent, keeping that to himself. He turned towards Hataru who seemed quiet and pondering in his own thoughts. “What are you thinking about?”

“How is Ichiro going to manage to find anymore ravagers..?”

“I can still sense, just because I can’t exactly see doesn’t mean that I can’t sense where they are.”

“Told you.”

--

It had been 3 days since the incident with Ichiro and the time spent had been with him trying to recuperate. He didn’t speak much and he occasionally was left to brood over his new state. It was odd at first but Shiro, the other one had been exceptionally quiet. Hataru on the other hand seemed more content than usual, he expressed his affection more with Shiro when it came to their nights alone.

“How was Ichiro today..?” Hataru questioned, turning to his side and facing Shiro who had his back to him.

“Fine, He was quiet like usual.”

“... How .. how did it happen?” Hataru whispered his eyes catching note of Shiro’s new build and larger silhouette.

“ It’s really not something you’d wanna hear, I wouldn’t worry about it, you’re not missing out on anything.” Shiro replied, uninterested in the topic.

“I want to know ..” Hataru tried once more, his hand reaching out towards Shiro, where he placed a soft hand on tender skin where a bullet wound once penetrated.

“ .. Hm; maybe in the morning.. we should get some rest.” Shiro muttered turning on his back, shifting his head to face Hataru, practically rejecting the touch. “ .. You’re so cute when you’re clueless.” he whispered, giving his signature toothy grin but it was weaker than usual.

“.. Do you ..” Hataru whispered, looking down at Shiro’s chest and slowly back up. “Do you still like me?” He said searching in the latter’s eyes.

“ Hataru, you’re being silly, I’ve just.. I have a lot on my mind. You know that I will always protect you.”

“ .. You didn’t answer my question..” Hataru mumbled.

Shiro silenced.

“Hmm.. Cat got your tongue?”

“Yes, I still care about you. Now get some rest.. we’re gonna ne-”

“Kiss me.” Hataru spoke up, his cheeks burning as he adjusted himself on the bed spread and sat up.

“... What are you saying..?” Shiro slowly sat up staring at Hataru, who seemed more upset than prepared to what was to come, his brows set to furrow and his lips met in a thin line. “What has you like this..? Are you not feeling we-”

“No! Don’t try to push this aside.” Hataru whimpered, pushing the hand that Shiro had attempted to use to check his forehead temperature. “I’m fine, I’m wondering if “we’re” fine.”

“.. We are..” Shiro urged making the effort to sound reassuring, his hand reaching to caress a soft cheek, one that seemed so unfamiliar almost foreign. His callous hands almost burning over the soft touch of the latter. What is this? Guilt?

“Then.. Kiss me.” Hataru tried once more his voice sounding soft and coming out as another whimper.

“...” Shiro nodded and followed the movement of Hataru’s arms as they tangled around his neck, dragging him down and onto the tangled mess of the bedsheets. Their lips finally meeting once and pausing for the briefest of moments before Hataru whined once and was shut up with another slow kiss that led to something far more.

--

The morning had come quick, the suns rays gleamed through the glass of the window, shining on Shiro’s face awaking him from his slumber and dazing him from his grip around something soft. He slowly lifted his gaze to notice the way Hataru had clung to his lower half. They had made love last night and his head ached from the sure amount of lies he spoke. He ran a hand through his cold sweat and let out a ragged sigh.

“ Shiro? Hataru?” Ichiro searched unknowingly, walking into the bedroom.

“ “No.. We’ve never been together and .. We never will. “ Shiro recalled in his head, his eyes now widening as Ichiro wandered through their room. He kept silent “ Maybe he’ll..go away.”

Ichiro walked beside the bed, his hand trailing across the sheets until they were met with an elevation underneath. “ Oh god.. he’s touching my leg.”

“ Are you asleep? Hataru?” Ichiro coughed, “ Hatarruuu..”

Hataru was up late, and a heavy sleeper. Ichiro continued to walk further, his hand moving up farther Shiro’s leg.

Shiro realized that he still hadn’t dressed, he was in the nude.. “ OH GOD..” he thought.. The ‘other shiro’s’ breath hitched.

It wasn’t until Ichiro’s hand came extremely close to the thin layer of sheet covering Shiro’s crotch that he said anything “ I’m awake! I’m awake! What do you need!” Shiro panicked, pulling his legs back and leaning against the bed-frame.

“ I.. I need a cup. I can’t see them.” Ichiro coughed, “ Now get up and get me a cup, you buffoon!”

“Ugh,” Shiro annoyed had shoved Ichiro back, quickly realizing Ichiro didn’t expect the shove, Shiro had quickly grabbed at Ichiro’s shoulder and brought him back, only to end up with Ichiro face first into Shiro’s crotch and with the commotion Hataru waking up to see Shiro’s actions. Hataru slowly blinked once, twice and finally thrice only to get up from the bed naked and walk out of the room.

“Oh god .. This is hot..”

“.... Oh god.. Ichiro, I’m sorry.” Shiro quickly tried but realized Ichiro didn’t understand what was happening and was picked up and set on the bed. Shiro quickly standing up, obviously nude but realizing he had nothing to hide had quickly muttered. “ Um.. I’ll go get your cup, Stay here.”

“... I .. want… to-”

“No, shut up.” Shiro practically yelled obviously already irked and ran after Hataru who shut himself in the bathroom. Quickly knocking on the door and muttering “I’m sorry.”

“It isn’t what you think, Ishiro had walked in looking for someone to help him with the cup, I shoved him back cause he was too close and me forgetting he was blind and pretty much unbalanced I pulled him back without realizing he’d fall straight on me.” Shiro quickly explained his cheeks flustered and out of breath.

Hataru opened the door and looked between the crack, only to eye Shiro and say nothing.

“.. I like you, more than anyone. I swear.” Shiro urged and Hataru opened the door and had already a towel wrapped around his lower half handing him one.

“I like you too.. But if I see something as stupid as that again, You won’t have a dick.”

“... Yes, Of course.” Shiro smiled, leaning over and stealing a quick kiss and suddenly pausing when he felt a hand touch at his bare thigh.

“Oh god, please tell me you were wearing undergarments…” Ichiro whined, stumbling to find his way to the bathroom.

--

“ Is everybody ready?” Hataru asked, adjusting the strap on his calf that velcrowed a knife to his leg.

Ichiro carefully placed his arms around Shiro’s neck, shiro arching his back and lowering himself enough for Ichiro attach himself. “ If I fall, and ruin any other limbs, I’ll ruin you next.” Ichiro threatened, resting his head on Shiro’s back.

“ Alright, so.. now we begin the search for Akiko.” Shiro announced, opening the door and stepping outside.

“ It’s bright.” Hataru said.

“ Geez! It sure is” Ichiro responded, Shiro letting out a chuckle. “ Shut up, mount.” Ichiro cut in.

“Sorry.” Hataru commented, sheepishly.

Shiro walked back inside, “ I have no idea where I am going..” he awkwardly coughed, “ Any..Uh’ suggestions?”

“ I bet my sister would of knew, since ya’know.. she had tons of Ravagers documented.”

“ .. Yyyyeaaaa..” Hataru spoke up,

“The fucks I give to that statement.”

“ Well actually, we should still have the written information.. geez’ if only I could LOOK for it.”

“ How long are you going to do this?” Shiro irritability questioned

Shiro’s left eye had quickly shifted to red, his head cocking once and cracking. His body quickly arching back and stretching, only to smile towards Hataru who looked at the latter now frowning over the sudden change.

“So, Let’s get started. Obviously let’s head to the city and walk the alley’s keep low but still keeping the look out, or in this case…-” He said patting the shrimp on his back. “Keep our senses up.”

“Shiro..?” Ichiro tried but noticed the difference in senses.

“The one and only. Well.. The better one.” Shiro grinned, quickly grabbing at Hataru’s chin and giving him a smirk only he could obviously see. Hataru on the other hand had shrugged his head away and turned his head in disgust. “I like it when you’re feisty.” He teased.

“Gross, don’t start, I can’t see but I can sure hear.”

“Don’t get jealous baby, I still dig you better.” Shiro chuckled, starting down the side of the house and slipping between the alley way where they made their way out of the suburbs.

--

“.. Ugh.” Ichiro soured. “ This place smells like scum and government compensation”

“Much like how the rest of the world smells like.” Shiro added. Rolling his eyes and turning his head towards where Hataru had now kept his distance from him. Turning back towards the road and smirking silently.

“ I’m sensing a large mixture of energy, this way, unsure of how many people, approach with care.” Ichiro pointed, sinking his teeth into Shiro’s shoulder.

Shiro gritted his teeth and turned his head, cheek-butting Ichiro over the bite. “That hurt and keep me posted where you continue to sense it.” Shiro kept his pace and remembered to occasionally look back to watch over Hataru. ‘He’s such a hassle.’ He thought.

“ The energy dropped in power, somebody just died.” Ichiro said with unease

Shiro froze and his nostrils flared with the smell of Idensen. “I smell a group.. Or it just me.”

After the loss of his sight, Ichiro’s other senses had oddly improved. “ There is two Idensen women, and three Idensen men. The person who died was an Odensen.”

“Let’s pay them a visit.” Shiro chuckled huskily and quickly mounted the roof of one of the buildings. “Stay there, Hataru.” He shouted, leaving a frustrated Hataru.

When they had arrived, they were greeted with the vivid image of a decapitated corpse. The figure had been stripped of its clothes, and was clearly raped before it was killed. It was the Odensen, a woman, her head still laid in the grass practically with the same facial expression she died with.

“Thank god, you’re blind.” Shiro commented and Ichiro had made another bite mark on Shiro’s shoulder.

“You know… Usually when someone dies it’s best to bury a corpse not become a necrophiliac.” Shiro raised a brow while Ichiro had for once thanked he was blind. Leaving the other five Idensen to finally turn towards the duo.

One of the five stepped up, a woman who clearly had been involved with drugs in the past, had taken a toll on her face. Her left eye quickly changed to a yellow hue, and she put a hand forward.

“I’m about to start. Hold on.” Shiro with ease as he felt the way his body suddenly felt tighter. Ichiro had wrapped his arms tightly around him, leaving him with a sudden question. Will he be able to move his vectors as freely? He slowly breathed out his vectors slid between the gaps of Ichiro’s chest and his back. Leaving him to finally release his form but somehow still feeling restrained.

The surrounding air quickly became visible, taking form in a hazy white array. The haze began to spread, leaving Shiro feeling vulnerable and Ichiro who couldn’t see the mist but could feel the moisture engulf his body; questioned the feeling “ What’s going on?”

“Nothing to worry about, really.” Shiro joked. landing near the group where he sent his six vectors blindly spread out forth. penetrating anything that came in contact. With a grunt of a woman being heard he sent the others to jabe into the same location, penetrating the said latter who let out another grunt and followed by a scream of agony as they were suddenly ripped apart by the inside out by the way the vectors pulled out in their separate directions.

“Someone just collapsed. I’m assuming it was your doing.” Ichiro confirmed

“Yup, Locate the rest.” Shiro commanded as he lifted his vectors and kept them up as shields, the long thin lining of them widening in their spread.

“Two are behind us and one seems to be rounding us towards the front” Ichiro noted.

“One is missing..” Shiro whispered.

“Well you did kill one..”

“No.. I mean one is mis-” Shiro’s ankle had been gripped firmly with the sudden tight squeeze of a wire rope. His eyes quickly widened as he shrugged Ichiro off his back and let his vector’s grip ahold of him, quickly feeling the sudden rush of electrical discharge rush through his body, not affecting his vectors who had held onto Ichiro, but had him screaming over the sudden rush of impulse of each electrical current.

“What the fuck is happening?” Ichiro questioned, obviously high up in the air, practically seeming as if he was flying. “Shiro?” He tried, now more confused.

Shiro at this point had sent one of his vectors to cut one of the wires to his ankle, although once the wire was separated from its source; the sound of a finger snapping had sent the wire to instantly explode. Shiro’s ankle at this point had been torned from his tendons and had him collapse onto his knees, his head lowering as he intaked a sharp breath. Noting the damage to his foot, he snarled and his left eye burned with the infamous red liquid crimson.

“ This is our town, beat it.” A mans voice resonated, the mist had scattered now slowly beginning to diminish, making figures distinguishable if they were in the vicinity of the pair.

“Hahaha…” Shiro managed underneath his boiling anger, now lowering Ichiro onto his back and letting Ichiro wrap two thin arms around his neck.

“You O’kay?” Ichiro questioned, overhearing the other’s odd laughter.

“Peachy.” Shiro started as he grabbed ahold of Ichiro’s leg and pulled him to the front, where Ichiro had met face to face with Shiro’s ragged breaths. His vectors now more capable of movement and Ichiro suddenly feeling a little too close for comfort but somehow feeling more safe than usual since the arms that were once holding onto his thighs had now been wrapped around his waist.

“So what’s a Red eye, doing in our town, they’re rare. I haven’t seen one since I first started out. Are they the weak ones of the gro--” A scream was heard.

He killed the man who had previously wrapped his leg with the wire rope.

“What!? How?! He wasn’t even close to he---” The explosive expert, had been cut off, with the sudden penetration of his own hand going through his own chest.

“ Ren (The man with the wire rope)…? Where’d you go?” The other called. Stepping closer but only to be sliced by the kneecaps and dropped face first into the concrete without his arms being there for support, since they had been the next to be striped out from their sockets.

Shiro’s breathing had accelerated and Ichiro had whispered. “Shiro..?” Although had been ignored when the final man had dropped to his knees when managed to have caught sight of his other companions.

“What..What do you want!?”

“.. What do I want?” Shiro whispered, only loud enough for Ichiro to hear. Ichiro slowly turning his head to where he sensed the final one just a few meters away.

“Shi-” Ichiro had been cut short for the sound of a gurgle and splattering blood had been the only sound that could resonate in Ichiro’s ears before he was cut off once more by Shiro’s voice.

“I want to rise to the top again. I want to be the winner of this pathetic game and rise above all else.” Shiro whispered, his eyes now darting towards Ichiro who already knew he was being stared at. He had lifted his head and met with Shiro’s forehead, startled, Ichiro flinched and felt the way Shiro’s body, particularly his knees, collapsed right from under him.

“Shiro!” Ichiro and followed by Hataru who had witnessed the fight had rushed down to aid Shiro in his stance. Removing Ichiro from Shiro’s side and lifting him by his shoulder.

“Give me back, Shiro!” Hataru practically warned. Shiro on the other hand had grabbed Hataru’s waist using one of his vectors and sent him flying 5 feet back. Grabbing ahold of Ichiro who had been confused from the start. Easily being moved back into Shiro’s hold although not noticing how Shiro directly started at Hataru as he did it.

“I want you to watch..” He spoke loud enough so Hataru could hear, who scrambled to get up from his blow.

“Don’t you dare” The other Shiro warned.

“What are--”

Hataru’s voice was cut short for all Ichiro was aware of was that he had been dragged forth and he instantly felt a pair of foreign lips on his. A sudden burn rushing up his cheeks and suddenly struggling to break free from the Edensen that had a tight hold on him. Hataru on the other hand had dropped his head and took a deep breath and screamed out.

“You and Shiro are not in any way alike!” He gasped. “You’re nothing like each other!”

“You’re right, I’m the one that’s going to end up on top while your beloved Shiro is going to wallow in his suffering, for ever letting me out this long. He’ll face the same struggle I did. I was in control in the last game, I’m in control this game and I’m going to be in control in the next game.”

“You will NEVER win this!” hataru growled.

“.. That so…? Who was making love to you last night..?” Shiro questioned smugly.His head cocking to the side and caressing Ichiro’s cheek, who at this moment seemed more mute than blind.

“... What are you saying..?” Hataru whispered, his eyes fighting back tears.

“What the fuck are you do-”

“You don’t exist and you will not be let out anymore, not until your sister is found and killed right before your very eyes OR …” He growled the last part “You can save your sister but the price will be the death of your beloved boyfriend, Take your pick.

“Don’t fuck with me.”

“Don’t you DARE fuck with me!” Shiro roared. Startling Ichiro from his resting position and Hataru who was on his knees by now and staring at his once beloved friend turned lover, become corrupted with someone he’s never known.

--

“Is.. Is the reason you want to kill me.. Because I’m a ravager?” Hataru spoke up from the deafening silence that graced the group, the sun down-casting over the trees and buildings and the night air already setting on them, leaving Ichiro to shiver from the sudden gust

“.. Yes.” Shiro admitted, his gaze fixed on Hataru.“You're an Odensen, just like Ichiro.”

“How long have you known?” Hataru mumbled, sounding slightly brittle.

“...”

“How long have you guys known that I am a ravager!” He repeated with an Ill temper.

“..Since we met” Ichiro confessed sympathetically

“Why did no-one tell me?..” Hataru questioned, now pacing back and forth in a panic. “All this time, you were

protecting me.. You were protecting me from other Ravagers, weren't you?”

Both Ichiro and Shiro were speechless, Hataru kept shaking his head in denial. “I can't believe this! I t-thought.”

“You thought what? That we were protecting you because we liked you?” Shiro scolded, “No-”

“ Stop!” the Real Shiro, argued inaudibly.

“Even if Shiro loved you, you really think he'd give up his sister's life for you to have one of the two spots in

the next game?”

“I don't wanna be in the next game, and I don't wanna be in this one! I want out!” Hataru bawled, tears vigorously trailing down his face, he began to throw some of the broken debris on the ground at Shiro.

Shiro's vectors quickly shot out and caught all the projectiles, tossing them to the side.

“You don't?”

“Stop this! I beg, P-Please don't do this!” Shiro begged

The vectors began to slither their way towards Hataru, for the first time, becoming visible. Ichiro remained seated, uncertain of what was happening. Hataru began to back away, slipping onto the ground and onto his ass, now pushing himself backwards away from the Vectors. Shiro took slow steps, his red eye more vivid than ever. The other Shiro, made constant attempts to regain control, but only managing to forcefully slow his body down.

The vectors instantly shot forward at Hataru. “No!” Hataru didn't move.

Every single vector twisted and angled around him, an invisible force acting upon them. From the side, Kyoko made an entrance.

“K-kyoko?” Hataru questioned in a small panicky voice.

“You speak too much, boy.” she replied, to Hataru, who now noticed the distinctive red eye that she shared with Shiro.

“Damn you! You've been nothing but trouble since the beginning!” Shiro growled, every vector bolted to Kyoko.

With the wave of her hand, all of the Vectors zoomed past her.

“What the hell! I should of killed you when I had the chance, you bitch.” Shiro barked, sending each vector one after the other to attack her, all failing.

Hataru quickly rushed to Ichiro ( Who was confused, like always), and pulled him out of the way from the randomized vectors.

“You are weak, with no control only power.” Kyoko mused, watching Shiro pant and gasp for air. “ You are one leg down.”

Shiro took the opportunity while she was teasing, to put all of his strength into one vector, it zipped past Ichiro & Hataru and directly to Kyoko.

She waved her hand once again, this time though, almost like a clap of thunder the force of Vector sent her back a couple of feet. On the ground was shattered pieces of a now visible conjured barrier, it slowly began to disperse the energy dissolving.

“ That voice.. it sounds so familiar, she..she was the woman who called my phone after Akiko went missing.”

“Great just what we needed, the bitch showing up to ruin ev-”

“Lady Kyoko!” Ahri, a young girl similar to the age of Ichiro had runned towards her master, quickly followed by a mute woman, by the name of Natsumi, who quickly dashed in front of Kyoko in a defensive pose.

“Oh great, more people I can’t see..” Ichiro irked, his senses picking up the sudden increase in Idensen aura and the two pulsating Edensen that seemed to overlap the rest.

“.. Ichiro..” Hataru said softly almost warningly, pressing a hand on his shoulder and quickly piping up. “Kyoko! .. You were the caller. Weren’t you?”

“ The calls, I partook in such things.” Kyoko replied, looking to Natsumi who stood in front of her. “ You would know such sooner if you would of taken time to meet with us.”

“.. Us..?” Hataru whispered only to pause for a moment his eyes shifting sharply towards Shiro who seemed suddenly weak and paler than usual and it wasn’t long before Hataru smelled the sudden sting of blood, not by the rotting corpses that scattered the scene but by the missing foot Shiro had missing. His body remained crouched with one knee to the ground and his other foot placed firmly onto the stable ground, trying to block the view of his injury to his fellow foes.

“ I am not as.. whiney as my second consciousness, no?” Kyoko joked, cracking a smile which seemed practically impossible from previous time Hataru spent with that body of hers.

“.. You could say that.” Hataru said, noting how Ichiro had slowly moved towards Shiro, his hand reaching towards Shiro’s face, startling the latter but quickly realized what the boy meant to the do, he tilted his head as Ichiro cupped around Shiro’s ears and whispered something inaudible to the rest, resulting in the dark glow of Shiro’s left eye. His face almost seeming much more relaxed.

“ Hataru, are you sick of being the tool yet?” Kyoko asked, her words more serious than they sounded.

“.. I’m a tool..” Hataru tried, his head turning towards Shiro who ignored his gaze and wrapped an arm around Ichiro quickly lifting him up and throwing him onto his back. His vectors now shifting back to their invisible faze and letting one of the said vectors hold him up from falling over, over his missing foot.

“ You may be tool, but I, I can make you more. The tool is only as strong as the person holding it.” Kyoko said, stepping closer to Hataru.

“Lady… Kyoko..” Ahri had spoke up, not trying to ruin the conversation.

With a flick of the wrist, Kyoko sent a shield flying into Shiro that pinned him, back against the ground, though it did little harm other than startling the blind child, who felt onto the ground next to Shiro.. “ Do you want to be more then the tool?” She urged

Shiro had instantly had dropped to his knees, his eyes darting towards Ichiro who had quickly called out to him. Shiro on the other hand and tried not to let his anger let him, his body adjusting so he was now pressing his head against the concrete and letting his vectors retract and cock his head towards Hataru now.

“Go with her.” Shiro said his left eye softening in it’s glow. “You don’t want to be a “tool” right..? By my side, I’ll see you as nothing more than a hassle, but to the Shiro that is still present in my head. He’ll be fighting for you. He’ll still try to protect you. Even now he’s fighting for control and Kyoko who is here to take you away from me. Who is obviously trying to kill you, I think we all know who is the best choice right now.”

“Wh..What are you getting at? You want me to leave, You want me to leave, because if I do.. If I leave.. Shiro becomes vulnerable underneath you, I’m the only thing keeping him up. Keeping his sanity.”

“You give yourself way too much credit, Although the determination is endearing don’t let it think it’s considerable at all in my state of mind.” Shiro reconciled. “I’ll tell you this though .. Kyoko wants you just as much as any Odensen is worth. You may not be a tracker but that could easily mean you have the ability to desensitize yourself or worse, mirror. You’re a walking time-bomb.”

“What are you trying to tell me ..?” Hataru cocked his head and realized the way Shiro’s eyes quickly transitioned between black and back to red. “.. Oh..”

“.. Now get, you little shit.” Shiro growled once. Hataru standing up and gritting his teeth as he made his way over towards Shiro, only to pull back his leg and slam it straight into Shiro’s jawline. Snapping something in the progress and having Hataru even wince.

“Lady Kyoko.. The Odensen is now on our side..?” Ahri questioned.

The two trackers, Ichiro and Ahri had slowly turned their heads towards the far distance. Pausing Ahri had turned towards the other boy, her head cocking and almost stepping closer trying to get a sense of the boy who seemed more concentrated on where the sudden huge amount of Idensen energy was coming from.

“You ..” Ahri, pitched up. “You can’t see..?”

“.. It’s called being blind, you little shit.” Ichiro said not turning towards her.

“.. Should’ve expected you were vulgar..”

“Should’ve also expected that they’re be a track among your pathetic group who can’t sense where they’re coming from.”

“I know where they’re coming from!” Ahri cried.

“Where..?”

“The..” Ahri turned her head trying to catch sight of them. “The .. North..?”

“East. Close. Not really. They’re coming in a group, Who else do you have coming, Kyoko” Ichiro questioned.

“ Such stupid questions from smart boy, it is not doing of mine.” Kyoko answered.

“... Lady Kyoko.. There’s five coming towards us.”

“Shiro, There’s six.”

“Five or six, which is it?” Natsumi finally spoke up.

“ We leave, enjoy such consequences for dumb actions.” Kyoko mentally shrugged, now expanding her shield to trap both Ichiro and Shiro’s full bodies.

In the brief moment the shield had expanded one of Shiro’s vector’s had slipped out and managed to wrap around Hataru’s arm, quickly squeezing shut to the point the bone in his arm tore in half. Shiro Jerking his head back and and letting out a wicked laugh, as Hataru dropped to his knees and grabbed ahold of his broken arm.

“A gift.” He managed with his broken jaw.

“ You injury my men, shiro?” Kyoko quickly retorted, stopping as Natsumi and Ahri began to exit. Kyoko made a gesture with her hand collapsing the shield on both him and ichiro, practically leaving them crushed before she began to hop on conjured pillars. “ Natsumi collect the wrench, yes?”

“Oh .. I forgot how women were.” Shiro croaked out, still managing one of his stupid laughs. While Ichiro struggled for air and tried to pry himself out of the grasp. “They’re the best!”

“Shi-” Ichiro gasped. “Shiro!”

Natsumi picked up Hataru and scurried off.

Shiro rolled his eyes and let his loose vector slice twice down the barrier finally breaking it and letting them both break free. Shiro reaching over to grab at his broken jawline.

“You had the ability to be free this whole time and you did nothing!?” Ichiro screamed practically dropping his fists down onto Shiro’s chest, or where he believe was his chest eventually slamming his stomach and earning a couple of grunts from the latter.

“I can’t be two overpowering now can I?” Shiro grinned, knowing Ichiro couldn’t see it but full well sensed it.

“.. They’re here.” Ichiro froze.

“I noticed that before too, they reek.”

“So you’re the infamous Shiro.” A man had dropped from one of the far buildings, stepping in strides and making his way towards Shiro, who by this point had all his vectors pointing at his face.

“It’s a pleasure.” Shiro grinned. wrapping an arm around Ichiro who had now stood to his full height but was dragged down by the heavy weight of Shiro’s hold on him.

“It is, So I have something that might interest you.” The man continued, as he made a pause in his steps far enough to make sure he wasn’t in any sort of possibly danger. Already aware of what Shiro was capable of. “Akiko, want to step forward for me?” The man turned back urging the girl to jump down from the building and standing next to him.

“Yes, Mr. Nagasaki” Akiko had walked out of the shadows into the lighting of the one of the lamp posts.

“Come closer, darling.” He said stretching out his hand.

Akiko nodded and walked slow towards the older man reaching out towards his hand. Shiro remaining quiet and unaffected.

“Does this not intere-”

“It doesn’t.” Shiro stated. “Are you forgetting that I’m not exactly the ‘right’ Shiro.”

“Oh..? So the real one isn’t at all interested?” Mr.Nagasaki inquired.

“He’s dead.” Shiro said flatly, earning a frown from Ichiro who stood up trying to hold Shiro up from his wasted form.

“Oh. That’s a pity and all this work just to keep her alive..” Mr.Nagasaki sighed, patting at her soft brown locks only to stop at her neck, pulling her forward in front of him and grabbing at her head and quickly snapping her neck. Dropping her limp body to the concrete.

Ichiro flinched.

Shiro blinked once, slowly nodding his head and managing to stand up, using one of his invisible vectors to hold him up. “Thank you for doing my job.” Shiro smiled. ‘I hope you’re watching Shiro’

“I suppose I underestimated you, Mr.Haruka.” Mr.Nagasaki spoke up, wiping his hands with a white handkerchief he managed to pull out from his left suit pocket.

“So you did.”

“I do believe since we are on the same page, we can help each other out, What do you say?” Mr. Nagasaki stepped forth and Shiro had pressed once of his vector’s to his cheek, letting it graze his skin and letting a small droplet of blood dribble out. “So, I’m taking that as a no.”

“It’s a maybe, but you step any closer I’ll do worse than what you did to Shiro’s sister.” Shiro smiled fondly.

“Was I mistaken? Did it affect you?”

“Contrary, You did the dirty work, at least that’s one person less I have to deal with.”

“Ah, seems reasonable to why you’d seem so defensive. My apologizes. As you’ve heard, my name is Yasuo Nagasaki, but please do call me Mr. Nagasaki.” He said with a bow.

“Shiro.”

“I have big plans but I do need someone like you on my side, care to join? I’ll be willing to let you reach to the top along with your little friend you have there who .. So already seems to understand who I am-”

“ We work alone!” Ichiro cut in, speaking for both him and Shiro.

“Oh..? That so? That’s a pity.” Mr.Nagasaki cracked a finger and it wasn’t long before Shiro and Ichiro had been surrounded by the remaining ravagers who had been eagerly watching from afar.

“ Shiro.. I think he’s doing a sneak attack, I feel their energies much closer” Ichiro whispered, unknowing about the ravagers surrounding him.

“Thanks for the heads up…” Shiro rolled his eyes and facepalmed.

“By the way.. Shiro…” Ichiro spoke up.

“Hm..?” Shiro said as he still kept his eyes on Mr. Nagasaki who seemed content with just watching them.

“That was .. Um.. My first kiss..” Ichiro whispered the last part.

“... Is this really the time for that..?” Shiro said turning his head irritated.

“Well, Shiro, care to join me?”

“Sure, why not, got a medic? I need to stop some bleeding.”

“But, of course! I’d be happy to care for your wounds.”

‘Good.. You’re going to need one sooner or later.’ Shiro thought lifting Ichiro onto his back once more and walking towards Mr.Nagasaki with a missing foot that was easily replaced by the vector that placed itself as a stable mount.

--

“ Good ?” the doctor asked, dropping his gloves into the trashcan next to the exam-table. Shiro quickly shot up, and got off the exam-table, standing on the hard-tiled floor. He grunted in pain, the tendons still sore; which would only be healed with time.

“ Great.” Shiro answered, reaching down to his foot which had been scarred.

“ The little one is awaiting you outside the door.” The doctor said, leaning against the counter.

“ Hey, I have a question.. Is there anyway you could replace Ichiro’s eyes?” Shiro asked out of curiosity, scratching his head, as if he was embarrassed to ask the man.

“ No, there is no possible way to receive fully functional eyes for your friend. And even if I did, reattaching the nerves would be troublesome.”

“ Ah..”

“ Though; between you and I, I may know a solution.” The doctor said, his voice lowering a bit, as he looked to the door to make-sure it was shut.

Shiro stepped closer “How?”

“ If they weren’t killed yet, every game, there is an Idensen with the ability to heal other ravagers.” The doctor mused, “ Mr.Nagasaki has been.. looking diligently for them, for reasons unknown to me.”

“ That’s a long shot.”

“ No. It is your only option to restore your friends vision. Do ponder on it.” the doctor mused, opening the door and gesturing Shiro out.

Shiro watched as Ichiro stood up from the waiting chair, and walked to him. He greeted Shiro with open arms, but instead of hugging him he had fallen onto the floor, right beside Shiro.

“ You’re so helpless.” Shiro chuckled, picking Ichiro up off the floor.

“ Shut-up.” Ichiro quickly retorted “ How’s your foot?”

“ Better than it was before.” Shiro said, shaking his reattached appendage. “ Now let’s get out of here.”

“ Huh? .. No.” Ichiro asserted, walking forward a bit.

“ They’ll just turn on us once we kill the other Ravagers.”

“ Yea, but while we’re with them, we have access to..shelter, medical care and even company.”

“ Hmph..”

“ So where is the other Shiro?” Ichiro asked “ He must of took his sisters death..not so well.”

“ The ‘other’, Shiro, was cut off.” Shiro claimed, now inspecting the wheelchairs that the hospital kept available.

“ I think I might have a temporary fix for your, blindness.. Or at least something to help.” Shiro continued, switching the conversation topic. Ichiro nodded, being guided by Shiro’s grip on his hand. He picked up Ichiro at the hips, and lifted him into tho.oe wheelchair.

“ Oh I’ll just sit for the rest of my life, Shiro.” Ichiro sassed.

Shiro began to push the wheelchair forward, “ You’re in a wheelchair, stupid.” he chuckled.

“ Wow, I’m being pushed around physically now too.” Ichiro argued

“ Is that how you feel? You can leave whenever you’d like, squirt.”

“ .. Where am I going to go? I can’t see anything.”

“I don’t know, How about my bed..?” Shiro teased, grinning as they made their way down the corridor now heading back to the main building of the hospital where a limo had greeted them by the main entrance.

“Excuse yo-”

Shiro whistled in amazement. Pausing and now eying the limousine. “Ain’t she a beauty.”

“What is..?” Ichiro spoke up, obviously not able to see the limo, as well trying to remove the blush from his cheeks.

“Nothing, Doll.” Shiro chuckle, picking up Ichiro and setting him down. Linking hands once more while Ichiro grunted in frustration.

The driver had come around, taking a bow and opening the door for the two. “Mr. Nagasaki is expecting both of you.”

“That so..” Shiro grinned, rubbing the back of his head. “I’ll gladly go with if there’s booze.”

“You better not get drunk, you’re my eyes. Asshole.” Ichiro irked, nudging his elbow at Shiro’s waist.

--

“Mr. Haruka and Mr. Ivan, Welcome to my home!” Mr. Nagasaki had perked up from the dining room, once the door to the main entrance had opened. Meanwhile Shiro let out another whistle as he walked ahead still leading Ichiro on, who again had no idea where he was but paused when he suddenly felt a large aura resonate throughout the house, making him freeze.

“Shiro... “ Ichiro said cautiously, only to once again sense another Idensen enter the room, already familiarized by the sense, he kept behind Shiro.

“Hm..?” Shiro mused nonchalantly. His eyes more kept on the the surroundings. Mr. Nagasaki was riched. The type that it almost seemed scary to get on his bad side. Too bad he already was.

“Yeah, Thanks for inviting us.” Shiro said looking around once more, his eyes kept on the long stair case on the right that lead to the dark upstairs. “Care to tell us why though?” Shiro smiled.

“Oh of course, but will speak about that during lunch. Come. Sit. It’s best to talk while eating.” Mr. Nagasaki spoke out with a big fond smile.

“ But we can’t chew with our mouths open, this seems rather ineffective.” Ichiro pondered out loud

Shiro laughed.

“Oh, I suppose you’re right.” Mr.Nagasaki said rather sheepishly. “Although I do mean what I said. Let’s have a talk.” At this point his voice sounded a bit off. Two men in suits now stepping behind Shiro and Ichiro had them both escorted to their seats at the table and were served two large plates of food.

“So about the matters of the final three. As you know.” Mr. Nagasaki began, Although was cut off by Shiro speaking out to Ichiro.

“Need help there buddy?” While have a mouth full of a chicken leg and handing the one that was on Ichiro’s plate in Ichiro’s hand.

“Oh this is going to be long day…” Mr.Nagasaki murmured and quickly lifted his head when a soft hand was placed at the head of his chair.

“Sir, your wife calls for you.” Tsubasa, the woman that had abandoned the ‘thugs’ that Shiro encountered the day before, announced.

“Oh yes, Excuse me boys.” Mr. Nagasaki spoke up, standing up and leaving the room, with Tsubasa in toll leaving both Shiro and Ichiro to feed.

“She was the woman that escaped before..” Shiro commented and Ichiro took another bite from his chicken leg, swallowing and soft muttering.

“There’s another Edensen somewhere in the house.”

“Hm..Kyoko?” Shiro questioned.

“ No. Someone else… and by the sense of it. They’re strong.”

“Scale from one to ten.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“We really need to learn how to scale them.”

“I don’t even… No. I .. I don’t know.”

“Then why do you even bother.”

“Because I’m trying to be … -- Forget it.” Ichiro sighed frustrated.

“Haha, I’m kidding.” Shiro grinned.

Both Shiro and Ichiro overheard the TV that quietly blared, from the entertainment room on the other side of the wall.

“ We are sorry to announce that our former new anchor, Mr.Utau, will no longer be reporting. He suffered a fatal injury after his car spun out of control and crashed into a tree.” Julie veress reported, awkwardly shuffling papers in her hand.

“Hallelujah.” Shiro sang once the news cast was over.

“You’re a lot more relaxed than usual.” Ichiro commented.

“Shiro’s gone. For thousands of years I’ve had to live with him, some life times we’d manage to sync and others not so much. We aren’t like Idensen or Odensen. Who get one mind and one body. We get the burden of two minds, because the power an Edensen holds can be too much. When Shiro and I fought mentally, I struggled with the need to move the body, but now he silenced himself and decided to let himself be taken over. It’s as if I’m the original but I know how the story goes.. If I die being the winner of this game, he’s reborn being the original once more. It’s frustrating to think that I had to take this all by force. To think we might not remember and sync in the next year.” Shiro said with a smile on his face, eyes glowing soft and downcasting.

“Edensen are complicated creatures.” Ichiro whispered.

“We are but I like to think that’s O’kay because we get to show off.” Shiro practically giggled like a girl and received a punch to the stomach.

“...I was… eating..” Shiro dropped his head on the table.

“.. Arrogant bitch.”

“Boys, Excuse my temporary absence, I was caring for my wife.” Mr.Nagasaki said with clamped hands. “You know how the women are.”

“Don’t I know.” Shiro grinned.

“Now..” Mr.Nagasaki said sharply. “Let’s talk about the end of the game.”

“Speaking of which, Care to tell me who else is here that you haven’t introduced?” Shiro smiled nonchalantly.

“Oh..? Oh. Excuse me, I almost forgot about the Odensen boy. He’s a tracker isn’t he.”

“Yeah, Enough about him. Who else is with us..?”

“That’s really not much of your con-”

“You want to work together? Talk.” Shiro said standing up from his seat and alerting the two men in black to quickly step behind Shiro and Ichiro. “I wouldn’t get behind me, I’m not exactly the bottom type.”

“Alright, Alright. Settle down.” Mr.Nagasaki raised two hands and ushered the two men to refrain from any attacks. “The other Edensen is my newborn son.” Mr. Nagasaki lied, with a smile.

“Shiro…” Ichiro turned his head and reached a hand to grip at Shiro’s sleeve.

“Show me.” Shiro pipped up.

“.. Show you my son..?” Mr.Nagasaki questioned. “Aren’t you being a little too .. persistent now?”

“Precautions.” Shiro reconciled with a waved hand of dismissal.

“I have my own as well, Mr. Haruka.”

“The final three. Let’s be honest, there’s only three spots and I do intend to be apart of it along with Ichiro.” Shiro announced startling Ichiro and somehow managing to show shocked expression. “I’m assuming you want to be apart of the top three?”

“Not me,” Mr.Nagasaki shook his head. “My son.”

“.. That’s fine by me. Although, if you really intend to keep your family safe then, I think we should really get to riding the stench in the room.” Shiro mused, his head hinting back towards the two ravagers. Mr.Nagasaki shaking his head.

“To be someone on top, you need to have people who are willing to follow, for a cause. Though they may not live onto the next life they certainly to have a nice one in this one. Not everyone wants to live forever like you Shiro.” Mr. Nagasaki spoke fondly. “Who we are in this world .. In this lifetime is good enough for us. I want to give … My son the best .. And the happiness he deserves, even if he doesn’t go well in this lifetime I hope he still manages in his second.”

“What a good father..” Ichiro acknowledged whispering, his head now lifting towards where Shiro seemed more silent than ever.

“I asked you to join me in this fight for the sake of saving my family. Will you be as so kind as to push my son forward?” Mr.Nagasaki’ smile never unflattering.

“.. Yeah.. Sure..” Shiro tched.

[The end.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back